Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,582 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths (11381 Views)

Tinubu Met, Resolved Muslim-Muslim Ticket Crisis With CAN Leaders - Leadership / Anambra Election: FG Shouldn’t Ignore IPOB’s Threat- Igbo Community In Akwa Ibom / RUGA: Ondo State Is Only Interested In Cattle Ranches - Governor Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by Ndonu101: 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2018
blackaxe78:

I never said lands should be given to them free of charge. My point is state government should set aside ranches they can buy into and henceforth ban open grazing.

You see why this topic has never been discussed arguably is all because its political with ethnotribal differences. Its just similar to a government declaring a land mass as an industrial area, It doesnt mean lands will be given out free of charge but probably at a subsidized rate to woo investors.

With this development if discussed amicably between parties, it will end all this crisis as open grazing becomes a crime. It not even compulsory its sale, a lease can also work. People have just been bitter due to religious and ethnic differences. If we are to eliminate those factors. A lot o clashes would have been averted and no one would commit a crime in disguise as an herdsman.

Why not start this pilot proposal in states where cattle rearing is their way of life?

Why not start in the North?

FG should not feel under pressure to impose ranching on anyone just because herdsmen are killing people

Just as this government proscribed peaceful demonstration of IPOB and used the army to stop them. The government should also use the army to stop killer herdsmen and proscribe the act of open grazing.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander!

4 Likes

Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2018
blackaxe78:

And you did want to count yourself as one of the future leaders of tomorrow?

Read what you composed and try to be truthful to yourself if you had made any sense.

So if I become a future leader I should give my ancestral land to the fulani to graze their cattle?

I think you have comprehension problem. I'm not against your ranches. Restrict it to the north. Is there a problem in that? After all the north has more land than the south.

1 Like

Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2018
blackaxe78:

And how do the products get to other parts of the country on daily basis. Please think and proffer logical solutions. There are more cows than human in New Zealand and its well with them. Stop using hate to hinder your thinking and progressiveness

You sound too dull. How the the products get to the south? Through transportation. In fact we don't want to see live cows anymore. Kill your cow and sell the neat to us.

1 Like

Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by blackaxe78: 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2018
PVision2020:

You're just roaming about in a vicious cycle. Cattle rearing is a private business like Piggery, Fishery, Farming etc, so how you go about selling to your customers is nobodies business.
An abbatoir can handle up-to 100-200 cows, that would cater for the weekly need of that community. And nothing stops them from killing the cattle in the north, freeze it and transport it in refrigerators as the case of Chickens and turkey. This cattle breeders are billionaires with some of them having up-to 5k cows, so they can develop new ways of getting their products to their consumers
Nigerians can no longer accommodate your primitive and savage lifestyles, we've moved on, it's either you catch up or you fizzle out of business.

You can only start making sense when you advocate for the creation of:
Piggery ranch, fishery reserves, Poultry ranch, Farm settlements, Snail farmers enclaves, Grass cutter ranch, Clubs and beer parlour hub, Distilling and Brewery industrial Estate etc, in the core north, exclusive for non Fulanis.
What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
BTW no advantage of cattle ranching can be compare to the value of life which unfortunately the fulanis doesn't value.

Let me enlighten you if you dont know. Some states have agricultural land mass which is cheaply leased to farmers. Ogun, Osun and Oyo have such. Please do your findings and get back to me. An acre goes for as low as 50k. So is my point now justified if such exist?

To buttress my point, Lagos state has a fish farm people buy into in Epe

I hope you wont shift goal post now
Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2018
schoolboij:

Why do you fools rear your ugly heads when important matters are being discussed? He could take your iboland just as he sent python to kill you fools he dare not try it with Yoruba.

I repeat, WHAT WILL THE YORUBAS DO WEN BUHARI REFUSES TO FOLLOW THEIR DEMANDS
Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2018
blackaxe78:

Let me enlighten you if you dont know. Some states have agricultural land mass which is cheaply leased to farmers. Ogun, Osun and Oyo have such. Please do your findings and get back to me. An acre goes for as low as 50k. So is my point now justified if such exist?

Lagos state governor did not buy land and give it out for free to lagosians that want to go into agriculture.

meanwhile only the Lagos governor has the right to decide who gets what land within their state n if they don't want fulani grazing rights or fulani ranch, They can reject it.

And besides even northerners don't want to rent or lease their lands to fulani because they already know that they are very violent n they already know that fulani have killed, looted n displaced them from their ancestral homes for decades now.

stop comparing fulani with the normal oyo, ogun or osun citizen that leased govt land to do agriculture.
Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2018
PrecisionFx:

I repeat, WHAT WILL THE YORUBAS DO WEN BUHARI REFUSES TO FOLLOW THEIR DEMANDS

Which demand? He doesn't have the power to take any land. The land belongs the governors.

So much for an ipob illiterate.
Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2018
schoolboij:

Which demand? He doesn't have the power to take any land. The land belongs the governors.

So much for an ipob illiterate.

""He doesn't have the power to take any land. The land belongs the governors""

So why is this Yoruba group screaming like mad people??grin??
Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by Simbrixton(m): 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2018
schoolboij:

You sound too dull. How the the products get to the south? Through transportation. In fact we don't want to see live cows anymore. Kill your cow and sell the neat to us.
he is not dull he is cursed eni ti wan ti shepe fun the guy is a fulani guy
Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by Simbrixton(m): 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Lagos state governor did not buy land and give it out for free to lagosians that want to go into agriculture.

meanwhile only the Lagos governor has the right to decide who gets what land within their state n if they don't want fulani grazing rights or fulani ranch, They can reject it.

And besides even northerners don't want to rent or lease their lands to fulani because they already know that they are very violent n they already know that fulani have killed, looted n displaced them from their ancestral homes for decades now.

stop comparing fulani with the normal oyo, ogun or osun citizen that leased govt land to do agriculture.
walahi that is what I have been telling the guy look at kaduna idiots like him are not even talking about justice to the dead the guy is just a gullible fulani guy wey manage go school

1 Like

Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by Simbrixton(m): 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2018
blackaxe78:

I never said lands should be given to them free of charge. My point is state government should set aside ranches they can buy into and henceforth ban open grazing.

You see why this topic has never been discussed arguably is all because its political with ethnotribal differences. Its just similar to a government declaring a land mass as an industrial area, It doesnt mean lands will be given out free of charge but probably at a subsidized rate to woo investors.

With this development if discussed amicably between parties, it will end all this crisis as open grazing becomes a crime. It not even compulsory its sale, a lease can also work. People have just been bitter due to religious and ethnic differences. If we are to eliminate those factors. A lot o clashes would have been averted and no one would commit a crime in disguise as an herdsman.

i pity guys responding to this guy he has no sense of justice or maturity there is something called advocacy in politics and that is what you are doing in modern Israel Palestinians in gaza fish why can't the government of Israel open their land for Palestinian fishermen into mainland Israel to sell their fish baba its called common sense the two ethnic groups are not in peace its an opportunity for terrorism are you more civilised than the jews we should be talking about disarming the fulanis first before anything
Noticed you are the only person advocating for ranching it says two things its either you are a fulani or a cursed person that should be killed quickly
Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by blackaxe78: 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2018
Simbrixton:
i pity guys responding to this guy he has no sense of justice or maturity there is something called advocacy in politics and that is what you are doing in modern Israel Palestinians in gaza fish why can't the government of Israel open their land for Palestinian fishermen into mainland Israel to sell their fish baba its called common sense the two ethnic groups are not in peace its an opportunity for terrorism are you more civilised than the jews we should be talking about disarming the fulanis first before anything
Noticed you are the only person advocating for ranching it says two things its either you are a fulani or a cursed person that should be killed quickly

Who is confused here and who needs to be killed. We talking Nigeria and one slowpoke is talking about Palestine and Israel. smh

"Our land" team. Blame they know how to do, solution they void of.
Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by Simbrixton(m): 6:46pm On Jul 02, 2018
blackaxe78:

Who is confused here and who needs to be killed. We talking Nigeria and one slowpoke is talking about Palestine and Israel. smh

"Our land" team. Blame they know how to do, solution they void of.

how come you are the only person advocating for the ranching issue
Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by blackaxe78: 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2018
Simbrixton:
how come you are the only person advocating for the ranching issue

And which laws states that majority is always right? Can you defend what you saying reasonably outside hate? I can and its all for peace to reign and capture evil doers
Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by Simbrixton(m): 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2018
blackaxe78:

And which laws states that majority is always right? Can you defend what you saying reasonably outside hate? I can and its all for peace to reign and capture evil doers
like i said all your rants amounts to advocacy which is understandable as a fulani man

You really answered none of my question which is rather perplexing after the failure of southern kaduna why are we talking about increasing fulani settlements outside the North? They can't live in peace with berom people tiv people southern kaduna people even agogo people in Ghana (nairalanders should google) have u properly investigated this fulani settlements would only lead to future clashes deaths and murder till the whole Nigeria is overrun

The jews and the whites would never comprise their security over trade in a multi national country like ours indigenous people rights should be respected

I see only one way out disarmament justice compensation to the victims
People were slaughtered in the night and u feel we should welcome u fulanis into our land bros please talk something else
Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by chernest2002: 7:34pm On Jul 02, 2018
Southern unity is highly needed now or never.
Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by blackaxe78: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2018
Simbrixton:
like i said all your rants amounts to advocacy which is understandable as a fulani man

You really answered none of my question which is rather perplexing after the failure of southern kaduna why are we talking about increasing fulani settlements outside the North? They can't live in peace with berom people tiv people southern kaduna people even agogo people in Ghana (nairalanders should google) have u properly investigated this fulani settlements would only lead to future clashes deaths and murder till the whole Nigeria is overrun

The jews and the whites would never comprise their security over trade in a multi national country like ours indigenous people rights should be respected

I see only one way out disarmament justice compensation to the victims
People were slaughtered in the night and u feel we should welcome u fulanis into our land bros please talk something else

And that will stop reoccurrence? Hello! Do you know the tribe of Boko Haram in the North? Which evidence you have that Fulani herdsmen are perpetrating all this evils. Ranching will get them registered and confined.

Tell me a better solution outside compensation and justice. And mind you, America won't compromise it's security when its abiut a foreign country and we talking about Nigeria here where Nigerian is a citizen of it constitutionally.

I need you to come up with better way out to stop the killing. When we say go ranch in the North, will it also be fare for they too to kick out other tribes and say go do business in your region.

If any resolution you must suggest. You must try to arrive at the middle where both parties are slightly comfortable and also putting into consideration of counter effects.

You can use the notion that some Fulani herdsmen are violent to judge all Fulani herdsmen. Identifying the bad eggs is what should be done, and how do you intend to do that is what we talking about.
Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by Simbrixton(m): 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2018
blackaxe78:

And that will stop reoccurrence? Hello! Do you know the tribe of Boko Haram in the North? Which evidence you have that Fulani herdsmen are perpetrating all this evils. Ranching will get them registered and confined.

Tell me a better solution outside compensation and justice. And mind you, America won't compromise it's security when its abiut a foreign country and we talking about Nigeria here where Nigerian is a citizen of it constitutionally.

I need you to come up with better way out to stop the killing. When we say go ranch in the North, will it also be fare for they too to kick out other tribes and say go do business in your region.

If any resolution you must suggest. You must try to arrive at the middle where both parties are slightly comfortable and also putting into consideration of counter effects.

You can use the notion that some Fulani herdsmen are violent to judge all Fulani herdsmen. Identifying the bad eggs is what should be done, and how do you intend to do that is what we talking about.
now u are starting to understand me a little America China Japan south Korea Israel Ethiopia Britain Germany are all mono ethnic countries or at least 75% dominated by a particular ethnic group Nigeria Iraq south Sudan and Libya are multi ethnic countries please understand that in the context of fulani herdsmen and farmers clashes its fool hardy to say you can't see it as an ethnic problem

If buhari is a man of peace disarming the violent fulani militia should be possible we are talking about the Nigerian army here about the ranching it should be done amongst ethnic groups that live in peace with fulanis that is the gbagyi tribe(babangida tribe) of niger state the hausas in kano the kogi people and the yoruba of kwara(reluctantly) but any other way amounts to expansionism and a continuation of dan fodio dream of conquest and jihad
Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by PVision2020(m): 9:46pm On Jul 02, 2018
blackaxe78:

So what stops the northern governors doing same for the Fulani herdsmen in the north?
Why can't they create ranches for their herders?
Did the SW governors forced the whole nation into giving up their land before they meet the need of their people?
The joke is on you dude.
Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by poseidon12: 12:20am On Jul 03, 2018
princeade86:
we need peace in dis country.

I hope you are not planning to vote Buhari in 2019?
Re: FG Shouldn’t Cause Crisis With Ranches – Yoruba Youths by princeade86(m): 6:36am On Jul 03, 2018
poseidon12:

I hope you are not planning to vote Buhari in 2019?
God forbid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov. Ortom, Deputy, 30 Newly Elected Legislators Receive Certificates Of Return / 2023: Supporters Of Yahaya Bello Launch Website, To Register 5 Million People / 20 Corpses found Dumped in Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.