Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi (21026 Views)

Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy / Photos Of Buhari Campaigning For Fayemi At Apc Mega Rally In Ekiti / Bola Tinubu Storms Ekiti To Campaign For Fayemi (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by yns4real: 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2018
Kamarudeen Ogundele , Ado Ekiti

Workers at College of Education, Ikere - Ekiti have pledged support for the All Progressives Congress governorship candidate, Dr . Kayode Fayemi , ahead of the July 14 election .

They lamented that they were owed seven months salaries by the Governor Ayodele Fayose- led administration .
They also complained that the institution had not received grants for capital projects for over three years of Fayose’s regime .

The college staff spoke when their union leaders met with Fayemi and presented a list of demands to him on Friday.

Those at the meeting were College of Education Academic Staff Union, Non - Academic Staff Union and Senior Staff of College of Education .

They praised Fayemi for giving them good welfare during his first term by increasing their salaries twice, repealing the law that abrogated the college and payment of 22 months arrears of N 900m owed by the previous administration .

The staff also demanded the elevation of the college to a university status because of the dwindling number of students seeking admission.

COEASU Branch Chairman, Dayo Olokesusi , advised Fayemi to make immediate payment of seven months outstanding salary arrears a priority , saying the last salary collected was for that of November 2017.

He said , “ The last salary we received was that of November 2017. We embarked on several strikes , no result .
“ We attend to students in hunger when somebody says continuity of hunger and lack. That is why we are pleading that it should be one of the first priority .

“ We have made up our minds to work for you , to collaborate with you because of the way the state is being run. We are going to give you maximum support.”

Responding, Fayemi promised to work out a moratorium of six months to offset all salary arrears owed workers and that he would increase the subvention if elected.

Fayemi denied a rumour that he was on a vengeance mission to the government house .

Fayemi said, “ Revenge for what ? How many people did I sack when I was governor ? The people spreading this rumour are doing worse than sacking workers .

“ I recruited more teachers and workers , I did not only pay salaries regularly but I also increased salaries of civil servants, teachers and local government workers three times and increased college salary twice.

“ I am in politics to better the lives of people, I am not in politics to punish people. We are educated, we should not dignify such rumours .
“ During my government, Ekiti had 98 per cent enrolment figure of school children but today, Ekiti has the lowest enrolment in the Southwest .

“ Pupils are not able to pay the tax imposed on them by the current government , kindergarten and nursery pupils dropping out of school
“ It is the pain I see in the eyes of our people anytime I drive around that motivated me to seek this office again. The current government has caused more pain for our people.”

http://punchng.com/ekiti-college-workers-declare-support-for-fayemi/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:15pm On Jul 06, 2018
May the best candidate win.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
The college staff spoke when their union leaders met with Fayemi and presented a list of demands to him on Friday.
They lamented that they were owed seven months salaries by the Governor Ayodele Fayose- led administration .
He said , “ The last salary we received was that of November 2017. We embarked on several strikes , no result .
“ We attend to students in hunger when somebody says continuity of hunger and lack. That is why we are pleading that it should be one of the first priority

And there is a governor in that state?

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by Speakdatruth: 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
Of course FAYEMI is winning Ekiti. No doubt about that.
What we have in Ekiti now is showmanship, paper projects and script actors. Reality is gradually setting in and stomach infrastructure is losing its potency. Fayemi for Ekiti!

That dude is owing Ekiti civil servants since last year, just because they went on strike, he further delayed the payment and he had the courage to be jumping on flights to River-state to commission Wike's project. Bunch of clowns.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by crispus09(m): 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
it seems they ready to leave there ancestral land for cattle colonies,
is this how stupid some ekiti people can reason?

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by Sunnynaz: 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
Ok
Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by Oblang(m): 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
Ordinarily ppl with brain shouldn't support fayose. Only touts support him..

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by obembet(f): 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2018
I don't care of APC win in any state but BUHARI must go, I mean terrorist must go

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by MVLOX(m): 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2018
let d games begin..... But if PDP win dem sha dis pple go knw d new nd real meanin of NYSC (Now your suffer continues)

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by bigeliot(m): 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2018
We de wait
Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by asawanathegreat(m): 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2018
Use ur tongue to count ur teeth, my advice to Ekiti people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by AdesegunSanni89: 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2018
The way to go. Up Fayemi, Up Ekiti

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by Yomboy4ever(m): 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2018

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by Midgut(m): 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2018
The problem with Nigeria's higher institution is almost beyond redemption. Worrisome! As I used to always say, government alone can not fund higher institution.

Our past leaders really failed this country! The current crop of leaders are still failing us! It is only God that can redeem this nation.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by LazyNairalander(m): 6:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
Issorite oooo. Hope they have land to give for ranching incase he wins.

check my SIGNATURE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by Abbeyme: 6:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
Nice
Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by infocomconsult(m): 6:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
This story don dey long...
Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by GavelSlam: 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2018
Fayose why dont you want to pay their salaries?

What wrong have they done to you?

Is it a sin to be a worker in Ekiti State?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by ClassicMG(m): 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2018
as much as I detest pdp,wike and his behavior. I will still pick him over this fayose

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by Buhari2019: 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2018
Good for democracy. Congrats to Fayemi in Advance.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by guywitzerogal(m): 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2018
Hope their life's and land are ready for Vampire APC incase he wins

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
How many of the workers talk am abi their union leaders don collect money begin talk rubbish. grin grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by Yohh: 6:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
Dangerous
Civil servants should be politically neutral, that's the law.
Your appointment can be terminated if found guilty of this.
Go ask what happened to NLC leaders in Ogun about 2years back, they were sacked by d governor for openly drumming support for a political candidates and all they could was beg for mercy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by seunmsg(m): 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2018
“ The last salary we received was that of November 2017. We embarked on several strikes , no result .
“ We attend to students in hunger when somebody says continuity of hunger and lack. That is why we are pleading that it should be one of the first priority

Very sad!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by biznesstime: 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2018
lol, in 8days time we shall know who is who.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by Dutchey(m): 6:23pm On Jul 06, 2018
just pray he wins if nt, ur own yaf do

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by Mynd44: 6:23pm On Jul 06, 2018
crispus09:
it seems they ready to leave there ancestral land for cattle colonies,
is this how stupid some ekiti people can reason?
You can't owe people 7 months salary and scare them with terror. It doesn't work

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by Nbote(m): 6:23pm On Jul 06, 2018
All na campaign season Shenanigans

1 Like

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by tuniski: 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2018
They are endorsing a confirmed loser!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by timilehing(m): 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2018
Ekiti state go soon be like Nigeria. From fry pan to fire

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi by biznesstime: 6:26pm On Jul 06, 2018
Mynd44:

You can't owe people 7 months salary and scare them with terror. It doesn't work
but Fayose is not contestin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N18.7bn Benue Teachers’ Salaries Paid Into Unknown Account / Tinubu Chose Osinbajo For Buhari, Was Not Interested In VP: Ibrahim To Paden / Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.