Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election (13645 Views)

Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria / APC Dares INEC, Vows To Go Ahead With March 26 Convention / Poll Shift: Oshiomhole Dares INEC, To Resume Campaigns Despite Restriction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Bobloco: 2:55am On Sep 05, 2022
Prof. Pat Utomi, strong ally of the presidential candidate of Labour Party (LP), has dared the Independent Electoral Commission(INEC), saying the portal to get funding support from diasporans and their counterparts in Nigeria would go live next week.

This is as the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) advised Nigerians living abroad to be careful not to violate laws relating to campaign funding ahead of the 2023 general elections.

National Chairman of LP, Julius Abure, recently, inaugurated an 11-man Diaspora Committee to organise fund-raising activities in support of the Presidential Candidate, Peter Obi

The Inauguration also came a day after the party’s Diaspora support groups, in a media report, pledged to unveil a crowdfunding portal with a target to raise $150 million from Obi’s supporters in the Diaspora and N100 billion from those in Nigeria.

Utomi spoke on Channels TV Politics Today from New York where Peter Obi is on a sensitization tour.

“Section 85 (a) (b) of the Electoral Act provides that any political party that: (a) holds or possesses any fund outside Nigeria in contravention of section 225 (3) (a) of the constitution, commits an offence and shall, on conviction, forfeit the funds or assets purchased with such funds to the commission, and in addition, may be liable to a fine of at least N5million, or (b) retain any fund or other asset remitted to it from outside Nigeria in contravention of section 225.”

But in response, Utomi said it was a great disservice to Nigerians abroad to be denied opportunity of supporting a party through donations because already they are disadvantaged by not being able to unlike unlike other countries in Africa which allows them to.

‘‘Has the security agencies jailed members of the APC and PDP who have been sharing Dollars,’’ he asked.

Chairman of NIDCOM, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, who spoke during the 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation Americas (NIDOA) at the Nigeria Consulate in New York on Saturday evening urged them to ensure they observe the laws in their support for presidential candidates in the 2023 general elections

“I have been hearing stories that you are going to raise money for one person or the other person.

Whatever you do, don’t break the laws of elections and funding in Nigeria. I think that is very important. I won’t encourage you to break any law relating to political funding; you know how it is operated in America. Ensure you observe the laws also in Nigeria. So as we move on, I can guarantee you that under this administration, we will continue to protect our Diasporans,” she said.

Dabiri-Erewa also urged them not to be disappointed that they would not be participating in the 2023 polls.

She advised them to intensify effort to engage the National Assembly so that Diaspora voting could be passed into law.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/2023-obi-dares-inec-nidcom-goes-for-diaspora-funds-to-support-election-campaign/

7 Likes

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Naajjii: 3:03am On Sep 05, 2022
If the funds gets into Nigeria it will help scarcity of foreign exchange and help the economy. Obidient I support you on this.

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by yerokunphilips: 3:11am On Sep 05, 2022
I know these people will block all legitimate ways for Peter to raise funds for this election. I think is think tank should be careful so they won't use this as a way to get him .

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by FreeStuffsNG: 3:21am On Sep 05, 2022
Naajjii:
If the funds gets into Nigeria it will help solve scarcity of foreign exchange and help the economy. Obidient I support you on this.

CBN and SEC will blacklist the bank accounts and those funding those blocked accounts. EFCC will go after those illegally sending inflows into such financial crimes account before INEC will sanction the mushroom party.

These inflows may actually be for funding the terrorist activities of the ipob terrorist group to stop elections in the SE so the DSS may as well be part of monitoring this illegality in order to protect our democracy.

They have really not taken any legal advice at all or spunned legal advice as they can get into trouble with the law in both US and here in Nigeria.
Ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the law o to avoid an unfortunate criminal incident that puts them against the law of a foreign land like Sen. Ekweremadu.

Don’t flout law on elections funding, FG warns

She added, “I have been hearing stories that you are going to raise this money for one person or the other. Whatever you do, don’t break the laws of elections and funding in Nigeria. I think that is very important.

“So, I won’t encourage you to break any law relating to political funding; you know how it is operated in America. Make sure you follow the laws in Nigeria as well
. So as we move on, I can guarantee you that under this administration, we will continue to protect our Diasporans.

“I urge you to do three things, as the President always says: be good ambassadors; obey the laws of whatever countries you are in; and let us continue to be proud of you and what you are doing,” she said.

https://punchng.com/dont-flout-law-on-elections-funding-fg-warns/
check my signature for free stuffs!

167 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by YourhealthNG2(m): 3:23am On Sep 05, 2022
The law says "any political party...."

In this instance, it is the candidate and Nigerians in diasporia that is organising the fund raising..

But why are the Agbadorians and mikanos suddenly troubled and discombulated at every move the structureless Obidients make?

Anyway, it is our responsibility to make sure they're in sifia pains every day, morning, afternoon and night.

We'll keep pressing the necks of the enemies of Nigeria from all angles..

Proudly Obidient

156 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by OfficialAwol(m): 3:30am On Sep 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

CBN and SEC will blacklist the bank accounts and those funding those blocked accounts. EFCC will go after those illegally sending inflows into such financial crimes account before INEC will sanction the mushroom party.

They have really not taken any legal advice at all or spunned legal advice as they can get into trouble with the law in both US and here in Nigeria.
Ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the law o to avoid an unfortunate criminal incident that puts them against the law of a foreign land like Sen. Ekweremadu.
You guys are now jittery.

Ruling party now playing opposition party.

See how this structureless party is now causing you people sleepless nights.

Is our Lord not good?

170 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by YourhealthNG2(m): 3:33am On Sep 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Why not also involve the United Nations, FBI, World Bank, IMF, bla bla bla..

The lamentations of an Agbadorian in sifia pains

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by FreeStuffsNG: 3:38am On Sep 05, 2022
OfficialAwol:

Is our Lord not good?
Jittery bawo Is it my money or you think CBN, EFCC, DSS and INEC are deaf and dumb?
You want to behave like criminals who want to break our electoral laws and Nigerians say "No!"

Most Nigerians know the money will be used to fund the terrorist actions of ipob terrorists that HE Obi lp recruited for campaign.

159 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Nobody: 3:38am On Sep 05, 2022
OfficialAwol:

Is our Lord not good?

Jittery over what exactly? Kanu, Emma Powerless etal don't derive almost 100% of their funding from the diaspora?

Has that helped them defeat Buhari and the Nigerian federal government?

If it were up to me I would let the foolish elements in the diaspora waste their money on the conman Obi who knows he cannot win yet wishes to exploit, same as Kanu and Simon Ekpa, the vulnerability of Nigerians in the diaspora who no longer understand the unique way of Nigeria.

Even trillions cannot get Obi a win because he cannot be President above others that the people, the system and power hierarchy of Nigeria see as more fitting to reside in Aso Rock.

167 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by FreeStuffsNG: 3:42am On Sep 05, 2022
YourhealthNG2:

Why not also involve the United Nations, FBI, World Bank, IMF, bla bla bla..

The lamentations of an Agbadorian in sifia pains
For as long as funds do not get into the hands of ipob terrorists then our democracy is safe.
All the places in Lagos burnt by the ipob terrorist group are yet to be rebuilt now you do not think Nigerians should be vigilant about attempts to get funds across to ipob backing HE Obi? Nigerians are not stupid o.

149 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Nobody: 3:42am On Sep 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Jittery bawo Is it my money or you think CBN, EFCC, DSS and INEC are deaf and dumb?
You want to behave like criminals who want to break our electoral laws and Nigerians say "No!"

Most Nigerians know the money will be used to fund the terrorist actions of ipob terrorists that HE Obi lp recruited for campaign.

Bro, they should even let Obi waste the money of his gullible fellow IPOBians in the diaspora.

We need the money (raw dollars, pounds, Euros etal) flowing through Nigeria right now.

I am a big believer in the saying "a fool and his money are soon parted".

164 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Nobody: 3:49am On Sep 05, 2022
@Topic.

Like IPOB Kanu like IPOB Obi. We remember Kanu ( see below) asking for diasporan cash to buy guns to fight Nigeria for a violent seccession takeover.

Now Obi is doing same for an IPOB political takeover.

So predictable. Abeg they should free Obi to collect and spend IPOB diasporan money in Nigeria. Magas and haters of the "Zoo" must pay.

Nothing sweeter than malevolent haters of Nigeria pumping their hard earned cash into the "Zoo" , from abroad, and still not getting their hateful desire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XU2JtlUF6M

159 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by kessdivine4all: 3:56am On Sep 05, 2022
Dsalvo:

Jittery over what exactly? Kanu, Emma Powerless etal don't derive almost 100% of their funding from the diaspora?

Has that helped them defeat Buhari and the Nigerian federal government?

If it were up to me I would let the foolish elements in the diaspora waste their money on the conman Obi who knows he cannot win yet wishes to exploit, same as Kanu and Simon Ekpa, the vulnerability of Nigerians in the diaspora who no longer understand the unique way of Nigeria.

Even trillions cannot get Obi a win because he cannot be President above others that the people, the system and power hierarchy of Nigeria see as more fitting to reside in Aso Rock.

You are just a big slowpoke , see how it gives you orgasm to link obi with ipob at every twist and turn. But the north has bandits and Boko. Why are you not linking them with Atiku or perhaps link the numerous skull miners in the West with Tinubu. This card you guys are playing with gullible Nigerians will not help you. Obi is your next president, get use it and know peace

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by DevilSignature: 4:00am On Sep 05, 2022
cheesy

Obidents gather here

We are a formidable force

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by AdolfHitlerxXx: 4:01am On Sep 05, 2022
grin

Obi is running the same scam on the gullible disciples that Nnamdi Kanu did...

Obi will definitely fold for Atiku. He's Atiku's Girlfriend.

The fool knows he's going nowhere. Wants to scam Zombiedients first.

166 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by AdolfHitlerxXx: 4:03am On Sep 05, 2022
grin

159 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Firstcitizen: 4:03am On Sep 05, 2022
angry
The funds are being provided by individuals with Nigerian passports. They are Nigerians and not foreigners. Same way the dollars which are foreign sourced legal tender was given to delegates during APC and PDP primaries by Nigerians.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by DevilSignature: 4:07am On Sep 05, 2022
AdolfHitlerxXx:
grin

You will soon shed tears and call for our prayers when bandits attack you,

Remember by then the Dubai landlord will be faraway in an Asian country

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Swiperite: 4:07am On Sep 05, 2022
INEC should chill joor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Wintertime: 4:11am On Sep 05, 2022
Hju
Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Flets: 4:11am On Sep 05, 2022
INEC and Nigeria is not ready for any scenario that excludes PO from the ballot.

The energy behind his growth in these past few months will be too much to quench. PO is the only hope for Nigeria’s redemption…. and Buhari/ Tinubu/ Atiku knows it

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by AdolfHitlerxXx: 4:12am On Sep 05, 2022
DevilSignature:

You will soon shade tears and call for our prayers when bandits attack you,

Remember by then the Dubai landlord will be faraway in an Asian country

It is " SHED" *

It is clear you are the one shedding tears. Your primary school teachers are also shedding tears for you.

165 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Wintertime: 4:12am On Sep 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

She added, “I have been hearing stories that you are going to raise this money for one person or the other. Whatever you do, don’t break the laws of elections and funding in Nigeria. I think that is very important.

“So, I won’t encourage you to break any law relating to political funding; you know how it is operated in America. Make sure you follow the laws in Nigeria as well
. So as we move on, I can guarantee you that under this administration, we will continue to protect our Diasporans.

“I urge you to do three things, as the President always says: be good ambassadors; obey the laws of whatever countries you are in; and let us continue to be proud of you and what you are doing,” she said.

Why crying,

Didn't you read the part that said any political party.

Those people did they tell you they belong to any political party

I can't stop laughing

Let them removed Obi from the presidential

Please help me beg INEC to do it

Fast fast

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by autodevice(m): 4:17am On Sep 05, 2022
Alright
Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by InvertedHammer: 4:18am On Sep 05, 2022
/
Dicey situation. I am not a lawyer but I know that Nigeria is very selective in application of her laws.

But I can understand the frustration. I will be too if I were in their shoes. Imagine dipping hands into your accounts to fund an election while your opponent is getting a free ride. Considering what happened during EndSARS, they know that if mobilized well, Tinubu's loot is a dot in a circle compared to Diasporan funds.

Nigerians in Nigerian are helpless. The most anger you will get about the situation in Nigeria is mostly from Nigerians living abroad who look around them and see the potentials of Nigeria that is being grossly mismanaged by incompetent buffoons in power. To the Nigerians in Nigeria, ignorance is bliss--3 cups of rice can sway their votes.

Infact, Nigerians in Nigeria are the clogs in the wheels of progress.
/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by hedonido: 4:22am On Sep 05, 2022
These fools are wasting their time if they think they can stop Nigerians from crowd-funding Obi's campaign.

Even if its not by way of a direct donation to the LP, individuals can easily organise themselves into volunteer clusters to finance publicity and promotional activities on behalf of Peter Obi. How do you stop that? What law would be breached by that?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by effort1: 4:26am On Sep 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

But efcc never went against Tinubu sharing dollars to delegates.

Your EFCC only becomes active when others are concerned.

Every evil you support will haunt and hunt you down

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by JealousCobra(m): 4:27am On Sep 05, 2022
AdolfHitlerxXx:
grin

You are here wallowing in abject poverty while the kleptomania you are spewing trash for "Atihiefku" is in Dubai screwing his 70 virgins.... and whom does not know and will never noticed that you are ever existing. Bingo!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Patriotsleague: 4:29am On Sep 05, 2022
Naajjii:
If the funds gets into Nigeria it will help scarcity of foreign exchange and help the economy. Obidient I support you on this.
It's against the law, can't you read?

If you support lawlessness don't come complain later.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by easzypeaszy(m): 4:37am On Sep 05, 2022
yerokunphilips:
I know these people will block all legitimate ways for Peter to raise funds for this election. I think is think tank should be careful so they won't use this as a way to get him .
thought u guys said its Tinubu urchins spreading fake newss
U dont kw wht or wer u stand
Obidients and fake life grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ / Casualty Figures Exceed 100 In Kano Attack. / Man Caught With $7million To Forfeit 25 % To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.