Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" (18574 Views)

Hushpuppi To Daddy Freeze: My Driver Earns As Much As A Commissioner In Nigeria / Daddy Freeze: My Wedding To Opeyemi, My Ex-Wife Was A Big Mistake / Daddy Freeze: My Ex-wife Opeyemi Olarinde Has Run Out Of Country With My Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by AreaFada2: 11:38am On Jul 04, 2018
People only saw the messenger and not the message.

John the baptist & Jesus were pariahs in their time. Only the very poor, down-trodden & slaves took them seriously.

The Pharisees can be likened to Daddy Freeze's aunt. Aloof and stuck in their religious routine & dogma that was interwoven with politics & status quo.

But both Jesus & John had a message that has endured till today.

When I hear fella's songs I wonder if he's alive and just released the songs after observing what we're currently going through.

His songs show that those who had eyes could see where we were heading decades earlier.

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:39am On Jul 04, 2018
Dude shut up and keep voting people that destroyed Nigeria

alBHAGDADI:

If people had taken Fela seriously, many will be married to 27 wives. Fela made it seem like smoking Igbo was cool. Many have ended up in psychatric hospital due to his influence. Yes, he did say some sensible things, but people who do not understand Nigeria's politics will be quick to think he was totally fighting for the masses. His attack on the government was mostly fueled by the fact that his mother was schemed out of things in government. In Nigeria, once you are schemed out of things, you suddenly take sides with the masses against those that have power in government. Examples are Reno Omokri and FFK. Though I like how they attack this Jihadist government, but where was their voice in support of the masses when they were in power then? Now that they are out, they now remember that the masses are suffering and should be helped.

First, Fela was no prophet and there was nothing visibly sanctity about him. The man was a polygamist who smoked weed a lot. No sensible parent with the fear of God will wish their child to be like Fela. Just take a look at how Freeze boldly stepped on a religion he claims to be upholding while he glorifies Fela.

While I understand that there are false teachings and false teachers which Freeze is clearly one of, I do not subscribe to the throwing away of the materials he listed because many of them are true teachings. The false teacher called Freeze is even recommending Fela's music as substitute for those materials. He has clearly gone mad.

There is no such thing as Jewish Christianity. Christianity is not of tribe but of spirit. If at all there is a thing called Jewish Christianity according to Freeze, then it is the type that tells people to throw away Christian materials and replace them with Fela's music that inspires igbo smoking. Mind you Freeze, Jesus didn't come from Jerusalem, he was killed there.

Keep listening to Freeze at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:40am On Jul 04, 2018
DF is a prophet of our time, sent by God to redeem Nigeria from self-inflicted diseases. Help has come from unlikeliest of sources. It is normal that people who are used to the old and diseased system will find it hard to move out of it, hence the attacks he's receiving. Yes, Christianity is from the Jew not from Europe and God is not a Christian neither was Jesus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by tbibuzz(m): 11:41am On Jul 04, 2018
Shey this guy no dey tire ni church this church dat pastor this Pastor that ,seems the guy no know gist wey be stale gist ni?
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by GlobalGisting(m): 11:41am On Jul 04, 2018
All these over zealous church goers are so annoying. Why attack Fela's lifestyle? Why attack the messenger instead of his message? Many pastors are chronic womanizers and some even smoke weed in secret. The few whose secrets come to the open are treated as saints. "Don't judge a man of God" you hear them say yet you are here judging fela's lifestyle and his concubines. All of you are hypocrites of the highest order.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by Truthsbitter: 11:42am On Jul 04, 2018
Very nice... keep it up, we need more super heroes in Nigeria and also in the entire world.
religions has failed us ....be it Christianity or Islam.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by SlimCupid(m): 11:42am On Jul 04, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

Giving freeze attention on social media, gives him multiple orgasm.

Well your aunty wasn't a born again
Because in christianity, born again dont judge, talkless of tagging someone evil.

All i could see here, as a child you were surrounded by stupid and useless people who talked reckless and that has affected you alot.

As i have always said, you've expired long long long time ago, no matter how hard you try to be relevant, you wont be!

God bless Fela kuti
the Irony. Just look how you, a model Christian, is not judging freeze at all by these comments. Imperfect freeze, imperfect humans, but the truth does not care.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by alBHAGDADI: 11:45am On Jul 04, 2018
preator007:
[color=#000099][/color]please keep your unsolicited opinion to your self FREEZE has spoken the heavenly truth
The truth according to you is anything that hurts Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by MufasaRebirth: 11:46am On Jul 04, 2018
Fela is a god
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by samkleen(m): 11:46am On Jul 04, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:
This man is never a Christian, he is just quoting the Bible to attract misguided folks.

Most Fela followers regretted the action they took.

I even know one of them who is now a Pastor
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by SlimCupid(m): 11:48am On Jul 04, 2018
GlobalGisting:
All these over zealous church goers are so annoying. Why attack Fela's lifestyle? Why attack the messenger instead of his message? Many pastors are chronic womanizers and some even smoke weed in secret. The few whose secrets come to the open are treated as saints. "Don't judge a man of God" you hear them say yet you are here judging fela's lifestyle and his concubines. All of you are hypocrites of the highest order.
you nailed it my man. Nigerian 'religionists', both Christians and Muslims, are the most dangerously deluded set of humans on the planet. Where do you even start attempting to thaw up their rock solid hypocrisy?

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by kingsbuoy: 11:49am On Jul 04, 2018
preator007:
[color=#000099][/color]please keep your unsolicited opinion to your self FREEZE has spoken the heavenly truth
Keep your heavenly heaven to yourself, You lied. I do not support your daddy freeze as you can see he is carving another religion for himself. an offshoot
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by Leonbonapart(m): 11:50am On Jul 04, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

If people had taken Fela seriously, many will be married to 27 wives. Fela made it seem like smoking Igbo was cool. Many have ended up in psychatric hospital due to his influence. Yes, he did say some sensible things, but people who do not understand Nigeria's politics will be quick to think he was totally fighting for the masses. His attack on the government was mostly fueled by the fact that his mother was schemed out of things in government. In Nigeria, once you are schemed out of things, you suddenly take sides with the masses against those that have power in government. Examples are Reno Omokri and FFK. Though I like how they attack this Jihadist government, but where was their voice in support of the masses when they were in power then? Now that they are out, they now remember that the masses are suffering and should be helped.

First, Fela was no prophet and there was nothing visibly sanctity about him. The man was a polygamist who smoked weed a lot. No sensible parent with the fear of God will wish their child to be like Fela. Just take a look at how Freeze boldly stepped on a religion he claims to be upholding while he glorifies Fela.

While I understand that there are false teachings and false teachers which Freeze is clearly one of, I do not subscribe to the throwing away of the materials he listed because many of them are true teachings. The false teacher called Freeze is even recommending Fela's music as substitute for those materials. He has clearly gone mad.

There is no such thing as Jewish Christianity. Christianity is not of tribe but of spirit. If at all there is a thing called Jewish Christianity according to Freeze, then it is the type that tells people to throw away Christian materials and replace them with Fela's music that inspires igbo smoking. Mind you Freeze, Jesus didn't come from Jerusalem, he was killed there.

thanks to few like who can boldly stand up for Christianity and knows what the spirit teaches. I have encounter Christians who boldly told me Jesus Christ isn't the only way. Welcome to end time

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by holacorp(m): 11:50am On Jul 04, 2018
Individual development is a necessity for Objective thought. how 27 wives and igbo smoking wey many countries sef don legalize take affect the message wey Fela preach concerning Africa's development based on its socio-cultural terms and the struggle against oppression?.
alBHAGDADI:

4 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by OBAGADAFFI: 11:51am On Jul 04, 2018
samkleen:

I even know one of them who is now a Pastor

Pastor Keji Hamilton

Yes he is currency running a drug Rehab program for drug addicts.

No sane parent will allow their kids go near Fela.

Even Fela's brothers avoided him.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by ajl: 11:51am On Jul 04, 2018
FortifiedCity:
angry

This boy is a very foolish boy.

Because Fela is revered doesn't make less of an evil man. The only thing people probably admire him for was the peculiarity with which his Music spoke about relevant political and social issues.

Truth is not evil. Fela was given a mission on Earth by the Almighty and he kept to the mission. Forget the weed, and multiple wives. God who created him knew he was human, and of the flesh. But did he lied to collect money from anyone? Did he kill anyone? Did he defraud or took any man's wife? Or did he ask any married woman that he would put anointing oil in their private part to solve their problems?

He opened his doors to all, and most especially the poor and helpless. The world could say whatever they want but have the world done better. Take a look at his children and see how level headed they are. Those are his fruits, and they can be used to judge Fela. Truth is of the light. It will.always found it's way into the open. Unfortunately Fela was borne in a hypocritical society. But is that really unfortunate? Actually it is not. God put him exactly where he was needed. Thankfully, God is not human.

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 04, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

Giving freeze attention on social media, gives him multiple orgasm.

Well your aunty wasn't a true born again as you said
In christianity true born again dont judge, talkless of tagging someone evil.

All i could see here, as a child you were surrounded by stupid and useless people who talked recklessly and that has affected you alot, that's the reason you keep calling pastors all sort of names as your aunty once called Fela Evilshocked

As i have always said, you've expired long long long time ago, no matter how hard you try to be relevant, you wont be!

God bless Fela kuti

Bru ah ah ah

but ur not a true born again either because u just judged the aunty.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by holacorp(m): 11:54am On Jul 04, 2018
holacorp:
Individual development is a necessity for Objective thought. how 27 wives and igbo smoking wey many countries sef don legalize take affect the message wey Fela preach concerning Africa's development based on its socio-cultural terms and the struggle against oppression?. And where is your prove that he fought the government because of selfish interest, even if he was selfish how do you justify him not fighting a government that killed his mother?
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by asamaigho(m): 11:56am On Jul 04, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Harakiri..... Nice one
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by ajl: 11:56am On Jul 04, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Can you tell us which of his brothers avoided him. Pack of liars and hypocrites. No sane parents would refuse to take good care of their children that the helpless kids had to run away from home to find solace in another man's home.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by SoNature(m): 11:56am On Jul 04, 2018
Fela had no positive influence on the youths

But he will always be reminded for his hit songs and having the guts to challenge the military

Personally, I liked Fela because of his dance steps, songs and courage, but I know he made no positive impact on the youths

He mirrored everything our society abhors
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by holacorp(m): 11:56am On Jul 04, 2018
I [/quote]
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by Niyinficient(m): 11:56am On Jul 04, 2018
Talking from two sides of his mouth...

Confused Afonja.....

He is a Christian, yet consider Christianity as Foreign religion.....Sees Fela as his prophet, yet he never claim to believe in African religion just like Fela....I think Freeze is losing his senses o.

Oga Fela never believed in Islam or Christianity, he believed his African gods, so if you claim he is your prophet....dont claim to be a christian, claim an ifa or sango or amadioha follower.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by nwakaibeya1: 11:57am On Jul 04, 2018
Daddy freeze always talking out of point daady freeze is not known to Jesus Christ and talking about your aunt she may be right in her understanding of evil and you if I say you daddy freeze us evil I have my reasons which is highly spiritual and you can't understand

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by holacorp(m): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2018
grin
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by wisestfool1759(m): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2018
We will never learn in this part of the world....

Bitter truth,

Freeze ride on.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by babajay4real(m): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2018
I can't imagine this MUMU freeze saying this nonsense
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by honey001(m): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

God bless you Sir/Ma.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by kelzgie: 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

hmm... nice. you must be a nice Christian.
in the last days.. perilous times shall come.....as Christians, it's time to stay strong.. Cos false teachers are here already... God help us...

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by alBHAGDADI: 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
holacorp:
Individual development is a necessity for Objective thought. how 27 wives and igbo smoking wey many countries sef don legalize take affect the message wey Fela preach concerning Africa's development based on its socio-cultural terms and the struggle against oppression?.
Pls read my post very well to understand.

Freeze was saying that Fela is better than Christianity which foreigners passed unto us. That is clearly wrong. Christianity has prevent many people from exercising evil thoughts or even holding them. It has brought lots of good today. What has Fela done to benefit you and me other than talk, same talk political activists have been doing before he was born? His music has influenced many youths to smoke weed and engage in hard drugs. Yet you believe Freeze is right by placing him above not just any religion but Christianity.

use your head.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by samkleen(m): 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Pastor Keji Hamilton

As much as I love Freeze's stance against placing religion over responsibility.

I am not in support of his POV on this.

Should we call mad men seeing visions prophets as well?

The old testament gave a clearer picture of what Prophet really is

I think the word prophet is already being abused lately.

Seeing visions or predictions doesn't in anyway depict prophecy.

Relationship of Moses, Samuel, Deborah with God should be standard for calling an individual prophet.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by madjune(m): 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2018
I don't think that your aunt was wrong o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Steps Out In Purple Hair / Nathaniel Bassey's Funny Childhood Christmas Story (Photo) / Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.