Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? (13498 Views)

Man To Collect Equipment Donated To RCCG If Adeboye Fails To Endorse A Candidate / How Much Do You Give As Offering In Church? / Man Caught Stealing Money From Church's Offering In Ghana (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Neofingerz: 7:31am On Jul 01, 2018
So there's this issue argued over and over again bout receiving or asking for change when you drop your offering........ probably because you don't have much on you, like you have to transport home and you don't have change but you are keen on giving offering.

I just want to know your sincere thoughts on this please let's interact here and know something....i personally thinks it's not a bad thing but let's talk happy Sunday and happy New month to y'all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 01, 2018
Next

4 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:34am On Jul 01, 2018
There is no where in the Holy Book that says 'THOU SHALL NOT COLLECT CHANGE' nah!

So ask for your CHANGE please!
And per adventure you forgot your change after everything : it will be counted to you as righteousness!!

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 01, 2018
post=68977269:
There is no where in the Holy Book that says 'THOU SHALL NOT COLLECT CHANGE' nah!

And per adventure you forgot your change after everything : it will be counted to you as righteousness!!

So what happens to a person who sows a seed offering, prayed and fasted on it for days or weeks and drops it in d offering bag/box hoping he has send the money on a mission only for it to be taken by someone else as change probably to buy chewing gum or to give conductor on his way back. How would you feel as d sower?

BTW can you present a money gift to ur boss in d office and right there in his front ask for change?

Brother if u respect God more than ur boss, you will run round and get change before dropping d offering.

What you've given, you've given! Keep your dignity and respect Gods integrity.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by mustylaw45(m): 7:50am On Jul 01, 2018
My brother collect ya change, before the offering box progress to the next people. na APC era we dey.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by ClassRep001: 7:53am On Jul 01, 2018
Don't ever give the church your money in the first place.

Back then when I was still into church na empty envelope i dey always drop back as them give me undecided

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:58am On Jul 01, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

So what happens to a person who sows a seed offering, prayed and fasted on it for days or weeks and drops it in d offering bag/box hoping he has send the money on a mission only for it to be taken by someone else as change probably to buy chewing gum or to give conductor on his way back

How would you feel as d sower?
Trying so much to get our head around this your post o Brother Radical, but if it is what we are thinking.......
You go leave the matter for God

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by internationalman(m): 8:24am On Jul 01, 2018
Collecting change from a beggar is the only strange thing to me..

4 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by AndreSalvatore: 8:28am On Jul 01, 2018
The last time i checked, the church ain't a business premises...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by internationalman(m): 8:40am On Jul 01, 2018
AndreSalvatore:
The last time i checked, the church ain't a business premises...
And yet money is used as offering..

Who's deceiving who?

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by BigSarah(f): 9:00am On Jul 01, 2018
It's ideal to approach the accounting department of the church for change before the offerings are collected, well that's how it's done in my church

4 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by 12345baba(m): 9:00am On Jul 01, 2018
I dey collect o
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by sinaj(f): 9:00am On Jul 01, 2018
You take change if you dont want to trek home grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Lexusgs430: 9:01am On Jul 01, 2018
Change ke? Why not go with exact money you want to contribute to/for the pastors wealth managers?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Kastonkastroll(m): 9:01am On Jul 01, 2018
Yes... My change goes to bisi, my 7th side chic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Stanleyville(m): 9:01am On Jul 01, 2018
Nwamaipke where at thou? shocked cry

7 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Kastonkastroll(m): 9:02am On Jul 01, 2018
Yes... My change goes to bisi, my 7th side chic
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by yungrylex00(m): 9:02am On Jul 01, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

So what happens to a person who sows a seed offering, prayed and fasted on it for days or weeks and drops it in d offering bag/box hoping he has send the money on a mission only for it to be taken by someone else as change probably to buy chewing gum or to give conductor on his way back. How would you feel as d sower?

BTW can you present a money gift to ur boss in d office and right there in his front ask for change?

Brother if u respect God more than ur boss, you will run round and get change before dropping d offering.

hypocrite

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Imustreturn(m): 9:05am On Jul 01, 2018
Why don't u change the money before going to church?

Some people no get shame

8 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by adjoviomole(m): 9:08am On Jul 01, 2018
It is your offering. If that is what you have decided to give, give it and collect your balance. What matters most is the state of your heart.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Nnamdiojukwu: 9:08am On Jul 01, 2018
post=68977269:

And also,there is no where in the bible where its written that "thou shall collect change "nah!
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Nnamdiojukwu: 9:09am On Jul 01, 2018
grin grin
Imustreturn:

Some people no get shame
Walahi angry
Imustreturn:

Some people no get shame
Walahi
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by izzy4shizzy(m): 9:10am On Jul 01, 2018
I've come to realise that many people just give offertory just because they feel obligated to not really from the heart

I really wonder how u'll feel after you drop ur offering then start handling tru the remaining cash for your change

As for me shame go nearly kill me
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by TheKingIsHere: 9:11am On Jul 01, 2018
New month just land, Una don start to dey ask mumu question. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by elizilliams: 9:14am On Jul 01, 2018
It is called Offer=offering. It is your might. Even if it is just 5kobo only that is it. Collecting change is not a good idea. Perhaps, one must have prayed over it to wave off such unfortunate occuring in ones life. So collecting change is like taking shading off part of the blessing and benefits of the prayer. If one sees an homeless person or helpless kids on the street, and decided to give in appreciation to God almighty for not making such calamity befall one or ones relatives. Then collecting change back means WHAT?!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by 8stargeneral: 9:14am On Jul 01, 2018
I dey split d money before entering church,i don't need long story
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Vicyace: 9:15am On Jul 01, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

These words are not true. This is misleading in all ways.

You mean God is more interested in that particular money offered than the heart that offered the money?

Let's look at it this way, you drop 500 as a welfare offering, someone drops 1000 and collects your 500 as change, does it affect or stop your 500 from doing it's work? Does it reduce its value and importance? NO.

We are too religious and neglect the true act and importance of Christianity.

I once attended a rccg and I drop a certain amount of money hoping to get my change later after the service for my tfare. At the end of the service, j was told I wouldn't be able to get my change as it was against their policy. I flared up and demanded for a written notice to support their claim.. in a nut shell, I got my change.

I think most churches don't give change because of so many reasons. People drop fake Monies and stop collect change.....people lie about dropping certain amount of money and still collect change. Blablabla

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by BluntBoy(m): 9:21am On Jul 01, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

You think like a man. You are in flesh and not in spirit.

Anyway, sowing seeds is unbiblical. So also is tithes and offering in this present dispensation.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by ybalogs(m): 9:24am On Jul 01, 2018
Why not??
No matter what happened on the pitch in the first half, the second half can switch and that is what determines who wins. This second half of the year will be in your favour. God will condition everything to favour you and perfect all that concerns you. Welcome to July and the second half of 2018.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by kayuseful: 9:26am On Jul 01, 2018
the issue of collectin change or not is just denominational liturgy, not any bible
Orthodox churches forbid this for sanity. Their offering bag is specially designed such that no one knows what you drop in it, and no one will normally dip in his hands to pick anything..
but modern pentecostals have it different. All can see what you drop in the tray, and u can collect change

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by fuckboys: 9:26am On Jul 01, 2018
ClassRep001:
Don't ever give the church your money in the first place.

Back then when I was still into church na empty envelope i dey always drop back as them give me undecided
your head Is there my brother
Re: Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? by Greystone: 9:27am On Jul 01, 2018
It shows a lack of class.
If you intend to give offering, get your change before coming to church.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God / What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? / When Was Jesus Truly Born?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.