Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,308 members, 7,829,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me (31944 Views)

Can I Still Go Back And Write My Carry Over After 2 Years? / Is It Possible TO Graduate From A University Without A Singe Carry Over (C.O)? / 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:09pm On Jul 08, 2018
Soakaway:

The university is located in a very thick village.
Searched for some mini jobs everywhere in this village i couldn't get one.
My exam us starting on Monday and I'm trying to do everything within my power to make sure i avoid any C/O

Thanks alot

Bro sorry am cheeping in, must u wait for mini job??
While I was in poly, i was barbing in hostel and also selling card and data.
I remember we had a guy that was frying akara during ramadan fast toMoslem. Bros u don't wait for anyone to help u better ur life. Were there's no job, you create one. I visited Bida Poly and I saw a student running a game centre. Take a look at ur current environment and see what service you can provide. If you are brilliant, u can solve assignments and charge some fee. Organize lessons and get people to pay for it
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Ay04z(m): 1:09pm On Jul 08, 2018
Make friends with some few gurus in ur department. Dey are always willing to help.
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by showafrica(m): 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2018
Soakaway:
I'm typing this with tears filled eyes. I'm 200 Level student of an higher institution located in the south eastern part of Nigeria. I gained admission around August / September 2016 but i couldn't resume same time with my mates because of some financial problems with was later sorted out and I had to resume half way of the semester with almost all quiz already done and just a week to exam. I did all i could do to make sure i avoid carry over but unfortunately for me I had 3 carryovers in my first semester year one and 4 carry overs in my year one second semester.
My 200 level exam came and i could only register one carryover out of the carry over i had in my year one first semester and I did (still hoping it comes out good).
Our 200 first semester results level results was released two days ago and i went to check mine today to my utmost surprise i had 4 carryovers out of 7 of our departmental courses which was released, i couldn't believe what i saw even though i did all i could do to make sure I don't miss quiz or assignments. I wasn't always in school to mark my attendance because of my financial situation to transport my self to school every day and i can't tell someone to mark my attendance for me cos the lecturers are fond of calling each and everyone names one after the other to make sure no one is trying to helping anybody.

I don't want to bore you guys with a long story, as I'm typing to you right now i got
1 outstanding carry over in my year one first semu
1 outstanding carry over in my year one second semester and
4 carry overs in my 200 level first semester

Our 2nd semester exam is starting on Monday and I'm doing everything within my power to make sure i don't disappoint my self one more time.
I can't just imagine the pain my parents are going to feel if they should know what I'm going through right now, I'm dying inside of me.
Please i got two years left, i noticed how good nairalanders are with assisting people with good advices that's the reason I'm tabling my troubles before you guys.

Please i need help with what i can do to graduate same time with my mates, i know it's impossible to make first class and almost impossible to make 2.1 all i need right now is to come out at the same time with my mates with a 2.2 degree.

Forgive my typos please.

Please i can't tolerate insults cos i might end up killing myself this is really killing me.
God bless you all

Bro find way sort out your courses, the literature they teach you are no longer relevant. If you want to learn anything fast and accurate, use Google.
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by obicaddy(m): 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2018
The hard truth is that ur in 200 level second semester and u already have 7 carry overs in Economics dept. It'll take by God's grace to come out with 2.2. I know what what I'm talking about cos im a graduate of Economics.
So, just as other Nairalanders advised, if u can combine a biz with ur studies, U'll go a long way financially before u graduate.
Its good to have good grades, but Naija now is not all about grades but skills and what u can offer.
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by slimzy28(m): 1:43pm On Jul 08, 2018
Guy, u need to work on urself. U are in Nigeria, if u don't help urself nobody will help u. I started a business d same year I gained admission into d uni to study mathematics but later crossed to computer science bcoz I knew mathematics couldn't give me time to concentrate on my business. I always study well for my exams by denying myself sleeps(i work during d days and read at nights) and I never had a single c/o thru out. I'm glad I graduated with 2.2 and today I don't even care Abt my certificate as my biz is moving well. U have to deny urself of somethings and also keep female friends(d serious once) they are good instruments for assignments and attendance. Start a business now and don't say u don't have enough money to start. I started my biz with just 8k in 2009. There are businesses u can start with little or no capital. Help urself bro
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2018
Soakaway:
I'm typing this with tears filled eyes. I'm 200 Level student of an higher institution located in the south eastern part of Nigeria. I gained admission around August / September 2016 but i couldn't resume same time with my mates because of some financial problems with was later sorted out and I had to resume half way of the semester with almost all quiz already done and just a week to exam. I did all i could do to make sure i avoid carry over but unfortunately for me I had 3 carryovers in my first semester year one and 4 carry overs in my year one second semester.
My 200 level exam came and i could only register one carryover out of the carry over i had in my year one first semester and I did (still hoping it comes out good).
Our 200 first semester results level results was released two days ago and i went to check mine today to my utmost surprise i had 4 carryovers out of 7 of our departmental courses which was released, i couldn't believe what i saw even though i did all i could do to make sure I don't miss quiz or assignments. I wasn't always in school to mark my attendance because of my financial situation to transport my self to school every day and i can't tell someone to mark my attendance for me cos the lecturers are fond of calling each and everyone names one after the other to make sure no one is trying to helping anybody.

I don't want to bore you guys with a long story, as I'm typing to you right now i got

Our 2nd semester exam is starting on Monday and I'm doing everything within my power to make sure i don't disappoint my self one more time.
I can't just imagine the pain my parents are going to feel if they should know what I'm going through right now, I'm dying inside of me.
Please i got two years left, i noticed how good nairalanders are with assisting people with good advices that's the reason I'm tabling my troubles before you guys.

Please i need help with what i can do to graduate same time with my mates, i know it's impossible to make first class and almost impossible to make 2.1 all i need right now is to come out at the same time with my mates with a 2.2 degree.

Forgive my typos please.

Please i can't tolerate insults cos i might end up killing myself this is really killing me.
God bless you all
seriously someone like you can't go to a polytechnic, you would have been expelled since. uni is so easy
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by holyeye1989(m): 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2018
daewoorazer:

I said business and you still dey mention mini jobs.... You need to format your mentality! You wan die serving people?

As for ur exams,
There will be group discussions...do well to find members and join them..ask them questions... Let them do too and correct you.. That's your best bet for now....

Guy you dey talk like a drug addict...?

No be person we get money dey do business..?

Seems virtual is messing with your brain as well.
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by ghettochild4u(m): 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2018
Soakaway:

Forgive my typos please.

God bless you all
it's better u die ooo.
education is not a priority neither should it be a necessity..
my friend schooling is not for u
find ur bearing
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by fowlyansh181(m): 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
The most important thing is, don’t worry about graduating with your mates, that will frustrate you so much and will make you start avoiding classes and lectures.. man up, accept that it has happened and you are not graduating with your mate, shrug it off and work hard to clear the carryover, and remember not everyone of your mate that graduates will still go for NYSC the next year , if you work hard enough and make sure you only spend an extra year clearing your carry overs , you still are with your mates...
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Elliot2(m): 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
do u av gud handwriting?cos some lecturers will nt kee themselves just to see what u wrote in essays! i had same prob,n it affected my scores greatly. n i also had d issue of nt giving a precise bt elongated ans to ques. precise n short ans r key
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by bolamp(m): 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2018
Before I give you my advice, I want you to know that whatever is worth doing is what doing well.

Lets analyse, You are currently drowning in the well of failure with the number of C.Os you are already having and the chances are high that you will still pick up more on the way. Which at best could land you with a weak 2.2 at best.( that's considering your current result trend).

You nees to answer some questions to determine the best step to take; 1) Do you really like the course you are studying 2) Would you really like to practice the course when you graduate 3) Is there an alternative course you think satisfies 1 & 2 above.

If your answer 1 & 2 is yes. Start afresh
If 3 ... change department and start afresh
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Kingsolar: 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
Quite skul
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by kense88: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2018
I can feel your pains dear. You need to draw inspiration from so many people that succeeded without there certificate(note certificate guarantees nothing in Nigeria). But you must back it up with an incredible work rate. When i graduated from university, i felt i wasted my time in the university because, if i had devoted all the time and effort i wasted in the university doing what am doing now, what i could have achieved, would have been unimaginable. None of my mates would have come anywhere close. University degree hardly pays these days, and you can get one after making money. My advice, as strange as it might sound to a common man here, is to quite school. The best you are likely going to finish with is 2:2, which further reduces your chances of ever getting a meaningful job(even people with 2:1 can't a meaningful job that can sustain there family). Identify what you love doing that can give you money, then put in every ounce of energy you can muster to see it work. And don't forget to work smart. Goodluck!!!

3 Likes

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by aminusodiq(m): 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2018
make new friend.. especially a brilliant one... he will guid u tru... and study harder... and smarter... get a female frnd to u wit ur quizez and assignmnts... dats hw im doin to catch up... nd its working!!! am a close frnd to d best stdnt in my class... he teaches me everytin... blessed bro
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by FaceThem: 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2018
Quit From School, Because school doesn't meant for you
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by frozen70(f): 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2018
Soakaway:

Forgive my typos please.

God bless you all

You are the one to talk senses to your self. Apart from financial crisis nothing else should disturb you from facing your studies.
There is no time for you, look for serious students in your class, go close to them and tell them how you feel and you need their moral support to make you achieve success.
This time around be serious if you don't take time the school authorities might advise you to withdraw or you may have to repeat another year for you to graduate, that means means another school fees and you are complaining about finances
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by ceedenis: 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2018
I think by now all your lecturers would be acquainted with your performance and they may just be assuming every other exams you write will be a failure back to back so they may see no need to even go through your script.
What I will advice you do is get more closer to your course mate and better still your lecturers so they can see your efforts.
I can relate with your department economics and I know how it goes down there. Good luck.
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by HarunaWest(m): 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2018
Soakaway:

Forgive my typos please.

God bless you all
you will kill yourself because of an education system that was created by man..dont be a fool young man...You will eventually die so don't rush it,even if u chose to die today,someone will still have carryover tomorrow...get accommodation close to school..that should be you panacea... Read harder and mix up with the gurus...takia
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by crunchyg: 2:42pm On Jul 08, 2018
Soakaway:

Forgive my typos please.

God bless you all
First of all I will start by saying never ever have the thought of killing yourself ever again in this. Nothing is worth it. Listen to my own story short and brief. I entered into the university to study a 4 years course and ended up spending 10 years in the university can you beat that, mind you my parents didn't have the money at some point I had to beg people and my church to help me pay my fees. I finally came out with 3rd class but today I give money to my mates that graduated before me with better grades, I shelter a lot of them in my house because they can't afford to rent house now while I live in a 3 bedroom flat. My dear let this sink into your head. It's not about what you read, or what you came out with or when you come out, what matters is do your best, learn all you can learn, what I am doing now is not what I studied in school but one of the side things I learnt while in school. Your destiny is in God's hand, serve God, believe strongly in him and finally he will place you were your certificate can not place you. Peace

4 Likes

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by daewoorazer(m): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2018
holyeye1989:

Guy you dey talk like a drug addict...?

No be person we get money dey do business..?

Seems virtual is messing with your brain as well.

No sir, I don’t do drugs...only told him the bitter truth...

And stop lying to yourself you need big money to start a biz

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by jack1101: 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
-Develop a personal time table and make sure you always study whenever it is time .Don't wait for only when you have exams or test.

-Note the difficult topics/points and always engage a friend to explain them to you.

-Always ensure you have past question papers,it will give you a clue on how the lecturer do set questions,infact,most of them will repeat.

-Revision time is always very necessary.Most lecturers do give a clue on how the exam questions will look like .

- When answering exam questions , Always try to provide more details(with good Points).It may help you secure distinction.

1 Like

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by encryptjay(m): 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2018
Someone fails and some people just conclude that school is not for him without considering other factors that could have led to it.
Bro, if you can't cope or your morale is really down about the said department, change course.
It's not all your mates that are going to graduate, don't bother about that.
Start having positive mindset about your studies.

1 Like

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by 21savages: 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2018
Soakaway:

My parents will never agree to pay the school fees for the extra year, who knows they might end up disowning me honestly.
I'll do my best to catch up with my mates i know it's gonna be a tough ride down there
its u who think ur parent wount pay extra fee for a year, i was in same shit jst lyk u wen i was runnin my NCE, it took me months b4 i opened up at home.
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by lawquery: 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2018
Soakaway:

The university is located in a very thick village.
Searched for some mini jobs everywhere in this village i couldn't get one.
My exam us starting on Monday and I'm trying to do everything within my power to make sure i avoid any C/O

Thanks alot

You are always trying to do things in your power. Maybe that is the problem.

Try letting God's will be done.

However, if you are having difficulties in any of your course, you need to ask for assistance , join Tutorial classes...

Talking about transport, Is there not a HOSTEL in School? Why stay Off Camp if you can't handle TP issues.

Above All ...Just keep doing your best..All the Best

1 Like

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by zzbrodah: 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2018
You still have 2 years to pay your carry over debt my dear.

It's simple,just study hard and pray.

That's all.

I have seen guys in a similar situation and still made 2.1...
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by WavesOfGlory(m): 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2018
Lemme begin by laffing very hard. It's a kind of kindred Spirit laffter. Ur story reminds me I my school years. My year 1 and 2 were full of carry overs and missing results totalling about 10-12 courses. I just wasn't interested in the school or the course.
However, during my IT I got really inspired when I saw people making their daily bread in a field of study I took for granted. In my subsequent exams when I returned to school (2 sessions), I fared badly in only two courses where I had C & E. All others were A & B; and I graduated on time.
What did I do differently? I changed my friends.
Ur problem is not finance per se. .. it is ur belief and d friends u keep. When u have d right kind of friends u guys can manage together and even do good businesses together. U will have a common goal.
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by stephano100(m): 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
micflo28:
My guy, I am a 2:1 graduate of economics managing a 40k job. Just do your best and leave school and face life's challenges. Meanwhile, change that your monicker and try to relate with egg heads in ur dept. Even if it means bribing them.
Wow are you for real �
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Perfecter4real(m): 5:42pm On Jul 08, 2018
Soakaway:

I'm an average student.
I'm studying economics i love the country even though I'm not that good with Mathematics.
I actually don't study that much cos i got no text books except for few handouts and I'm an introvert (very shy) i got just few friends that's what is making everything hell for me
You can't succeed in economics department without knowing maths. I guess that's where your problem lies. I am sure most of the causes you failed are the ones with calculation. and the truth is you are going to meet more maths ahead. My advice for you is to switch course maybe to sociology,pol science, English, psychology or mass communication.
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by phemmyfour: 6:44pm On Jul 08, 2018
Soakaway:

Forgive my typos please.

God bless you all
you can't graduate with your mates.

You'll eventually settle for third class or pass.

Going forward, academics is not your thing. Look for something else to do with your life
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Soakaway: 7:01pm On Jul 08, 2018
phemmyfour:
you can't graduate with your mates.

You'll eventually settle for third class or pass.

Going forward, academics is not your thing. Look for something else to do with your life
I'll put all my best in this 2nd year 2nd semester exam starting tomorrow. Spoke with my class rep and a final year student both told me i can still make 2.2 if i should put my best and 2.1 if i can extremely work hard by always scoring A or B till I graduate.
Thanks
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by phemmyfour: 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
Soakaway:

I'll put all my best in this 2nd year 2nd semester exam starting tomorrow. Spoke with my class rep and a final year student both told me i can still make 2.2 if i should put my best and 2.1 if i can extremely work hard by always scoring A or B till I graduate.
Thanks
You are what they call "average students". They are called average students cos they put in same effort like others but most of their results are always C, D, E. Academics is not just your thing
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Poddy(m): 7:19pm On Jul 08, 2018
Honestly, the best you can do for now is forget about everything and locate the best student in your class, park all your properties, including books for all the courses and migrate to his house, he might not want you to, but trust me, show him the reasons why you really need to be serious and see the wonder, from your ordeal it seems you're ready to do everything to escape spilling, trust once again, if you are not the type that hates studying like your entire life depends on it, it would go a long way in helping you write a first-class in this semester..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Dresses Like Female Student To Win SUG Election At Anambra State University / Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis / Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.