Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Men With Gum Disease Likely To Have Erectile Dysfunction - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Men With Gum Disease Likely To Have Erectile Dysfunction (736 Views)

My Girlfriends Have Left Me Because I Have Erectile Dysfunction / I Have Erectile Dysfunction And Its Really Affecting My Relationship. / Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Men With Gum Disease Likely To Have Erectile Dysfunction by Kweenuwa: 7:55am On Jul 05, 2018
Men with gum disease likely to have erectile dysfunction according to new research.

The first research to be done, scientists at the University of Granada in Spain , say both conditions are linked to the same protein made in the liver.

The study

Researchers studied 158 men aged between 23 and 69, 80 of whom had erectile dysfunction, and compared rates of gum disease with the sexual problem.

And results show having gum disease, known as chronic periodontisis, gives men a 2.17 times higher chance of having erection problems.

This is a bigger factor than whether the men have diabetes or heart disease, according to the study.

Researchers found the same link in the other direction: almost three quarters of men – 74 per cent – who already have trouble in the bedroom also have gum disease.

Gum Disease

Gum disease – periodontisis – is when the tissues supporting the teeth swell and become sore or infected because of a build-up of bacteria in the mouth.

Finding blood on your toothbrush or in the toothpaste you spit out after brushing is a common symptom of the condition.

Your gums could also bleed when you eat, leaving a bad taste and odour in your mouth.

In reponse to the study, dental charity the Oral Health Foundation says the benefits of taking better care of your gums extend beyond just having a healthy mouth.

Its CEO Dr Nigel Carter said: 'As startling as these findings may be, it may turn out to be a wake-up call for men to start paying greater attention to their oral health, particularly their gums.

'In recent years, gum disease has been linked with conditions like diabetes, stroke and heart disease.

Erectile dysfunction is also a common condition and affects most men occasionally, although in some it may become a chronic problem which needs addressing.

http://medfort.com.ng/men-with-gum-disease-likely-to-have-erectile-dysfunction/

Re: Men With Gum Disease Likely To Have Erectile Dysfunction by hisgrace090: 8:05am On Jul 05, 2018
Better to be informed than deformed.

Thank you!
Re: Men With Gum Disease Likely To Have Erectile Dysfunction by weyreypey: 8:09am On Jul 05, 2018
I see pocochantas ishilove checking men's gums out. And to all nairaland females if your gums are not topnotch resist quoting me... Cc oyindidi evabilizin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

(only Medical Doctor Should Come In) / Outbreak Of A Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Hits Edo State. / I Cant Believe I Finally Got Cured From HIV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.