Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,562 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) (54307 Views)

GOOD NEWS! Make Money Carving Logos, Posters Etc With Your Mobile! / Meet Kareem Waris Olamilekan, An Artist Who Drew President Emmanuel Macron / Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2018
CriticMaestro:
Lamest post I've ever read....gush
Forester....bikonu
How is my post lame?
Do you know the content?
The university you attended, was world environmental day not celebrated there?

1 Like

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by CriticMaestro: 2:02pm On Jul 06, 2018
JixNation:

How is my post lame?

Do you know the content?

The university you attended, was world environmental day not celebrated there?

lame in the sense that u are trying to copy the nuggets that usually have a slogan like marry a doctor u will always be safe, marry an accountant, marry an engineer....blah blah blah
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by SheikhMuniru(m): 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2018
HIS LIFE DON CHANGE FOR GOOD REJOICE BECAUSE DISTINCTION AWAITS YOU
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2018
CriticMaestro:
lame in the sense that u are trying to copy the nuggets that usually have a slogan like marry a doctor u will always be safe, marry an accountant, marry an engineer....blah blah blah

Mr man, your talks hold no water.
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2018
CriticMaestro:
Massive raw talent...
I know some of you might be thinking of deforestation right now, while forgetting the logs of wood u use in cooking

yep, thats the life of an average Nigerian...quick to judge forgetting his part of the crime .
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by preshdawesome(m): 2:04pm On Jul 06, 2018
beatcoins:
How many trees has he planted as a student whose work is depend on tress?

I may sound bizarre to a lot of people for comment I'm about to make but I don't care.

Tree felling & tree carving are an abomination. If you fell a tree, plant one to replace it. Trees are the connection (trunk & root) between the living and the dead and local witches know this. What does the life of a tree teach us? If you sacrifice a seed and lose it to the ground, the seed dies and comes back to life as a tree.

It may come as a surprise to know that Zuma Rock was one an ancient giant tree cut down by the nephthalims. (Before you argue, please do an extensive research on this). Why did the ancient giants cut down these trees that sour high into the heavens? If you don't believe these stories and think it's not real, then explain where the story of Jack and the beanstalk came to be. It's the same story of giants and trees that are depicted in avatar. Anyways, that's another story for another day.

Do your research. Leave trees alone. You are destroying a vital part of ecosystem. When you cut down or destroy trees, you are destroying free oxygen, high temperature regulators and a chain of ecosystem.

Prof800
erad
I am not sure it will affect the span of the tree
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by jimcaddy(m): 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2018
That tree don turn worship centre be that....
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by mechanics(m): 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2018
Wow, he has got a talent.
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by eddypolymer(m): 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2018
Am not surprised,auchi polytechnic, Edo state art and design department is one of the best in the country.if you know ,you know.
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by OttHin: 2:11pm On Jul 06, 2018
This one weak me ooo. startimes doing advert for kwese tv.
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Holymann(m): 2:15pm On Jul 06, 2018
pol23:
This is not so good.
Why can't we preserve nature?
If we haven't cut down some trees,maybe by now cancer and HIV will be treated just like malaria where you can buy OCD (over counter drugs) to treat them.
By killing the nature we're killing ourselfs.
The last time I visited Cross river national park,I was told they have shrubs and herbs that have potency to cure cancer...they said there was a research on it years back,but government isn't funding again as those research are quite expensive...they're now hoping to get international bodies involved.
Now this tree our friend is destroying,do we know so much about it and how important it can be for our survival.
Saving nature is saving ourselves.
Read the caption again
N.B slowly this time.
Did you notice the word LIVE?? good.

1 Like

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by nabegibeg: 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2018
beatcoins:

I may sound bizarre to a lot of people for comment I'm about to make but I don't care.

Tree felling & tree carving are an abomination. If you fell a tree, plant one to replace it. Trees are the connection (trunk & root) between the living and the dead and local witches know this. What does the life of a tree teach us? If you sacrifice a seed and lose it to the ground, the seed dies and comes back to life as a tree.

It may come as a surprise to know that Zuma Rock was one an ancient giant tree cut down by the nephthalims. (Before you argue, please do an extensive research on this). Why did the ancient giants cut down these trees that sour high into the heavens? If you don't believe these stories and think it's not real, then explain where the story of Jack and the beanstalk came to be. It's the same story of giants and trees that are depicted in avatar. Anyways, that's another story for another day.

Do your research. Leave trees alone. You are destroying a vital part of ecosystem. When you cut down or destroy trees, you are destroying free oxygen, high temperature regulators and a chain of ecosystem.

Prof800
erad

when you smoke too much weed
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by mufadem2012: 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2018
Job well done, but what of maintenance because the tree will grow and this will scatter.
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by asawanathegreat(m): 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2018
Up up we go
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by emonkey(m): 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2018
Poor tree
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by comos: 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2018
carving is in Edo blood
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by kilojoDesigns: 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2018
beatcoins:

Prof800
erad

I tend to look deeper into the future, with the rate of felling of trees who knows how long that tree would have lasted, but surely many would think twice destroying a work of art, especially of historical importance.

I approve
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by mamaafrik(m): 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2018
that's Federal College of Education,Abeokuta.
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by FRANKLAD1: 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2018
this is good, but i will call it a wasted effort.. because the image will fade away as the tree grows.
so why not cut down the tree before carving it?
Kudos to you though!!
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by maasoap(m): 3:08pm On Jul 06, 2018
pol23:
This is not so good.
Why can't we preserve nature?
If we haven't cut down some trees,maybe by now cancer and HIV will be treated just like malaria where you can buy OCD (over counter drugs) to treat them.
By killing the nature we're killing ourselfs.
The last time I visited Cross river national park,I was told they have shrubs and herbs that have potency to cure cancer...they said there was a research on it years back,but government isn't funding again as those research are quite expensive...they're now hoping to get international bodies involved.
Now this tree our friend is destroying,do we know so much about it and how important it can be for our survival.
Tree backs are used to make tea which are believed to be so beneficial for health,I onced pay a sum of $25 for a cup of tea...even though E be like say e no do anything,but that was scientifically proven.
Saving nature is saving ourselves.

Those who needs your sermon are in the forests including reserve areas felling trees day in day out, night in night out. Not this guy who just carved a life tree. Nothing will happen to that tree as a result of the carving.
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by JuanDeDios: 3:19pm On Jul 06, 2018
cybergeek:
First Life Tree Carving In The History Of Nigeria Institution

Here's Ibukun Emmanuel and his work. He made a life tree carving of the Oba of Benin, the first ever in the history of Nigerian Institution. He's a student of the department of sculpture in school of art and industrial design, Auchi polytechnic, Auchi
Oba of Benin too dey dey serious. Ha!
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by AleAirHub(m): 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2018
I believe that Dept die wink wink wink
cybergeek:
First Life Tree Carving In The History Of Nigeria Institution

Here's Ibukun Emmanuel and his work. He made a life tree carving of the Oba of Benin, the first ever in the history of Nigerian Institution. He's a student of the department of sculpture in school of art and industrial design, Auchi polytechnic, Auchi
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by dambafana12(m): 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2018
very nice art work... that tree need to put in exhibition house for people to pay and watch it.
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by deebrownneymar: 3:47pm On Jul 06, 2018
The Oba should send him money and some juju. Lol
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by excanny: 4:05pm On Jul 06, 2018
Causing injury to an innocent tree. Nonsense.
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Horus(m): 4:12pm On Jul 06, 2018
Nice piece of art by Ibukun Emmanuel, a student of Auchi polytechnic, Edo state

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by lesson44: 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2018
Troublemaker007:
Only una go use una own hand they summon demons in the name of Art.
The most ignorant comment anyone ever made this year in This forum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Troublemaker007(m): 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2018
lesson44:
The most ignorant comment anyone ever made this year in This forum.

Just like your ignorant father.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by mabelly: 4:40pm On Jul 06, 2018
beatcoins:

Prof800
erad

sad how many trees have you planted for the note books you used in your primary, secondary or guessing university days?
How many trees have you planted for the chairs and furniture you currently use in your house.
How many trees have you planted for the roofing of the house you live in.

What a wrapped mentality. You should have just said people should seize to exit since you don't what some things to go into extinct.

That's how some idiot will come and say we shouldn't kill some animals then find one useless logic to back it up.

If you know your biology very well, then you did know that the eco system is a revolving door. It goes round.
Nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by StUriah(m): 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2018
Sardonicus:
What of the one I did on the tree at the back of my classroom when I was in SS2?
You did Fuckery secretry. Don't tell anyone.ok
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by dasparrow: 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2018
The young man is so talented yet looking hungry. That is Nigeria for you. I pray God picks his call.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* / Hakeemeffect: Advanced Nollywood Special Makeup Effect [ Graphic Images] / Newly Employed Security Draws Eyes On £740,000 1931 Painting In Russia(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.