Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! (3702 Views)

Poll: Do You Think Nigeria Deserved To Win The Match

Yes: 28% (10 votes)
No: 71% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Adidas Officially Dumps Super Eagles Of Nigeria / Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by abstarr(m): 3:29pm On Mar 26, 2007
U CAN NEVA SATISFY NIGERIANS!!!! How can u expect vogts to climb mountains in his first match!!! Dont y'all kno that its betta for him to have a bad first game, thereby realising where some of the weaknesses lie, rather than hav a few good "first" matches, then fumble wen the competition starts proper!!! Look at England's Mclaren for instance, his first few games were good, so he thot all was well with his team. Now he's havin to go back to the drawing board at a crutial time in the Euro qualifiers!! Now is not the time for xperimenting with his side. Jus thank GOD that we got the three points, that's ALL THAT MATTERS!!! I'll take a bad game with three points over a very good game without winning anyday (ask arsenal)!!!!

Bottom line, allow berti to have 3 or 4 bad matches (without results oh) before trying to crucify him!! angry angry angry
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by texazzpete(m): 4:31pm On Mar 26, 2007
Nigerians can be foolish o! Every single one of us here knows those players and their weaknesses better than berti Vogts does. I mean, he picked many of our 'best' talent (Kanu, martins, mikel etc) and some of our terrible talent (okoronkwo). i prefer to think that its his advisers that encouraged him to pick these guys. Only a retard would start blaminghim now, we should even be happy because if he's as good as i think he is, okoronkwo will never play for Nigeria again.
also, is it his fault that our so called 'stars' always fail to perform? 6 out of 10 times, kanu, mikel, martins and utaka will play crap for Nigeria, no matter the formation or tactics used. Even osaze that you guys are hailing, you've forgotten that he played absolutely rubbish against Ghana.

stop trying to blame the white coach jo!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by LoverBwoy(m): 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2007
Mikel Obi the consistent twerp! the guy still wont make the falcon second XI wink

Osaze is the most technical player i have seen in a nigerian jersey!

Mikel obi should be playing for under 17 probably warming the bench there,
Anichebe,Mikel should still be with the U-23, i wonder why they dont allow them grow kmt
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by uzomaeze(m): 8:43pm On Mar 26, 2007
lipsrsealed tongue
texazzpete:

Nigerians can be foolish o! Every single one of us here knows those players and their weaknesses better than berti Vogts does. I mean, he picked many of our 'best' talent (Kanu, martins, mikel etc) and some of our terrible talent (okoronkwo). i prefer to think that its his advisers that encouraged him to pick these guys. Only a retard would start blaminghim now, we should even be happy because if he's as good as i think he is, okoronkwo will never play for Nigeria again.
also, is it his fault that our so called 'stars' always fail to perform? 6 out of 10 times, kanu, mikel, martins and utaka will play crap for Nigeria, no matter the formation or tactics used. Even osaze that you guys are hailing, you've forgotten that he played absolutely rubbish against Ghana.

stop trying to blame the white coach jo!
grin cheesy
LoverBwoy:

Mikel Obi the consistent twerp! the guy still wont make the falcon second XI wink

Osaze is the most technical player i have seen in a nigerian jersey!

Mikel obi should be playing for under 17 probably warming the bench there,
Anichebe,Mikel should still be with the You-23, i wonder why they don't allow them grow kmt
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by 9ja4eva: 9:33pm On Mar 26, 2007
Osaze plays his heart out for the country.I wonder what d likes of Taye Taiwo,Mikel,Olofinjana are doing in that team.We need to search leagues @ ome for more committed players.I dream of a day where this current Super Eagles squad will play with their hearts like Camerounians and Ghanaians do.Na wa oh,.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by dblock(m): 10:41pm On Mar 26, 2007
And the dude is half russian, nah wa oh shocked shocked shocked

while egoistic fools like Mikel are 100% Nigerian, yet they play as if they are American or something and the NFA begged them to play for Nigeria angry angry
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by sil(m): 10:54pm On Mar 26, 2007
The worst match Nigeria ever played.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by 9ja4eva: 3:03am On Mar 27, 2007
dblock:

And the dude is half russian, nah wa oh shocked shocked shocked

while egoistic fools like Mikel are 100% Nigerian, yet they play as if they are American or something and the NFA begged them to play for Nigeria angry angry

Yeah we cause it for ourselves.If d coaches have like 3 people for 1 position d likes of Mikel n co wldnt feature.Its nt deir fault oh na 9ja fault.Up Osaze.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by star01(m): 6:09am On Mar 27, 2007
breakin news-nigeria has been upgraded 4rm 69th position to 3rd world best team in d world
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by 9ja4eva: 6:10am On Mar 27, 2007
lmao.Indeed it cn happen.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by star01(m): 6:11am On Mar 27, 2007
TUNE ur tv 2 NTA CHannel 34
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by 9ja4eva: 6:12am On Mar 27, 2007
lol.my foot
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by star01(m): 6:13am On Mar 27, 2007
am freakin serious
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by 9ja4eva: 6:16am On Mar 27, 2007
Nt possible
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by nduaj(m): 9:53am On Mar 27, 2007
well, eagles suked, they play COMPLETE RUBBISH and they need to do better if they want to smell any prize in the nations cup next year. but sayin the we cheated the ugandans is not fair at all. if u listen closely, the whistle went offf before the ball was headed and ususally, when ever the referees whistel goes off, defenders usuallly dont bother stopping the ball. I heard the whistle clearly before the ball was nodded. The player fouled a defender in the air. (he push in the air) that was why the referee blew.
So did we play well? No. but to say we cheated is takin it too far. a beg show some love to the eagles ( i kno say them dey annoy us sometimes, but wetin dey do the heads of NFA people to carry dem go abeokuta? dem no see stadium for Surulere?) this is the kinnda trash that allowed angola draw with us 1 - 1 in kaduna (abi na kano) . these guys (eagles ) are used to playin on level fields. why on Gods green earth will they take the matches to places that would be a disadvantage to them. If Berti had fielded Enyinmba players, then no problem, at least the ABA boys are used to the kind of pitches we have in nigeria, but not our super eagles.
I don tire jare my hand dey pain me.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by LoverBwoy(m): 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2007
how many home based players played in the game?
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by akinwunmi(m): 6:45pm On Mar 27, 2007
OMG.see how u guyz bastardize ur country.I wonder wht ur all are gonna say if a foreigner walks in on you guyz sayn all this.Yes the game was bad ok,its just to tell you we have a long way to go.Think of PROBLEM HAS CHANGED NAME(PHCN) in Togo,wht about tht.

@ya all
I accept all you guyz have said, but don't you think its too much for you guyz to be throwin such weapon of mass destruction @ your country.Which ever way you see it we all are gonna affect and effect and change in Nigeria in many ways (not thru Politics,cos i hate it).

9ja 2 d core==>
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by kitaun(m): 7:09pm On Mar 27, 2007
why are you guys eulogizing Osaze at all? was he exceptional?

why blame Vogts when it was obvious those boys probably had their minds fixed on the after-party?

why should CAF not suspend or just sack that foolish ref?

why do we think we dont need Okocha anymore when its obvious Mikel just doesnt make the grade?

why did Okoronkwo play at all? was he initially brought into the team to be their hairdresser?

why didnt PHCN just take the light like the Togolese case so that. . . .?

why for Heaven's sake did we not feel Obagol's impact?

what happened to our usual boasts of we will wreck, demolish, castrate, finish, humilate them

what was Emeka Ezealla doing on the Nigerian bench?

what happened to PATRIOTISM?
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by Jaybaba(m): 8:32pm On Mar 27, 2007
The poor game play was purely a Vogts fault. How?
He changed all our tactics and tradition.
The result, a drab looking Super Eagles lacking any cohesion.

He should learn not to make such automatic changes.

Meanwhile, the players did not put in their best in terms of creativity.
Sometimes, the coach draws up everything but then, good players must be able to come up with more creativity when the other team counters all their tactics. That is where Mikel, Kanu and Obodo all failed. They could not inspire at all.

But this Vogts na wao. How can you play 4:5:1 in a 4:4:2 dominated country?
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by 9ja4eva: 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2007
kitaun:

why are you guys eulogizing Osaze at all? was he exceptional? Yes He Was The Only Player on the pitch dt day

why blame Vogts when it was obvious those boys probably had their minds fixed on the after-party?Why didnt Vogts play players who were ready to give their all for their fatherland?Why didnt he play the local based players and Victor Anichebe

why should CAF not suspend or just sack that foolish ref?Well d Ref said he blew d whistle already and we neva can tell.

why do we think we don't need Okocha anymore when its obvious Mikel just doesnt make the grade?Why shld we need Okocha when we have talents all over the Country?Its obvious Mikel doesnt step in so why wldnt Vogts sample others.Is it right for him to coach from Europe?Is SAs coach not in South Africa with the home based players in Camp?Its obvious we are not ready for any competition.Mikel is so slow for real no beef.

why did Okoronkwo play at all? was he initially brought into the team to be their hairdresser?Am so confused truly.We have fantastic Danny Shittu,Sodje and some other defenders but the coach cnt jst call them into d team.What of the home based players?

why didnt PHCN just take the light like the Togolese case so that. . . .?Why shld dey?

why for Heaven's sake did we not feel Obagol's impact?No midfield to supply him with balls so he was jst exercising.

what happened to our usual boasts of we will wreck, demolish, castrate, finish, humilate themNo more faith in the team.Better to keep quiet dn rake like we did when we were to play Ghana.Ghanaians show us say na action be football no be mouth

what was Emeka Ezealla doing on the Nigerian bench?Whos dt?

what happened to PATRIOTISM?Our players feel to big to play for their Country.Wat do u expect the fans to do den?

In conclusion like Oniginde said the team is ageing we need young players to form the nucleus of the team not forgetting to include the ever hungry and dedicated home based players.South Africa tried the home based players and they come out flying with 3 goals so why cant we?Vogts siddon for where u find work no dey use yeye NFA head oh.

LoverBwoy:

how many home based players played in the game?

NONE.Sure if we have a home based team dey will play better dn our Superstars.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by kitaun(m): 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2007
pls I need better responses jare. . . cool
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by 9ja4eva: 9:39pm On Mar 28, 2007
What u trying to imply?
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by Amario(m): 1:30am On Mar 30, 2007
We should all know something, NIGERIA DOES NOT HAVE A TEAM ANYMORE though its very hard for a nigerian football lover to agee with buts its the truth.
Its Sad that this is happening to a country like nigeria with so much talents
Our FA is Sick they shound stop thinking of their pockets alone but also on the way of helping nigeria football. e.g Ensuring good foeld, encouraging footballers and so on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by LoverBwoy(m): 2:35am On Mar 30, 2007
I didnt say osaze was the best player on the pitch, i didnt watch the match anyway. He is a very good player though!

Kanu's Goal

Disallowed Goal

when are the nigerian t.v stations going to get a website abi which kin feful dem be sef?

as for the midfield- Oruma is a very good replcement for okocha and im sure there are good midfielders in the nigeria league
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by galatico(m): 7:06pm On Mar 30, 2007
The scoreline of the match should have been 1-1 but thanks to the Senegalese referee who was a Nigerian on that night, Super Eagles as they are called were not Super Atall they should be referred to as STUPID EAGLES or SLUGGISH EAGLES.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by 9ja4eva: 7:38pm On Mar 30, 2007
LOL,

Yu right.

LoverBwoy:

I didnt say osaze was the best player on the pitch, i didnt watch the match anyway. He is a very good player though!

Kanu's Goal

Disallowed Goal

when are the nigerian t.v stations going to get a website abi which kin feful them be sef?

as for the midfield- Oruma is a very good replcement for okocha and im sure there are good midfielders in the nigeria league

I tire oh.Maybe dey need to be taught again.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by kitaun(m): 8:07pm On Mar 30, 2007
Oruma and Obodo PLAYING TOGETHER might work . . .but Oruma alone to replace Okocha? NO WAY
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Versus Crannes Of Uganda: 1-0! by NnaNna4(m): 2:54am On Apr 03, 2007
It is no surprise that Uganda go home with a draw,Nigerian football is in trouble,using set players in every match,that is why every country could stand us .All they need is watch a past Nigeria match and then capitalize on it.All we need is to build sets of Eagle's super 11.

First, should be the kanu and yobo team.

2nd, should be Mikel and Taye Taiwo team that performed wonderfully in the youth wc.

3rd should be the home base set up that can stand any country in Africa and beyond

If we concentrate our attention on this 3 super 11,we will never bother to win a match,or bother about foreign player,using same set always or bother about the wastage of football talents. i am beginning to discover that most mikel teammates are not close.

Lastly,football academy will do us good.

what du u think?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nine Things You Didn't Know About Germany And Brazil / Football Pool Fixtures And Result For This Weekend / Emotional Pictures After The Match Between Nigeria VS Iceland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.