Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant (36369 Views)

Mike Adenuga Loses $300 Million / EFCC Investigates Emefiele, Oramah Over $300 Million Paid To Acquire Union Bank / P&G To Shut Down $300 Million Nigeria Production Plant, A Year After Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant by mapet: 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2018
PearlStreet:

Hayat (makers of Mofix diapers) have a 100M USD factory in that same Agbara and they've pushed P&G to second place with their 300M USD factory. What are they getting right that P&G is not getting right?

P&G has always been in Oluyole Industrial Estate in Ibadan before coming to open the diaper line in Agbara. What is making them run back to Oluyole when their competition is making it in Agbara?

P&G got to Agbara before Hayat but Hayat has managed to corner the larger market share. Why is that so?

Forget name calling as answer the above questions.

There you go again asking needless questions. So what happens to Hayat P&G in the market and P&G is trying to fight back?
Re: Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant by Pitokwe(m): 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2018
Adebowhales:

It's just for us to chat about it on Facebook

Many thanks.
Re: Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant by Pitokwe(m): 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2018
Adebowhales:

It's just for us to chat about it on Facebook

Many thanks
Re: Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant by PearlStreet(m): 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2018
mapet:

There you go again asking needless questions. So what happens to Hayat P&G in the market and P&G is trying to fight back?

Abandoning their largest plant in Nigeria and fighting back from Oluyole? P&G that is presently downsizing it's diapers line staff?

mapet:

Both for starters. Unfortunately you're slow on the uptake. 2 competitors in a space, thw least cost producer has more market share....... What do you think P&G should do?

When you're ready to engage in a civil and sensible conversation, let me know. I warned you about name calling.
Re: Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant by mapet: 7:59am On Jul 13, 2018
PearlStreet:

Abandoning their largest plant in Nigeria and fighting back from Oluyole? P&G that is presently downsizing it's diapers line staff?

When you're ready to engage in a civil and sensible conversation, let me know. I warned you about name calling.

I didn't even have time for this until now.....so I see your retort

1. What is strategically wrong in fighting back from Oluyole? What is wrong in creating market space in less-charted regions and competing from that position to a Global scale? What is wrong in "cutting-fat" in your ops and consolidating to be able to cost-compete? I got tired of your flow cos you're just regurgitating flawed assertion you can hardly articulate.

2. Trust me, I tried to engage in sensible conversations with you.......the problem is not me.... wink
Re: Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant by mapet: 8:00am On Jul 13, 2018
Tunagee:

P& G dey Garri your family abi? U better start to dust ur CV and start begging for job like a vision less job seeker.

Lemme guess.....and you came to this conclusion when you brain malfunction as usual grin
Re: Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant by Tunagee(m): 8:26am On Jul 13, 2018
mapet:

Lemme guess.....and you came to this conclusion when you brain malfunction as usual grin

Baba e at I Iya re opolo won to daru. Your Dad and Mum's retarded brains abi?
Re: Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant by PearlStreet(m): 9:13am On Jul 13, 2018
mapet:

[s]I didn't even have time for this until now.....so I see your retort

1. What is strategically wrong in fighting back from Oluyole? What is wrong in creating market space in less-charted regions and competing from that position to a Global scale? What is wrong in "cutting-fat" in your ops and consolidating to be able to cost-compete? I got tired of your flow cos you're just regurgitating flawed assertion you can hardly articulate.

2. Trust me, I tried to engage in sensible conversations with you.......the problem is not me.... wink[/s]

You see nothing wrong in an industry leader losing its place to a smaller budgeted competitor within 3 years?

I
Re: Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant by mapet: 11:17am On Jul 13, 2018
PearlStreet:

You see nothing wrong in an industry leader losing its place to a smaller budgeted competitor within 3 years?

I

Absolutely. It's competition. You win some, you loose some. It's your reaction, fight-back, recovering and market-space capture that counts.
Re: Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant by mapet: 11:19am On Jul 13, 2018
Tunagee:

Baba e at I Iya re opolo won to daru. Your Dad and Mum's retarded brains abi?

You just proved me right grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant by Jnass: 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2018
mapet:

Always blaming the "black guy".

Just accept that you failed in business and stop blaming someone else for your failures
I am still in business dear and will never call it quit. I changed the line of biz though. But it beats my imagination that you cannot comprehend the link between business survival and government policies especially when the raw material for the production is imported like mine.
Re: Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant by mapet: 11:26am On Jul 20, 2018
Jnass:

I am still in business dear and will never call it quit. I changed the line of biz though. But it beats my imagination that you cannot comprehend the link between business survival and government policies especially when the raw material for the production is imported like mine.

Can I respectfully ask you to spare us (especially me) using your personal business predicament as indicative of national space. Bros I have been a business planner for most part of my corporate-work life. As per the bolded, don't worry about what I understand and what I do not comprehend. The responsibility of government to pursue local substitution for an hitherto imported materials, especially those that can be sourced locally cannot be premised on individual biases. In this game you win some you loose some. Even foreign investors are aware of our current perculiarities (light, power, infrastructural deficit), yet currents stats shows that more influx is the case. If you can't assess and properly profile your risks ......... why blame the govt?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 / Overcrowded Port Harcourt Mall On Christmas Day (Photos) / How To Get Buyers For Bitter Kola Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.