Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Hommage To Ojukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hommage To Ojukwu (999 Views)

Soludo Reveals What Peter Obi Swore To Ojukwu / Azikiwe’s 1968 Letter to Ojukwu, begging Ojukwu To End The Biafra War / IGBO People Will Abadone Peter Obi The Way They Did To Ojukwu In 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hommage To Ojukwu by gidgiddy: 11:16am On Jun 30, 2018
Eze Igbo gburu gburu!

You gave up your fathers wealth to join the Nigerian Army as a private

Despite graduating from the prestigious Oxford university, you gave up what could have been a lucrative career in the private sector to become a district officer in the service of your people

You risked your life to travel to Aburi, Ghana, to prevent war

When the Northern Region decided that Nigeria was their property, you were the only person who decided to rise up and defend your people against subjugation.

When others were pledging their eternal slavery to the Caliphate, you were declaring the independence and freedom of your people

You led your people in an armed struggle for liberation from the clutches of the caliphate which other regions were happy to cow tow because they didn't have your courage

Yes, you failed to liberate us from the Caliphate but we love you in death for giving it your best shot when all others chose the much easier and cowardly route of being slaves.

When you lost the war, rather than stay back to be killed, you denied your enemies the perfect victory by evading capture. To this day, your enemies still gnash their teeth that you denied them the perfect victory.

The Caliphate slaves said you were a coward for not staying back to be killed but you were wise enough to realise that only a fool will hand himself to his enemies on a platter of gold.

You stood up for your people when all others decided to bow to the Caliphate.

You were the greatest Igbo man who ever lived

Eze Igbo gburu gburu! Dike eji ejemba!

2 Likes

Re: Hommage To Ojukwu by almajiri101: 11:30am On Jun 30, 2018
That's the coward man who got millions of his people killed by fighting a lost battle out of greed.

A stoopid greedy man who contaminated ipob's blood with so much hate, greed and gullibility.

Igbos should forever remain ungrateful to this fool for casting them out of their own father's land. He successfully make them slaves and inferior in Nigeria.

He singlehandedly reduced their huge numbers to 5%.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hommage To Ojukwu by gidgiddy: 1:28pm On Jun 30, 2018
almajiri101:
That's the coward man who got millions of his people killed by fighting a lost battle out of greed.

A stoopid greedy man who contaminated ipob's blood with so much hate, greed and gullibility.

Igbos should forever remain ungrateful to this fool for casting them out of their own father's land. He successfully make them slaves and inferior in Nigeria.

He successfully reduced their huge numbers to 5%.

The people he led are not complaining so why are you having heart attack over someone's else's palavar?

2 Likes

Re: Hommage To Ojukwu by almajiri101: 1:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
gidgiddy:

The people he led are not complaining so why are you having heart attack over someone's else's palavar?

So pathetic that my country men lost their worth and voices just because of someone's greed.
Re: Hommage To Ojukwu by Balyz: 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2018
grin
Re: Hommage To Ojukwu by Balyz: 1:45pm On Jun 30, 2018
gidgiddy:

But why did he run away?
Re: Hommage To Ojukwu by gidgiddy: 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2018
almajiri101:

So pathetic that my country men lost their worth and voices just because of someone's greed.

Your country men? Who told you they are your country men? Lord Lugard? You don't have any country man, what you have is a contraption the British set up in 1914 which your fore-fathers later stole, and adopted as their non existent homeland

3 Likes

Re: Hommage To Ojukwu by gidgiddy: 2:24pm On Jun 30, 2018
Balyz:
But why did he run away?

By running away, he denied you Nigerians a perfect victory. That's enough reason to run away

2 Likes

Re: Hommage To Ojukwu by almajiri101: 2:27pm On Jun 30, 2018
gidgiddy:

Your country men? Who told you they are your country men? Lord Lugard? You don't have any country man, what you have is a contraption the British set up in 1914 which your fore-fathers later stole, and adopted as their non existent homeland

That's the inferiority complex we're talking. My dear ipob, it's high time you brace up and challenge your fellow for your right. Stop depriving yourself your constitutional right.

Sys who Ibos can't be president of Nigeria?
Re: Hommage To Ojukwu by gidgiddy: 2:30pm On Jun 30, 2018
almajiri101:

That's the inferiority complex we're talking. My dear ipob, it's high time you brace up and challenge your fellow for your right.

First admit that it was British white man called Lugard is who made you a Nigerian and we can take it from there.
Re: Hommage To Ojukwu by almajiri101: 2:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
gidgiddy:

First admit that it was British white man called Lugard is who made you a Nigerian and we can take it from there.

Were your forefathers not happy to be Nigerian in the days of lord lugard?... Greed set in when the bastard child grew up and intentionally joined the military in a preparation for his self agenda.
Re: Hommage To Ojukwu by Balyz: 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2018
gidgiddy:

By running away, he denied you Nigerians a perfect victory. That's enough reason to run away
He for stay na grin
Re: Hommage To Ojukwu by Banmeallday: 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2018
Ojukwu was even given a state burial because his enemies knew he was worthy. Ojukwu could have ran to London then, or stepped aside and allow his people to be slaves....but he said HECK NO, just like our mothers in 1929 that stood against the British in Aba, just like those our forefathers who decided to drown themselves in the New World than to be slaves, just like our people in Haiti (who first recognized Biafra) who stood up against Napoleon centuries ago...

But dayum, what happened to our people today? Now they jam Davido, are hoes in Lagos, are acting like orphans who forgot their history.
They have actually become like the Nigger Area citizens in Nigeria.

But thank goodness not all of them

Thank you Ojukwu our most able leader for trying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBScTgGAon8
Re: Hommage To Ojukwu by shallysgirl: 8:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
almajiri101:

That's the inferiority complex we're talking. My dear ipob, it's high time you brace up and challenge your fellow for your right. Stop depriving yourself your constitutional right.

Sys who Ibos can't be president of Nigeria?
You seem to be more troubled than igbos.
An almajiri just left my compound . I paid him to clean my compound. His brother is president Buhari.
When I go for morning walks, I see them sleeping on cardboard boxes outside in this cold. They are all Buhari's brothers. Nansense.
Re: Hommage To Ojukwu by gidgiddy: 9:18pm On Jun 30, 2018
almajiri101:

Were your forefathers not happy to be Nigerian in the days of lord lugard?... Greed set in when the bastard child grew up and intentionally joined the military in a preparation for his self agenda.

They were happy? Was it when they fought Lugard in the Arochukwu war or the Ekumeku war? Or maybe they were happy when they were slaughtered in the Jos massacre of 1945 or the Kano massacre of 1953?

I dont know any people who enjoyed being killed.

(1) (Reply)

Oyo State Honorable Commissioner For Finance And Budget, Hon. Abimbola Adekanmbi / I Am Afraid Of 2019 Election; Let’s Pray For A Peaceful Election – Ekweremadu / I Wonder How Your Senses Works. Igbo Boy To Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.