Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Nairaland Writer Continues Schools' Literary Tour - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Writer Continues Schools' Literary Tour (299 Views)

Chinua Achebe Literary Festival To Hold In Awka / Literary appreciation of stories you read on Nairaland / List Of Nigerian Literary Blogs / Sites You Can Submit Your Works For Free. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Writer Continues Schools' Literary Tour by Badirukehinde(m): 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
One of the students asked, "but your friends are looking for jobs and getting married, why are you doing this?" I replied, "those will come, but this has to be done. Helping some of you discover your writing careers is my heartbeat..."

Thanks to Ona-Ara, Bodija, Iwo Road & the entire Ibadan community for having "Write Now". We had over 200 students trained in Creative writing.

They wanted us to stay but we had to leave them, with hope and positive words. I also gave one of them (my bestie) my personal pen.

Thanks to all who supported our Ibadan literary tour. It is our desire to promote Nigerian Literature(s) and the reading culture in Nigeria. To one of our fellows, Ogundepo Olufisayo Simon who served as our tour guide and co-facilitator amongst many other others, thank you.

NB: WriteNow is self-sponsored, and not a proft-making organization.

Find out about the NGO, "Write Now" facebook.com/writenowinitiative

Support|Empower|Sponsor|Fund us
Call +2348135359053
e-mail: Badirukehinde@gmail.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ngugi Wa Thiong’o Leads The Alternative Nobel Prize Longlist / Children's Stories Writer Needed / The Blind Alley - Episode 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.