Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,387 members, 7,958,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:46 AM

Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? (13770 Views)

Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down / How Much Do You Give As Offering In Church? / Man Caught Stealing Money From Church's Offering In Ghana (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2018
Neofingerz:
So there's this issue argued over and over again bout receiving or asking for change when you drop your offering........ probably because you don't have much on you, like you have to transport home and you don't have change but you are keen on giving offering.

I just want to know your sincere thoughts on this please let's interact here and know something....i personally thinks it's not a bad thing but let's talk happy Sunday and happy New month to y'all

Use ur God given sense or use leg n trek home.
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by opzy100(m): 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2018
change or no change is the heart you use to do it that matters
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by BluntBoy(m): 6:56pm On Jul 01, 2018
LeonOgu:

Haa! In this present dispensation? No wonder immorality is triumphing, and the fear of the Lord Jesus Christ is diminishing. Holiness and righteousness is now a shadow of itself. Disobedience and covetousness is now the oder of the day. My dear brother, do not be deceived. Why not repent and worship the LORD with your substance and see what he will do for you? Just follow me to (Ecclesiastes. 12 down) God bless you as you obey.

Are you for or against me
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Olafisoyem: 7:57pm On Jul 01, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

So what happens to a person who sows a seed offering, prayed and fasted on it for days or weeks and drops it in d offering bag/box hoping he has send the money on a mission only for it to be taken by someone else as change probably to buy chewing gum or to give conductor on his way back. How would you feel as d sower?

BTW can you present a money gift to ur boss in d office and right there in his front ask for change?

Brother if u respect God more than ur boss, you will run round and get change before dropping d offering.

What you've given, you've given! Keep your dignity and respect Gods integrity.
Why are u saying nonensense. You know the money is spent Abi?? They give someone in exchange for something else so if u put in 500 they will give the petrol station people to buy fuel for the church Gen Then the petrol station will use it as change for an Okada man. You understand the principle sha??
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Olafisoyem: 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2018
Greystone:
It shows a lack of class.
If you intend to give offering, get your change before coming to church.
Oshe class captain
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Olafisoyem: 8:05pm On Jul 01, 2018
elizilliams:
It is called Offer=offering. It is your might. Even if it is just 5kobo only that is it. Collecting change is not a good idea. Perhaps, one must have prayed over it to wave off such unfortunate occuring in ones life. So collecting change is like taking shading off part of the blessing and benefits of the prayer. If one sees an homeless person or helpless kids on the street, and decided to give in appreciation to God almighty for not making such calamity befall one or ones relatives. Then collecting change back means WHAT?!!

How please. You just said it’s ones might. So if I have a 500 naira note and when I’m praying before the offering basket comes and I tell God that please accept my 450 and I collect the 50 naira back will he reduce my blessing??
Or is God interested in the 50 naira I removed??
Or does he use our amount of offering to calculate the blessing he will give us??
If you want to give 100 naira to a beggar and you only have a 200 naira note, do you walk past and not give the beggar or do u find change?? Which will help the beggar more? Asking for change or not giving at all?
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Mcy56(f): 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2018
Olafisoyem:
How please. You just said it’s ones might. So if I have a 500 naira note and when I’m praying before the offering basket comes and I tell God that please accept my 450 and I collect the 50 naira back will he reduce my blessing??
Or is God interested in the 50 naira I removed??
Or does he use our amount of offering to calculate the blessing he will give us??
If you want to give 100 naira to a beggar and you only have a 200 naira note, do you walk past and not give the beggar or do u find change?? Which will help the beggar more? Asking for change or not giving at all?
Chai!!! What a prayer!! What a reasoning! shocked
So you can give a beggar money and collect change? shocked shocked
No vex o, I just dey hear this for the first time. Na to say the thing surprise me. sad

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by CDCEO001: 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2018
So dumb to ask for change, unless you go in the Church office or where they count money to ask them to break the money in pieces for you.
Other than that is so dumb to put offering money and ask for change.
Giving offering is not by force, if you have no other money and don't want to give out all the one you have, you can skip offering and give next time.
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by samisj4real(m): 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2018
ClassRep001:
Don't ever give the church your money in the first place.

Back then when I was still into church na empty envelope i dey always drop back as them give me undecided
Can't you see how God's blessings is showing all over you?
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by rallymento(m): 9:41pm On Jul 01, 2018
We do that alot in RCCG and it's very wrong... I learnt it since I joined...The painful thing is that I did it today... How much change are we collecting that God cannot even give us at that very spot... I want to use the medium to promise God that I will stop collecting change from offering boxes...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by smesi: 11:14pm On Jul 01, 2018
rallymento:
We do that alot in RCCG and it's very wrong... I learnt it since I joined...The painful thing is that I did it today... How much change are we collecting that God cannot even give us at that very spot... I want to use the medium to promise God that I will stop collecting change from offering boxes...

Nice one
Omo LP 22
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Mcy56(f): 10:18am On Jul 02, 2018
rallymento:
Wise decision. May God help you to abide by it.
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Evince(m): 10:20am On Jul 02, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

So what happens to a person who sows a seed offering, prayed and fasted on it for days or weeks and drops it in d offering bag/box hoping he has send the money on a mission only for it to be taken by someone else as change probably to buy chewing gum or to give conductor on his way back. How would you feel as d sower?

BTW can you present a money gift to ur boss in d office and right there in his front ask for change?

Brother if u respect God more than ur boss, you will run round and get change before dropping d offering.

What you've given, you've given! Keep your dignity and respect Gods integrity.

go and siddon
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Evince(m): 10:21am On Jul 02, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Change ke? Why not go with exact money you want to contribute to/for the pastors wealth managers?

and if only what u have is 200N and u really want to give offering?
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Evince(m): 10:23am On Jul 02, 2018
Imustreturn:
Why don't u change the money before going to church?

Some people no get shame

what if u dashed sm1 ur last small denomination and u are left with N500 only yet u really want to give offering and thats ur last card
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Evince(m): 10:26am On Jul 02, 2018
But let me ask you guys "DOES GOD EXIST" drop sentiment and respond with proves .
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Imustreturn(m): 1:16pm On Jul 02, 2018
Evince:

what if u dashed sm1 ur last small denomination and u are left with N500 only yet u really want to give offering and thats ur last card
as e dey you for mind do am like that Oga.. I no be God.. If u wan put u put if u no wan put no body go kill u..

No be force to put offering
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by brainhgeek(m): 5:50pm On Jul 02, 2018
Mcy56:

You need to discover yourself if you truly are and put your faith on weighing scale.

It is wrong for whatever reason to collect change for giving offering. For pete's sake, it is not by force to give offering in the first place if you dont have. God searches the heart and rein of man. He cant be deceived.

If you dont have change, look for change before you go for service. You have six days of the week to do that. All other talk is an excuse. Let us have respect for our Maker.

There is no how they would tell disobedient children that collecting change for offering is wrong that they would hear.

Not here to argue with anyone. Afterall, salvation is personal.

Again I say it is not wrong. We give because we have. No human doctrine should compel you to give when you run out of finance. He 'gives seed to the sower' remember. If however you feel moved to give out of what you have and you know you need your change to meet a need, please get it but with a measure of sanity of course and not to cause a scene. God knows your heart and intentions.
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by TruthinAction: 7:49pm On Jul 02, 2018
You plan your offering before you go to Church. Asking for change is turning the Church to a crayfish selling point. It's not a noble act. Let the money go and expect a bigger miracle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahweh And His Lying Angels. / Zambian Prophet Prays For Ladies' Soap To Entice Men (Photos) / What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.