Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format (26409 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / MAGNIFICENT: The New RCCG 12 Million Capacity Auditorium (photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by e36991: 8:25pm On Jun 26, 2010
ogajim:

DUDE!

Don't get too far ahead of your self buddy,

I see nothing funny making fun of dead guys or calling living souls by dead folks' names but again, I'll just leave that at "to each his own"

If 10% is all you can give, nothing wrong with that but no one should equally condemn folks who can give more or less, nowhere did the Bible tell us to give a simple %, We are asked repeatedly to give as the Spirit leads us not in the way it is MOSTLY preached these days starting right here in the USA to Nigeria where it's been taken to a higher level.

I have standards below which I do not operate so don't expect equal sarcasm from this side, I don't do stuff because others are doing it neither do I feel a need to dwell on my giving, I just refuse to believe the way they go about it, I believe we still love you all with the love of God.

@Oga ooo Jim

What are you like eh? A comedy and a half huh?

Have a kit-kat

What's your suggestion or alternative for christians then

Christians dont have hang ups with the Christ tag after Jesus died

Dont know what you're on about with " . . . condemning folks who can give more or less . . ." I certainly didnt infer that & you arent quoting me

but I do know there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 9:53pm On Jun 26, 2010
e36991:

@Oga ooo Jim

What are you like eh? A comedy and a half huh?

Have a kit-kat

What's your suggestion or alternative for christians then

Christians dont have hang ups with Christ tag after Jesus died

Dont know what you're on about with " . . . condemning folks who can give more or less . . ." I certainly didnt infer that & you arent quoting me

but I do know there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus

I don't eat CRAP,

One cardinal gym rule, "Don't rack more than you can bench or lift wink
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Image123(m): 10:56am On Jun 27, 2010
lol. See phobia written in blue black.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Image123(m): 12:30am On Jun 28, 2010
e36991
Please I'm just curious. Hope nuclearboy didn't have emotional outbursts in your private discuss? I'm really hoping someone can tell him in private to forget sheer folly. He doesn't seem to see things easily in public.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 2:25am On Jun 28, 2010
Image123:

lol. See phobia written in blue black.

Phobo phobia or what kind of phobia?

You and the "numbered" dude can't ride viaro's gravy train all the way without giving your own side now, we now understand viaro's take on tithes and how he doesn't like both EXTREMES, where are you two?

"Investment banking" Christianity is WRONG and folks ought to know that no matter who get's pissed about it, some of us are too GROUNDED/SECURE in our beliefs to bother about the "output" of some "executed program", see where this is going?

I don't need to disclose my giving to NO ONE and not obligated to but you can do that if that works for you, remember the first 10 amendments to the Constitution, grin grin grin
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 7:18am On Jun 28, 2010
@Ogajim:

Image123 is likely too young to have watched "tales by moonlight" where Mr Tortoise said "Not until I've been disgraced" would he return home.

Openly I say here that e36991's idea about tithing is the same as Viaro's - "mostly thieves smiling off to the bank after ripping off gullible people" but exactly like Viaro, myself, Ogajim etc, he rightly believes giving is the watchword for Christians and that giving was made mandatory in the OT as a pointer to the NT freedom just as commandments were mandatory then but "over-graced" now i.e. no condemnation YET NO license to sin!

Mr Tortoise, time for you to return home! What beats me is how you people can convinvce yourself that humans like you are superior to the Bible. Then you come back and say "No, we just esteem them". Liars - if their lives resembled that of the Apostles, who would dare speak against them. If their fruits resemble the bereans, we'd know the stock they came from. But their fruit is hypocritical, self serving, greedy and have itchy ears. What does that tell you about them?

Anyways, no man here is quarelling with you! That is the truth. All we say is stop putting man over the Bible and over God! They are only men and if you remove the money they've put together, you would have zero respect for them and call them just another pastor.Which tells you something - its all about the money! wink
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by eyzhvntsn: 10:11am On Jun 28, 2010
Tithe, Tithe, Tithe,  cheesy

Let's start from the very beginning, a very good place to start,

Genesis 14:20-21 - And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all

Maybe the NLT version can help us out - And blessed be God Most High, who has defeated your enemies for you.” Then Abram gave Melchizedek a tenth of all he ever had and would ever have all that he recovered (from the battle perhaps? check vs 16 also Heb 7:4)

Let's now fast forward to Leviticus 27:30 - And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD's: it is holy unto the LORD.

Hmmmm!!!! The Lord is hungry and He needs a place to live OR maybe, just maybe the tithe was meant for someone else, let's see,

Num 18:23 - 26 - But the Levites shall do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they shall bear their iniquity: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations, that among the children of Israel they have no inheritance.

24 But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance

25 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

26 Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the tithe.

Oh no!!!! Even though God gave the tithe to the Levites, He still wants a 10th of it, feel free to read in between vs 26 and 31

Num 18:31 - And ye shall eat it in every place, ye and your households: for it is your reward for your service in the tabernacle of the congregation.

The Levites had no inheritance among the children of Israel and so God had to make the tithe a commandment so that they would not suffer as well as,

Again in Deut 14: 22 - 29, read what God asked the children of Israel to do with the tithe, especially vs 29 - And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest and then again vs 24-25 shows that the tithe was not even money.

How many churches give anything to the stranger, fatherless or widow after tithes (that is clearly not even money in the scriptures) are given, since we want to follow the tithe as a LAW.

Ah!!!!! The ever popular Malachi 3: 8-10, Pls read the whole book of Malachi and find that the prophet was speaking to the nation concerning their sins of which one was they were not giving tithes according to the laws established above.

Fast forward yet again to the New testament,

2 Cor 8: 1 - 7

1 Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;

2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.

3 For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves;

4 Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.

5 And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.

6 Insomuch that we desired Titus, that as he had begun, so he would also finish in you the same grace also.

7 Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.

The macedonians gave out of their love for God and their desire to assist Paul in ministry. Paul was admonishing the corinthians to partake of the GRACE that the macedonians had to GIVE WILLINGLY.

Let's look also at Phil 4:15

15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

Come on, Paul had to have told all the churches to give their tithe how come they did not communicate with him as concerning giving but the phillipians only? OR maybe Paul [circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless - Phil 3:5-6] never spoke of the tithe because he totally believed in Gal 2: 16.

Also check the book of Acts and see how the early church demonstrated giving. (e.g. Acts 2:44-45, 4:32-37)

In the old testament, the tithe was a LAW, in the New there is a GRACE for giving. If it is of the law then it cannot be by grace, which is it?

One can pay the tithe but God does not require it of anyone, the levites for whom God gave the commandment to the Israelites were separated unto priesthood but now there is a HIGH PRIEST and since according to Heb 7:12 the priesthood has been changed seeing as Jesus was not from the lineage of the levites but from the lineage of Judah, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. Are we even levites/Israelites sef?

Even concerning these same Israelites Paul says in Romans 10: 2 - For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. Which one come be your own wey u carry tithe for head

Anyone can choose to believe that the tithe is a law and give it, they can choose to believe that God will send the devourer if they do not give, they may choose to believe that their blessings are tied to their 10% giving but I say IT IS NOT SO. If a person chooses not to give a dime, penny, kobo to the church for the rest of their life, don't make a lick of difference. However for those who choose to operate with understanding, it is indeed more blessed to give than to receive.

When we all get to the other side of eternity, we will find out whether it is the meagre 10% that people gave that made a difference in the grand scheme of things or not.

SELAH!!!!

Not bringing anything new here, its all been said. Just saw this after and I CONCUR - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-113108.0.html
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Doptimist2: 11:16am On Jun 28, 2010
I wouldn't bother arguing with Viaro if I were you, she is just a waste of time and she is highly skilled in distorting the truth and manipulating scriptures to suit her preconceived notions. The painful thing is that she is fully aware that tithing the way it is presented in most churches today is a fraud yet she fully endorses it whilst pretending to be neutral. I had running battles with her in the past on this same topic, no matter what hard core glaring evidence you present, she would obsfuscate it, mis represent you and even write blatant lies to discedit your post. She also resorts to picking at straws and semantics to draw away attention from the point being made, that is apart from her love for insults and abuses when her dishonesty is being exposed. The fact remains that Gal 5:4 makes it clear that those who are trying to justify themselves by keeping the law(which includes tithing) have fallen from grace and no matter how much viaro tries to confuse issues that verse can never be erased from the bible.

@ Kunle
The only thing I'm after in your post above is the emboldened portion. When quoting the scripture, please try as much as possible to do it right. On what occasion was Gal 5:4 talking about? Let's see.

Gal. 5:1 down.

5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

5:2
Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

5:3
For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5:5
For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

5:6
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

5:7
Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

5:8
This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

5:9
A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

5:10
I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

5:11
And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

5:12
I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

5:13
For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

5:14
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

What circumcision was Paul talking about? I would like to know.

Paul said 'for ALL THE LAW is fulfilled in one word; thou shalt LOVE thy neighbour as thyself', he didn't say 'some' of the laws are fulfilled in , but ALL THE LAW. Now was tithe to you not part of ALL THE LAW. So why then are you exempting the tithe issue as if it wasn't among.

You are keeping these laws by LOVING your neighbour as yourself. I'm still searching the bible to ascertain the place Jesus or any of the Apostles clearly stated that Thou shalt not LOVE in terms of tithe paying or categorically saying you should not be enslaved in 'Tithing' for you are under the law not under the grace for paying tithe. Please when once you set your eyes on it you let me know.

Search with this portion on your mind'

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Thanks.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by eyzhvntsn: 11:51am On Jun 28, 2010
^
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Image123(m): 4:35pm On Jun 28, 2010
You and the "numbered"
dude can't ride viaro's gravy
train all the way without
giving your own side now,
we now understand viaro's
take on tithes and how he
doesn't like both
EXTREMES, where are you
two?
"Investment banking"
Christianity is WRONG and
folks ought to know that
no matter who get's pissed
about it, some of us are
too GROUNDED/SECURE in
our beliefs to bother about
the "output" of some
"executed program", see
where this is going?
I don't need to disclose my
giving to NO ONE and not
obligated to but you can
do that if that works for
you
What's with you guys and viaro? Talk about 'propping'. Are you guys so desperate for association? It's obvious that you tithephobics are on one of the said EXTREMES. Many 'emotional outbursts' have revealed so, though it seems you(Ogagim) and perhaps Zikkyy are dissociating from the EXTREME.
I've seen some of you are too grounded in fear. That's why we're here, to help you. I've not come here urging anyone to give(tithes), have I? But I speak when phobics seek to turn the hearts of the people through deceitful talk and misquote of scripture.
One needs to speak when the likes of nuclearpapa thinks himself the ancient of days, and yet hypocritically tries to pass off as a boy. And that's just the story of his nl life, hypocrisy!
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 5:13pm On Jun 28, 2010
^^
Has it become so bad for you that you have now taken Nopugeater as a mentor and are imitating his english? Has your life come to so miserable a point that first you copy us (prop etc), then you copy Viaro (tithephobia etc) and now are copying senile story-tellers?  You really are pathetic, you know. What was everyone around you looking at whist you degenerated to this level? Or did you fall and hit your head against the ground whist a baby?

And when will this your skulking around like a vulture or rabid dog following me around NL end, ehn? You remind me more and more of tales of retarded children of a angeldust addict. Imcomplete function yet given no care. Go take a bath - even online, you stink.

boy ko, schoolmaster ni!
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by DeepSight(m): 6:10pm On Jun 28, 2010
^^^ Go easy please.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Zikkyy(m): 6:32pm On Jun 28, 2010
Image123:

Many 'emotional outbursts' have revealed so, though it seems you(Ogagim) and perhaps Zikkyy are dissociating from the EXTREME.

Oga Image123, you need to come explain what you mean by 'dissociating from the EXTREME' angry angry
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 6:40pm On Jun 28, 2010
Image123:

What's with you guys and viaro? Talk about 'propping'. Are you guys so desperate for association? It's obvious that you tithephobics are on one of the said EXTREMES. Many 'emotional outbursts' have revealed so, though it seems you(Ogagim) and perhaps Zikkyy are dissociating from the EXTREME.
I've seen some of you are too grounded in fear. That's why we're here, to help you. I've not come here urging anyone to give(tithes), have I? But I speak when phobics seek to turn the hearts of the people through deceitful talk and misquote of scripture.
One needs to speak when the likes of nuclearpapa thinks himself the ancient of days, and yet hypocritically tries to pass off as a boy. And that's just the story of his nl life, hypocrisy!

Get a real job dude!

You are probably too "young" to understand most of the materials here but knock your self out. I don't follow, I lead fellow men. Are you the same fellow who accused folks of "blaspheming" against your "MOGs" na wa for waec oooo (you're probably too young for WASC/WAEC)

Take it easy "kid"!
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by e36991: 9:56pm On Jun 28, 2010
Image123:

e36991

Please I'm just curious. Hope nuclearboy didn't have emotional outbursts in your private discuss?

I'm really hoping someone can tell him in private to forget sheer folly. He doesn't seem to see things easily in public.

@Image123

No, on the contrary, we had a cautious and interesting discourse grounded with mutual respect and understanding

To be honest with you, I admit its a dirty task exposing perpetrators and warning those snookered by their malarkey

but someone has to do it and say it as it is

If it has to be Nuclearboy doing or saying it, so be it . . .

Between you and I, I think both of you on certain positions agree to disagree

and merely just relish winding each other up

- in a brotherly manner I trust
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by e36991: 10:16pm On Jun 28, 2010
ogajim:

Phobo phobia or what kind of phobia?

You and the "numbered" dude can't ride viaro's gravy train all the way without giving your own side now,

we now understand viaro's take on tithes and how he doesn't like both EXTREMES, where are you two?

"Investment banking" Christianity is WRONG and folks ought to know that no matter who get's pissed about it,

some of us are too GROUNDED/SECURE in our beliefs to bother about the "output" of some "executed program", see where this is going?

I don't need to disclose my giving to NO ONE and not obligated to but you can do that if that works for you,

remember the first 10 amendments to the Constitution,  grin grin grin

@O ga ooo Jim

Numbered dude indeed, grin I'll show you numbered in a minute  grin

Give it a rest, will ya?

Flesh and blood did not reveal ". . . I don't need to disclose my giving to NO ONE . . . " to you.

Aye, the Lord's word is blessed

"But when you do a charitable deed, do not let  your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret"
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by e36991: 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2010
- On a lighter mood

for the tithers and non-tithers you wont miss out on a prayer grin

Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2010
^^^ Hello there again:

missed you most of today though I peeped and saw you once but was on my way out then.

On "Image123", twould be nice if it was as you said but its not. The dude seems to believe he has unction to follow me around casting all manner of aspersions on my character and motives yet knowing nothing of it!

Again, I recap my position - I have NOTHING against giving. IF YOU UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF TITHES AS THE BIBLE CONTAINS IT, and you decide to pay it, I have NOTHING against it. BUT IF you call yourself a Christian (or man of God) and you tell people that tithes (10%) are compulsory and non-payment means a "devourer" is against you and God is offended at you, then you are a thief and not likely Christian. If you preach that the giving of such is compulsory and must be to the church ALONE, you are a thief. That is non-negotiable with me because it is contrary to the Word. And ALL MEN are below/under the Word no matter who they are!

So why follow me around making inane statements like "whatever he says is wrong" or "satan is using him mightily" or calling me nuclearpapa. Is he looking for a surrogate dad? Are the ones he already calls "papa" and "daddy" not enough? I have had enough of it and I am not sorry to say the Bible is there for anyone to see how Jesus spoke to those who followed Him around looking for ways to trip Him up. And the terms the Apostles used to describe those who turned the Gospel to human gain are still there for us to see.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by e36991: 11:00pm On Jun 28, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^^ Hello there again:

missed you most of today though I peeped and saw you once but was on my way out then.

On "Image123", twould be nice if it was as you said but its not.

The dude seems to believe he has unction to follow me around casting all manner of aspersions on my character and motives yet knowing nothing of it!

Again, I recap my position - I have NOTHING against giving.

IF YOU UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF TITHES AS THE BIBLE CONTAINS IT, and you decide to pay it, I have NOTHING against it.

BUT IF you call yourself a Christian (or man of God) and you tell people that tithes (10%) are compulsory

and non-payment means a "devourer" is against you and God is offended at you, then you are a thief and not likely Christian.

If you preach that the giving of such must be to the church ALONE, you are a thief.

That is non-negotiable with me because it is counter to the Word. And ALL MEN are below/under the Word no matter who they are!

. . . I am not sorry to say the Bible is there for anyone to see how Jesus spoke to those who followed Him around looking for ways to trip Him up.

And the terms the Apostles used to describe those who turned the Gospel to human gain are still there for us to see.

@nuclearboy

Its been another day, another gazillion of dollars for me

had been checking the forum's updates from work . . .

I rarely post from work unless its exceptionally necessary . . .

I'll soon be diving for the duvet for the night

Hey, all those come with the terrain. Who builds a house without contemplating the cost.

The kitchen is bound to be hot, isnt it?

Child's play compared to ". . . He was scorned and mocked, but endured all for the sake of the gospel . . ."

You have not become an enemy by telling the truth . . .

There is a devourer all right and fruits do fall in the field before their time ( i.e. devourer is akin to a principle/law)

Anyways, I do relate and you both are right and devoted to a good cause in different ways and entry levels
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 6:51am On Jun 29, 2010
^^^ That gazillion of dollars you spoke about sounds quite nice. Good for you and please remember the needy.

However, I'm not so sure your statement "we BOTH" are right is apt here for one stands for God whist the other is for the lucre establishment.

What concord has light and darkness? And just as the Pharisees said Christ had a devil, the establishment says "here's a devil" too.

I like poetry. who will teach me? wink
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Image123(m): 9:14am On Jun 29, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^
Has it become so bad for you that you have now taken Nopugeater as a mentor and are imitating his english? Has your life come to so miserable a point that first you copy us (prop etc), then you copy Viaro (tithephobia etc) and now are copying senile story-tellers?  You really are pathetic, you know. What was everyone around you looking at whist you degenerated to this level? Or did you fall and hit your head against the ground whist a baby?

And when will this your skulking around like a vulture or rabid dog following me around NL end, ehn? You remind me more and more of tales of retarded children of a angeldust addict. Imcomplete function yet given no care. Go take a bath - even online, you stink.

boy ko, schoolmaster ni!
Waoh! I really must have hit a bone this time. I want to apologise, nuclearboy Sorry. But, would I say I'm suprised? By their fruits we know them. Where for God's sake is grace? Even an unbeliever is saying easy please. I've told you before, you need a dip in the blood of Christ.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Image123(m): 9:29am On Jun 29, 2010
Get a real job dude!
You are probably too
"young" to understand
most of the materials here
but knock your self out. I
don't follow, I lead fellow
men. Are you the same
fellow who accused folks
of "blaspheming" against
your "MOGs" na wa for
waec oooo (you're
probably too young for
WASC/WAEC)
Take it easy "kid"!
Hi, I don't really understand what you mean by me getting a real job. Anyways, you see I like your own name, it agrees with you. I think it's Oga Jim. henhen, that's a master Oga, who doesn't follow.lol
On your question, I've not accused folks of blasphening against my MOGs, i don't thunk I even fully comprehend that statement.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Image123(m): 9:39am On Jun 29, 2010
Oga Image123, you need to
come explain what you
mean by 'dissociating from
the EXTREME'
Zikkyy, by dissociating from the extreme, I mean you're seperating or disconnecting yourself(through your posts) from the EXTREME view I thought you belonged to.

e36991
Thanks, I saw your reply and it's a relief to hear. God is with us
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2010
I'm NOT suprised you are not suprised. It brings to mind recollections of when Pharisees believed it was Jesus who had "a devil". They were so deluded they couldn't see the image in the mirror

By the way, take a look at previous "issues" I've had on NL. I assure you even nopugeater had more of an effect than you did. At least, he is not lying against Christ and His Word whist claiming to be on Christs' side. He's just supporting what he was trained to believe in.

Keep your "sorrys" to yourself. I profit more if you stop the lying to others and allow God be Glorified rather than upholding men to the cost of God
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2010
Money means nothing to someone who's not GREEDY,

Jesus Christ knew this would be the case hence he admonished us to be CONTENT for " , sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof"

Most of these "MOGs" have transformed themselves into "GOMs" because the flock become more gullible and hangs unto their every word.

God will save us oooooo
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2010
Numbered dude, I mean e36991,  No hard feelings, I just stay away from candies in general (ice cream sneakers, yummy in this HEAT)

## Your cartoons are WAY better than "olaadegbu's" cheesy
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Doptimist2: 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2010
@ All ANTI-TITHERS, TITHERS and even those that don't know which way to follow but in one way or the other contributed to this thread, consider Romans 14 : 1-13. Don't bother flipping through your bible take it easy and go through this one from NIV and reconsider your attitude on this issue.

Romans 14 : 1-13

1 Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters.

2 One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

3 The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.

4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

7 For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone.

8 If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

11 It is written:
" 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will confess to God.' "[a]

12 So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.

Let's leave the MOGs who preach tithing the way they do cos they are only answerable to God not man. If you claim that with your claimed proofs on tithing that today's pastors are wrong in their manner of getting money from fellow christian and you wish to point that out, please try not to go contrary to the above Passages because, of a truth you'll one day stand before the throne to answer for yourself. Leave the MOGs alone cos you'll not answer their questions. God never made any of you judge over any one.

Do the right thing and stop offending God in the manner you preach to and correct others.

For more than two years now you have been pondering on this issue and yet no one seems to accept or yield to another's ideology. I wonder, to what end will this lead to. Maybe you'll continue in your reckless argument and continue abusing one another just in an effort to relay to your fellow christian that you are better sound than he or she is because I feel that this has gone past relaying the "truth" as you claim. You've aired your views and it's been heard and seen but none on either sides is ready to change from their belief, then why go want to kill of force him to yield to your views.

Go find something doing and leave the rest to GOd or if not go get it establish in 'Naija' constitution and banned tithing. I guess that will be better since you fail to understand that you are free and entitle to your religion.

Take it or leave it I'm out.!!
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2010
^^ I don't recall passing any JUDGMENT because that is above my pay grade but we are entitled to have opinions no matter how outlandish that may be.

The same Bible clearly stated that "by their FRUITS ye shall know them" and to "test every spirit",

I like to MODEL my Christianity after the BEREANS, I don't take everything I hear/see from a so called "MOG"hook line and sinker (as you English folks say)
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 4:15pm On Jun 29, 2010
^^^ Ahem "clears throat"

Dear D-Optimist:

Let me rephrase what you have written above so you see my point of view.

Verse 1  Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2  One man's faith allows him to eat everything tell lies, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables tries to be fair

Basically then, your MOGs faiths are weak, right? Is it the laity below them that then has strong faith? And their own type of faith allows lies, right? In the same vein, what you are saying is God HAS ACCEPTED them to continue "lying" for lucre? And of course, who am I to behave as the bereans and study the scriptures to show myself approved (which would mean Paul that praised the bereans was wrong, of course)! Or rather, even if I know the truth, why don't I keep quiet about it and allow people to be fooled?

Finally, since when did they agree that they are MY BROTHERS? I thought everyone has been saying they are MEN OF GOD above other men, whist simple me, not having a giant air-conditioned church, am a "devil", below other men? They reject that we are brothers and say they are higher, don't they? Joagbaje is living proof here on NL saying that they are above others, isn't he?

When you do wrong and misquote scripture for self-gain, you present a stumbling block yet are revered as a MOG! But when you try to correct such misquotes, you are THEN told you are a stumbling block.

PLeeeaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee! Who is being fooled?  

As Ogajim said above "test every spirit"! For what purpose? ? To keep quiet and dance alone in glee that "I know a secret" and am dancing to it?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by eyzhvntsn: 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2010
D-optimist:

Let's leave the MOGs who preach tithing the way they do cos they are only answerable to God not man. If you claim that with your claimed proofs on tithing that today's pastors are wrong in  their manner of getting money from fellow christian and you wish to point that out, please try not to go contrary to the above Passages because, of a truth you'll one day stand before the throne to answer for yourself. Leave the MOGs alone cos you'll not answer their questions. God never made any of you judge over any one.

Do the right thing and stop offending God in the manner you preach to and correct others.

That's the problem right there isn't it? Let's leave them to God while the congregation gets plundered and abused and lied to?

Permit me to show you what offends God,

Matthew 18

1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. (one who becomes born-again)

4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. (a believer)

5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. (so-called MOG's)

6 But whoso shall offend (put a stumbling block) one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

It is an offence to mislead and misinterpret the word, it is a misrepresentation of God. Judge not people but JUDGE MATTERS. End of

By the way read below: The same Paul who wrote Rom 14

Galatians 2:11-14 (King James Version)

11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

14[b] But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel[/b], I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

You shall know the truth and the truth shall MAKE you FREE. There is liberty in Christ

D-optimist:

13  Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. [b]Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way[/b].

You said it.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2010
^^^

I hope you are ready for what you are bringing upon yourself cos soon, they will say you too have a "devil" and are blaspheming against "men of God".

Lovely SCRIPTURAL analysis of what offends God smiley But it won't matter to them and they won't even read to the end or try to understand who the little child is and who is receiving such and thus who is placing the stumbling block.

These are people who place pastors above God! And of course they forget who Peter was before Paul for Paul to have withstood him and said he was to be blamed.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by eyzhvntsn: 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2010
^^Well,  cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince / Omotosho Tope 2019 Prophecies: 'A Governor Will Die After Few Months In Office' / Pastor Swindles Members Of Millions Of Naira, Explains Why He Watches Porn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.