Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:09 AM

After The New Car. What Next - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / After The New Car. What Next (2187 Views)

Hissing Sound Wen Steering My Car; What's Wrong / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Buy Used Car Rather Than Buying A New Car? / Samuel Eto'o Shows Off His New Car Worth Millions Of Dollars - Bugatti Veyron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After The New Car. What Next by letustalk(m): 1:20pm On Jun 09, 2010
Hi guys, a friend wants guidance on what she needs to do after acquiring a new car. Her uncle is bringing it in from cotonou for her but has told her she would do everyother things. I know one of the first things will be to get a plate number and probably register the car. (not sure) Pls any hints on the steps to be followed before she starts driving on Nigerian roads?
Re: After The New Car. What Next by chelseabmw(m): 3:19pm On Jun 09, 2010
will be back to give u the requirements
Re: After The New Car. What Next by letustalk(m): 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2010
Alright thanks. I will be waiting
Re: After The New Car. What Next by femmy2010(m): 3:34pm On Jun 09, 2010
All she need do is have the car registered and all desired documentation required is given to her in addition to the plate number and then she/ start driving as long as she has a valid licence.call if you need help with the procurement.
Re: After The New Car. What Next by letustalk(m): 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2010
I appreciate your info femmy. I further have some questions: first is what office does she go in lagos to do that and does she have to go with the car to do the registration? last question is if you have to do all the registration, how many days will it take you to and what is the cost implication? please i need communication on this forum due to the participation of the public. thanks
Re: After The New Car. What Next by femmy2010(m): 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2010
She can walk into any licencing office and have that done.all she needs are the paper works that came with the vehicle.on it is written the engine and chasis number etc.if i am to do the registration i will take N25k to get all the needed paperwork.
Re: After The New Car. What Next by letustalk(m): 5:36pm On Jun 09, 2010
@FEMMY
If you were to do the registration for her how many day(s) will it take max and what is your best possible charge?
Re: After The New Car. What Next by eros(m): 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2010
chelseabmw:

will be back to give u the requirements

Still waiting for your contribution.

Hopefully, car go don arrive, registered and used for more than 5 years before you give your comment. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: After The New Car. What Next by femmy2010(m): 8:15pm On Jun 09, 2010
All documentation would be ready within 2 days and N24K seem a fair deal.
Re: After The New Car. What Next by chelseabmw(m): 1:55am On Jun 10, 2010
@eros
    what other contribution does your dumb backside head need from me?
Re: After The New Car. What Next by chelseabmw(m): 1:59am On Jun 10, 2010
@poster
hope u r satisfied with all the responses here?
Re: After The New Car. What Next by letustalk(m): 9:43am On Jun 10, 2010
@FEMMY
While the car is yet to arrive she nevertheless wants to know if you can do N20k; and i guess those are your contact numbers under your replies? Similarly, hope the registration will come with the following documents:

* Valid Vehicle Licence
* Proof of Ownership Certificate
* Allocation of Plate Number Form
* Weighing/Registration Receipt
* Valid MOT Certificate
* Valid Insurance Certificate
* Central Motor Registry Form (CMR)

Thanks i anticipate your reply

@CHELSEA
You did not have to slight back at eros. It will do no more credit in my eyes. However, the replies are as far as they go. Do you have any variation or better deal?
Re: After The New Car. What Next by letustalk(m): 1:59pm On Jun 10, 2010
@all
still waiting for any response
Re: After The New Car. What Next by EEL: 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2010
Is it a new car or a cotonue car. If its a new one, i am pretty sure once you do the registration, you are OK for the next two years. My car is over 18 months now and has never visited an auto shop except for servicing.
If its now cotonue car, you need to make sure all the instrumental cluster lights are perfectly in good condition. Once its OK, just be attentive to any funny behaviour your car might bring. With that, you are pretty OK
Re: After The New Car. What Next by letustalk(m): 5:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
@EEL
Thanks for your contribution but i dont think we quite get ourselves on registration. i mean registration to avoid the embarrassment of the law and not embarrassment from the vehicle. thanks anyway
Re: After The New Car. What Next by chelseabmw(m): 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
@letustalk
in as much as my master and brother fhemmmy has spoken who am i to say anything?

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Least Expensive Sedans (Pictures) / Ride From LAGOS To ABEOKUTA/OGUN For As Low As 800naira? / With 200k Can I Get A Golf 3 In Good Condition?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.