Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,760 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' (36461 Views)

Calabar: Police Intervene As Man Loses Penis, Testicles After Handshake / Kidnappers Hideout Raided In Rivers,3 Rescued, 2 Human Skulls Recovered (Photos) / 2 Men With 2 Human Wrists Arrested By Ogun State Police (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by henrixx(m): 11:47am On Jul 05, 2018
Hmmm. Na wa
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by 9japarrot: 11:47am On Jul 05, 2018
They better free this man joor, as far he has his license intact I see no case here..

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by Emassive(m): 11:49am On Jul 05, 2018
True... why did they arrest him knowing well it's not in their DNA to carry human skull from that region
....lol..
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by oodua1stson: 11:49am On Jul 05, 2018
post=69094528:
I am a herbalist and I heal people of different sickness. I have my license to operate as a herbalist. 

Oh really?
I wonder if they pay their tax too!
do your fraudster pastors and imams pay?

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by jibs4lv(m): 11:50am On Jul 05, 2018
Thank God not here, the idiots wud v been crying Afon.... tongue by now grin
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by Afonja007: 11:51am On Jul 05, 2018
Afonjas will be jealous of this calabar man anyways afonjas you people don't ve monopoly over skill mining business allow calabar man and abokkis to enjoy the business too since igbos only deal on drugs undecided undecided undecided angry
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by LadyJasper: 11:52am On Jul 05, 2018
pyyxxaro:
Calabar Amaka oh cool
Who are these people?
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by EbiKeys(m): 11:53am On Jul 05, 2018
Issoriye
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by LadyJasper: 11:54am On Jul 05, 2018
kallmemrB:
The Person above me just asked a reasonable question cos I honestly don't think the Court have any tangible case against him.....We need to know the constitutional stand on Traditional Cases....

Let's leave religion out of this and think as a logical human being
You really need to know what the constitution says about traditional cases when we can see human skulls involved? Wow!
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by HomeOfMe(f): 11:54am On Jul 05, 2018
overambitious:
Dailytatafo.com

The commissioner of police in the state, Hafiz Mohammed Inuwa, confirmed that the Anti-Cultism/kidnapping Squad of the command recovered the two human heads from Otu Edem Bassey, 30, in Calabar.

He said police operatives swooped on Bassey and his gang when they were preparing some rituals for their outing. He said Bassey was picked up at his No. 12b Etim Edem Street residence in Calabar, while others took to their heels. .

He said charms and other items used for incantation were also recovered, adding that the suspect would soon be charged to court when investigation is completed.

Speaking to reporters, the suspect accused the police of arresting him and claimed that he was a traditional healer. “The skulls were given to me by my late father to continue with the traditional medicines which he used to practice to cure people. .

I am a herbalist and I heal people of different sickness. I have my license to operate as a herbalist. Somebody ran in front of my house and the Police came to my house to arrest me. .

They have no right because I have been using these skulls for my jobs since my father left it for me some eight years ago,” Bassey said.

http://dailytatafo.com/police-have-no-right-to-arrest-me-man-caught-with-2-skulls/
Shut up you human eclipse! Can u imagine what's coming out of his mouth. All ritualists who deal on human parts including those who patronize them can all relocate to Cotonou. There it's almost legal,their major religion is voodoo and they do it openly. I learned there is a market or even more than one where they openly sell human skull and other parts for their rituals,govt don't disturb them. Y'all can relocate there.
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by felo812000(m): 11:55am On Jul 05, 2018
Dated ko courtship ni grin
Mynd44:

Technically, he can't be charged for murder as the skulls can be dated and there really isn't any evidence he killed the owners.

He can be charged for grave robbery which is a misdemeanor

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by Arysexy(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2018
Afonja skull mining don enter Calabar ni?
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2018
GavelSlam:
What does the law accommodate as regards traditional medicine?
I'm sure the law does not accommodate wasting human lives in the name of traditional healing. ThR guy was caught with human skulls for goodness sake! There is no law that justified using human skulls for healing.
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
this story is unbelievable....
Skull minning is only seen at one section of Nigeria
moreover Nigeria police can't be trusted these days.

2 Likes

Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by Truckpusher(m): 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2018
kallmemrB:
The Person above me just asked a reasonable question cos I honestly don't think the Court have any tangible case against him.....We need to know the constitutional stand on Traditional Cases....

Let's leave religion out of this and think as a logical human being
Of course you have vague constitution that can be interpreted by just any attorney that knows how to screw the law.

If he's a licensed herbalist I can assure you that nothing will touch him as long as he can prove that he gained access to those skulls with the consent of whoever that is related to the diseased that own those skulls and conducting a DNA profiling on those skulls is where the case will die in court. Our police can't push that far.

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by Sanchez01: 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
Redoil:
come to the market in ajegunle apapa where herbs are sold you will cringe with fear
Those are likely Monkey heads and not human heads.
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by SheikhMuniru(m): 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2018
LET'S ASSUMING YOU'RE GIVEN OPPORTUNITY TO RUN YOUR IPOB COUNTRY SHEY THIS IS HOW YOU GO DEY RUN AM, IGBO WITH EVIL ACTS, CHAII... I PITY UNA

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by GavelSlam: 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
Vickygarl:

I'm sure the law does not accommodate wasting human lives in the name of traditional healing. ThR guy was caught with human skulls for goodness sake! There is no law that justified using human skulls for healing.

And you are sure he had to kill someone to access the skulls?

What about medical students and cadavers?
Did the students kill the people to obtain their specimen?

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2018
Truckpusher:
Of course you have vague constitution that can be interpreted by just any attorney that knows how to screw the law.

If he's a licensed herbalist I can assure you that nothing will touch him as long as he can prove that he gained access to those skulls with the consent of whoever that is related to the diseased that own those skulls and conducting a DNA profiling on those skulls is where the case will die in court. Our police can't push that far.
Na lie jor. Your relatives cannot sell your skull and go free. I dont think he has the right to own human skulls, inherited or not.
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by ALAYORMII: 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2018
GavelSlam:
What does the law accommodate as regards traditional medicine?

I don't think any law will accommodate possession of human skull for whatever reason(s)
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2018
GavelSlam:

And you are sure he had to kill someone to access the skulls?

What about medical students and cadavers?
Did the students kill the people to obtain their specimen?
The cadavers used by medical students are got legally and are required for them to learn. Moreover, these cadavers will always be found in cadaver rooms, not in the students' rooms. Even when parts like vertebra and other bones have to be taken out, a signed consent is required stating the number of bones being taken out and such student is required to return them back unfailingly. These days, artificial models of human body parts are common.
Of what use exactly are the skulls to the so-called traditional healer?
Whether he had to kill someone or not, the fact remains that he has to explain how he came about the skull.
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by maxnedu11(m): 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
Redoil:
come to the market in ajegunle apapa where herbs are sold you will cringe with fear
Boundary market, I use to dread that line of the market both vulture, tortoise, crocodile skin, alligator, owl and every terrifying stuff is hanging there ready to be sold.
Years after I still have that terrible picture in my head
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by frankdoz22: 12:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
Why are afonjas in business of skull mining? Just last week one of them was caught in ogbomosho concentration camp with dozens of skull.

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by GavelSlam: 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
ALAYORMII:

I don't think any law will accommodate possession of human skull for whatever reason(s)

If Cadavers can be possessed by qualified practitioners same privilege should be given to licenced traditionalists.

It should only be an issue in the case of theft or murder.
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by milemimi93(m): 12:38pm On Jul 05, 2018
What's the evidence that this man killed those two people or has killed anyone before?

It might be true that his father gave him the skulls to practice his herbal healing.

Police should go and arrest herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by enigmang: 12:39pm On Jul 05, 2018
You'd be surprised... Medical students/Cadavers?, he claims to be a licensed 'native' doctor. A
ALAYORMII:

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by iamuye(m): 12:41pm On Jul 05, 2018
The commissioner of police in the state, Hafiz Mohammed Inuwa, confirmed that the Anti-Cultism/kidnapping Squad of the command recovered the two human heads from Otu Edem Bassey, 30, in Calabar.

they said they "recovered two human heads", are they going to return it to their respective owners?
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by puccyforker: 12:42pm On Jul 05, 2018
oshe11:
Only a FULANI MAN has that RIGHT, so na OYO be him case

You dey pay TAX for your BBQ?
you mean oke lie o nwua bbq?

cc
grin

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by emperorblog(m): 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2018
STORIES YOU WILL LOVE FULL EPISODE

GOD KNOWS TOMMOROW www.emperorblog.com.ng/?s=god+knows+tomorrow
THE ENEMY WITHIN www.emperorblog.com.ng/?s=the+enemy+within

THE WEDDING CONTRACT www.emperorblog.com.ng/?s=the+wedding+contract
CONTACT ME FOR,YOUR PROFESSIONAL WEB DESIGN
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by khalids: 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2018
Nbote:
Nigerian Police dat arrests ppl for jus looking suspicious and U ask why dey arrested U for being in possession of skulls...

Police that arrest people for "WANDERING AND THINKING NONSENSE IN THE MIND" grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Caught With 2 Human Skulls In Calabar: 'Police Have No Right To Arrest Me' by Fraust40(m): 12:51pm On Jul 05, 2018
Mynd44:

Technically, he can't be charged for murder as the skulls can be dated and there really isn't any evidence he killed the owners.

He can be charged for grave robbery which is a misdemeanor

Well, yes he can. The prosecution’s case will be weak though...so weak that conviction will almost certainly evade them. They can’t prove he robbed any grave, he clearly states his father gave them to him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kidnappers Caught With Dead Bodies In Takum LG Chairman's Car In Taraba (Graphic / Shooting In South Africa As Tanzanian Drug Dealer Kills Taxi Driver (Photos) / Man Loses Land, Millions To Trusted Friends (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.