Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match (44953 Views)

VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions / What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? / Maradona Smoking Tobacco During Iceland Vs Argentina Match. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by bobnatlo(m): 1:50pm On Jul 03, 2018
beethoven:
This is where I d say the coach was stupid. He should have played someone else instead of Mikel. Of all the players on the pitch that day, Mikel was the least motivated to continue playing in the world cup in Russia. Even if we had advanced, he would have flown back to Naija to sort out things.

While I dont blame him, he played most of his passes backwards. He could not motivate the team to hangon till the end. And to the people that kidnapped his dad, all doors to their success in life will be shut! unless they repent.
Oga read before commenting naaa!!!

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by castrokins(m): 1:56pm On Jul 03, 2018
This Is Sad
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by ensamy(m): 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2018
Now I know it was Maradonna and Messi that planned the abduction of Pa Michael obi hmmmmm shocked shocked
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by akiOYIBO: 2:02pm On Jul 03, 2018
In this country of ours we aready who the men are and what part of the country they are. You are a man!
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by IEJames(m): 2:03pm On Jul 03, 2018
beethoven:
This is where I d say the coach was stupid. He should have played someone else instead of Mikel. Of all the players on the pitch that day, Mikel was the least motivated to continue playing in the world cup in Russia. Even if we had advanced, he would have flown back to Naija to sort out things.

While I dont blame him, he played most of his passes backwards. He could not motivate the team to hangon till the end. And to the people that kidnapped his dad, all doors to their success in life will be shut! unless they repent.

Bro I am just thinking: You know, in the realness of this world, not everyone will like you no matter how likeable you may be. Some will never like you not because of something overly disturbing about you, but because they'd personally dictated and assumed saintly standards to and for you to fail with.

That said, are you saying this out of sheer displeasure with Mikels performance at the ongoing world cup, or just inhabiting in the conduit of bias and hatred.

If your stance is the latter, you'd better come out!
It only restricts good health o

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Jethrolite(m): 2:07pm On Jul 03, 2018
Get your immediate family out of the country for goodness sake, even Nigerians abroad that are not popular do it.
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 03, 2018
President Buhari and Islamic leaders are using their Islamic terrorists to intimidating and kidnapping and attacking Biafrans. Yet, They still want the same Biafrans to bring them World Cup victory.

Since they asked us to pray for Nigeria. I pray let Nigeria disappear forever and let all those calling themselves Nigerians disappear with Nigeria completely in Chuwku Odike Abiama I pray. Isee Isee Isee.....
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by TolaniLuv: 2:15pm On Jul 03, 2018
If your father die Mikel God will never forgive you... i swear, you know what to do... stop being a pussy and move them to a safer place or out of the country .. im sure the man is not even working hes retired ... btw, is this while you haven’t been visiting home lately??

We have other players who are richer than you who visit their home town and people welcome them with joy, when was the last time you visit ur home town Mr baba olowo ? You are not a G
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2018
Very good Mikel... Your a true definition of an outright man. God bless you for keeping Nigeria first before your family.
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by chrisooblog: 2:20pm On Jul 03, 2018
smh didn't you read the part where he said nobody knew whether rohr or nff or players. as for whether he was motivated that argentina game in my opinion was his best at the world cup. true self sacrificial leadership on Mikel's part big ups to him

beethoven:

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by cheddahboy(m): 2:25pm On Jul 03, 2018
oluboom:

send me your mail so i can contact you

ajibonaomotola@gmail.com
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by goodvision12(m): 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2018
Saphiex:
Nigerians can be evil, I mean evil. Thank God he made it
APC MEANS ALWAYS PROTECTING COWS
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by otokx(m): 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2018
BigBelleControl:
This Mikel's father has become a regular customer of kidnappers. This must be an insider's job.

Spot on, it is rare in Nigeria for someone to be kidnapped more than once. The criminal gangs are so organized, they can even call in once in a while to ask if you are doing okay.
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by VULCAN(m): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2018
Going through your posts I see the way you girl insults at people over every small matter.

That tells me you are poor, frustrated or both. People that are doing well don't respond to everything with curses and insults

Let go of bitterness and God will open ur heavens.

Remain blessed

Izz9111:

He played very well better than every member of ur family. None of your generation born and unborn can ever achieve 1/100 of what has achieved in football.
Thanks
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Izychi: 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2018
jingiss:
Maybe you are waiting for them to kidnap him for the third time before you'll receive sense and kuku relocate him out of this useless country.
Are you really certain the offer hadn't been presented and the old man refused?

Do u think it's everyone that wants to live abroad?
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by VULCAN(m): 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2018
Going through your posts I see the way you hurl insults at people over every small matter.

That tells me you are poor, frustrated or both.

People that are doing well don't respond to everything with curses and insults

Let go of bitterness and God will open your heavens.

God bless you

Izz9111:

He played very well better than every member of ur family. None of your generation born and unborn can ever achieve 1/100 of what has achieved in football.
Thanks
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Dotng: 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2018
beethoven:

Did you read where he said he did not inform the coach. It is not by force to comment. Just read and pass. cry

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by wink2015(m): 3:50pm On Jul 03, 2018
Mikel Obi must have settled the kidnappers with some Chinese Yuan.

Kidnapping is one of the sad reality NIGERIANS and foreigners have to go through to survive everyday living in Nigeria.

Thank God he is alive to continue normal life.
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by cheddahboy(m): 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2018
eyeforeye:

Are you sure you are ready for business when your number is switched off?

Number not switched off please.. Try Now
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by papoose999(m): 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2018
beethoven:

next time read the thread well
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by POUNDS22: 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2018
Thank God that Dad Is alive.......
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by maryalloy(f): 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2018
thank God he's fine now, God bless you Mikel you are a paroatic Nigerian
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Azam101: 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
Thank God he was rescued.
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by BanevsJoker(m): 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2018
Mikel, what would it take to relocate your entire family to another country? Haven't you suffered enough?
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by Yankiss(m): 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2018
Gisthoodng:
Nigeria's Super Eagles Captain, Mikel Obi has opened up on the trauma he went through having received a call from home before the Argentina Match that his dad has been Kidnapped for the second time.

In a statement released by his publicists, Mikel remarked:

“Following various speculators about recent occurrence with my father. I can confirm I had to suppress emotional trauma to lead Nigeria out against Argentina last Tuesday 26th June in Saint Petersburg.

“Four hours before kick-off, I received a call from Nigeria that my father Pa Michael Obi had been kidnapped for the second time.

“He was on his way to a funeral in South eastern Nigeria from Jos when he was abducted along the Makurdi-Enugu expressway.

“I was emotionally distraught but had to make a decision about whether I was mentally ready to play the game.

“I was confused. I did not know what to do, but in the end I knew that I could not let 180 million Nigerians down, I had to shut it out of my head and go and represent my country first.

“I could not even inform the coaches or NFF staff, and only a very tight circle of members my friends knew.

“I was told that they would shoot my dad instantly if I reported to the authorities or told anybody.

“And I did not want to discuss it with the coach because I did not want my issue to become a distraction to the coach or the rest of the team on the day of such an important game.

“So as much as I wanted to discuss it with the coach, I could not do it. Thankfully he is now safely released less than seven hours ago. I thank the police authorities for their rescue efforts and support from friends and family members”.

Source:>>>SPORTDAB
http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/07/how-my-father-was-kidnapped-before.html

They ought not to have informed him until at least after the match. Haba.
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by greggng: 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2018
How can I have his type of money and my parents don't 've security.....infact they will 've armed men plus body guards following them to the toilet
Re: Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match by shugasofttouch: 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2018
Gisthoodng:
Nigeria's Super Eagles Captain, Mikel Obi has opened up on the trauma he went through having received a call from home before the Argentina Match that his dad has been Kidnapped for the second time.

In a statement released by his publicists, Mikel remarked:

“Following various speculators about recent occurrence with my father. I can confirm I had to suppress emotional trauma to lead Nigeria out against Argentina last Tuesday 26th June in Saint Petersburg.

“Four hours before kick-off, I received a call from Nigeria that my father Pa Michael Obi had been kidnapped for the second time.

“He was on his way to a funeral in South eastern Nigeria from Jos when he was abducted along the Makurdi-Enugu expressway.

“I was emotionally distraught but had to make a decision about whether I was mentally ready to play the game.

“I was confused. I did not know what to do, but in the end I knew that I could not let 180 million Nigerians down, I had to shut it out of my head and go and represent my country first.

“I could not even inform the coaches or NFF staff, and only a very tight circle of members my friends knew.

“I was told that they would shoot my dad instantly if I reported to the authorities or told anybody.

“And I did not want to discuss it with the coach because I did not want my issue to become a distraction to the coach or the rest of the team on the day of such an important game.

“So as much as I wanted to discuss it with the coach, I could not do it. Thankfully he is now safely released less than seven hours ago. I thank the police authorities for their rescue efforts and support from friends and family members”.

Source:>>>SPORTDAB
http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/07/how-my-father-was-kidnapped-before.html

if with your status and the public display between you and Olga, this old man still travels by road to the east from the north, then u are either poor or mean.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kevin-Prince Boateng Weds Melissa Satta / How Hee-chan Dribbled Van Dijk To Score Against Liverpool (Video) / Dream Big: Lingard Shares Ronaldo's Then Vs Now Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.