Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda (45180 Views)

N20,000 Per Beating: Dismissed Naval Officer Arrested (photo) / Police Inspector Who Allegedly Murdered One Onyeka Ibe, Dismissed, Arraigned I / Corpse Of Corper Linda Nkechi Igwetu & The Policeman That Shot Her Dead (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by Leopantro: 12:56am On Jul 07, 2018
Letenwam:
Inspector Benjamin Peters, the policeman who killed a corps member identified as Linda Nkechi Igwetu, a day to her passing out parade in Abuja, has been dismissed from the Force.

Confirming that the errant cop is “on remand awaiting commencement of trial", the Commissioner of Police in charge of the Federal Capital Territory, Sadiq Bello, told newsmen that Peters should not have shot at the car, adding that his claim that the corps member was shouting for help was not sufficient ground to fire his weapon.

Miss Igwetu, who was allegedly shot in the early hours of Wednesday around Ceddi Plaza by a police officer, was rushed to the Garki Hospital where she died. The Police Command said that the command would not condone act of irresponsibility and incivility or outright criminality on the part of officers and men.

“He (suspect) has been dismissed from the force and arraigned before a court of competent jurisdiction and he is currently on remand awaiting trial,” he said.

“It was alleged that the lady, one Angela Igwetu stood up and brought out her head through the sun roof of a Toyota Camry car shouting and calling for help that she was kidnapped,” he said.

“They have always been admonished to be civil to members of the public and be professional in the conduct of their duties,” he said.

The police commissioner who reassured residents of the territory to go about their lawful businesses without fear of molestation or harassment as their peace and security were guaranteed at all times, appealed for calm and understanding from members of the public and family of the deceased as justice would prevail in the matter.

“Furthermore, I wish to reassure residents of FCT that they should go about their lawful businesses without fear of molestation or harassment, their peace and security is guaranteed at all times,” he said.

https://lailasnews.com/policeman-dismissed-arraigned-for-killing-corps-member/

thebosstrevor:
So if she and her pals had obeyed simple command to stop their car at the check point.she would have been alive today.

the driver of that car have to take responsibility for her death but no,they will blame the police man for doing his job.

if he was doing his job, why was he dismissed?

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:23am On Jul 07, 2018
He shot her for calling for help. He did not shoot into the air or the kidnapper but it was the victim that he shot at. Nawa Oh!

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by dahnimoh(m): 1:31am On Jul 07, 2018
It sounds like lie. Is he in any way related to LIE muha-maid?

2 Likes

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by Mike008(m): 1:35am On Jul 07, 2018
This is a very sad and unfortunate situation, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet never getting there.

while we condemn the act of the police officer in its entirety, we should equally condemn certain reckless and frivolous behaviors by our youths, especially those in the limelight from whom a certain manner reason and decorum is expected.

The activities which preceded the demise of the deceased if reports are to be believed are frivolous and highly unreasonable for any right thinking adult.
Not that I do not condemn the recklessness of the police officer but am speaking from the perspective of personal safety.

This story could have been different, not just for the victim, but for her friends as well, especially with the spate of insecurity in the country.

The loss is irreparable and tragic but one thing am certain of is if the deceased was given a second chance, she would consider more from refraining from the nights activity, a journey that would later become her last.

No matter how much we condemn and convict with our words, they will do little to bring back what is already lost.
And in the end when we all realize that what is lost is really lost we begin to pay also a little attention, no matter how little to the remote cause which if carefully considered, the big tragedy would have in fact been averted on a personal level.

Big consequences could result from simple decisions we make.
In the end it was Linda's decision to stay out late at night that resulted to her death.

May she rest in peace.

We must learn to be careful at all times.

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by Soulsymbol99: 2:40am On Jul 07, 2018
Blackfyre:
Wonder why police men will be carrying assault rifles in the first place. undecided

In advanced countries the tin no pass pistol oooo angry @least that's wot I see in movies smiley then 4 our backyard cotonou hia na whistle oooo

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by Luck2016: 3:19am On Jul 07, 2018
Very well spoken. In as much as I do not support the reckless and unprofessional act by the purported police officer and his likes, most ladies are in this habit of going to night clubs and parties all in the name of catching fun and hooking up with the BIG BOYS as "runs girls". Often times, they get harassed, exploited in all manners and even killed as a pay back, especially, when they fail to succumb to the demands of these men. Little did some of them know that what was presumed in the first instance to be fun can easily destroy their bright future and even cause their deaths both directly and indirectly. I might not necessary fathom the exact circumstance that led to the lady being kidnapped as alleged as well as the scenario that prompted the police officer to trigger which led to her untimely demise, the incident should service as a warning to those living reckless night life (both ladies and men) and a serious caution to the unprofessional habits of our men in uniform. To the deceased, may her soul rest in peace and to her family, may them be consoled.
Mike008:
This is a very sad and unfortunate situation, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet never getting there.

while we condemn the act of the police officer in its entirety, we should equally condemn certain reckless and frivolous behaviors by our youths, especially those in the limelight from whom a certain manner reason and decorum is expected.

The activities which preceded the demise of the deceased if reports are to be believed are frivolous and highly unreasonable for any right thinking adult.
Not that I do not condemn the recklessness of the police officer but am speaking from the perspective of personal safety.

This story could have been different, not just for the victim, but for her friends as well, especially with the spate of insecurity in the country.

The loss is irreparable and tragic but one thing am certain of is if the deceased was given a second chance, she would consider more from refraining from the nights activity, a journey that would later become her last.

No matter how much we condemn and convict with our words, they will do little to bring back what is already lost.
And in the end when we all realize that what is lost is really lost we begin to pay also a little attention, no matter how little to the remote cause which if carefully considered, the big tragedy would have in fact been averted on a personal level.

Big consequences could result from simple decisions we make.
In the end it was Linda's decision to stay out late at night that resulted to her death.

May she rest in peace.

We must learn to be careful at all times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by Ayatullah(m): 3:42am On Jul 07, 2018
Blackfyre:
Wonder why police men will be carrying assault rifles in the first place. undecided

Keep wondering, but you should know that your baboon friends carry more sophisticated riffles in some cases.

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by sleemomymy: 4:23am On Jul 07, 2018
DEXTROVERT:

Sacking
HIM
WITHOUT
INVESTIGATIONS.
THAT'S
CALLOUS,
HE'S
A
HUSBAND
AND
FATHER
PLEASE
RESCIND
THAT
RASH
DECISION
SO, IF SHE YOUR SISTER YOU WILL THINK THE DECISION IS RASH ABI? YOU ARE SUPOSE TO BE ARRESTED TOO. IF AN ARMLESS FELLOW IS SHOUTING FOR HELP. THE NEXT THING IS TO KILL HER?

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by zoedew: 4:33am On Jul 07, 2018
Where was the Corper coming from and what was she about at that location at such time?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by Nobody: 5:10am On Jul 07, 2018
Blackfyre:

I've never understood this.

And rifles are more expensive than pistols.

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by patexcool(f): 6:09am On Jul 07, 2018
she is shouting for help so you shot. so what did you do to the kinappers
RIP to the dead jooor

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by Adeyinka123: 6:15am On Jul 07, 2018
Can we see his mugshot?
Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by asatemple(f): 6:24am On Jul 07, 2018
post=69150228:
Justice served but that can't raise up the girl anymore.
So sad.
Continue to Rest in Peace young lady.
that's my problem here, let the girl come back to life while the police continue his work. My life will never be cut short in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by manci(m): 6:24am On Jul 07, 2018
Benjami peters Christian in uniform are corrupt,bloodsukers marciles and wicked .

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by Buffalo2(m): 6:24am On Jul 07, 2018
Blackfyre:
I don shout am TIRE. Issue these mofos with blanks instead of live bullets, dey won't answer. I just don't know what's wrong with our leaders.
Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by AnanseK(m): 6:24am On Jul 07, 2018
PointZerom:
Thank God the police officer is not a Hausa Fulani Muslim, them for no dismiss am.
Apo six comes to mind.
If you know you know.

If he was hausa muslim it would be Islamization agenda and all the media houses and all the con men they call pastors will carry it for head. That divisive organization CAN of worms will be all over the place issuing threats.

2 Likes

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:29am On Jul 07, 2018
asatemple:
that's my problem here, let the girl come back to life while the police continue his work. My life will never be cut short in Jesus name
Amen.
And ours too.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by briggz09(m): 6:31am On Jul 07, 2018
Blackfyre:
Abi? Thought I was the only one thinking about this. There are pistols for minor injuries. These rifles are for shoot to kill missions.

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 07, 2018
So she was shouting for help, and instead of giving same, a trained police man gunned her down. SMH...
https://www.nairaland.com/4592668/police-nigerias-clog-wheel-progress

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by kenny2u(m): 6:34am On Jul 07, 2018
.....one Angela Igwetu stood up and brought out her head through the sun roof of a Toyota Camry car shouting and calling for help that she was kidnapped.

I don't understand again shocked

3 Likes

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by Orima55: 6:44am On Jul 07, 2018
very good, others should learn from it . Incident teaches more lessons
Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by HoodBillionaire: 6:46am On Jul 07, 2018
the bich killed hersef bich
rot in hell bich
see her ugly face
hahahahahaha
wen dey say stay indoors .no na to dey form big girl.
wtf
by 3am when most nigerians are asleep.
secondly if she had stopped.listened to the officer and maybvgiven him 5h shay she for never dey alive.
she wan dey form jason statham behind wheels.
ive tried this type shiit before.
the two police men trailed me and where about to light me behind wheels claiming i dropped a gun and ran away.wtf it was jus cause i forgot my license na him nake me reverse dey pass another road to avoid coti wohala. i yelled and screamed and when i spoke street to them thrm calm sha.
i follow dem go station.last last na 3k i drop cause i knew someone in d station.
dem tell me say make ai no ever try to run from police during checkpoint o.say i fit no sabi who dey behind trigger say nor be everypilice man be guy man say some are deadly and would shoot asap.
since then baba i humble.
pride killed her

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by Sluvist(m): 6:54am On Jul 07, 2018
This is the exact action of demoralised brain giving weapon to protects lives.
Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by Megmeg: 6:55am On Jul 07, 2018
Aah! What a world of which we are living.
Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by autonomous22: 7:00am On Jul 07, 2018
Blackfyre:

In this Nigeria??
Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I've never understood this.

And rifles are more expensive than pistols.

Nothing quite says Africa like police men with ak47s.

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by GOFRONT(m): 7:06am On Jul 07, 2018
Yesterday, Peof change sex scandal story, See this one too wan change Corper story....

Same way our politicians are there changing story for us everyday
Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by Ziggylady(f): 7:08am On Jul 07, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
so if she was shouting for help then na to kill be victim be the next move or chase the car ...

As in i wonder whether the excuse they gave makes sense to them...according to NP ,killing someone crying for help is the best way to rescue the person..Unfortunately,dismisssal is the worst that will happen to the killer policeman while his victim is stone-cold in the mortuary cry

I am just tired of Nigerian Police and their lack of common sense,professionalism and humanity.

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by miko1988(m): 7:14am On Jul 07, 2018
Akshow:
He should be killed too

From his defense, he said she brought out her head shouting for help so maybe he thought her life was in danger dat is y he fire d shot not knowing she will be d victim

1 Like

Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by Btruth: 7:20am On Jul 07, 2018
Majority of those silly police officers with a rifles are seriously on drugs or drunk.

Nigerian policemen will never learn their lessons.
Re: Benjamin Peters: Policeman Dismissed, Arraigned For Killing Corper Igwetu Linda by talk2percy(m): 7:21am On Jul 07, 2018
I don't trust our judiciary system to follow this case to its logical conclusion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Beats & Locks Up His 3-Year-Old Son In Bayelsa, Cuts His Ear With Scissors / Father Gor Joseph's Facebook Post About Fulani Herdsmen In January Before Death / Nigerian Man Declared Britain's Most Dangerous Prisoner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.