Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! (24981 Views)

Please I Need Help!!! Three Interviews In A Day / Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks / Please Help: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3weeks And Lost All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by capnies: 11:27am On Jul 07, 2018
You have to embrace God without which you wouldn't get anything good except you want to worship the devil. I have had similar experience that even my father's brother refused me entry into shell. I forgive him. First realize that God owns everything and pray to remove obstacles, you must be in good standing with God, then you'll see the change. Some of those that rejected you may even call you back.

1 Like

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by xtervaganza(m): 11:28am On Jul 07, 2018
If you did medicals and still got rejected I hope you don't have an illness

Just asking oo
Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by Bhol28: 11:29am On Jul 07, 2018
Bro,try and sit down,relax your mind and recollect all the questions you were asked and your answers.Some interview questions appear to be so easy but they need to be answered tactically.probably u keep giving irrelevant or inadequate answers to one or two of those questions.Do more research about answers to these questions and change at your next interview and with faith you will overcome.

2 Likes

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by nathanjohn2808: 11:32am On Jul 07, 2018
xtervaganza:
If you did medicals and still got rejected I hope you don't have an illness

Just asking oo
Im totally fine. Zero HIV. Normal BP. No Hepatitis. Good eye sight. No defect at all.
Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by madgoat(m): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2018
nathanjohn2808:
The past few weeks have been very busy for me, I have gotten invitations all over for various recruitment tests and Interviews. I scaled all down to the last stage but the final interview always doesn't favour me. There was this one I had even done medicals for and still got a reject after the final interview.
These are things I know about my job application.
My CV is definitely top notch because I get many invites.
I'm intelligent because I pass almost all recruitment test.
I sell myself also because I pass the HR almost always.
Just the final interviews hold me back.
Please what could be the problem?

Maybe its a sign you are destined to hawk gala and pure water in traffic as a job kiss
Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by nenergy(m): 11:38am On Jul 07, 2018
This was a comment to the first thread of same topic, but Potbelly asked me to post here.

The problem might not be from you. I am tired of applicants always blaming themselves. Truth is some of these companies have non-existent to shitty HR policies. Some do bogus recruitments to cover nepotistic hires and make recruitment choices based the most flimsy and trivial criteria.
E.g Address, age of your immmediate boss-to-be, school you graduated from etc

HR departments are run by humans and humans make mistakes. I have heard stories where the wrong candidate was given the job because HR manager circled the wrong name. Wrong guy had resigned from his job and started training before error was realized...too late.

Let me use Workforce Gbagada as an example. I interviewed for a banking role, submitted guarantor forms, past pay slips and court affidavit, all that remained was an offer letter. Then I heard nothing till date. Sent mails and called, yet nothing. This was 3 years ago. Hilariously, i got called twice to know if i was still under their employment. Just imagine, i wasn't officially given the job but my name was in their database as an employee. How do you explain that? grin

Best practice demands you give an applicant closure. A simple regret email will have sufficed but no...not workforce.

U-Connect nko? In 2014, I interviewed for Corporate Relationship Representative role for iPNx has they were expanding then. 4 of us from various telecoms firms were selected after briefing and were told to expect further information. Till today, nothing. I send mails and called...still nothing.

From the top of my head, here are a few reasons i can think of.

1. You are overqualified
2. Your boss-to-be is younger
3. Health reasons, get a comprehensive blood test
4. They can't meet your salary expectations or you currently earn more than they intend to pay.
4. You are a victim of bogus recruitment to cover nepotism

2 Likes

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by zone51: 11:39am On Jul 07, 2018
nathanjohn2808:
I sell myself also because I pass the HR almost always.Just the final interviews hold me back.

Bro, check your religious life, Your spiritual life is weak. undecided

Good things don't come easily, you need to be MORE prayerful, 3 finals of 3 Major interviews and LOST all isn't just ordinary.

Next time, try fast a day before going for interview and give alms/offerings to the poor or needy.

If you are a christian, Read Pslam 3, 9, 18, 36, 108 into water 7 seven times, Drink n Bath with it.

If you are a Muslim, Recite [url=https://www.wattpad.com/245205144-islamic-articles-quotes-%E2%98%85hayyu-dafiu%E2%98%85]HAYYU DAFIU[/url] 7 times or any amount you can BUT odd number...after which you can kill a chicken (If capable) and give it to the needy.

If you are a traditionalist, you need Eyonu awon Agba wink... Won't disclose that here, try look for it...

Good luck in your next try. cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by springtech(m): 11:44am On Jul 07, 2018
In as much as i see you got all it takes to get the desired job.
Top notch CV
Intelligence
Marketability.

One thing is obviously lacking on that list.
The God factor.

Brother please involve God.
The bible says...this type goeth not out except by fasting and prayers.

Trust me. I have been there.
I kept getting invites. I was always very close to clinching the job.
That remained my song until i went spirirual.

It was obvious my case was beyond normal.
God had to be involved.

Today the story has changed.
To him alone be the glory.

#OIC gang
#Averageof500ksalary

2 Likes

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by thunderbabs: 11:53am On Jul 07, 2018
Bring 3 well fed local fowls, 3 kolanuts, 1 keg of fresh palm wine, 1 litre of refined groundnut oil, fried rice ingredients, and 1 bag of10kg rice.... Dassol

Ur problems over wink
Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by iamjavadem(m): 11:54am On Jul 07, 2018
Dont add skills that you can't rate yourself at least 70% on your CV that way you will be among top candidates when contacted. I believe the rejection would come via mail and a vague reason given but it will point you to reason why you lost the job. Even if you were among top candidates, and you lost doesn't mean you should give up. I always learnt a lesson from each interview I failed.
nathanjohn2808:
The past few weeks have been very busy for me, I have gotten invitations all over for various recruitment tests and Interviews. I scaled all down to the last stage but the final interview always doesn't favour me. There was this one I had even done medicals for and still got a reject after the final interview.

1 Like

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by eyinjuege: 11:57am On Jul 07, 2018
How did you get to the stage of medical and still got rejected?
You better go and test yourself first and foremost, and be sure you're alright healthwise
Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by IkemChris(m): 11:58am On Jul 07, 2018
Please what could be the problem?[/quote]
This might be the reason why they won't employ you. Most firms in Nigeria can't pay people whose CV's are top notched, intelligent and over confident. They might be thinking you will be too expensive for them. But keep trying you will get there.

1 Like

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by Dedetwo(m): 12:02pm On Jul 07, 2018
nathanjohn2808:

You are being used for record purposes. The position you have been interviewed had already been filled.

1 Like

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by killuminati(m): 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2018
nathanjohn2808:

Almost tot it was them.
It was getting out of hand.
Thanks.
grin

Don't ever think that again! cry

1 Like

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by nathanjohn2808: 12:06pm On Jul 07, 2018
Dedetwo:

You are being used for record purposes. The position you have been interviewed had already been filled.
Nop.
I know people who actually got some of these jobs.
I strongly believe people who think like this have either low self esteem or low qualifications.
Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by isidiwent: 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2018
Go to Mountain of Fire Church for deliverance
Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by Oluwapresley(m): 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2018
nathanjohn2808:

Please, ah beg you, can you send me your CV? I want to fine tune mine. please. temieyeghosa@gmail.com
thanks in anticipation.
Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by killuminati(m): 12:13pm On Jul 07, 2018
tompat86:

bro,u dey sleep at all?FTC on almost all the thread...may God bless ur hustle
grin
Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by nathanjohn2808: 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2018
Oluwapresley:

Please, ah beg you, can you send me your CV? I want to fine tune mine. please. temieyeghosa@gmail.com
thanks in anticipation.
Maybe I should turn it to work self.
Just today after this post I have received over 20mails demanding my CV or help with CV editing.
If you can pay, I would.
Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by dabossman(m): 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2018
Take this advice seriously. It may be an attitude vibe you are passing across without knowing. Most importantly, don't despair, your time will come soon. Just pray and believe.

LexngtonSteele:
" I am intelligent ".... "My C.V. is top-notch"

Might be your cocky attitude. These are self-assessments which are likely biased and subjective.

Poor hygiene .... giving off the wrong aura ( overconfidence, know-it-all manner, too meek etc) might also repulse them at the last stage.

Be confident but don't over do it... these jobs might just not be the best fit for you and yours is right by the corner. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 07, 2018
I don't know what happens during the last stages of the hiring process in Nigeria (with our tribalism and biases), but my question to you is: what happens at the final stage that is different from the rest of the stages you go through? Narrow this and work on changing your previous final stage approaches.

Remember, companies exist to make money through sale of products and/or services. NGOs, ofcourse, may have non-financial motives - except for those who work there, but the point is that organizations exist to deliver something of value for a profit and NOT TO GIVE PEOPLE JOBS.

So, the purpose of the employment screening process is to bring on-board employees who can best help the organization to achieve its aim, which may be to sell a product or service for profit, or to achieve some social/humanitarian aim (NGOs).

To be hired, you must show that you have the requisite skills for the job and are motivated enough to help the organization achieve its short-term tactical (everyday) goals and long-term strategic (big picture) objectives.

To show the screeners or interveiwers that you are the best person for the job: Use specific scenarios to show them how your skills (both soft and hard), education(both formal and informal), and experience (both direct and indirect) make you the best fit for the position. Use specific examples, from past experiences (school projects and informal jobs also count) to show how your skills and motivation would help the company to achieve its aim.

The company wants to make money. So, this is not about you, it is about the company. So, your answers should always tilt to how you will help the company to achieve whatever it wants to achieve, not what you want to gain.

In doing this, indulge the interviewers by ask them questions about what motivates them to succeed. You can present specific initiatives and explain how it can add value to the company's bottom line. For instance, show how you'd contribute to a project or sales situation where, you, alongside the interviewer/s, were in the same team tasked with closing the deal.

The interviewers are also employees of the company, so by engaging them in this manner you immediately show how you can work with them to achieve feats for the company. Your aim is to show you understand what the company wants to do and have the skills and ideas that can help them achieve their aim.

Again, highlight your skills, up your enthusiasm for the job, show you know what the company wants to do, and provide some insight into how you will contribute and add-value to the team.

You only need one YES. So, don't let the many NOs discourage you. Present yourself as a valuable addition to the company and they will surely say YES, in your next interview.

2 Likes

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by phemmyfour: 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2018
AKzee:

Does the TV show still exist? If it does... When exactly?
galaxy or Ait
Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by AmTruth: 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2018
I think it's nice you find out from the HR why you aren't called to start job. Causes might be Higher Salary expectations, maybe medical concerns and other things I would urge you to fearlessly find out from the HRs to get you prepared for subsequent interviews.
Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by Viruscod3d: 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2018
Whenever you are going for ur next interview dont fvck .. even if you have to, dont do it in ur house .. go to a hotel .. i am serious no b joke ..

3 Likes

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by usebog: 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2018
Don't give up my brother

1 Like

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by blackgold2018(m): 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2018
nathanjohn2808:

Maybe I should turn it to work self.
Just today after this post I have received over 20mails demanding my CV or help with CV editing.
If you can pay, I would.
Hmm this's a wrong attitude, idea and timing to do such business.. be wise bro. Such me your "top notch" cv joor let me edit mine. Raymondkalu24@gmail.com
Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by nnemak(m): 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2018
nathanjohn2808:
Congratulations @nathanjohn2808 , 1st for knowing something is not right and secondly for asking for advice. Appreciate yourself for the several interview offers (thousands of Nigerian graduates apply for jobs without receiving acknowledgement while you not only get considered but get to those final interview.)
Do you know that "the darkest hour is just before the dawn'"?
I have been in your shoes previously and relax as you would get a job within the next interview(s ) you would land.

Bear this in mind
1. All the past interview is to be looked at as "Mock" interview, so go back and review all;.
(a). What would you have done better? Or said better?
(b) Know that your interviewer is not the one that denied you previous OFFER''s , so how is your attitude? Be calm and relax, he/she just is as curious as you are! Most don't even prepare so you have more advantage!
(c) Target! On the last interview, who do you target to impress mainly? unless you are a HR professional , target the lead from your further unit. Eg if your final panel consists of HR Mgr, Security Mgr and IT Manager and you are been considered for an Software Engineer, then your target would be the IT Manager. HR did their job by shortlisting you, Security is an observer while the department (in this example ) IT has final say who they would extend an offer to!
2. Start Preparing for your next interview; but this time extend your efforts more on soft skillsurface, dressing, outward expression, personal presentation, show confidence, make eye contact, smile more etc.

Like I said initially congratulations as I see you landing your job soon.

2 Likes

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by zinaunreal(m): 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2018
Mod wey remove my comment eh be like say hand dey scratch you to work abi make them no sack you. Rubbish
Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by daylae(m): 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2018
Many organizations are gradually moving away from the conventional way of conducting interviews and now employ the services of professionals,and clichés surrounding interviews are no more enough for evaluation and assessment because they don't guarantee getting the right candidates for the job. For example, you talked about your good CV and doing well before the final stage. After they might have screened the CVs of candidates,tested your general intelligence and aptness in relevance to the job, they also test your emotional intelligence (EQ) which is usually and deliberately left as the last huddle for preferred candidates. Most people fail at this point,probably because they are now confident they've gotten the job. The thing is, even as you receive a congratulatory hand shake, one question can just pop out, and when you're caught off guard by giving the wrong response to the tricky question thinking the interview process is over, you'll eventually lose the job . You might need to check yourself in this area if that's the case. . cheers

1 Like

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by emmyid(m): 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2018
blackgold2018:
Hmm this's a wrong attitude, idea and timing to do such business.. be wise bro. Such me your "top notch" cv joor let me edit mine. Raymondkalu24@gmail.com

Hahahahaha
Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by exposition: 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2018
repackage yourself bro!appearance .self confidence ,comportment and mode of dressing and how you present yourself!

1 Like

Re: I Reached Final Stages Of 3 Major Interviews In 3 Weeks & Lost All. Please Help! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2018
LexngtonSteele:

"It's a true" ....you think we are talking about interview for gala sellers abi ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes / Npower: Payment Of Stipend Begins / GTB Recruitment 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.