Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK (56083 Views)

ABU Student Kills Secondary School Boy Over Homosexual Advances / Kenyan Woman Kills Herself And Her Two Children Over Husband's Infidelity (Pics) / Mother Kills Herself And Child After Father Denied The Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by annford: 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2018
Nothing in this World, absolutely nothing, is worth dying for.
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by wink2015(m): 3:33pm On Jul 07, 2018
What a world!

Bad News Everywhere!

WE ARE LIVING IN A CRAZY WORLD - Lucky Dube
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by cnonyechi(f): 3:33pm On Jul 07, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
Depression is real.
2 major causes are emotional and financial problems.

Every day is a struggle.
The only person who can fight depression is the one who suffers from it.

It is SOLELY a personal fight. . . Without medication or pastors.

You MUST confront the objects of your depressive state and CONQUER them with sheer determination.

For those who believe in medication, I really hope it helps. The side effects are worse than the depression. undecided

Yes I feel u. What ever it is be determined dat it won't kill u
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by kmaster007: 3:33pm On Jul 07, 2018
cnonyechi:

Abi ooo. Eeeh see me oo
God supposed punish her for dat... wen man d find hw I go take comot for this Nigerian... UK my dream country.. chai... or UK don turn Nigerian
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by decatalyst(m): 3:35pm On Jul 07, 2018
ottizz:

If you are inside the top floor of a high rise building that is on fire with no way to escape save by jumping off through an open window, what would you do? Will you jump? Or will you let the fire consume you?

Unless you're in the same circumstance of a depressed person, you may never understand why that person had to take their own life.

Bro, the bolded is not a depression situation. Don't mix it up. A brave person will do anything to try to save his/her own life.
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Saff(f): 3:35pm On Jul 07, 2018
oloriooko:
You school in the UK
You have your parents live in the UK
You are probably UK citizen
You have a bright future finishing from a school in UK

Yet you took your life, this does not add up so that friend should be investigated as well as other friends and neighbours
and so? Depression can catch anyone, even the wealthy cry. Life is so hard, everybody has struggles. No matter how pretty it may seem on the outside

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by falimaram: 3:36pm On Jul 07, 2018
[He was first detained in July 1993 under the regime of General Babagida. His offences then was that he advocated for the revalidation of the result of the 12 June 1993 Presidential election polls won by the Late Chief M. K. O. Abiola. Sani was charged at a magistrate court, Ibrahim Taiwo Road, Kaduna, for sedition. During the interim government of Chief Earnest Shonekan, Sani was arrested and detained for two weeks and later charged to court for sedition again. During General
Sani Abacha's regime, he was implicated in the 1995 phantom coup and subsequently jailed for life and later commuted to 15 years by the Patrick Aziza Special Military Tribunal that convicted the likes of General Olusegun Obasanjo (later President), Col Lawan Gwadabe (rtd) and Chris Anyanwu and other journalists; his charges were: "Accessory to the fact of treason and managing an unlawful society (the Campaign for Democracy)". He was detained in various prisons: Kirikiri, Kaduna, Port-Harcourt, Enugu and Aba.
Before his several incarcerations, Sani co-founded the Movement for Unity and Progress and teamed up with other northern progressives such as Col. Abubakar Dangiwa Umar (rtd.), Dr Bala Usman, Mr James Bawa Magaji and Alhaji Balarabe Musa, to fight for the actualization of 12 June annulled presidential election and other causes.
Sani is renowned for providing human rights campaign support to the poor and the disadvantage and in the process had clashed with security agents and other state power-wielders.
During the religious riots in Kaduna in 2000, he was the only human right activist in Kaduna that came out in the heat of the violence to condemn the massacre. In 2005, he was appointed to reshape the civil society in the national conference. Tradition rulers in the conference asked that Shehu Sani be barred from further speaking went he asked for their dissolution because of their pliant support for military dictator in the past. The chairman of the commission, Justice Niki Tobi turned down the call. During the riot in Kaduna, he pioneered the distribution of relief materials and initiated the visit to the “war zone” at the time when it was the most suicidal thing to contemplate.
Sani has organized and led protests, namely:
Against Iraq invasion of the state of Kuwait
Against the Israeli war on Gaza
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by fortune1968: 3:36pm On Jul 07, 2018
nuti:
Sad news indeed embarassed
Forensic analysis:
1. She could have been killed and hung up
2. She could have really killed herself
The loss awaiting Buhari in 2019 election is still doing press up
Wishful thinking .Any analytical mind know that President Buhari will surely win again It is then that retrogressive people and supporter of thieves like you WILL COMMIT SUICIDE .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Grupo(m): 3:41pm On Jul 07, 2018
decatalyst:

Hey! Let me repeat it for the Upton time, ONLY A COWARD TAKE THEIR OWN LIFE!

Bro, it doesn't solve anything. It breeds more pain for those left behind.

The best is to look for help from the right ones...work on your mental strength and find solace in something, ur friend or family, music, activities, mosque or church fate. Never isolate your self...that is the first damage depression does. Have it at the back of your mind that the worst has happened and you MUST conquer the worst because it is just a 'test' of who you are.

I have seen people suffered a quantum losses,damage and they pulled through to be a fighter.

Every phase of life is just like a story book, the ups and downs are what makes your story worth reading.

Never end your story by yourself.

Stop regurgitating what you were told or things you read in a motivational booklet.

Note: I'm not in any way suicidal.

However, I often salute the courage of those who committed suicide. It takes more courage to die than to live. I wonder where this "someone who commits suicide is a coward" narrative is stemming from.
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2018
decatalyst:

Bro, the bolded is not a depression situation. Don't mix it up. A brave person will do anything to try to save his/her own life.

It is just an analogy. But you didn't answer the question. What would you do?
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by bolinjkezzy(m): 3:49pm On Jul 07, 2018
adetoroamos:
depression is bad, wetin me self they face pass my age 'oloun
Tell us more?
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by doeeyed: 3:49pm On Jul 07, 2018
This should be thoroughly investigated.

She's the second girl in recent times with s suicide verdict.. Her case looks very suspicious.

1) why did she go to Cardiff, .....a hotel in Cardiff to commit the act and not somewhere closer,eg that famous suicide bridge in Bristol ,--- a "runs" event gone bad??
2) why is only 1 not several people aware of the "depression"?
3) why didn't the said person raise an alarm, as we Naija people do because of our tatafo!!
4) where are GP records or other eye witness accounts of her depressive episodes??
5) she left no notes, instead visited her family just days to the event...,.naaa..... She was killed

The family better get a PI to dig in and expose the people behind their daughter's death.. Or at least the significant events preceding it.

Be careful of the friends you keep...

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by newbie2018: 3:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
depression is so so real.

my experience with depression sometimes almost makes me breakdown in tears but how can I cry when all I know now is joy.

PS; never ever give up, keep yourself busy outdoors... life is beautiful trust me
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by decatalyst(m): 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2018
ottizz:

It is just an analogy. But you didn't answer the question. What would you do?

The analogy is way too off the topic. Don't throw a "red herring" I am a student of argument... wink
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by KanwuliaExtra: 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2018
cnonyechi:

Yes I feel u. What ever it is be determined dat it won't kill u

Oh yes o. Depression is like an evil spirit. Never let it win.

Medical problems are the real spirit-breakers.

When you can’t take care of yourself or you have to depend on people to wipe your behind. cry

Too many life challenges I swear!
How do you smile with knowing you are going to die from an illness? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by 1Sharon(f): 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2018
cnonyechi:
But wait oo someone who lives and schools in d UK is having depression for wat na? Wen most people are dying to be in her position. Well different strokes for different folks

We all have things that bother us
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by geezynoni: 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2018
Nightmareo07:
I suspect foul play, maybe she was murdered
Being a Yoruba girl and how yoruba girls run prostitution in U.K and London city I suspect she has has been r*aped and killed.

I think they should investigate her death very well. Nobody deserves to die that way nomatter what.
R.I.P
However, Miss Ogundipe’s close friend, Hannah Agbeyegbe, in a written statement read out to the court, said: “She was an independent person. Quite private. .
She didn’t really talk a lot about her personal life. It was around this time (when she moved to Bristol) that she disclosed to me that she was depressed and she had been having suicidal thoughts.”
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by bimbod(m): 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2018
decatalyst:

Hey! Let me repeat it for the Upton time, ONLY A COWARD TAKE THEIR OWN LIFE!

Bro, it doesn't solve anything. It breeds more pain for those left behind.

The best is to look for help from the right ones...work on your mental strength and find solace in something, ur friend or family, music, activities, mosque or church fate. Never isolate your self...that is the first damage depression does. Have it at the back of your mind that the worst has happened and you MUST conquer the worst because it is just a 'test' of who you are.

I have seen people suffered a quantum losses,damage and they pulled through to be a fighter.

Every phase of life is just like a story book, the ups and downs are what makes your story worth reading.

Never end your story by yourself.

life still dey sweet you na why... u never jam real sadness

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by oloriooko(m): 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2018
Saff:
and so? Depression can catch anyone, even the wealthy cry. Life is so hard, everybody has struggles. No matter how pretty it may seem on the outside

if she wan see hard life and struggles make she come 9ja mtcweee
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Saff(f): 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2018
oloriooko:

if she wan see hard life and struggles make she come 9ja mtcweee
shut up. Cow

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by oloriooko(m): 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2018
Saff:
shut up. Cow
No wonder depression don finish you better wake up b4 you end your miserable life like that girl grin
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Essential(m): 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2018
nuti:
Sad news indeed embarassed
Forensic analysis:
1. She could have been killed and hung up
2. She could have really killed herself
The loss awaiting Buhari in 2019 election is still doing press up

go and hug transformer because of buhari
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Paulpaulpaul(m): 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2018
ottizz:

If you are inside the top floor of a high rise building that is on fire with no way to escape save by jumping off through an open window, what would you do? Will you jump? Or will you let the fire consume you?

Unless you're in the same circumstance of a depressed person, you may never understand why that person had to take their own life.

You guys have raised salient points, it's been a while I read sensible thoughts on nairaland like this but then, there is no justification whatsoever to take ones life.

I read one of Martin Luther King Jr speeches and he said " if you have nothing to die for, you have no reason to live" It's eternal to die for something worthy not mere problem that will end
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by decatalyst(m): 4:02pm On Jul 07, 2018
bimbod:

life still dey sweet you na why... u never jam real sadness

Lol! You just wrote that without having an idea what others have passed through. Hmmm...I give glory to God sha.

Bottom line, write a good story and don't limit the number of pages by yourself.
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by KingBaba1(m): 4:07pm On Jul 07, 2018
adetoroamos:
depression is bad, wetin me self they face pass my age 'oloun
Everyone have worries, i pray may God help u out soon.. Sucide is not an option please
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by PennywysCares(m): 4:07pm On Jul 07, 2018
cnonyechi:

I know how hard it is but remember only tough people last. Don't ever think suicide for it shall all comw to PASS. always depend and speak solely to God
to some people they feel God, but to others the presence of God is nowhere to be found around them, the existence of God seems like imagination as they never testify
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by PennywysCares(m): 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2018
cnonyechi:

I know how hard it is but remember only tough people last. Don't ever think suicide for it shall all comw to PASS. always depend and speak solely to God
God is not helpful in their situations
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Nightmareo07: 4:29pm On Jul 07, 2018
geezynoni:

However, Miss Ogundipe’s close friend, Hannah Agbeyegbe, in a written statement read out to the court, said: “She was an independent person. Quite private. .
She didn’t really talk a lot about her personal life. It was around this time (when she moved to Bristol) that she disclosed to me that she was depressed and she had been having suicidal thoughts.”

I'm not condemning her.
A prostitute will also tell u shez and "independent woman" becoz they blive the are also working. Here in naija They call themselves "self employed" when asked about occupation.

She said shez depressed and not taking suicide. Just thinking outta d box shaa.
Rip to her. Shez so young
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by AreaFada2: 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2018
Rip.
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by els0nm0rali(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2018
Nightmareo07:
I suspect foul play, maybe she was murdered
Being a Yoruba girl and how yoruba girls run prostitution in U.K and London city I suspect she has has been r*aped and killed.

I think they should investigate her death very well. Nobody deserves to die that way nomatter what.
R.I.P

I was wondering when the ethnic coloration was going to feature and voilà you jumped right to it. You couldn't even resist being stupid this once as an honor to the dead?
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by emperorblog(m): 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2018
nuti:

Sorry to hear that, but don’t take anything in this life seriuosly to heart so much to hurt ur life.
Life should be taken gently

i once attempted suicide last yeaf after depression suck me up. i look at the sharp knife in my hand and ask my self

where am i going to if i die
wht are the dead people doing

i just drop d knife and face d,chaallenge ahead one day it go better
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2018
decatalyst:

The analogy is way too off the topic. Don't throw a "red herring" I am a student of argument... wink

You are so much in a haste, which is why you are not seeing the connection. Let me explain.

The logical thing to do will be to jump (based on the narrative). This person probably realizes that death awaits by jumping, just like being engulfed by the fire. However, he chooses to jump. Why? Probably because he wanted to choose a less painful death.

Now people looking up from the ground and seeing this person, and not aware of the"fire," will be shouting, "don't jump"! If these people become aware of the situation this person is faced with, would they still be shouting, "don't jump"?

I hope you are able to see the connection and the deeper meaning. If you still can't see it, then you are on your own.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Robbers In Rivers Kill SARS Official, Police Sergeant & Army Captain (Graphic / Lady Steals The Plasma TV Of A Hotel In Delta Where She Lodged,gets Caught(pics) / 45-Year-Old Man Caught Having Sex With Neighbor’s 12-Year-Old Daughter In Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.