Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? (13524 Views)

Man To Collect Equipment Donated To RCCG If Adeboye Fails To Endorse A Candidate / How Much Do You Give As Offering In Church? / Man Caught Stealing Money From Church's Offering In Ghana (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by brainhgeek(m): 11:33am On Jul 01, 2018
Nothing is wrong with that. A pastor speaking here
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by nwamehn: 11:38am On Jul 01, 2018
Imustreturn:
Why don't u change the money before going to church?

Some people no get shame

So, in a situation where for a fault of mine I couldn't prepare early enough to be at church on time and I had only 1k note and couldn't get change because I was rushing to meet up before the church service would start and my last card was that 1k which I would survive on throughout that Sunday before I go out Monday morning for the daily hustle as a labourer, ar u of the opinion that I should forget about giving offering that very Sunday or give out the entire 1k as offering or abandon the church service while it is going on to go outside and start looking for change?
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Bianda24: 11:45am On Jul 01, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

So what happens to a person who sows a seed offering, prayed and fasted on it for days or weeks and drops it in d offering bag/box hoping he has send the money on a mission only for it to be taken by someone else as change probably to buy chewing gum or to give conductor on his way back. How would you feel as d sower?

BTW can you present a money gift to ur boss in d office and right there in his front ask for change?

Brother if u respect God more than ur boss, you will run round and get change before dropping d offering.

What you've given, you've given! Keep your dignity and respect Gods integrity.

My take: It isn't a bad thing to do but it is awkward. Like you rightly opined, look for the change before you get to church rather than collecting change here and there.

Just as you can't collect change from a gift given to your boss, so it won't be sensible to do that to God.
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by nwamehn: 11:45am On Jul 01, 2018
bixton:
Have you heard of anyone who went to a native doctor and asked for change?

Is it right to give alms to a beggar and ask for change?

Have you ever given money to your parents or guardians and asked for change in return?

Do you understand what it means to give an offering and the reasons behind it?

How would you feel if you're seated next to God and while you require something from Him, He in return asks for change?

Do you have good morals or the right ethics to living?

There are 6 days before and after every Sunday, why don't you get that change before entering the church ?

Giving offerings to the Most High is not some sanctimonious thing or an impulsive duty.

Those who think they can ask certain questions thinking they mock God are only mocking themselves.

So, in ur humble opinion, it's better not to give offering at all if u don't have the particular denomination u wish to give than for u to give a larger amount and then start asking for change from the usher?
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by wolfnigga: 11:46am On Jul 01, 2018

Oya where them pastors
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Imustreturn(m): 11:47am On Jul 01, 2018
nwamehn:

So, in a situation where for a fault of mine I couldn't prepare early enough to be at church on time and I had only 1k note and couldn't get change because I was rushing to meet up before the church service would start and my last card was that 1k which I would survive on throughout that Sunday before I go out Monday morning for the daily hustle as a labourer, ar u of the opinion that I should forget about giving offering that very Sunday or give out the entire 1k as offering or abandon the church service while it is going on to go outside and start looking for change?
your choice on either to drop it all or don't drop it at all! Or even don't go to church! Your choice brother..

Me whether I get offering or not I dey go church.. Heaven race is "OYO"
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by nwamehn: 11:49am On Jul 01, 2018
LEGEND7466:
Make sure u package ur offerings and other commitments to God with respect. Does it even sound right looking for change in church? Be prepared before coming to church to avoid embarrassing urslf and trying to mock God.... God can never be mocked!

So, u sincerely mean that asking an usher for change for ur offering is mocking God?
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by RexTramadol1: 11:49am On Jul 01, 2018
I came here to laugh

I know of people who collect change without dropping offering

What about that?
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by nwamehn: 11:59am On Jul 01, 2018
Imustreturn:
your choice on either to drop it all or don't drop it at all! Or even don't go to church! Your choice brother..

Me whether I get offering or not I dey go church.. Heaven race is "OYO"

Same way it's also ur choice to either ask for change or not and it's not something someone should say it's shameful that u ar doing it since Bible didn't condemn it.
U actually believe it's no shame going to church without offering because it's ur choice and it's no sin, yet u opined that asking an usher for change which is another person's choice and no sin too is shameful?

Since heavenly race is OYO, I don't see any reason why it's a shame to either ask for change as u said, or not even give offering at all sef.
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by ScienceWatch: 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2018
AndreSalvatore:
The last time i checked, the church ain't a business premises...
I would venture to say that it is Ok for an Atheist to take change from an offering basket or even more than he put in.
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by ScienceWatch: 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2018
RexTramadol1:
I came here to laugh

I know of people who collect change without dropping offering

What about that?
You must have been observing atheists doing that. It won't surprise me.
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Gista01: 12:16pm On Jul 01, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

So what happens to a person who sows a seed offering, prayed and fasted on it for days or weeks and drops it in d offering bag/box hoping he has send the money on a mission only for it to be taken by someone else as change probably to buy chewing gum or to give conductor on his way back. How would you feel as d sower?

BTW can you present a money gift to ur boss in d office and right there in his front ask for change?

Brother if u respect God more than ur boss, you will run round and get change before dropping d offering.

What you've given, you've given! Keep your dignity and respect Gods integrity.

Either way bro, the money will still get to the hands of someone else. Saying someone fasted and prayed on a money doesn't mean it can't end up in the hands of others. What matters most is the act and mind behind it money will always be exchanged.
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by freethinker01: 12:37pm On Jul 01, 2018
Could still remember when I was in OAU, went to a particular church ignorant on offerings without change thingy, offered #1k hoping to collect #800 as my change. At the end of the service, I went to the usher and told her that I want to collect my change, she looked at me and told me that I can't since I've given that's all. Omo, you've got to see the way I displayed my talent that day. The pastor had to intervene. Gave me my change asap before escalating the whole brouhaha. The pastor further asked if I had faith in God that once I've given to God, I should be expecting in folds, I categorically told him that a bird at hand is worth more than billions in the amazon also, that's my only means of survival for that week... since then before I dropped the whole religious hogwash, you won't see me give a dime to whatever church.
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by frozen70(f): 12:39pm On Jul 01, 2018
Neofingerz:
So there's this issue argued over and over again bout receiving or asking for change when you drop your offering........ probably because you don't have much on you, like you have to transport home and you don't have change but you are keen on giving offering.

I just want to know your sincere thoughts on this please let's interact here and know something....i personally thinks it's not a bad thing but let's talk happy Sunday and happy New month to y'all
One can't play God, what stops the person to make change on Saturday for Sunday offering.
Some will not even even put an offering because they don't have change but they know that they should have done that the previous day.
When God is blessing you does he give you blessings and expect change from you?.
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by asawanathegreat(m): 12:52pm On Jul 01, 2018
Who are u going to as the change from, Father, pastor or church wardens?
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2018
If you can avoid it please do
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by okkupy(m): 1:50pm On Jul 01, 2018
that is where preparation comes in , prepared very well and package your contribution nice cos nobody want to know what u package in the envelop
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2018
adjoviomole:
It is your offering. If that is what you have decided to give, give it and collect your balance. What matters most is the state of your heart.

You are right
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 01, 2018
Vicyace:

These words are not true. This is misleading in all ways.

You mean God is more interested in that particular money offered than the heart that offered the money?

Let's look at it this way, you drop 500 as a welfare offering, someone drops 1000 and collects your 500 as change, does it affect or stop your 500 from doing it's work? Does it reduce its value and importance? NO.

We are too religious and neglect the true act and importance of Christianity.

I once attended a rccg and I drop a certain amount of money hoping to get my change later after the service for my tfare. At the end of the service, j was told I wouldn't be able to get my change as it was against their policy. I flared up and demanded for a written notice to support their claim.. in a nut shell, I got my change.

I think most churches don't give change because of so many reasons. People drop fake Monies and stop collect change.....people lie about dropping certain amount of money and still collect change. Blablabla

You are right. Am an experienced Usher, in our own case if you didn't tell me or any other ushers that u want to collect so so change before you dropped it, consider such money gone. Becos after collection u are expected to balance up ur account but if u informed us ur change will be dropped. Most cases, we asked you to write you name and and d amount you want to collect, so if we see dat during counting we drop ur change for u. Went it come to money Not all born again Christian are really born again.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by els0nm0rali(m): 2:04pm On Jul 01, 2018
What did you buy that you are collecting change??
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2018
Neofingerz:
So there's this issue argued over and over again bout receiving or asking for change when you drop your offering........ probably because you don't have much on you, like you have to transport home and you don't have change but you are keen on giving offering.

I just want to know your sincere thoughts on this please let's interact here and know something....i personally thinks it's not a bad thing but let's talk happy Sunday and happy New month to y'all
Well you ought to plan your Sunday before coming to church. Asking for change causes disruption in church service most times hence it is advisable to change your money at home before coming
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2018
SureDan001:

You are right. Am an experienced Usher, in our own case if you didn't tell me or any other ushers that u want to collect so so change before you dropped it, consider such money gone. Becos after collection u are expected to balance up ur account but if u informed us ur change will be dropped. Most cases, we asked you to write you name and and d amount you want to collect, so if we see dat during counting we drop ur change for u. Went it come to mone[b]y Not all born again Christian are really born again[/b].
Many are thieves
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Chinkymata(m): 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2018
ClassRep001:
Don't ever give the church your money in the first place.

Back then when I was still into church na empty envelope i dey always drop back as them give me undecided
and u want ur prayers to be answerd, I dnt even tink you go to church den to pray
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 01, 2018
Is a matter of your conscience, as the Bible says in Roman's 15:22-23 " Has thou faith? Have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he allows"
Verse 23: "And he that doubts is damned if he eat, because he eats(or does what he does) not of faith: for what so ever is not of faith is sin"
So if you feel in your conscience "yes it's right to collect my change", collect it but as for my conscience I do feel it's not right to do so, because it seems like to me am trying to make the Lords house as a market, or business environment where I make transactions... And I do feel it's wrong to me
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Mcy56(f): 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2018
brainhgeek:
Nothing is wrong with that. A pastor speaking here
You need to discover yourself if you truly are and put your faith on weighing scale.

It is wrong for whatever reason to collect change for giving offering. For pete's sake, it is not by force to give offering in the first place if you dont have. God searches the heart and rein of man. He cant be deceived.

If you dont have change, look for change before you go for service. You have six days of the week to do that. All other talk is an excuse. Let us have respect for our Maker.

There is no how they would tell disobedient children that collecting change for offering is wrong that they would hear.

Not here to argue with anyone. Afterall, salvation is personal.
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by LeonOgu(m): 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2018
BluntBoy:

You think like a man. You are in flesh and not in spirit.

Anyway, sowing seeds is unbiblical. So also is tithes and offering in this present dispensation.

Haa! In this present dispensation? No wonder immorality is triumphing, and the fear of the Lord Jesus Christ is diminishing. Holiness and righteousness is now a shadow of itself. Disobedience and covetousness is now the oder of the day. My dear brother, do not be deceived. Why not repent and worship the LORD with your substance and see what he will do for you? Just follow me to (Ecclesiastes. 12 down) God bless you as you obey.
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by drraysconcept(m): 4:22pm On Jul 01, 2018
What you could do is walk up to the church office and explain your situation I'm sure the accountant will help you out
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by smesi: 4:35pm On Jul 01, 2018
BigSarah:
It's ideal to approach the accounting department of the church for change before the offerings are collected, well that's how it's done in my church

That's how is done in my Church too.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Mcy56(f): 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2018
What it means is that people dont even remember church talkless of offering until its that Sunday. Its saddening how faith are getting cold these days and important things trivialized.
If our minds are tuned towards it, we ought to have prepared before Sunday comes. Six good days is in-between. May God help our generation.
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Azord(m): 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2018
the Bible does not condemn it but its not proper. it is like sowing two seeds and removing one to chew raw. am i speaking right
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by JastSiryin(m): 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2018
It's ideal if you don't wanna trek home after. Done it a couple times already, there's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by eniorisha(m): 5:13pm On Jul 01, 2018
The Op's understanding of d Bible isn't so deep. It shows u fear human verdict than God's principles. What I do is if I'm convinced adequately, I'll drop d whole money, N5h/1k not waiting for change. Some other times, if I have no small denominations, I won't drop a dime for offering DT day, even if I av over 10k in my pocket.

My judgement is in God's hand. So I fear no human verdict.

Nobody put gun on u DT u must drop offering.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire / COVID-19 Not Politically Motivated - Kumuyi Tells Nigerians / What's Your Favourite Christian Music?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.