Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,671 members, 7,801,934 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? (40589 Views)

Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? / How Much Do You Spend Daily As A Married Or Single Man / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Rubbiish(m): 6:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
ladygudhead:
guy i don't have ba3 n am too strong to type.Thanks love! mmuaah!
Try to answer my question whenever u charge ya ba3...mmuaah too!
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by bukatyne(f): 6:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
crackhaus:

What's the difference between the two?

One is constantly repeating the cycle of marriage & divorce, enjoying the benefits of marriage as long as he is in it. He probably has kids (who may/may not like him) of his own.

The eternal bachelor is alone and except he is pursuing a cause e.g. Rev. Fathers, Monks etc. he can't cope single as he needs to propagate his seed and leave a successor. If he is a baby daddy, then he is off the plate.

Trump is a serial monogamist.

I can't think of an eternal bachelor.

Even owner/creator of Playboy with all his 'knowledge of the vileness of women' was a serial monogamist.

I interestingly can't think of any big shot who was an eternal bachelor; they opt for serial monogamy or polygamy.
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by ladygudhead(f): 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2018
Rubbiish:
Aiit!
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by crackhaus: 9:38pm On Jul 06, 2018
bukatyne:

One is constantly repeating the cycle of marriage & divorce, enjoying the benefits of marriage as long as he is in it. He probably has kids (who may/may not like him) of his own.

The eternal bachelor is alone and except he is pursuing a cause e.g. Rev. Fathers, Monks etc. he can't cope single as he needs to propagate his seed and leave a successor. If he is a baby daddy, then he is off the plate.

Trump is a serial monogamist.

I can't think of an eternal bachelor.

Even owner/creator of Playboy with all his 'knowledge of the vileness of women' was a serial monogamist.

I interestingly can't think of any big shot who was an eternal bachelor; they opt for serial monogamy or polygamy.

You muddled everything up.

Serial monogamy has nothing to do with marrying and divorcing multiple times. It is the system whereby a person develops a sexual dating (not marriage) relationship with just one partner at a time. This means he/she is faithful to that one person until they break up, then it's on to the next. Look it up.

An eternal bachelor is not alone, wrong definition there too.
An eternal bachelor is a person that never or more appropriately, is yet to get into the institution of marriage. This person can be involved in cohabitation, civil partnership, and can have children from an infinite number of women if he so chooses - he is an eternal bachelor until the day he contracts a marriage. Look it up.

Serial monogamy and eternal bachelorhood are one and the same thing in principle (staying unmarried).
The only difference between the two is that while a serial monogamist is a faithful man/woman who doesn't do multiple dating/sexual partners, the eternal bachelor is most probably a serial dater and can have multiple sexual partners at the same time.

Leonardo Di' Caprio is an example of an eternal bachelor.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by JhyMedex: 10:19am On Jul 08, 2018
divinelove:
I see a man DT will die of loneliness in old age, u might die and decay in your bed n nobody will know.

You can't afford not to have a wife at old age bc loneliness will kill u. Even those men whose wife is dead or divorced remarry sharply to avert this time bomb DT lies ahead angry

wat does it matter if he dies n decays..

we all gon die n decay..whether u decaying in some box 6ft under or out in d open..

d bottom line is u r dead!
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by JhyMedex: 10:31am On Jul 08, 2018
Biglittlelois:

I dont want to be religious, but God realised Adam needs Eve cos he figured he will be lonely, so i believe once a male is born a female is born or out there for him and vice versa
wat den happens to women destined to marry pple who later turn out to b priests or monks?..
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Evangkatsoulis: 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
Acidosis:

Absolutely, but I have an observation;

How come we 'force' the 6-3-3-4 educational system on everyone? I mean there is no basis to force a child to go to school as many people without that privilege are doing very well financially and mentally. One thing I've come to discover about humans is that we are all wired to be selective hypocrites. This minute we feel everyone should do what they like, and the next minute we enrol kids in school because others are doing it (same thing we kicked against when it comes to other issues).

Are you saying that there are no advantages of going to school? Can you provide sources?
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by donjobill: 12:03am On Jul 09, 2018
Biglittlelois:

I dont want to be religious, but God realised Adam needs Eve cos he figured he will be lonely, so i believe once a male is born a female is born or out there for him and vice versa

From which authority stems this believe system?

Just being curious
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by donjobill: 5:12am On Jul 09, 2018
Amazonboss:

While I may agree with you sir about his state of mind towards marriage, Marriage is God's business not a social construct per say.

I also think same,but will have a kid and train my kid. I so love peace and happiness. Except of course I find a weird type like me I may reconsider. But until then........ plans are underway to prepare financially for myself and kid.
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Rubyventures: 10:02am On Jul 09, 2018
Rejoice5000:
If i can wear cheap cloths,deny my comfort jst to set the child to a good standard why won't dat child look after me.forget third world parents na grammer bi dat.

If you child moves far away and decides not to look after you or place you in a home? what can you do? except wallow in self pity. No one knows what the future holds, you only know your mind. even if you think you know the mind of your kids , they will get married, and their loyalty changes to their immediate family. What you should be praying for since your old age investment is in your kids is that they meet a good partner that will not change their minds.
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Rejoice5000(f): 11:12am On Jul 09, 2018
Rubyventures:

If you child moves far away and decides not to look after you or place you in a home? what can you do? except wallow in self pity. No one knows what the future holds, you only know your mind. even if you think you know the mind of your kids , they will get married, and their loyalty changes to their immediate family. What you should be praying for since your old age investment is in your kids is that they meet a good partner that will not change their minds.
lol i think u should speak for urself i say its a MUST.if they like be in end of this world.Its a done deal they will.
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Preciouzword: 11:55am On Jul 09, 2018
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Rubyventures: 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2018
Rejoice5000:
lol i think u should speak for urself i say its a MUST.if they like be in end of this world.Its a done deal they will.

Ok no problem. For me I will never want to be a burden for my kids, i see loads of 90year olds living their full lives and looking after themselves because they have planned very well. That's what i aim for. That way, when your kids and grand kids pay you visits , its a moment cherished and there is respect both ways.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by ladygudhead(f): 6:51am On Jul 11, 2018
Rubbiish:
Ok xup!
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Rubbiish(m): 7:51am On Jul 11, 2018
ladygudhead:
Ok xup!
Good...
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by ladygudhead(f): 9:43am On Jul 11, 2018
Rubbiish:

Good...
So i av seen(sori heard of) children who kill their parents n vice versa .but i av seen a greater majority of children become their parents dream,bring them joy,make dem proud(like u n i), continue d familz lineage etc. The advantages so supercede d disadvanges. so whats ur say, sir?
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by ImaIma1(f): 10:06am On Jul 11, 2018
mhd5757:
Hey nairalanders, what do you think? Is this normal? Marriage doesn't appeal to me at all same as having kids, I prefer having dogs even now i have 2 of them and as soon as I get a job and make enough money I plan on getting 3 more making them 5 in number. I know most people, the first thing they want to do as soon as they get a job is to get married and have kids but not me, I'm also not interested in having a girlfriend, though I used to have one back then when I was in the university but we were forced to leave each other being that she had to go back to her country and I had to come back to Nigeria.
After that I got another girl here in Nigeria, but I had to leave her because she was too expensive and she was draining me financially. After that, I just lost interest in relationships and I decided to be single, I decided that even if I feel the need to lay with a woman I can just go to an ashawo hotel or get a steady woman who I can be calling any time I need company. I think this is the lifestyle that suits me especially in this harsh economy, its easier for me. If I get married and have kids imagine all the money I'm going to have to be spending, excess groceries, all kinds of bills, school fees and the list goes on.
At least having a steady woman to call like maybe once a week can't be as expensive as getting married and supporting a wife.
Also having dogs can't be as expensive as raising kids, with dogs all I need to do is to buy their feed, their grooming products and pay for their medical bills and probably training fees too but with kids and a wife imagine all the bills, the lists keep compiling and they never end.
What is your take on this? What do you think?

Op it is your pocket talking. It is not you.
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Rubbiish(m): 7:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
ladygudhead:
So i av seen(sori heard of) children who kill their parents n vice versa .but i av seen a greater majority of children become their parents dream,bring them joy,make dem proud(like u n i), continue d familz lineage etc. The advantages so supercede d disadvanges. so whats ur say, sir?
I concede...
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by ladygudhead(f): 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2018
Rubbiish:
I concede...
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by TheExclusive: 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
mhd5757:

I don't get lonely, I am a social introvert meaning that I prefer keeping to myself but I still go out to socialize with friends.
And if I die alone and nobody finds me, I don't care no matter how my body decays because I would be dead and I would not feel a thing.

Oga...this is not normal. Something is wrong somewhere. You need to see a psychologist. Please do.
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by mctowel01: 4:20am On Jul 13, 2018
mmsen:

If he doesn't want children why are you trying to pressure him into having them?

Does Nigeria need more reluctant, unprepared parents?
Wise and clear to whoever has ears
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Vmaqween(f): 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2018
Grupo:

See as you take fine grin.

Oya, come and counsel me!
Oya am coming wait
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Tomblaize: 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hey nairalanders, what do you think? Is this normal? Marriage doesn't appeal to me at all same as having kids, I prefer having dogs even now i have 2 of them and as soon as I get a job and make enough money I plan on getting 3 more making them 5 in number. I know most people, the first thing they want to do as soon as they get a job is to get married and have kids but not me, I'm also not interested in having a girlfriend, though I used to have one back then when I was in the university but we were forced to leave each other being that she had to go back to her country and I had to come back to Nigeria.
After that I got another girl here in Nigeria, but I had to leave her because she was too expensive and she was draining me financially. After that, I just lost interest in relationships and I decided to be single, I decided that even if I feel the need to lay with a woman I can just go to an ashawo hotel or get a steady woman who I can be calling any time I need company. I think this is the lifestyle that suits me especially in this harsh economy, its easier for me. If I get married and have kids imagine all the money I'm going to have to be spending, excess groceries, all kinds of bills, school fees and the list goes on.
At least having a steady woman to call like maybe once a week can't be as expensive as getting married and supporting a wife.
Also having dogs can't be as expensive as raising kids, with dogs all I need to do is to buy their feed, their grooming products and pay for their medical bills and probably training fees too but with kids and a wife imagine all the bills, the lists keep compiling and they never end.
What is your take on this? What do you think?

How old are u? I need to know your age before I reply u

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

5 Years After Divorce, Woman Returns To Ex-husband's House To Beat Up New Wife / Childhood Days; Were You Bathed Like This? (photo) / Real Girls Do Real Things!- Nigerian Lady Shares Photos Of Herself Frying Garri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.