Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,776 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:09 PM

Unhappy Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unhappy Marriage (1077 Views)

Unhappy In Marriage, Pls Advice! / Unhappy Marriage: Ways To Know When It Has Gotten To A Point Of No Return / Many Married Men Are Unhappy... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unhappy Marriage by ronell: 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2010
How do one cope with a husband that finds it very difficult to express himself, don't show emotions any form and most of all, not caring.can't even have a simple decision without an argument which most times I apologise/ keep shut for the sake of peace. All these traits where absent while we where courting.just being married a little over a year, i have decided to join him in displaying his attitude,just to let him know how it feels but it just makes the whole thing worse. Any advise on how to go about it.
Re: Unhappy Marriage by Osama10(m): 11:06pm On Jun 09, 2010
Two wrongs dont make a , !

You're the woman here and should able to influence your man to make the needed changes.
Re: Unhappy Marriage by lallafati(f): 11:44pm On Jun 09, 2010
You certainly shoudnt behave as he does, wrong way to go about it. Have you tried to tell him exactly how you feel in a respectful, non-threatening, non-blaming, loving attitude?
Re: Unhappy Marriage by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 10, 2010
@ronell
I understand what you are going through at the moment. The main problem here is that you have not fully understand your husband yet.

Just wake him up by 4:00 am in the morning and sit him down. Be confident to ask him what the problems are. There maybe some characteristics in you that he is not confortable with and he couldn't express himself. Promise him that you are ready to make amend to ensure your marriage works. Let him know that it takes two for a marriage to be successful.

I appreciate the way you are getting on with him, that shows maturity. Not being able to express himself in marriage is one of his weakpoints and it is your duty to help him work on it. Stick to him and remember that the grass is not always greener somewhere. I am sure things will improve with time. You are passing through a TEST PHASE in marriage which every successful marriage does.
Re: Unhappy Marriage by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 10, 2010
Re: Unhappy Marriage by ta4: 9:59am On Jun 10, 2010
@ poster
i understand how you feel and as earlier said ,two wrongs cant make a right. communication is one of the essential key to a successful marriage and please make sure you don't change yourself i.e trying to be someone else. that will ruin everything.
wish you all the best.
Re: Unhappy Marriage by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 10, 2010
ronell:

How do one cope with a husband that finds it very difficult to express himself, don't show emotions any form and most of all, not caring.can't even have a simple decision without an argument which most times I apologise/ keep shut for the sake of peace. All these traits where absent while we where courting.just being married a little over a year, i have decided to join him in displaying his attitude,just to let him know how it feels but it just makes the whole thing worse. Any advise on how to go about it.

He wasn't that way when you guys were dating?

You need to look at yourself too and see where you've changed. Could be the reason for his attitude!

Like they've said, you need to have a heart to heart with him! Fighting him like you've discorvered will only make things worse.  undecided

But na wah with all these marriage wahala oh, you guyz r scaring the s**t out of me!  undecided
Re: Unhappy Marriage by kufreabasi(m): 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2010
ronell:

Two wrong they say can't make a right. A blind man as well can't a blind man, else two of them fall into a pit. If God has endowed you with better understanding and wisdom, your attitude must influence your husband. You loved him before two of you went into marriage, never join the stream of failures so that you will not fail. Let him see what you see. If he doesn't know, make sure you teach him to know but mind you, apply wisdom. Never pretend to be the head, he is the head.
Re: Unhappy Marriage by Fhemmmy: 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2010
trying to find him out.
First, you need to know yourself, then, try to know him

(1) (Reply)

Man Joystick Bitten By Cat!!! / An Open Letter To My Cousin At His 12th Birthday / Is Naming Ceremony Compulsory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.