Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) (54311 Views)

GOOD NEWS! Make Money Carving Logos, Posters Etc With Your Mobile! / Meet Kareem Waris Olamilekan, An Artist Who Drew President Emmanuel Macron / Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by columbus007(m): 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2018
my oba will there to see this,and nobody will know,once you know you know.
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by joshuaidibia(m): 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2018
beatcoins:
How many trees has he planted as a student whose work is depend on tress?

I may sound bizarre to a lot of people for comment I'm about to make but I don't care.

Tree felling & tree carving are an abomination. If you fell a tree, plant one to replace it. Trees are the connection (trunk & root) between the living and the dead and local witches know this. What does the life of a tree teach us? If you sacrifice a seed and lose it to the ground, the seed dies and comes back to life as a tree.

It may come as a surprise to know that Zuma Rock was one an ancient giant tree cut down by the nephthalims. (Before you argue, please do an extensive research on this). Why did the ancient giants cut down these trees that sour high into the heavens? If you don't believe these stories and think it's not real, then explain where the story of Jack and the beanstalk came to be. It's the same story of giants and trees that are depicted in avatar. Anyways, that's another story for another day.

Do your research. Leave trees alone. You are destroying a vital part of ecosystem. When you cut down or destroy trees, you are destroying free oxygen, high temperature regulators and a chain of ecosystem.

Prof800
erad

Your points about Giants are just plain BS. But what you said about ecosystem is true.
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by marvinsync(m): 9:13pm On Jul 06, 2018
beatcoins:
How many trees has he planted as a student whose work is depend on tress?

I may sound bizarre to a lot of people for comment I'm about to make but I don't care.

Tree felling & tree carving are an abomination. If you fell a tree, plant one to replace it. Trees are the connection (trunk & root) between the living and the dead and local witches know this. What does the life of a tree teach us? If you sacrifice a seed and lose it to the ground, the seed dies and comes back to life as a tree.

It may come as a surprise to know that Zuma Rock was one an ancient giant tree cut down by the nephthalims. (Before you argue, please do an extensive research on this). Why did the ancient giants cut down these trees that sour high into the heavens? If you don't believe these stories and think it's not real, then explain where the story of Jack and the beanstalk came to be. It's the same story of giants and trees that are depicted in avatar. Anyways, that's another story for another day.

Do your research. Leave trees alone. You are destroying a vital part of ecosystem. When you cut down or destroy trees, you are destroying free oxygen, high temperature regulators and a chain of ecosystem.

Prof800
erad

this is too much nonsense in one place

ur logic is stupid and can be debunked in millions of ways
I don't even have to try I'm sure even u can find a way to counter this sh!t
and pls stop with all these fake sainthood about trees
this is nairaland no one gives a fucck!
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2018
marvinsync:

this is too much nonsense in one place

ur logic is stupid and can be debunked in millions of ways
I don't even have to try I'm sure even u can find a way to counter this sh!t
and pls stop with all these fake sainthood about trees
this is nairaland no one gives a fucck!
You my friend, give a duck and that's why you quote me. Don't fool yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 06, 2018
JixNation:

If you're not a forester, marry a forester.

If you know you know.
Sorry, I'm not Tarzan. Bush girls are not my thing! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Emilokoiyawon: 10:33pm On Jul 06, 2018
YorubaAmaka
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by zealadjay(m): 11:51pm On Jul 06, 2018
Werin dat tree con do u Nw? If dem shape u lyk dat u go lyk am??
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Alva2018: 1:58am On Jul 07, 2018
Nice work
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by hardon1(m): 9:06am On Jul 07, 2018
old picture
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by mechouk1: 10:58am On Jul 07, 2018
Troublemaker007:
Only una go use una own hand they summon demons in the name of Art.
That's a really naive comment
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by Troublemaker007(m): 11:16am On Jul 07, 2018
mechouk1:

That's a really naive comment

You can my comment naive or say whatever you like but don’t forget this is Africa and Nigeria in particular.
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by brolanre: 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2018
please,I need this guy's contact for an African Arts Project about to kick off.
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by cybergeek: 2:31am On Jul 08, 2018
Serious about this? Kindly PM me
brolanre:
please,I need this guy's contact for an African Arts Project about to kick off.
Re: Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) by brolanre: 1:06am On Jan 28, 2021
cybergeek:
Serious about this? Kindly PM me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hakeemeffect: Advanced Nollywood Special Makeup Effect [ Graphic Images] / My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* / Newly Employed Security Draws Eyes On £740,000 1931 Painting In Russia(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.