Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,484 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

List Your Top Five Greatest Books - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / List Your Top Five Greatest Books (22286 Views)

12 Novels Considered The “Greatest Books Ever Written” / Achebe's 'things Fall Apart' Makes 12 'greatest Books Ever Written' List / List Your Top 5 Favorite Nairaland Writers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by 0ldirtybastard(m): 8:20am On Jul 04, 2018
hot1sauce:
1. The silver sword ( Ian Serraillier) 2. Lord of the flies ( William Golding) 3. The importance of being earnest ( Oscar Wilde) 4. Discipline and punish (Michel Foucault) Currently reading:- 5. Les miserables ( Victor Hugo) and Journey to the west ( Wu cheng'en)
You read well.
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by 0ldirtybastard(m): 8:41am On Jul 04, 2018
Oliver twist-charles dickens. The invisible man-h.g wells. Black boy-richard wright. Silas marner- Sanfransisco boy-mark twain. A lucky chance- The incorruptible judge- Little women-lisa may alcott. The alchemist-paulo coelho.
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by ogtavia(m): 10:40am On Jul 04, 2018
Nigeriakan:

You can get it at any bookshops around a university environment. UI Bookshop will have it and other bookshops outside the campus, especially those directly opposite the school. You can also visit Musoro the Bookseller, it's the largest bookshop in the country. Google Musoro online to order it. The title is FOREST OF A THOUSAND DAEMONS by Wole Soyinka
THanks
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by Blonchilli(m): 11:04am On Jul 04, 2018
In no particular order
1) Purple Habiscus by Chimmamanda Adichie (Maybe because I fell in love with the writing technique and the fact that the story unfolds through the eyes of Kambili, a name I've vowed to name my daughter. Who wouldn't love kambili after reading the novel)
2)Lord of the rings trilogy (I've never seen a book like this. It paints a picture in your mind that lasts forever, million miles better than the movie. That speaks a lot for the novel)
3) There was a country by Chinua Achebe (I wept for Nigeria and the igbo. There really was a country cry )
4) The Lord of the Flies by William Golding ( just tells you that we are all animals)
5) Any Robert Greene book ( After that man dies they should clone his brain or something. The books also should be rated 21 or something. Not for the faint of heart)

1 Like

Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by FRANKOSKI(m): 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2018
SHE STOOPS TO CONQUER THE GODFATHER MAFIA MANAGER HAND ME A FIG LEAF RICH DAD POOR DAD THE MAN DIED
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by FRANKOSKI(m): 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
SHE STOOPS TO CONQUER THE GODFATHER MAFIA MANAGER HAND ME A FIG LEAF RICH DAD POOR DAD THE MAN DIED
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by FRANKOSKI(m): 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by khvnggift(m): 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2018
1.Harry potter series by J.K Rowling 2.Eragon series by christopher pulin 3.Hunger game series 4.The reef by Nora roberts(my fav author) 5.Pelican breef by John Ghrisham
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by JhyMedex: 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2018
1. 48 laws of power(Arguably the greatest book of all time)
2. 33 strategies of war(Robert Greene)
3. Angel and demons(Dan Brown)
4. the Da vinci code(Dan Brown)
5. How to make friends and influence people(Dale Carnegie)

1 Like

Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by sbenjy(m): 10:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
Sugar girl
Ali and simbi
Eze goes to school
Chausser- the Canterbury tales
Without a silver spoon
The gods are not to blame
Time changes yesterday
The trial of brother jero
The concubine
Adiitu Olodumare
Abe aabo
Alawiye
Etc

Shout-out to my primary and
secondary school teachers

1 Like

Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by hot1sauce(m): 11:14pm On Jul 04, 2018
0ldirtybastard:
Oliver twist-charles dickens.
The invisible man-h.g wells.
Black boy-richard wright.
Silas marner-
Sanfransisco boy-mark twain.
A lucky chance-
The incorruptible judge-
Little women-lisa may alcott.
The alchemist-paulo coelho.
thanks bro. not a fan of sci-fi but I do like ur literature choices , Mark twain's adventures of tom sawyer and huckleberry finn is something to read even of u've never come across it in schol
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by cooljoe(m): 4:22am On Jul 05, 2018
Nigerian Books  1. Things fall apart by Achebe  2. The triumph of d water lilly by niyi  3. An African night entertainment(cant remember author's name) 4. The passport of mallam illia by Cyprian  E. 5. The gods are not to blame by Ola R.  
Non-nigerian books  1. The Godfather by Mario Puzo 2. The tristan betrayal by Robert ludlum  2. Digital fortress by Da Brown  3. A time to kill by John Grisham  4. Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer 5. V for Vendetta by Marie corelli  5. Windmill of d gods by sidney sheldon 
Inspirational/Guidance 1. The Holy Bible 2. Everyday Greatness by Covey 3. The 48 laws of power by Greene 4. Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Kiyosaki(or so) 5. The richest man in babylon
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by LASUITES(m): 10:16am On Jul 05, 2018
lekkie073:
Keys to a meaningful life by Robert de ropp

Unto thee I grant by Amorc script

In the light of truth by abd ru-shin

Greater key of Solomon by.......

Three lives by lobsang rampa
U DAE MADT
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 30, 2018
Nigeriakan:

I've read Ogboju Ode about three times and read the English translation by Prof Soyinka too. I wish these books could be in eBook versions, I'd love to read them.

If you don't mind I can give you d English ebook version that was translated by professor wole Soyinka. �
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by Nigeriakan: 2:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
sammyfrosh:

If you don't mind I can give you d English ebook version that was translated by professor wole Soyinka. �

Wow! I'd be so much glad to have it, eh! Thanks so much.
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by oolorii(f): 7:06am On Jul 31, 2018
The Sherlock Holmes Series The Last Templar Northern Light Lovers Enternal (Brotherhood Series) Why Nations Fails Africa Unchained.
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 06, 2018
1 forest of a thousand demons/ Ogboju ode ninu igbo irunmole

2 koku baboni

3 Mr&Mrs Bako

4 Ijapa Tiroko Oko Yannibo

5 Things fall apart

6 Sisi Olobi

7 Alawiye

8 Our husband has run mad again

9 Beggars choice

10 Ralia the Sugar girl
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by Femiblack05: 4:52pm On Aug 06, 2018
Check my signature to get any novels from different authors, textbooks also available
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by Radiant1020(f): 8:59pm On Aug 06, 2018
The devil Wears prada by Lauren weisberger

Purple hibiscus by chimamanda

The star shines down by Sydney sheldon

Americannah by chimamanda

The fifth comprises of all Danielle steel's book that I've read so far
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by ManBeast: 4:05pm On Aug 19, 2018
shocked
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by Femiblack05: 2:49am On Sep 01, 2018
Here and more...

Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by frankfrancis871: 9:33pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ahiara declaration (It is well detailed on the predicament of the negro, solutions, evil world powers plans on the African soil etc)

Things fall apart (important things you should know about pre colonial Igbo society)

Money, power, (and) sex

Chike and the river grin

Passport of mallam Iliya (revenge, betrayal etc)

Burning grass (story of the fulani of northern Nigeria)

And many, many, many more. God bless African writers, God bless Africa
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by jaywhoco(m): 10:49pm On Sep 01, 2018
The Ring, Danielle Steele
Re: List Your Top Five Greatest Books by marvinsync(m): 4:20am On Sep 07, 2018
Umartins1:
let us know your top five greatest books and the reasons for their greatness. You never can tell, you may inspire someone to buy any or all of them. Here is a list of mine...... In order of greatness cheesy

1. The 48 laws of power, by Robert Greene (for its brutality). This is for me, the greatest book ever written by a man.

2. The Art of War, by Sun Tzu (for being strategic)

3. The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho (for its explosiveness. The book is really deep and philosophical)

4. The Blood Memory, by Greg Iles (for being bloody. This is by far the greatest crime book ever)

5. An Ace up my Sleeves, by James Hardely Chase (for its suspense. The book is filled with suspense from the very beginning till the end. Your heart skips every second of reading)

Can you please make a list of yours?

Mods please, help me with a wider outreach. I need to add to my library.

guy is it possible for u to send me a blood memory

or tell he where or how u got it that is , if u downloaded it which website

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Last Temptation / “I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / The Second Wife - A Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.