Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? (26480 Views)

Nigerians Raise N70m For Baby With Hole In His Heart In Less Than 48hrs (pics) / Traditional Bonesetter Complicates A Child's Case, Loses Limb (Graphic Photo) / Baby With 4 Hands And 3 Legs Born In Zaria, Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by AgentGoat: 11:18am On Jul 01, 2018
pushkin:
That hospital needs to be sued. When a woman is in labor there should be a CS option on standby just in case of complications.
Scans don't always have the accurate size of babies in the womb. When I had my baby though normal delivery but there was cs option on standby cos I had a big baby.

What if this patient refused CS?
You are so sure her doctor didn't discussed that with her.

Patients sabi lie to favour when things goes wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by Lushka(m): 11:20am On Jul 01, 2018
amina2000:
Goodmorning Family and happy New month.
I just put to birth and it was a difficult delivery becos my baby was too big ,during delivery the upper limp of my baby was stretched that he could not move one his hands, or feel it.Pls I want to know if any mother has experience this and how were they able help heal or use the hand.thanks
Note :the scans was seeing a small baby so there was no room for C S.
Sorry for that. Probably u rejected the option of C/S cos it is obvious ur baby is big.
What ur baby needs is physiotherapy. I dnt know ur location bt source for a good centre wt good physiotherapist around u.

1 Like

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 11:20am On Jul 01, 2018
amina2000:
I just put to birth and it was a difficult delivery becos
my baby was too big ,during delivery

Too much of food and eating of junks during pregnancy.

.Pls I want to know if any mother has experience this and how were they able help heal or use the hand.thanks

Inexperienced doctor and nurses.

No exercise during pregnancy.
Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 01, 2018
I feel for u.
Why not take the baby to a good hospital around u.
If u are in Abuja, go to zankli hospital as they seem to be among the best paediatric hospital in nigeria.
All the best
Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by UNRULY(m): 11:23am On Jul 01, 2018
Please go to a good hospital so they can help you immediately.. And congratulations for your safe delivery
Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by supereagle(m): 11:24am On Jul 01, 2018
amina2000:
I just put to birth and it was a difficult delivery becos my baby was too big ,during delivery the upper limp of my baby was stretched that he could not move one his hands, or feel it.Pls I want to know if any mother has experience this and how were they able help heal or use the hand.thanks
Whatsapp me 08120087270, put Erb's palsy there. I hope is not more than 3weeks. I have more than 25 years working experience.

2 Likes

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by MedicalSamwise(m): 11:25am On Jul 01, 2018
amina2000:

Probably he has injury to the brachial plexus. ..but what do I know? ?
Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by supereagle(m): 11:28am On Jul 01, 2018
Coldplay007:

Sue that hospital..

Brachial plexus injury. Most cases resolve within 4 months of birth but can last up to 2 years before resolving. Hopefully the damage is not permanent.

Go to a hospital that has a consultant Neurologist..
Please don't give misleading information, without proper interventions from experienced hands, walerian degeneration will set in within that period.

3 Likes

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by fuckboys: 11:30am On Jul 01, 2018
dominique:
Delay is dangerous! Take the baby to a good orthopaedic hospital
seun, is this one of your mods on Nairaland? undecided
Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by Viking007(m): 11:31am On Jul 01, 2018
Rakiticbarca:
It's called Erbs palsy, relax and dont be scared, all you need do is get a good physiotherapist to be seeing your baby. You will need an EMS and an aeroplane splint to position your baby's upper limb. Like I said you've got no problem, the earlier you start the better.
Oga are you back online? You no see my text message? angry
Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by Moveonmax: 11:33am On Jul 01, 2018
I cant really recollect how it happened but I remember my Aunt had similar issues with her second child. I'll hit her up and feed you back on how she was able to overcome.

1 Like

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by Amarabae(f): 11:34am On Jul 01, 2018
Is nairaland a hospital?
Why not dress up and take your baby to a quality government hospital.
I don't understand this obsession with bringing everything to social media.
I pray for the baby,
Everything will be OK with him or her

1 Like

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by supereagle(m): 11:34am On Jul 01, 2018
Rakiticbarca:
It's called Erbs palsy, relax and dont be scared, all you need do is get a good physiotherapist to be seeing your baby. You will need an EMS and an aeroplane splint to position your baby's upper limb. Like I said you've got no problem, the earlier you start the better.

All the cases I have managed in my practice, I'm yet to use non of the above, just a simple procedure and the baby is fine. An orthopedic surgeon referred one to me last week. I'm managing the baby, I showed them EMS, but I them I have, but I don't use it.
Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by CChillz: 11:36am On Jul 01, 2018
Just make arrangements with a good paediatrician if the hospital is well equipped they might conduct an EMG test (nerve conduction test) to ascertain the extent of damage and almost likely place a Physiotherapist to handle the situation. Erbs palsy is easy to handle at infant stage. so the earlier you see a good paediatrician and a physiotherapist, the faster your baby starts moving his/her arm. Thank God you noticed it early, I wish your baby faster recovery.

1 Like

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by supereagle(m): 11:36am On Jul 01, 2018
Amarabae:
Is nairaland a hospital?
Why not dress up and take your baby to a quality government hospital.
I don't understand this obsession with bringing everything to social media.
I pray for the baby,
Everything will be OK with him or her

We have professionals here who can advice. I have benefited from the positive advice from this platform.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by Kapaskii(m): 11:42am On Jul 01, 2018
Sorry dear about your babys hand. You need not to worry. The baby will require a physical therapist intervention which he will determine after assessing ur child. Prognosis depends on the degree and level of injury. In severe case surgical intervention would be required. But lets hope its not a secere one. Early treatment is important that is why you should see a physiotherapist ASAP. They should educate you more on the management. What to do and how you should handle you baby moving forward.

Wish ur bany quick recovery... smiley

3 Likes

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by Rakiticbarca: 11:45am On Jul 01, 2018
Viking007:
using someone else's phone, was actually reading offline, the op's post forced me to sign in.
Thanks for for the text, I saw it but was wondering who the person could be because the SIM was in a different phone. Thanks alot and happy new month too.

1 Like

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by madgoat(m): 11:47am On Jul 01, 2018
Rakiticbarca:

Rubbish... Making diagnosis without even seeing the patient. Nonsense. Dont mislead the mother. Let the problem be diagnosed in the hospital appropriately and the right treatment plan followed.
Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by madgoat(m): 11:50am On Jul 01, 2018
bigpicture001:
...why not " neurologist " but why a " consultant Neurologist "...

Guy don't act daft on social media. A neurologist is a consultant and can be rightly referred to as consultant neurologist.
Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by Rakiticbarca: 11:50am On Jul 01, 2018
madgoat:

Rubbish... Making diagnosis without even seeing the patient. Nonsense. Dont mislead the mother. Let the problem be diagnosed in the hospital appropriately and the right treatment plan followed.
peace

2 Likes

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by OKKO(m): 11:51am On Jul 01, 2018
You can only benefit from PHYSIOTHERAPY. Search for one. Where is your location?

1 Like

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by rassan: 11:51am On Jul 01, 2018
Relax, all what you need to do is go to a nearby standard hospital, ask for the physiotherapy department. Let them treat the erb's palsy for just 6 weeks. You will notice a remarkable improvement. Don't waste your time by visiting any neurosurgeon nor pediatrician, because some of them may not even refer your baby to a physiotherapist. Delay is dangerous please take this baby to the hospital and let them direct you to physiotherapy clinic or department.

2 Likes

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by Ibrahim505(m): 11:52am On Jul 01, 2018
Disconnection of axillary nerve as a result of pulling the baby upper limb during delivery.
A physiotherapist will help solve your baby problem even without the use of drugs or surgery.
You can go directly to the physiotherapy unit of any hospital for commencement of the medical rehabilitation.

1 Like

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by Viking007(m): 11:52am On Jul 01, 2018
Rakiticbarca:
using someone else's phone, was actually reading offline, the op's post forced me to sign in.
Thanks for for the text, I saw it but was wondering who the person could be because the SIM was in a different phone. Thanks alot and happy new month too.
Errmm I think you're mistaken me for someone else. I don't do any happy new month BS cheesy I sent a message yesterday, my number ends with 401.
Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by OKKO(m): 11:54am On Jul 01, 2018
supereagle:

Whatsapp me 08120087270, put Erb's palsy there. I hope is not more than 3weeks. I have more than 25 years working experience.

Are you a physiotherapist?
Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by Rakiticbarca: 11:56am On Jul 01, 2018
Viking007:
[/b] Errmm I think you're mistaken me for someone else. I don't do any happy new month BS cheesy I sent a message yesterday, my number ends with 401.
hsahahhahah, I didn't see it then, lol
Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by lovethchioma(f): 11:56am On Jul 01, 2018
amina2000:
This happened to me so many years ago. Just like your baby, I was very big too.
My parents took me to different hospitals then and they said there was nothing that could be done to the hand, that my parents should just be exercising the hand. They continued doing that for me until I grew but there was no difference.

Well, I'm an adult today and I still suffer the mistake of those careless doctors/nurses. Still can't really use the hand much.. though you might not notice it easily except when I'm about to do something with my hands. So many persons ask why I don't use my two hands to type when I'm working with my laptop, I just tell them they wouldn't understand. I'm still faster than those who use two hands to type though.

I want to believe there should be solutions for this problem today, at least things have improved. So, anything you want to do about your baby's hand, please do it fast. At least the babies bones/nerves haven't fully formed so it's easier to make corrections now.

I don't know if at this my age, if anything could be done to correct mine. I will do anything to be able to use my left hand well. Doctors in the house.. I need your suggestions.

8 Likes

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by bigpicture001: 11:57am On Jul 01, 2018
madgoat:

Guy don't act daft on social media. A neurologist is a consultant and can be rightly referred to as consultant neurologist.
...I wanted us to chat like adult,but ur referring to me as daft has made me realise that the Goat in ur Monica is who u truly are. mumu. du u no that if u major in.neurology and even.begin the practice. u still can't be called a consultant Neurologist...? if u don't know ask ur fake lazy docs in ur hospitals... idiot there a million things u could lern frm me if u don't know.....go nd find out what process one will go through to be called a consultant on any.medical field......

1 Like

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by perdollar(m): 11:57am On Jul 01, 2018
Coldplay007:

Sue that hospital..

Brachial plexus injury. Most cases resolve within 4 months of birth but can last up to 2 years before resolving. Hopefully the damage is not permanent.

Go to a hospital that has a consultant Neurologist..
omo see definitive diagnosis. well ma

1 Like

Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by doctokwus: 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2018
supereagle:

We have professionals here who can advice. I have benefited from the positive advice from this platform.
This your advert,no be here.
It's tradomedicals and miracle home healers that advertise like this.What exactly is your field of expertise?
Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by rassan: 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2018
Seek for physiotherapy department in a well established hospital. Erb's palsy is physiotherapist's specialized area of management. But delay is dangerous
Re: Any Experience With A Baby With Upper Limb Injury During Birth? by Ibrochaka(m): 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2018
Viking007:
happy new month bro, please concerning the job we went for interview, are they still calling?....... Cuz I once heard you saying that the calling is in batches

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vet Doctor Warns People Against Use Of Rat Poisons / Coronavirus: Test result of suspected Katsina case negative / #justiceforchidubem: Tina Ogbonnaya Narrates Her Side Of The Story (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.