Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Playing The 'ex' Card? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Playing The 'ex' Card? (703 Views)

Women, Stop Lying To Your Husbands And Playing Victim Afterwards! / 4 Huge Mistakes I Made As A Wife (i'm The Ex-wife Now) / Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Playing The 'ex' Card? by Agluvs9ja(f): 7:50pm On Jun 09, 2010
Hi, i am jus wondering how y'all feel abt ur bf/gf or spouse, bringin d 'ex' stories into rily important conversations?. especially d ones they jus broke up wit b4 u?. My Bf does it sumtimes, nd it rily shuts me off completely, though i try not 2 show it so dat it doesnt luk lyk im jealous over nothin. Am i alone in dis kind of situation?, Thanks.
Re: Playing The 'ex' Card? by hawizy: 7:57pm On Jun 09, 2010
D ex tin i dnt reli tink it exist nymor once ure out dat al life continues bliv mi wen i say life is simply
Re: Playing The 'ex' Card? by Agluvs9ja(f): 8:16pm On Jun 09, 2010
@Hawizy, i kno it does. bt i dnt kno hw 2 move past it. sumtimes we ll be havin a rily nice tym nd den i ll tell boyfee dat im gonna prepare sometin rily nice 4 him, nd he ll be lyk "oh good, do u kno dat when my ex girlfriend was around we use 2 do dis or do dat", or i suggest we go somewhere nd he is gonna tell me how he use 2 do dat a lot wit his ex. its rily uncomfortable sumtimes i swear!.
Re: Playing The 'ex' Card? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 09, 2010
^^^^^^^what about telling him directly that mentioning what he did with his ex makes you feel uncomfortable/jealous? or are you too proud to say it?!
he cant read your mind so talk about what you like and what you dont for the good of the relationship.
if he keeps mentioning her name AFTER that then he must be missing her or something.
Re: Playing The 'ex' Card? by Outstrip(f): 2:08am On Jun 10, 2010
don't mean to divert this thread but hawizy speak english. You are better off typing pidgin english than that thing you did there
Re: Playing The 'ex' Card? by iice(f): 4:16am On Jun 10, 2010
Death to cellphones!
Re: Playing The 'ex' Card? by Outstrip(f): 4:21am On Jun 10, 2010
lol
Re: Playing The 'ex' Card? by 28Schweet(f): 12:54pm On Jun 10, 2010
Agluvs9ja:

Hi, i am jus wondering how y'all feel abt your bf/gf or spouse, bringin d 'ex' stories into rily important conversations?. especially d ones they jus broke up wit b4 u?. My Bf does it sumtimes, nd it rily shuts me off completely, though i try not 2 show it so dat it doesnt luk lyk im jealous over nothin. Am i alone in dis kind of situation?, Thanks.
ur definately alone, cool some of us, know how to put a stop to that crap b4 it progresses b4 the sentence is finished.
here are some tips,

1. after intimacy, shoud u be indulging, you can go, oh you're good, but not quite like my ex.
2. when he brings up her name, say, wonder why you're not with her if she's so wonderful,
3. say, 'keep going like this, and next time it'll be my name you mention to some girl'
4. just stare blankly at him, and not reply @ all, if he cares he'll ask y no reply, say, i thought you weren't talking to me,
5. WALK AWAY, when he asks why, tell him, I'M HERE, SHE ISN'T,

capish,
Re: Playing The 'ex' Card? by OAM4J: 11:52pm On Jun 10, 2010
@OP

You are not sending an sms, please type clearer next time.

I will advice you tell him nicely that you don't like it. Communication is key in every relationship.

If he continues, you can follow 28Schweet' advice.
Re: Playing The 'ex' Card? by Osama10(m): 2:11am On Jun 11, 2010
Simple dont bring it in at all.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With A Wife Who Steal Your Money / What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? / Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.