Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian (13654 Views)

2023 Elections Are An Improvement On 2003, 2007 And 2019 Elections - Reno Omokri / UK To Commit 47.4m Pounds On Nigeria’s 2019 Elections / 2019 ELECTIONS: Saraki, Dogara’s Supporters Consider ADC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by nex(m): 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2018
Wazobia TV interviews Nejeeb Bello Oyarese about preparations for the 2019 Elections in Nigeria, how prepared INEC is to ensure the process is up to standards, and how the voters can ensure their votes count.

INEC Must Make Future Elections More Digital & Electronic

I talked about how INEC can make the electoral process easier by making registration and voting more digital. If GTBank can give us secure access to the money in our bank accounts using our phone numbers, emails, and biometric information, then why is INEC unable to implement something similar with voter registration and actual casting of votes?

About 100,000,000 Nigerian have access to the internet, electronic and mobile connectivity. It is very critical that the Independent National Electoral Commission makes registration and voting more convenient. Asking millions of Nigerians to leave their places of work and school in order to register to vote should not continue beyond 2019.

New Nigerian Politicians Must Arise For Nigeria 2019 Elections

Also discussed are the prospects of youths in Governance. How younger, newer candidates can participate in running for office at the different levels, especially with the newly passed Not Too Young To Run bill. I encouraged Nigerians between the ages of 25 and 35 to rise up, get registered to vote, join political parties, and present themselves to be voted for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61SHECsO6Rs

New politicians running for office is not necessarily restricted to the young. All the different groups which have been marginalized have to come forth in 2019 and put forward their best foot.

No one is going to give elected positions to them out of pity.

We need more women too. I’m advocating for a fifty percent share of elected offices to women, and even more if they can compete for them. There are many issue about girls and women which only women can fully understand, and being in public office will easily facilitate solutions to those issues.

President Emmanuel Macron Of France As An Example For Youths In Nigeria 2019 Elections

President of France, Emmanuel Macron came to Nigeria, and these 1966 and Civil War politicians are falling over themselves to see him, while at the same time telling Nigerians of his age that they’re not ready to be Governors, or President.

Macron himself made statements indicating the current political set up in Nigeria was not working for the betterment of the future of Nigeria, but maintaining the systems of the past.

[img]https://alexis.lindaikejisblog.com/photos/shares/5b3e3b1309494.PNG[/img]

Many Nigerian youths assume Macron was able to achieve his feat because France was ready for him, but the French President explained that he was to it wasn’t his time yet, and he was asked to wait his turn.

Mr Macron said if he had asked for permission to do the things he had to do to become President, then he wouldn’t be coming to Nigeria as President during this visit. He urged Nigerian youths to take risks and dare t do the things which were necessary to achieve what they dreamed. All we have to do is reduce the loss they will bear in case of failure.

Financing For New Politicians In The Nigeria 2019 Elections

Financing is a big deal for new aspirants coming into politics to contest for office, and the solution to that problem is crowdfunding using platforms like donate.ng, GoFundMe.com, and QuickRaiz.com .

As the older generation of greedy politicians are going around sharing a small percentage of money stolen from the Government back to the people, they are investing that little share of the loot in order to have access to our collective treasury where there’s ten times what they spent.

The new breed of politicians have to understand that in civilized countries, political campaigns are run with donations from the general public. When the general public invest in a candidate, then it is that candidate who now takes up the responsibility of making sure the people get returns on their investment, and they will hold her or him responsible.

Wazobia TV Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJZBWpE00H0

SOURCE: http://www.barbaric.com.ng/nigeria-2019-elections-people-prospects-and-preparations-for-new-people-in-government
Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:17am On Jul 08, 2018
The future starts today.
The future begins with the youths.
The future begins with you and I.
Youths that won't disappoint us like the Salisu Buharis and Dimeji Bankoles.....
Nigeria will be great again!
In ONE NIGERIA we stand.
Get your PVC ready.
God bless Nigeria.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by Ayoswit(f): 6:18am On Jul 08, 2018
Until our analog president gives way for a digital president, the aforementioned would not happen. Buhari must go 2019.

5 Likes

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by B3sty(m): 6:19am On Jul 08, 2018
Hmmm, It's Time to get our PVC's!
Get yours Now for a better Nigeria!!!
let's Vote out the Terrorist of a President from Aso Rock.
God Bless Nigeria!!!

3 Likes

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by felixawe(m): 6:20am On Jul 08, 2018
the only future 4 naija is buhari to be voted out and prosecuted

18 Likes

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by plainol(m): 6:20am On Jul 08, 2018
The short term solution to making wrong choice in 2019 is for the enlightened YOU & ME to educate those ignorant people around us to vote for quality.

Let them understand that the more they show they are a greedy set of people to politicians by demanding money and favours from them during campaigns, the more these people gets annoyed and wicked towards them.

Collecting money and goodies to vote is more or less like taking a loan with unspecified interest on it.

It's about our vision, most of us are short sighted to know what to demand from politicians, its not about #500 to vote.

Collecting money to vote should be seem as 'Crime against the state, same for the giver also'

STOP JEOPARDISING OUR FUTURE BECAUSE OF QUICK GREED.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by ologuntheo(m): 6:22am On Jul 08, 2018
hope for the younger genration
Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by Drsamuel20(m): 6:23am On Jul 08, 2018
awesome
Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by Bossontop(m): 6:23am On Jul 08, 2018
undecided undecided
Good ideas.....but talk is cheap and until the old pipu are ready to give the youths the chance, the youths being the leaders of tomorrow will continue to be a mirage and mere empty words used to deceive the youths to wait for a tomorrow that will never come........if the old pipu can just drop their greed, selfish and power hungry ambitions and give chance to vibrant youth flowing and beaming with fresh ideas then we may yet be able to salvage nigeria but if not, well we all know the path the coutry is plying right now.
Imagine some old cargoes pipu like buhari that have failed woefully will still want to contest 2019 elections

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 08, 2018
please I've finally gotten my PVC.

who exactly do I vote for come 2019.

please all those shouting get your PVC,help a brother out

4 Likes

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by Ttipsy(f): 6:26am On Jul 08, 2018
unless we stop voting old things to Power, no new prospects in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by peterkelechi30(m): 6:27am On Jul 08, 2018
We should stop recycling old criminals ASAP. vote the youth ! vote the youth ! na some of those lazy youths go still collect money, sell their votes and become political thug for those old criminals

5 Likes

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 08, 2018
Did I just read Electronic voting in Nigeria??

This type of voting still make rigging difficult for our politicians.

Introducing electronic voting will make their Occupation (Rigging) easier.

1 Like

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by kurupt1: 6:29am On Jul 08, 2018
Nice one op but is anyone preventing the youths from venturing into politics? And what is this talk about giving women 50% of political posts? Is there anywhere in the constitution that stipulates against women running for elections?They have to earn it abi they want to use feminism to get positions without sweating like the menfolk?

7 Likes

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by bamoski4real: 6:32am On Jul 08, 2018
Some ipob drunkards in this forum will choose to disagree.

The only thing they know how to do is to be stupid.

1 Like

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by Metuh: 6:35am On Jul 08, 2018
post=69180402:
The future starts today.
The future begins with the youths.
The future begins with you and I.
Youths that won't disappoint us like the Salisu Buharis and Dimeji Bankoles.....
Nigeria will be great again!
In ONE NIGERIA we stand.
God bless Nigeria.
Do you even ever sleep Modelmike7?

5 Likes

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by PennywysCares(m): 6:35am On Jul 08, 2018
Ok
Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by Metuh: 6:35am On Jul 08, 2018
bamoski4real:

What do you know how to do?

1 Like

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by chrisbaxtian(m): 6:37am On Jul 08, 2018
bamoski4real:

will you shut up! angry ipob is the only thing you know his to talk about. dumb fvck

8 Likes

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:40am On Jul 08, 2018
Wishful write up with some good points.

But once again, the basis of politics is not discussed.
It's high time we separate politics from governance.

The essence on political association is common political ideology, which all our political parties lack.
It has nothing to do with age,sex,tribe or religious affiliation.

3 Likes

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 08, 2018
KingLinglee:
please I've finally gotten my PVC.
who exactly do I vote for come 2019.
please all those shouting get your PVC,help a brother out

Vote Sango! Only him can solve our problem in Nigeria

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by TheEminentLaity: 6:46am On Jul 08, 2018
As a young person, I would love to see much younger people across the board of the political terrain. But, it seems the narrative is rapidly being expressed as Being Young = Competence.

Let's admit, the young people in Nigeria today are some of the most unlettered crop I've come across in my experience as a traveller even within African countries. Many University graduates today in Nigeria don't even know how to spell, don't know basic things a state sec school leaver say in Ghana or Zimbabwe ought to know, little wonder intellectual thought and discussions are almost never observed among them. The girls are so much worse, and my heart bleeds cry every time I imagine the future of Nigeria, with my experience as a teacher in public schools around the country, especially comparatively with other thriving African nations like Rwanda etc. We sure haven't seen anything yet. Wait to see the next 20 years, if you live long enough.

Extreme religiosity is synonymous with poverty and ignorance. The predominant religions in Nigeria were largely intellectual during its propagation ie. involved lots of studying and reading and thinking, but today it has morphed into a repugnant show of terrorists, daydreamers, scammers, magicians and money launderers; and the young are just too disillusioned to even read and investigate their religions to see how it holds them back from being great and useful to themselves and society.

I am advocate for good standard education for everyone in a society because it is what Nigeria needs. A state-of-emergency on all levels of education in the country for the next 15-30 years because if you think Buhari used a fake certificate but at least can speak some form of good English, or Kemi at least she was intelligent enough to graduate from a solid institution. watch this space in the next decade, where virtually everyone sorted their courses for grades and degrees would start showing up. It would become a choice between an illiterate with graduate degrees and illiterates with degrees.

The ones able to understand my post are geared up to leave for Canada or US or wherever, the one that remain are those from schools you guys abandoned as local and public schools with no teachers, chairs, and materials. Those people are the future politicians and leaders of future Nigeria.

Buhari is old (nothing wrong in being old btw we hope to get there someday) and ultra-conservative and has no business running a country like Nigeria. He has proven many times that he is incapable of deep thought and useful policies. GEJ, the educated one was not any better, in fact, given the resources, he was a colossal embarrassment and I'm his kinsman, if that counts for anything.

So people, Vote and make sure your vote counts according to your conscience. Do what you can for Nigeria and leave it better than you found it. Don't plunder the country because it is already bad and the future is bleak.

Save Public Schools! Save the future.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by abbaapple: 6:46am On Jul 08, 2018
angry

Smh lipsrsealed
Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by bamoski4real: 6:51am On Jul 08, 2018
Metuh:

What do you know how to do?

Why not ask your daddy that question.
Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by bamoski4real: 6:52am On Jul 08, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

will you shut up! angry ipob is the only thing you know his to talk about. dumb fvck

Lalasticlala rule 2
Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by lascopes(m): 6:55am On Jul 08, 2018
Youth take risk for where, you wan die. I'm I a Jesus to save this country called zoogeria? If all the baba isale die, then I can come out and say bla bla bla
Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by 21savages: 6:57am On Jul 08, 2018
On the day of election mst pipo shutin on social media will be at home watchin the election on TV lyk football, u're not on the pitch buh u wnt sum1 to win.

3 Likes

Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by Authoreety: 6:58am On Jul 08, 2018
bamoski4real:

Lalasticlala rule 2

Cry cry baby,

U want to see ur mummy

SHAME!!!

Na u first find trouble,
Na u still dey call mod..
Donkey!
Re: NIGERIA 2019 ELECTIONS – People, Prospects And Preparations For New Nigerian by SheikhMuniru(m): 6:59am On Jul 08, 2018
*Over the weekend, Honourable Minister of Transport, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi said if Buhari is not returned as President come 2019, Nigeria will move 10years backwards.*
_*I did the calculation by a count down 10 years from 2019 and got answer of 2009, Then, I quickly checked my diary and discovered that.*_
_10years ago was 2009._
_• At that time, fuel was N65 per litre., it is N145 now_
_• A gallon of 'TOTAL 5000W' engine oil was N750 then, it is N4800 now_
_• Naira was 150 to $1._
_• A bag of cement was N900._
_• Food stuff was so cheap in open market._
_• A 10kg bag of semovita was N550 then, it is N3100 now_
_• A 50kg bag of Indian Rice was N5700 then, it is N16,000 now_
_• A 10kg bag of Wheatmeal was N350 then, it is N2600 now_
_• N200 would buy enough combination of pepper spices to prepare soup to last for 2weeks then, N200 can only buy 5-balls of tomatoes now_
_• A tin of Peak milk was N50 then, it is N200 now with low and poorer quality_
_• A mudu of beans was N120 then, it is N600 now_
_• We were still using N5 to do shopping_
_• A mudu of garri was =N=12_
*After considering all these i said, APC/Buhari government shall be voted out so we could go 10yrs backwards, its better than now.*

Pls help to spread the news we must join hands to change this change!!!��������‍♀��‍���‍���‍��

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG, South East Leaders Reiterate Commitment To Unity, Stability Of Nigeria / Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election / NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.