Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction (26475 Views)

How I Broke Family Tradition With First-class Degree – Toyinbo Hezekiah / This Pastor Just Broke The Table Patapata / Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2018
Ogonimilitant:
My brother than you, is it possible for one to loose up to 5m in bet9ja? l have a brother who l knnow plays bet9ja. This boy is owingg every of our relation. 400k, 6000k 40k, we keep seeing people coming to report how much he owes them. He has refused to tell us what he is using the money for. He does not buy clothes, you cant see any good thing he wears.

He is always looking depressed. We know he plays bet9Ja but l know people play it with N100. Anywhere you hide money he will see it. What do we do?
grin
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Hoodfriend(m): 6:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
If I should publish my own story, about what this vistual gaming has done to be is my first year in school yall will start praying for me...but the good news is that is never too late to change and start a new beginning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 08, 2018
Albinoflash:
Have never been able to say how much,or what i have really suffered in virtual,but i still havent seen my match.sometimes am surprise am still alive

Lol. I'm just picking up the pieces left of me. I pray it vanishes completely
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by stagger: 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2018
generationz:

interesting

I thought sports betting was an unchristian thing to do like drinking alcohol and smoking?

have you asked the holyghost for wisdom on it?

Sports betting is not much different from trading the financial markets. Success in it is highly linked to statistics swaying the probability (what you call odds) in your favour. 99% of those who engage in sports betting in Nigeria do not do any statistical analysis of the games they play. That is the gamble aspect of it and that is why they lose.

I will give you an example using the goalscorer bets. Check out the scoring statistics of Mo Salah in the EPL, Ciro Immobile in Serie A and Cristiano Ronaldo in La Liga. I know how many bets I won on Ciro Immobile alone in both Serie A and the Europa League.

Also, the most successful sports bettors are those who do not play more than 4-5 odds. Over time, if they compound their money, they will beat the system.

I believe someone told a story of how he won on Baba Ijebu as a first-timer by copying someone who bet on just three numbers.

Also, you need to implement some simple strategies that I have personally found very useful.

a) Never play virtuals. This is the way that the betting companies compensate for the payouts on live games. If you know how much those betting platform providers like Sirplus are adding to the economy of Malta in a year, your head will spin.

b) Always cashout when you can. A bird in hand is worth more than 10 in any bush, anyday.

c) Never bet what you cannot afford to lose. My monthly stake NEVER exceeds N6,000. Nothing will make me change it ever.

d) Never make sports betting your primary income source. It can never be anyway. Try it and the companies will clean you out.

I do it for fun. Nothing more, nothing less. If I win,great. If I lose, I find comfort in my wife's body at night and life goes very happily on!

8 Likes

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Greenarrow01(m): 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2018
Welcomme:

It is possible but it depends on the school and the management.
Just curious to know.. .Why did u drop out since it was remaining only a semester?
Where is that your girlfriend now? Are u guys still together?

Lol we are still together.. we will be 3years in two months time..

I left school cos I was owning thousands in school fees.
Now I am damn busy to go back.. I will have to create time next year
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2018
Greenarrow01:

Lessons.

Look for a girlfriend that is responsible..who will spend time with you and try to take it off your mind.. (bae was instrumental in helping me drip this habbit.. always nagging.. insulting and threatening me lol)

Leave where you are right now go somewhere far..where there is no virtual shops there... for example.. up north.. there are only few betshops ..due to strict sharia laws and stigma attached to it...

Pls find something to do.. you can volunteer in an organisation or look for a job that will always demand your presence.. something to keep you occupied.. just something.

Talk to the person you respect most it maybe your uncle..pastor or imam.  Just someone you 're afraid of and value their thoughts towards you.

Prayers doesn't change this habit guy.. just do something with your time.. something that won't give you the freedom of leaving for 20 minutes during the day

Give your most trusted person any money or fund that comes your way..(bae became in control of my finances then.. I couldn't spend a dime without her knowing.. the money was with her.. there was no way I could ask for money to bet.

Quick question guys..

Is it possible for me to finalize my education after 5years of leaving school i wanna go back to complete my last semester in two years time..
In advance countries.. you can come back after 10 years to complete it.. don't know about here..

I am about to start an online degree.. but it is really expensive and I am just sceptical.

This is the part i love most. The solution.

I wish you all the best bro.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by DonPikko: 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
Lhimeet you see why I they talk say make you and your brother commot hand for this thing

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by ipobarethieves: 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2018
consultancy:
i do not even know the meanings of 2 odds, 1.0 odds, and other betting terminology. Glad I'm a novice in that regards
cool
consultancy:
i do not even know the meanings of 2 odds, 1.0 odds, and other betting terminology. Glad I'm a novice in that regards
may God neva let u knw.Been preaching against this fraudulent Bet,i got insulted in return.Thank God,their eyes don open now.There is no shortcut to stardom, hardwork is it not BETTING.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by ipobarethieves: 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2018
Hoodfriend:
If I should publish my own story, about what this vistual gaming has done to be is my first year in school yall will start praying for me...but the good news is that is never too late to change and start a new beginning.
sad
Hoodfriend:
tell dem,let those long neck ggiraffe read ur tori and learn.Dey stake 100 naira bang chair,scream, fight/hoping to win 1 million overnight. Gamble make u look pathetic, miserable/ useless
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by einsteine(m): 8:56pm On Jul 08, 2018
Ufranklin92:

Seems you are good at it,can I have your email?

Just send me a mail through nairaland.
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Lhimeet(m): 9:04pm On Jul 08, 2018
DonPikko:
Lhimeet you see why I they talk say make you and your brother commot hand for this thing
Me I dey play virtual?

More so I'm not even addicted to punting per say..

Why you even mention me sef.. Take time oh angry

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by giftedben: 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
deadkamalu:
responsible gambling is the key, all the outburst is utter rubbish. people ruin themselves out of irresponsibility only to come here blaming virtual machine.

anyone who spends a penny out of their tuition is an irresponsible idiot, it is not about addiction it is stupidity.

Exactly only gamble money you can afford to lose.

Time yourself and set a limited budget.

Quit from virtual machine when you know you have won 1 thousand naira or (2) two thousand as a gain.

Remember that you are taking part for fun but NOT as a means of investment.

If you don't follow these rules, just know you are high on drugs/addiction

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Hoodfriend(m): 10:12pm On Jul 08, 2018
ipobarethieves:
sadtell dem,let those long neck ggiraffe read ur tori and learn.Dey stake 100 naira bang chair,scream, fight/hoping to win 1 million overnight. Gamble make u look pathetic, miserable/ useless

How do i put it on front page please.
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Hardlife: 10:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
Albinoflash:
Have never been able to say how much,or what i have really suffered in virtual,but i still havent seen my match.sometimes am surprise am still alive
bro i remember you from my thread. please share your story with me. Hearing stories of what people have been through in this virtual can help too. My brother i almost died. Any suffering you can think of in this life, i have experienced it. Please do well to share your story with me. I would love to gain one or two things from it. Thanks.
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by ruby360: 10:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
Guys flee sports bet.ting!

It is dangerous and addictive. You can't predict football.

The whole system has been setup for you to loose. in order words the odds are against you.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by deejay102: 10:26pm On Jul 08, 2018
Greenarrow01:
Good morning, folks
First of all, don't mind the English, be more concerned with the message I am trying to pass across.

Base on a front page topic this morning, I decided to share my experience and I hope one or two will learn from it.

My sincere apologies to my dad(a nairalander) bae and all my friends who are nairalanders and may see this

I was a good gentle man full of business ideas and a good dreamer before I met virtual.  I was (am) good with stuffs.. was a reader.. I know a lot of stuffs about history, about religion, about politics, about technology and whole lots of stuffs.  my mates could attest to the fact that I was super intelligent. And in vogue.   my mechanic dad nd trader mum had high hopes.. been the first to get admitted into a university in my extended family (paternal).
I made friends and the my future looked promising..
Got admission into the university 2012.

2015, I started gambling.. after I failed to convince my friends to allow us to be the first set of people to open a virtual shop in my city then.
I did something crazy then.. got a winning formula I discovered and used then, i didn't tell anyone while playing real games.. until 1960bet packed up.. so i forayed into virtual. Spent all my savings and pocket money on virtual..

cc Hardlife @Hardlife
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by ipobarethieves: 10:30pm On Jul 08, 2018
Hoodfriend:

undecided
Hoodfriend:

it is MOD mynd44,lalasticlala duty to do d needful on such post..Write ur story and call dem
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by ipobarethieves: 10:31pm On Jul 08, 2018
Hoodfriend:

undecided
Hoodfriend:

it is MOD mynd44,lalasticlala duty to do d needful/justice on such post..Write ur story and call dem
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by ayolanrewaju(m): 10:51pm On Jul 08, 2018
I lose almost 200k on virtual some days ago,I emptied all the money in my account, I advise u folks to stay far from it.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by DANDeGENERAL(m): 10:55pm On Jul 08, 2018
Not quite long.. I won a 1 million naira entrepreneurship competition...(I have once applied for this competition nd failed). I will be 24 soon and I am so grateful.

please brief me more. how do i reach you so we can discuss. I am very interested sir
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Franklyspeakin: 11:19pm On Jul 08, 2018
Greenarrow01:
Thanks
I wanna go back to school next year...
I still have a semester left.. is it possible?
I left about 2 years or so ago
go to school and talk to your course adviser. It possible if your school dosent implement graduating students after a certain period of time. Go and talk to ur course adviser quickly. God's speed bro
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by kalu61(m): 2:15am On Jul 09, 2018
thanks God for your life. After using 7k to experinment that stuff after days of studying. I stopped, thank God I never knew betting in my school days.

Betting requires wisdom
Never see it as source to blow

1 Like

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by kalu61(m): 2:17am On Jul 09, 2018
ayolanrewaju:
I lose almost 200k on virtual some days ago,I emptied all the money in my account, I advise u folks to stay far from it.
Hope you have given up virtual cos the more you want to get your money back the more your loose

1 Like

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by anigbajumo(m): 6:03am On Jul 09, 2018
teamv:
I make a minimum of 200k monthly from sport bet so it depends on how you play

Baba I salute una ooo,am also high staker with low odds but I no dey do virtual, make we team up bro,expect my PM....
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by greatman247(m): 8:14am On Jul 09, 2018
zionmde:
next time u are tempted to play virtual,
go with empty pocket, take a pen and paper, forecast games and write the amount u wish to bet, keep writing ur winnings and ur loss. At the end of the day, do a check and balance on how much u could have lost if u came out with money.
try that for 1week, u will be thanking God from saving u from staking ur money

Lol. But you're so right though!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by babatee1985(m): 8:21am On Jul 09, 2018
chyy5:
I bet, I have a job and I have won severally. I Dont bet always. I Dont play virtual. Whenever I am free I forecast matches and play them online and most of the time win. Stop shouting addiction. It's just greed and stvpidity. Use ur sense and gamble. Example, cough syrup contains codeine which helps the sufferer to get better, is only an !di0t will take it to get high.
Thank u my broda. We share thesame views coz this is how I do my gambling stuffs too. Are you based in Ogun State? if yes, we need to see so that we can eat nice catfish peppersoup with cold HERO lager beer ( that is if you are d fun loving type though). Have a nice day bro.
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 09, 2018
babatee1985:
Thank u my broda. We share thesame views coz this is how I do my gambling stuffs too. Are you based in Ogun State? if yes, we need to see so that we can eat nice catfish peppersoup with cold HERO lager beer ( that is if you are d fun loving type though). Have a nice day bro.

Not really bro. I'm based in PH. Would have been fun having cold HERO with you cos the beer is my best brand. Anyway, we might see one day. Have a great day.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2018
https://twitter.com/rrslagos767/status/1016313518063267842?s=19
DonPikko:
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by stagger: 9:59am On Jul 10, 2018
I frankly don't understand how people will prefer to gamble with N200K or N500k instead of opening a small restaurant business with it. Na so the thing bad reach? shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Stephaustin(m): 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2018
Greenarrow01:

Was with bae for two years and things got better thou..
With help from my crazy parents.. bae and  my will, I was able to get over it... after a long time...
But I dropped out of the university with just a semester remaining.. and lost really good friends..

Within less than two years of stopping virtual, things have gotten better.. my only regret is that I have lost time and I can't recoup it..

I now have a school in a small village up north where I teach (Hausa kids) pro bono (free) I also have 4 other staff members.. i now have an international partner/mentor who believes in me.. and we 're cooking up something. Not quite long.. I won a 1 million naira entrepreneurship competition...(I have once applied for this competition nd failed). I will be 24 soon and I am so grateful.
I sent you a mail.
Please I would like to get a reply from you.
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Albinoflash(m): 7:24am On Jul 25, 2018
Hardlife:
bro i remember you from my thread. please share your story with me. Hearing stories of what people have been through in this virtual can help too. My brother i almost died. Any suffering you can think of in this life, i have experienced it. Please do well to share your story with me. I would love to gain one or two things from it. Thanks.
bros i started gambling 2014 i was a fan of merrybet and 1960 because of the way their site was designed.then i played online and don't stake above #100,infact i was seriously extorting those guys.fastforward to 2015 i increased my stake to #200 and #300 but i was still enjoying the game,in 2015 september i learnt about this killer game virtual i viad into it and initially i was winning but i still played with caution.my problem started dat december 2015 something of a shocker happened to me i couldn't believe it,i was so frustrated and feeling dissappointed (it's a family ish).this made me hate my home
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by joessi(m): 8:05am On Sep 08, 2018
Deep bro.. Thanks for sharing.. You still young and time is on your side

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ernest Munachiso Eze & Jessey Uche-Nwichi Win Cowbellpedia 2017 Competition / JAMB CAPS Admission Status Guidelines: Accepted, Not Admitted And RECOMMENDED / Abubakar Usman Starts School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.