Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match (44954 Views)

VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions / What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? / Maradona Smoking Tobacco During Iceland Vs Argentina Match. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Sochimaobim(m): 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2018
Looks like Mikel paid the ransome asked when he was kidnapped the first time. If he was actually released without payment as reported by the media then, the kidnappers would have known that this is a bad business and not gone in for the second time.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by bart10: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2018
kiss
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2018
Mikel

Close family members are usually responsible for things like this.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by ajayiopy: 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2018
cheddahboy:
Chai
MIKEL TRY TO DEY SORT GUYS.THESE GUYS ARE EVERYWHERE AND THEY ARE NOT DEMANDING FOR MUCH BUT YOU NEED TO BE GENEROUS ATIMES IN ORDER NOT TO PUT YOUR FAMILY IN A TIGHT CONDITION.
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2018
<html><head></head><body>
Sochimaobim:
Looks like Mikel paid the ransome asked when he was kidnapped the first time. If he was actually released without payment as reported by the media then, the kidnappers would have known that this is a bad business and not gone in for the second time.
</body></html><html><head></head><body>
Folashade2016:
A true captain and leader.
He understand that the hopes of 180million is hanging and he made a decision and a very right one at that.
Buhari should follow suit with the recent happening in middle belt.

check my SIGNATURE
</body></html>
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2018
even when these kidnappers knew he was about to play a cruicial matvh they could not even pity him and elt him concentrate.. nogeria is a shithole

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by udemzyudex(m): 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2018
An insider gave them out, how did they know he was going to travel that day?

It's not as if he was abducted from his home.

4 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Doxi(m): 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2018
No wonder... At the end of the match when they interviewed him...the guy just dey shake dey talk nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 03, 2018
If you love your popsy move him put of Nigeria before Fulani herdsmen colobi am.
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by HeGeMon(m): 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2018
Na evry time dem dey kidnap this man, against Argentina?? Ahh ahhn.
But on a serious Note, the level if security in Nigeria makes evryone a potential criminal cuz there isnt any form of deterrence.
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by eventsms(m): 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2018
Thank God he was released safely.
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Izz9111: 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2018
VULCAN:
How well did he play before his dad was kidnapped?

He played very well better than every member of ur family. None of your generation born and unborn can ever achieve 1/100 of what has achieved in football.
Thanks
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by chuksvoice: 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2018
Chai, Pa Obi. The man no even too send you self. Sometimes you go see am sidon for God's time motor park around Jankwano to chill. I hail you sir. Thank God no harm happened to you.
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by delzbaba(m): 1:30pm On Jul 03, 2018
they shouldn't have called him, before the match

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by GoodnessnMercy: 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2018
Saphiex:
Nigerians can be evil, I mean evil. Thank God he made it
Evil is no more enough to describe this Nigerian people that kill, maim, cut off head and arm, kidnap, dupe, kill and kill again....I am tired of them . To think that I suppose to be a Nigerian too, nah boy!
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by cutedela: 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2018
Hmmmmm,I can imagine how you felt that day and the emotional trauma you have to carry all alone without being able to tell your coach and fellow players. Thank God he is safe......
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by aribisala0(m): 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2018
beethoven:
This is where I d say the coach was stupid. He should have played someone else instead of Mikel. Of all the players on the pitch that day, Mikel was the least motivated to continue playing in the world cup in Russia. Even if we had advanced, he would have flown back to Naija to sort out things.

While I dont blame him, he played most of his passes backwards. He could not motivate the team to hangon till the end. And to the people that kidnapped his dad, all doors to their success in life will be shut! unless they repent.

Are you literate at all?

Can you read and comprehend simple English?

Coach as stupid? How? Did you read the story at all?

People just open their fetid mouths and start hurling abuse.

"Coach was stupid"

As if the coach is your father's coeval

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by bewla(m): 1:37pm On Jul 03, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Eyah no wonder!
u c u distraction even at home before u kill buhari ask ur self if we won't regret it like Jonathan and yaradua case
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2018
no wonder u play like olodo that day.... abeg why they no kidnap ighalo wife
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Steviewonder(m): 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2018
Choi
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by SexytorresE(f): 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2018
Mikel if u fly ur dad out of Nigeria will u die?
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by micflo28(m): 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2018
How much did Argentina pay the kidnappers. Anyway, musa kinda played like his dad was kidnapped too before the match, while ighalo played like......... grin cheesy
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Imustreturn(m): 1:41pm On Jul 03, 2018
Now I see clearly after the match when he was interviewed he was sounding somehow like he did know wat he was saying

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by KakiP(m): 1:41pm On Jul 03, 2018
has to be a family member that's giving out info. Oruma comes to mind.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by ijabiken1(m): 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2018
Bro I just gave it to u,tank God baba is back safely
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by aribisala0(m): 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2018
SexytorresE:

His dad told you he wants to be flown out?

Try and think before talking
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Imustreturn(m): 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2018
SexytorresE:
did the dad ever tell u that he want to leave Nigeria or he has not been going out of Nigeria before..

Try make use your brain nah abeg
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by ify1234: 1:43pm On Jul 03, 2018
Abjay97:
High insecurity in this country.. Thank God his father is safe.. Mikel should take his old dad abroad.. so he can live a nice and comfortable life far from dirty dirty country

There is no nice life abroad especially if you have lived all your life in your country home. If Mikel's Dad leave Nigeria for just continuous 1 year. He will just die of depression.

Young people here who travelled out are battling depression and as such indulging in things they wouldn't on a normal day not to talk of old man that has lived all his life in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by kay7: 1:45pm On Jul 03, 2018
beethoven:
This is where I d say the coach was stupid. He should have played someone else instead of Mikel. Of all the players on the pitch that day, Mikel was the least motivated to continue playing in the world cup in Russia. Even if we had advanced, he would have flown back to Naija to sort out things.

While I dont blame him, he played most of his passes backwards. He could not motivate the team to hangon till the end. And to the people that kidnapped his dad, all doors to their success in life will be shut! unless they repent.

I Wonder Who Is Stupid Here. Did You Not Read That He Did Not Discuss With The Coach.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by AK481(m): 1:46pm On Jul 03, 2018
beethoven:

the coach didnt know.

he didnt tell anyone just a close set of people
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by KpakpandoIgbo: 1:48pm On Jul 03, 2018
K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kevin-Prince Boateng Weds Melissa Satta / How Hee-chan Dribbled Van Dijk To Score Against Liverpool (Video) / Dream Big: Lingard Shares Ronaldo's Then Vs Now Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.