Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) (54300 Views)

GOOD NEWS! Make Money Carving Logos, Posters Etc With Your Mobile! / Meet Kareem Waris Olamilekan, An Artist Who Drew President Emmanuel Macron / Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by cybergeek: 9:06am On Jul 06, 2018
First Life Tree Carving In The History Of Nigeria Institution

Here's Ibukun Emmanuel and his work. He made a life tree carving of the Oba of Benin, the first ever in the history of Nigerian Institution. He's a student of the department of sculpture in school of art and industrial design, Auchi polytechnic, Auchi

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by nosiebaba(m): 9:08am On Jul 06, 2018
Kai they just injured that tree.
Tattooed tree�

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 06, 2018
cybergeek:
Here's Ibukun Emmanuel and his work. He made a life tree carving of the Oba of Benin, the first ever in the history of Nigerian Institution. He's a student of the department of sculpture in school of art and industrial design, Auchi polytechnic, Auchi
How many trees has he planted as a student whose work is depend on tress?

I may sound bizarre to a lot of people for comment I'm about to make but I don't care.

Tree felling & tree carving are an abomination. If you fell a tree, plant one to replace it. Trees are the connection (trunk & root) between the living and the dead and local witches know this. What does the life of a tree teach us? If you sacrifice a seed and lose it to the ground, the seed dies and comes back to life as a tree.

It may come as a surprise to know that Zuma Rock was one an ancient giant tree cut down by the nephthalims. (Before you argue, please do an extensive research on this). Why did the ancient giants cut down these trees that sour high into the heavens? If you don't believe these stories and think it's not real, then explain where the story of Jack and the beanstalk came to be. It's the same story of giants and trees that are depicted in avatar. Anyways, that's another story for another day.

Do your research. Leave trees alone. You are destroying a vital part of ecosystem. When you cut down or destroy trees, you are destroying free oxygen, high temperature regulators and a chain of ecosystem.

Prof800
erad

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by cybergeek: 11:23am On Jul 06, 2018
Its a project work and part of the task of the is to make sure the tree is still alive, so the tree is actually not dead like you projected and still serving its purpose.
beatcoins:

I may sound bizarre to a lot of people for comment I'm about to make but I don't care.

Tree felling & tree carving are an abomination. If you fell a tree, plant one to replace it. Trees are the connection (trunk & root) between the living and the dead and local witches know this. What does the life of a tree teach us? If you sacrifice a seed and lose it to the ground, the seed dies and comes back to life as a tree.

It may come as a surprise to know that Zuma Rock was one an ancient giant tree cut down by the nephthalims. (Before you argue, please do an extensive research on this). Why did the ancient giants cut down these trees that sour high into the heavens? If you don't believe these stories and think it's not real, then explain where the story of Jack and the beanstalk came to be. It's the same story of giants and trees that are depicted in avatar. Anyways, that's another story for another day.

Do your research. Leave trees alone. You are destroying a vital part of ecosystem. When you cut down or destroy trees, you are destroying free oxygen, high temperature regulators and a chain of ecosystem.

Prof800
erad

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Troublemaker007(m): 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2018
Only una go use una own hand they summon demons in the name of Art.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by CriticMaestro: 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2018
Massive raw talent...
I know some of you might be thinking of deforestation right now, while forgetting the logs of wood u use in cooking

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Beface(m): 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2018
This guy is good! Nice one guy,it will take years of practice to perfect this skill.

3 Likes

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2018
This art can turn into a deity if worshipped

10 Likes

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by baike: 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2018
nothing special
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2018
beatcoins:

Prof800
erad

If you're not a forester, marry a forester.

If you know you know.

1 Like

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by LexngtonSteele: 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2018
He's intimidated by the publicity....eyah.

So camera shy. Awesome work. So cool!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Sardonicus: 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2018
What of the one I did on the tree at the back of my classroom when I was in SS2?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by koxi: 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2018
Nice work
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Troublemaker007(m): 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
This art can turn into a deity if worshipped

Exactly my point.

11 Likes

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by lawalosky(m): 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2018
In Nigeria. we benefit a lot from poly than uni..
call me what ever you like but that's the plain truth.
N.B: in Nigeria I said

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by CriticMaestro: 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2018
JixNation:

If you're not a forester, marry a forester.

If you know you know.
Lamest post I've ever read....gush

Forester....bikonu

1 Like

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by silas24(m): 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2018
beatcoins:

Prof800
erad
Oga shut up with your faux righteousness. Do you know how many trees died because of your phone and to keep it connected to the Internet.... Mtcheeew

16 Likes

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by pol23: 1:51pm On Jul 06, 2018
This is not so good.
Why can't we preserve nature?
If we haven't cut down some trees,maybe by now cancer and HIV will be treated just like malaria where you can buy OCD (over counter drugs) to treat them.
By killing the nature we're killing ourselfs.
The last time I visited Cross river national park,I was told they have shrubs and herbs that have potency to cure cancer...they said there was a research on it years back,but government isn't funding again as those research are quite expensive...they're now hoping to get international bodies involved.
Now this tree our friend is destroying,do we know so much about it and how important it can be for our survival.
Tree backs are used to make tea which are believed to be so beneficial for health,I onced pay a sum of $25 for a cup of tea...even though E be like say e no do anything,but that was scientifically proven.
Saving nature is saving ourselves.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by alphaconde(m): 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2018
national media take this up and show to the world. thats what the foreigners do

2 Likes

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2018
be like say nah him made Rochas out of mango tree
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by DisGuy: 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2018
who are those people posing in the picture like they did they work? comot for the main Artist jor!!
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by SoftP(m): 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2018
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Arewa12: 1:53pm On Jul 06, 2018
it nice oh
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by jdstunt(m): 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2018
Good
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2018
beatcoins:

Prof800
erad

You got me at "Jack and the beans stalk".. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.... you just made my day.

2 Likes

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Khaytunechi: 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2018
amazing sturv
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by flex04(m): 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2018
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by crafteck(m): 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2018
beatcoins:

Prof800
erad

As a human that eats food how many rice seeds have u planted

18 Likes

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Khaytunechi: 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2018
beatcoins:

Prof800
erad

you use books, you wear clothes, you seat on chairs, you feed regularly, I hope you plant your own trees for all of these.

The guy didn't even exactly fell a tree, you just had to be salty and sanctimonious ehn. You're like the biblical Judas Iscariot who wouldn't just see no good in someone else's valiant deed but would rather pay attention to inconsequentials in regards to the happening at hand.

Nawa for you, if we go by your logic then we should all be planting trees daily, let us know if that's our purpose on earth.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2018
Talent. Nice
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by mankand(m): 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2018
Rubbish, it is better you cut and carve and not carving a live tree

1 Like

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Nike6: 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2018
shocked shocked shocked
beatcoins:

Prof800
erad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* / Hakeemeffect: Advanced Nollywood Special Makeup Effect [ Graphic Images] / Newly Employed Security Draws Eyes On £740,000 1931 Painting In Russia(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.