Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,333 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! (3257 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / Stations Caught Selling Above The N87, Will Have Its Licence Revoked – FG Warns / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by Imeobong(m): 10:12pm On Jun 09, 2010
James Ibori's relentless run of bad karma continued today as the Dubai police revoked his bail on sight. The police, acting on actionable intelligence that Ibori might flee Dubai, having become desperate following the sentencing of two of his associates to five-year jail terms by the Southwark Crown Court in London, revoked his bail as soon as he arrived their headquarters.

Source:http://www.saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/6246-2010-06-09-20-31-57.html
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Jun 09, 2010
This story gets better by the day
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by 9ijaprince(m): 10:23pm On Jun 09, 2010
Oh sahara where have you been? We missed you. Is Ibori coming home?
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by Osama10(m): 11:02pm On Jun 09, 2010
No place to hide for the wicked.
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by Beaf: 11:20pm On Jun 09, 2010
9ijaprince:

Oh sahara where have you been? We missed you. Is Ibori coming home?

We prefer UK; where he doesn't have a private militia.

---~==@####@==~---
Odidigboigbo of Africa, jail awaits you!!! grin
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by hatch: 11:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
Ibori,I foresaw these days coming right after the death of your guardian.
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by gogo123: 9:12am On Jun 10, 2010
please one more thing, we don't want him repatriated to Nigeria, Scotland yard he is all yours.
IBORI WE NIGERIANS LOVE YOU BUT THE SCOTLAND YARD LOVES YOU BEST
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by monkeyleg: 11:36am On Jun 10, 2010
A finished man. Ogidigbogbo no more, meanwhile I hear his brother is acting like a mad man threatening his workers with sack if they are not loyal. The game is up for them
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by ZE: 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2010
ogidigbogbodigbo, as you de watch am e de go, ogidigbogbodigbo. Nonsence.

My friend married one of his distant causins. The Woman(Onome) packed all her husbands properties and ran to another man's house while my guy was busy working in the office.

Armed robbery is in their blood.
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by Rmc1(m): 12:06pm On Jun 10, 2010
GOOD NEWS grin grin THEY SHOULD PLEASE HAND HIM OVER TO UK AUTHORITIES
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by warripekin(m): 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2010
Eyaaaa!! , Ibori na u be this ? Odidigboigbo wake up . Wetin do u ? I think say u get swagger before . How e take happen . The witches and wizards in Ohara  abi na Aso Rock must be responsible . Dooo!!
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by emmydee(m): 12:17pm On Jun 10, 2010
Ibori is a good guy.
Let them send him to the UK where he will have a fair hearing.

Please UAE, dont send him to Naija, that will be a long journey
take him to d UK, plsssssssssssss.
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by monkeyleg: 12:19pm On Jun 10, 2010
no be today dem start, and that is what I have been trying to tell people on here. The man is a bloody thief just like his brother. I hear that one is virtually going mad, threatening everyone with the sack if you are not loyal to him. The whole system is rotten to the core, and it is just a shame that Ogidigbodigbo is just the Core
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by moag(m): 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2010
na   naija  i no say person go do bad thing and people go dey  hail am/or better still  they defend/fight 4rm. ;d worst be say  them no go ashame!na whao country people  why people like ibori,sanni  yarima(child-abuser)go still  get supporters !i beg religion or  ethnicity  no suppose dey ,bad thing na bad thing no other name.
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by oge4real(f): 12:23pm On Jun 10, 2010
When the wicked perish, there are shouts of JOY!!!
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by chiozor: 12:24pm On Jun 10, 2010
wht of Peter Odili
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by wazobiang: 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2010
Bail ke? Kai!

At this time they should be talking about the nature of torture materials that will be sued for the man.
Kai!

They should give him early morning flogging fa!
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by monkeyleg: 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2010
@chiozor,

Peter Odili's time will come. Please lets not forget that justice is being served by a foreign govt. Nigeria needs to get its act together, and stop relying on someone else to do the right thing for them, but any Victory I will take
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by bisiaet: 12:40pm On Jun 10, 2010
I think the is up now for Ibori. This guy called Ibori must really has a big problem because he has just worsened his problem with the way he was just running and jumping around, he seriously have problem I dont know where he think he can hide himself in this kind of high profile allegations?

If this guy has come out since face the music by now he would have know where he stand either jail or fto reeze all his ill gotten assets but he never help the matter and those shielding him making worse his situation. Well he has to face it and pay the price.
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by Kobojunkie: 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2010
monkeyleg:

Nigeria needs to get its act together, and stop relying on someone else to do the right thing for them, but any Victory I will take

I doubt that to be the case. The reason I personally want the UK to handle this is because the same man in Nigeria is likely to get off light. In the UK, I believe there is higher probability of a fair trial. Look at what happened in NIgeria in the Alams, and Bode George cases. Did your beloved country really give us justice?
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by SkyBlue1: 12:43pm On Jun 10, 2010
monkeyleg:

@chiozor,

Peter Odili's time will come. Please lets not forget that justice is being served by a foreign govt. Nigeria needs to get its act together, and stop relying on someone else to do the right thing for them, but any Victory I will take

Interesting extract from an article. The problem might not be all down to EFCC.

EFCC recovers $3.5billion, says Waziri
http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/49414/1/EFCC--recovers-35billion-says-Waziri/Page1.html

Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) chair Mrs. Farida Waziri, yesterday said the commission has over 400 cases pending in various courts in the country.

She also said that the EFCC had secured 100 convictions and recovered about $3.5billion.

Waziri, who made the disclosures at the public presentation of an Anti-Corruption Handbook written by Tabi Joda, said the slow pace of court processes is depressing.

She said: "As I speak to you now, we have over 400 cases in court including over 50 high profile cases. Only recently, we achieved conviction in a very high profile case involving the former chairman and members of the Board of Directors of the Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA).

"At every single opportunity, I have always pointed out that by far the most depressing aspect of our fight against corruption is the slow pace of court processes.

"Clearly, this state of affairs is unacceptable and it is high time the Judiciary and the National Assembly set up a separate court for Economic and Financial Crimes with its special rules of procedure to expedite trials.

"I have also called for laws that will enable us sequestrate the assets of accused persons and convert them to government assets upon their conviction whereas those are long term goals. I think the judiciary can do a lot to speed up our trials."

The EFCC chairman however explained that despite the slow judicial process, the EFCC was able to secure 100 convictions and recovered about $3.5billion.

She added: "The first thing I want to do today is to assure all Nigerians of the determination of the EFCC to continue the fight against corruption with unstoppable vigour and commitment and to fight it at every level and facet of our society.

"Just last month, a strategic initiative on our part will cut down by between 50-70 per cent the incidence of Advance Fee Fraud. At our instance, the Central Bank of Nigeria has issued a circular regulating the modality of remittance of funds into Nigeria.

"We have advanced our technology to match the sophistication of cyber criminals by deploying Project Eagle Claw. We have initiated tax investigations which have led to recoveries of over N3billion.

"These achievements have caused our global corruption index to jump from 0.5 points to 2.7 points leaving us as 121st out of 179 countries sampled by Transparency International (TI). Whilst this is still a deplorable record, the improvement has been no doubt an acknowledgement of serious remedial efforts."
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by sayso: 1:00pm On Jun 10, 2010
what is this man's crime?
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by styles2009: 1:37pm On Jun 10, 2010
Ibori - Time up! grin
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by bisiaet: 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2010
I think he should be send to Nigeria to face the court I am not trying to against anybody view but I am just saying my own view beside the British will not allow Nigeria to do such for them should any of thier citizen is found wanted for any crime he or she commited. I know people are suggesting UK because our system is not right and this is the painful thing.
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by jodeci(m): 1:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
sayso:

what is this man's crime?

where are u creeping out from?
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by monkeyleg: 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2010
@Kobojunkie,

I agree, that he will have a fair trial, and cant cry foul. However we must to focus on getting things right. Our Judicial system is a monumental failure, just like everything in Nigeria and we have to do something about it quick.

@bisiaet,

Ibori commited a crime against the Crown and that is why he is being tried. Money laundering has become a big issue in the UK post 7/7. Ibori and his Cohorts laundered  well over £70m, and he must face the book for it. And dont even dare to think that the British govt is picking on him, british people are also extradited and tried if they fall foul of a countries law. The mistake Ibori made was to think that the UK is an extension of Nigeria, so business as usual. He is likely to get in excess of 10yrs when convicted
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by Scooby1(m): 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2010
bisiaet:

I think he should be send to Nigeria to face the court I am not trying to against anybody view but I am just saying my own view beside the British will not allow Nigeria to do such for them should any of thier citizen is found wanted for any crime he or she commited. I know people are suggesting UK because our system is not right and this is the painful thing.

@ Bisiaet, Am sorry to say Nigerian judicial system and Efcc are corrupt to the core sending Ibori to Nigeria will just be freedom to walk!
In dec. 2009 the court in Asaba found Ibori not guilty on 170 charges filed by efcc where is the justice in that? Abeg they should send Ibori to uk
atleast he would get a fair trial.
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by tefund(m): 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
For ibori i think the game is up finally, a learning for nigeria judges.
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by ADOGBEYI: 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2010
Gone are those days when the wicked are celebrated and the righteous are persecuted. I can see change coming to Nigeria; I can see God's hands in virtually every sphere of the Nigerian polity. When God is involved, no man can say no! Ibori never imagined this would be happening to him some day, but it is pay back time!

My message to all Nairalanders:

When God puts you in a position to serve, do not ever do otherwise because what goes around comes around. Let's all borrow a leaf from credible Nigerians like the Gani Fawehinmis, Nuhu Ribadus, Dora Akunyilis and Wole Soyinkas. If we do, Nigeria will be a better place.
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by desthan(m): 5:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
well what else can i say ''what goes around comes around'' undecided
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by chidichris(m): 5:25pm On Jun 10, 2010
Gone are those days when the wicked are celebrated and the righteous are persecuted. I can see change coming to Nigeria; I can see God's hands in virtually every sphere of the Nigerian polity. When God is involved, no man can say no! Ibori never imagined this would be happening to him some day, but it is pay back time!

My message to all Nairalanders:

When God puts you in a position to serve, do not ever do otherwise because what goes around comes around. Let's all borrow a leaf from credible Nigerians like the Gani Fawehinmis, Nuhu Ribadus, Dora Akunyilis and Wole Soyinkas. If we do, Nigeria will be a better place.

@ADOGBEYI,
which god is involved in this nigeria? i don't think it is the same God that i know.
this has been the same pattern. every year we gather to destroy one thief and initiate a million in replacement and that accounts for why at 50 we are yet to achieve what 2 yrs old babies have achieved.
personally, i don't follow the crowd. today, we are celebrating uk but let them tell our govt the truth tomorrow, wow! name calling will flow.
who is decieving who? andy uba while serving as the pa of our own obj was caught in the usa over this same money laundary issue and was jailed/fined in the usa law court and the crime in question was committed even with our presidential jet but till date, who is talking about that?
ibori has become too strong for nigeria that we are depending on uk to do justice to the matter or is money laundary not a crime in nigeria?
again, how did ibori leave nigeria? how did ribadu leave nigeria? how did el rufai leave nigeria? until these question are asked and answered, we will remain tools with which these fools get to their destinations.
how and where in this world will people run out of a country and come back as heroes? it is time nigerians ask questions on vital issues and security is one of them.
we must ask how these men go out and come in at will?
in a decent society i mean countries where nobody is even making noise about fighting corruption, an attorney general's death without trace can force the president out of office. in other countries, if a whole ship gets lost, i think the president will take the best action by resiging.
how long will it take nigerians to know why us$16b was invested in power suply and it got worst? when will the current chairman of nigerian ports authorities tell nigerians how far he went with N300b road contracts?
what are we celebrating in the arrest and persecution of opositions to the govt? will it not be funny if jonathan fails in becoming the pressident come 2011 and ibori will be made the all and all because his group is in charge?
where are we going from here?
Re: Dubai Update: Ibori's Bail Revoked! by KoikiM: 5:52pm On Jun 10, 2010
@ADOGBEYI,
which god is involved in this nigeria? i don't think it is the same God that i know.
this has been the same pattern. every year we gather to destroy one thief and initiate a million in replacement and that accounts for why at 50 we are yet to achieve what 2 yrs old babies have achieved.
personally, i don't follow the crowd. today, we are celebrating uk but let them tell our govt the truth tomorrow, wow! name calling will flow.
who is decieving who? andy uba while serving as the pa of our own obj was caught in the usa over this same money laundary issue and was jailed/fined in the usa law court and the crime in question was committed even with our presidential jet but till date, who is talking about that?
ibori has become too strong for nigeria that we are depending on uk to do justice to the matter or is money laundary not a crime in nigeria?
again, how did ibori leave nigeria? how did ribadu leave nigeria? how did el rufai leave nigeria? until these question are asked and answered, we will remain tools with which these fools get to their destinations.
how and where in this world will people run out of a country and come back as heroes? it is time nigerians ask questions on vital issues and security is one of them.
we must ask how these men go out and come in at will?
in a decent society i mean countries where nobody is even making noise about fighting corruption, an attorney general's death without trace can force the president out of office. in other countries, if a whole ship gets lost, i think the president will take the best action by resiging.
how long will it take nigerians to know why us$16b was invested in power suply and it got worst? when will the current chairman of nigerian ports authorities tell nigerians how far he went with N300b road contracts?
what are we celebrating in the arrest and persecution of opositions to the govt? will it not be funny if jonathan fails in becoming the pressident come 2011 and ibori will be made the all and all because his group is in charge?
where are we going from here?
True talk!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dr. Chris Ngige Campaign Thread / You Breached The Law - Tambuwal Tells IGP / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Wins APC Presidential Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.