Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" (18565 Views)

Hushpuppi To Daddy Freeze: My Driver Earns As Much As A Commissioner In Nigeria / Daddy Freeze: My Wedding To Opeyemi, My Ex-Wife Was A Big Mistake / Daddy Freeze: My Ex-wife Opeyemi Olarinde Has Run Out Of Country With My Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by tintingz(m): 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
I think Daddy freeze is kind of Agnostic or deist but still disguising as a Christian for some personal reasons and interest.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by Paradigm777: 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

If people had taken Fela seriously, many will be married to 27 wives. Fela made it seem like smoking Igbo was cool. Many have ended up in psychatric hospital due to his influence. Yes, he did say some sensible things, but people who do not understand Nigeria's politics will be quick to think he was totally fighting for the masses. His attack on the government was mostly fueled by the fact that his mother was schemed out of things in government. In Nigeria, once you are schemed out of things, you suddenly take sides with the masses against those that have power in government. Examples are Reno Omokri and FFK. Though I like how they attack this Jihadist government, but where was their voice in support of the masses when they were in power then? Now that they are out, they now remember that the masses are suffering and should be helped.

First, Fela was no prophet and there was nothing visibly sanctity about him. The man was a polygamist who smoked weed a lot. No sensible parent with the fear of God will wish their child to be like Fela. Just take a look at how Freeze boldly stepped on a religion he claims to be upholding while he glorifies Fela.

While I understand that there are false teachings and false teachers which Freeze is clearly one of, I do not subscribe to the throwing away of the materials he listed because many of them are true teachings. The false teacher called Freeze is even recommending Fela's music as substitute for those materials. He has clearly gone mad.

There is no such thing as Jewish Christianity. Christianity is not of tribe but of spirit. If at all there is a thing called Jewish Christianity according to Freeze, then it is the type that tells people to throw away Christian materials and replace them with Fela's music that inspires igbo smoking. Mind you Freeze, Jesus didn't come from Jerusalem, he was killed there.

Keep listening to Freeze at your own peril.

I said I won't comment on naira land again but ur write up caught my attention. God bless you sir

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by holluphemydavid(m): 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2018
Freeze social media attention seeker at it again
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by SheikhMuniru(m): 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
WHICH FELA, IS IT THE SAME FELA KUTI OR WHO?
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by ajl: 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
So, who would make heaven among Fela and our present day pastors.

Is it one who was born rich but who choose to live poor. Is it one who fought and suffered against oppression even when he did not have to or one who choose to remain on the side of oppressors and pilferers. Is it one who opened his doors to the helpless and poor or one who closed his doors against the poor even after using their money to build the structures. Or is it one who treat all equally with no respect for their worldly accumulations or one who reserved special seats at the fore for only the rich and privilege, including fraudsters and the corrupt, and who knowingly dined and wined with the corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by MENELIK11: 12:09pm On Jul 04, 2018
Niyinficient:
Talking from two sides of his mouth...

Confused Afonja.....

He is a Christian, yet consider Christianity as Foreign religion.....Sees Fela as his prophet, yet he never claim to believe in African religion just like Fela....I think Freeze is losing his senses o.

Oga Fela never believed in Islam or Christianity, he believed his African gods, so if you claim he is your prophet....dont claim to be a christian, claim an ifa or sango or amadioha follower.

Pained Osu, how is your comment related to the topic
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by aribisala0(m): 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

If people had taken Fela seriously, many will be married to 27 wives. Fela made it seem like smoking Igbo was cool. Many have ended up in psychatric hospital due to his influence.
People end up in pychiiatric hospital because of smoking Igbo?? Do you have any data?
e.g if 1000 people smoke Igbo every day how many will end up in a psychiatric hospital. If a person drinks alcohol everyday how many end up in a psychiatric hospital?

Is it the case that people with psychiatric problems who have no access to health care turn to alcohol or cannabis as "self-medication" ??
It may be OK for a doctor to drink a 2 bottles of Guinness at night. If he drinks the same first thing in the morning every morning before work then there is a problem and the problem is not Guinness.

That view is no longer held by mainstream medicine. Cannabis is a drug which can cause problems if misused. Just like alcohol.

A lot more people end up in hospital or prison from alcohol use than from cannabis.
Driving a car is cool yet thousands of people die every year from cars? Does that make cars evil?

Many people die from knves every year does that make knives evil?

I do not think so it all comes down to the operator.

Yes, he did say some sensible things, but people who do not understand Nigeria's politics will be quick to think he was totally fighting for the masses. His attack on the government was mostly fueled by the fact that his mother was schemed out of things in government.

His mother schemed out of government? This immediately makes me question your age. I doubt if you were around in his lifetime.

Fela's mother was born in 1900. She was born before Awo or Zik and she died in 1978 at 78 years of age. Which government was she schemed out of and at what age. She was killed by a military government( obasanjo) in 1978. The Military had been in power for 12 years. What business does a 78 year old woman have in a military government? Was she ever in a political party before the military took over?

Also can you tell us which album it was that marked the beginning of Fela's anger with government?

In Nigeria, once you are schemed out of things, you suddenly take sides with the masses against those that have power in government. Examples are Reno Omokri and FFK. Though I like how they attack this Jihadist government, but where was their voice in support of the masses when they were in power then? Now that they are out, they now remember that the masses are suffering and should be helped.
So Fela and Reno Omokri are in the same category? Do you know how many times Fela was arrested and beaten by soldiers?

First, Fela was no prophet and there was nothing visibly sanctity about him. The man was a polygamist who smoked weed a lot. No sensible parent with the fear of God will wish their child to be like Fela. Just take a look at how Freeze boldly stepped on a religion he claims to be upholding while he glorifies Fela.

Most Nigerians are polygamist ,if you do not know this then you are livng in a bubble? So polygamists cannot be prophets? Even your Bible has a few of those

While I understand that there are false teachings and false teachers which Freeze is clearly one of, I do not subscribe to the throwing away of the materials he listed because many of them are true teachings. The false teacher called Freeze is even recommending Fela's music as substitute for those materials. He has clearly gone mad.

There is no such thing as Jewish Christianity. Christianity is not of tribe but of spirit. If at all there is a thing called Jewish Christianity according to Freeze, then it is the type that tells people to throw away Christian materials and replace them with Fela's music that inspires igbo smoking. Mind you Freeze, Jesus didn't come from Jerusalem, he was killed there.

It is clear you have very strong opinions even though they are based on prejudice rather than fact

Once again the reason I question your age is if you were around during his lifetime or even listen to his song you will see how prophetic he was though being prophetic is nothing religious in this context. It is a simple and ordinary meaning of the English word meaning "predicting what will happen in the future".

If I predict accurately the World Cup finalists and the result then that is prophetic . It does not imply anthing spiritual or religious. Simple English

In summary you are a bigot and a verry ignorant one at that
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by ajl: 12:19pm On Jul 04, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Pls read my post very well to understand.

Freeze was saying that Fela is better than Christianity which foreigners passed unto us. That is clearly wrong. Christianity has prevent many people from exercising evil thoughts or even holding them. It has brought lots of good today. What has Fela done to benefit you and me other than talk, same talk political activists have been doing before he was born? His music has influenced many youths to smoke weed and engage in hard drugs. Yet you believe Freeze is right by placing him above not just any religion but Christianity.

use your head.

You need a lot of help. Start by reading some history books that will open your eyes.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by ArcGibson(m): 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
grin grin Freeze is running mad gradually, unknownly to us

I have said it those pastors you ruined their businessess will come for you.

You people have not seen chonchi
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by oluwaahmed: 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
jpmoriarti:
DF is a prophet of our time, sent by God to redeem Nigeria from self-inflicted diseases. Help has come from unlikeliest of sources. It is normal that people who are used to the old and diseased system will find it hard to move out of it, hence the attacks he's receiving. Yes, Christianity is from the Jew not from Europe and God is not a Christian neither was Jesus.

My problem with freeze is he stands nowhere. He contradicts his statement freely and without shame. Lemme give u an example;
Now that I’m older, I have come to realize that he was a prophet sent to us by God himself. Which god/God is freeze talking about? We all know that fela did not worship Allah, Yahweh or Jesus but he worshiped the gods of his ancestors.

Today, reflecting upon my aunts words, I come to the realization that she was the evil one, selling the religion of our colonial masters as ‘good’ while destroying the sanctity of our own prophets.
I’m a Christian, a born again Christian and a teacher of Christianity, the real Jewish Christianity, not the British version my colleagues teach, as Jesus did not come from ‘Jand’, he came from Jerusalem!
This statement is highly contradictory bcoz nowhere was it taught that Jesus came from 'jand' in the Bible weather by white men or jews(whom are even white men).
Also if he claims to be a Jewish Christian it means he believes that Yah is the only true God and Yashua is he son. And Yah's prophets serve only Yah, and we know from the bible that Yah is not a fan of oda gods & their prophet (he had Elijah execute 458 prophets of baal) so what is freeze saying
I strongly believe freeze is on drugs or just a confussionist.

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by ollah2: 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2018
Leonbonapart:
thanks to few like who can boldly stand up for Christianity and knows what the spirit teaches. I have encounter Christians who boldly told me Jesus Christ isn't the only way. Welcome to end time

So you believe Jesus Christ is the only way? God must be a christian and the heaven must be made for Christians alone. The way and manner you guys think ehnn
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by Niyinficient(m): 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
MENELIK11:

Pained Osu, how is your comment related to the topic

People like you...the bane of progress in this country. If what i have written is too complex and complicated for you to comprehend, do have a good day.

by the way i am a #FullBloodedAfonja
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by africanusvu(m): 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
Wat made u tink he is nw a saint freeze?
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by sshyne(m): 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2018
Leonbonapart:
thanks to few like who can boldly stand up for Christianity and knows what the spirit teaches. I have encounter Christians who boldly told me Jesus Christ isn't the only way. Welcome to end time

Why are you fooling yourself? Because you were thought that Jesus is the only way?
What if you were born into a Hindu, Buddhist, or Muslim family, you would also say a different thing. So please just shut up.

Do you know what the spirit teaches? Because your pastor thought you somethings then you call it spirit.

Am really tired of arguing with people that their brains are in chains but I just have to reply you.

Daddy freeze as being attacking this pastors on what they teach. He broke down the bible according to what is written there. Everything he talked about he gave it several biblical backing. non or your GOs was able to respond, the only thing they could do is attack is person, that alone should be enough for you to think and search the scriptures yourself.

We will all die one day but it will be painful if we all die a fool. WAKE UP AND TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR BRAINS
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by Papyk: 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

Giving freeze attention on social media, gives him multiple orgasm.

Well your aunty wasn't a true born again as you said
In christianity true born again dont judge, talkless of tagging someone evil.

All i could see here, as a child you were surrounded by stupid and useless people who talked recklessly and that has affected you alot, that's the reason you keep calling pastors all sort of names as your aunty once called Fela Evilshocked

As i have always said, you've expired long long long time ago, no matter how hard you try to be relevant, you wont be!
I know you a pastor or a child of a pastor, Stop judging the messengers ( Fela and Daddy freeze ) Just listen to their messages. Our country
Nigeria has the highest number of churches, have the richest pastors in the world and yet, its most corrupt, one of the most poorest nation
on earth. This is what this two gentlemen are preaching to you. One is dead and one is still alive, Daddy freeze is God sent and he not be expire
and also like i always tell people, GOD does not use perfect people for his work and that is why he is GOD

God bless Fela kuti
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by Emilokoiyawon: 1:23pm On Jul 04, 2018
Fela is a billion times greater than all the pastors, imams, prophets, emirs, 'men of god' etc. both living and dead put together.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by Boss13: 1:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

If people had taken Fela seriously, many will be married to 27 wives. Fela made it seem like smoking Igbo was cool. Many have ended up in psychatric hospital due to his influence. Yes, he did say some sensible things, but people who do not understand Nigeria's politics will be quick to think he was totally fighting for the masses. His attack on the government was mostly fueled by the fact that his mother was schemed out of things in government. In Nigeria, once you are schemed out of things, you suddenly take sides with the masses against those that have power in government. Examples are Reno Omokri and FFK. Though I like how they attack this Jihadist government, but where was their voice in support of the masses when they were in power then? Now that they are out, they now remember that the masses are suffering and should be helped.

Who told you Cannabis is bad - your Bible or the West? Who told you Polygamy is bad - your Bible or the West? If you answer otherwise, then Freeze is right. Cannabis has been used by human prior before Christianity. Would it shock you to know that Beer was also condemned by the West just like Cannabis and as I respond to you more western countries are legalizing it’s usage and that’s after they have acquired the technology to grow the plant, which is actually a plant specimen that grows easily in tropical climates.

I do not need to draw your attention to polygamy practices; you can look at your Bible to see so many evidences of it being practiced. Also, polygamy is not a crime in Africa. It is part of our culture.

Who is a Prophet? Would you ignore the messages Fela preached about in his music? Are they not still living with us till date? A prophet is one who tells you the TRUTH! Fela is one. Maybe you were too young during his time. All over the world, Fela is being revered even after his death. Fela changed influenced his world and he was a thought leader. You may not like his lifestyle because it seems extreme, but he played an important role during his lifetime.

I would also recommend Fela’s music to those teachings. Nigerian pastors are Fraudsters and money coons. They contribute to the destruction of the country. Selling false hope and cashing out.

According to the Bible, Jesus was a narazene from Nazareth. However, archeologists continue to debunk such narratives. Hence, we cannot yet conclude where Jesus was actually from rather than accept what the Bible says. Nonetheless, Jesus was a Jew because that was the official religion at the time and there was biblical evidence that he went and reached in the Jewish temple. Even Jesus said in the Bible that his message was for the lost Jewish souls.

Please go and learn more about your religion before you open your mouth. There are evidences of western imprint and footprints on the Christianity you practice today. I don’t need to list examples for you. Use google and you would see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by Emilokoiyawon: 1:27pm On Jul 04, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Afonja albino short up
Ur aunty is currect
God proof her right because Fela died of AiDS.
So HIS EVIL.
and is celebrated because he is yoruba

So dying of AIDS equals been evil? What kinda logic is this?
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by Mariangeles(f): 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

May God Almighty bless, bless, bless you immensely and God continue to fill you with inspirational words to enlighten the feebleminded in this end time...in Jesus name Amen!
I couldn't have commented better...

4 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by oruma19: 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
IME1:
So
I'll give a robust reply to this later
Or create a thread on this
Meanwhile free the people from the freer of the sheeple, a sheep must have a shepherd or else it will be vulnerable.
The only thing you pray for is to have a true shepherd not an hireling. But if you don't want leadership, guidance or fellow-pilgrims in your life
You'll be like the sheep who wants to face the Wolf without claws or horns or venom. undecided
I fear people who promise robust replies o. #biodunfatoyinbo... False prophets in suits...lolz
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by OBAGADAFFI: 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
samkleen:

As much as I love Freeze's stance against placing religion over responsibility.

I am not in support of his POV on this.

Should we call mad men seeing visions prophets as well?

The old testament gave a clearer picture of what Prophet really is

I think the word prophet is already being abused lately.

Seeing visions or predictions doesn't in anyway depict prophecy.

Relationship of Moses, Samuel, Deborah with God should be standard for calling an individual prophet.

It they called Fela a Prophet

What will they Call Majek Fashek, Bob Marley and Lucky Dube.

We can all see what Majek Fashek became.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by covenantchildd: 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2018
preator007:
[color=#000099][/color]please keep your unsolicited opinion to your self FREEZE has spoken the heavenly truth

Common snse no common for u
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by Olabenjamen22(m): 2:21pm On Jul 04, 2018
ollah2:

So you believe Jesus Christ is the only way? God must be a christian and the heaven must be made for Christians alone. The way and manner you guys think ehnn

You again, the way you reason is alarming. Smh

So is Allah a Muslim because Islam believe that anyone that's not a Muslim and he didn't worship there Allah won't make heaven.

And yes heaven is made for those that accept Jesus as only true way. So argue with your ancestor.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by WotzupNG: 2:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
ollah2:

Which other prophet opened his mouth to tell you that he is the way? Which of them proved it like Jesus did?

Answers those two questions.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by jpmoriarti(m): 2:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
oluwaahmed:

My problem with freeze is he stands nowhere. He contradicts his statement freely and without shame. Lemme give u an example;
Now that I’m older, I have come to realize that he was a prophet sent to us by God himself. Which god/God is freeze talking about? We all know that fela did not worship Allah, Yahweh or Jesus but he worshiped the gods of his ancestors.

Today, reflecting upon my aunts words, I come to the realization that she was the evil one, selling the religion of our colonial masters as ‘good’ while destroying the sanctity of our own prophets.
I’m a Christian, a born again Christian and a teacher of Christianity, the real Jewish Christianity, not the British version my colleagues teach, as Jesus did not come from ‘Jand’, he came from Jerusalem!
This statement is highly contradictory bcoz nowhere was it taught that Jesus came from 'jand' in the Bible weather by white men or jews(whom are even white men).
Also if he claims to be a Jewish Christian it means he believes that Yah is the only true God and Yashua is he son. And Yah's prophets serve only Yah, and we know from the bible that Yah is not a fan of oda gods & their prophet (he had Elijah execute 458 prophets of baal) so what is freeze saying
I strongly believe freeze is on drugs or just a confussionist.
In the bible, God revealed to Pharoah, an idol worshipper, that there will be famine in the world for seven years. God can choose to reveal himself to whosoever that he pleases. Pharoah does not believe in God, or at least the God we claim we know, yet God still revealed himself to him. Your issue is that you think God is a one-dimensional like us human being. You dont know God. Daddy Freeze is very correct. If God can reveal himself to Pharoah, why cant he reveal himself or his message to Fela?? You are the one that is confused here. Freeze is on point 100%
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
Can we just kill religion already? It has served its purpose and therefore now obsolete.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by ollah2: 2:55pm On Jul 04, 2018
WotzupNG:
Which other prophet opened his mouth to tell you that he is the way? Which of them proved it like Jesus did?

Answers those two questions.

What are the proves that "he opened his mouth and proved it"?
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by ollah2: 2:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

You again, the way you reason is alarming. Smh

So is Allah a Muslim because Islam believe that anyone that's not a Muslim and he didn't worship there Allah won't make heaven.

And yes heaven is made for those that accept Jesus as only true way. So argue with your ancestor.

I never stated Allah is a Muslim. Hell yes, Islam said that the same way Christianity said same thing which ultimately makes both faiths complete nonsense. Your reasoning is myopic, you feel when you are criticized then you would the other way thinking you are making sense.

Our ancestors don't believe the hogwash from middle East and some are in heaven(If it exists)
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by nayosman: 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2018
Daddy Freeze was very correct.Fela remains the only prophet I know so far......
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by godliman: 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
it looks like this guy has sold his sold to the devil I dont know for how much
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Keep deceiving urself, wats bad in polygamy? Some of ur christian patriarchs & prophets practiced polygamy in d bible- so u see dat u r d foolish one here.
Moreover which one is more dangerous between weed & cigarette or weed & alcohol. Ignorant folks everywhere in Nigeria - mental slavery is real(u r an example)
Re: Daddy Freeze: "My Born Again Aunt Told Me That Fela Was Evil" by WotzupNG: 4:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
ollah2:

What are the proves that "he opened his mouth and proved it"?
He said in the below Bible verse and also raised the dead among many other miracles.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Name any other prophet who made similar statement or even did the kind of Miracles Jesus did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nathaniel Bassey's Funny Childhood Christmas Story (Photo) / Tonto Dikeh Steps Out In Purple Hair / Thank God Entertainers Lost Their Primaries- Etcetera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.