Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction (26497 Views)

How I Broke Family Tradition With First-class Degree – Toyinbo Hezekiah / This Pastor Just Broke The Table Patapata / Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 08, 2018
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2018
So this stuff about addiction to gambling is REAL ?

Worse than nairaland then.

I got to quit nairaland, must be a bad addiction too.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by ijeshaboy: 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2018
Have just Broke up with bad investment called cryptocurency millions of naira gone, but i have decide to move on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Ufranklin92(m): 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2018
Virtual is one bad hell of a thing
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by virginboy1(m): 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2018
grin
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Yemicrakz1: 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2018
Virtual bet almost ruined my life. Spent sis 45k and had to be a wanderer for 3month.
Let he who has ear hear

12 Likes

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by HoodBillionaire: 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2018
OP id still broke
after gambling away your time,money,hopes,energy
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Ufranklin92(m): 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2018
ijeshaboy:
Have just Broke up with bad investment called cryptocurency millions of naira gone, but i have decide to move on.

You mean cryptocurrency is a sham?
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Greenarrow01(m): 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2018
Yemicrakz1:
Virtual bet almost ruined my life. Spent sis 45k and had to be a wanderer for 3month.
Let he who has ear hear

Lol
So you still play virtual
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
angry
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Dollarship(m): 1:00pm On Jul 08, 2018
Valfrankie:
Cc. Hardlife
that guy deserves some accolades grin
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Yemicrakz1: 1:00pm On Jul 08, 2018
Greenarrow01:

Lol
So you still play virtual
My past
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by SeyiAyorinde(m): 1:03pm On Jul 08, 2018
Greenarrow01:
Thanks I wanna go back to school next year... I still have a semester left.. is it possible? I left about 2 years or so ago
Only if you apply for leave of absence before leaving.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by ademoladeji(m): 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2018
Greenarrow01:

Was with bae for two years and things got better thou..
With help from my crazy parents.. bae and  my will, I was able to get over it... after a long time...
But I dropped out of the university with just a semester remaining.. and lost really good friends..

Within less than two years of stopping virtual, things have gotten better.. my only regret is that I have lost time and I can't recoup it..

I now have a school in a small village up north where I teach (Hausa kids) pro bono (free) I also have 4 other staff members.. i now have an international partner/mentor who believes in me.. and we 're cooking up something. Not quite long.. I won a 1 million naira entrepreneurship competition...(I have once applied for this competition nd failed). I will be 24 soon and I am so grateful.

I hope PRAY they won't give you the #1mila in cash because Ashew0 wey marry, na sabatical leave she collect....

10 Likes

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by deadkamalu: 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
responsible gambling is the key, all the outburst is utter rubbish. people ruin themselves out of irresponsibility only to come here blaming virtual machine.

anyone who spends a penny out of their tuition is an irresponsible idiot, it is not about addiction it is stupidity.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by jaxxy(m): 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
Greenarrow01:

Thanks
I wanna go back to school next year...
I still have a semester left.. is it possible?
I left about 2 years or so ago

It's possible bt go and to ur department and start the process cos after a limited no of years they wont be able to accept u back to continue. 1 think 2/3years. Make enquiries at ur dept asap.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by dkronicle(m): 1:07pm On Jul 08, 2018
ijeshaboy:

Lols se crypto get addiction too?
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Greenarrow01(m): 1:09pm On Jul 08, 2018
ademoladeji:

I hope PRAY they won't give you the #1mila in cash because Ashew0 wey marry, na sabatical leave she collect....

Lol I am fine past that level.. I have seen as much as that in the last 6 months and I have not even tried to imagine playing it...
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Haryourjb(m): 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
Greenarrow01:

Was with bae for two years and things got better thou..
With help from my crazy parents.. bae and  my will, I was able to get over it... after a long time...
But I dropped out of the university with just a semester remaining.. and lost really good friends..

Within less than two years of stopping virtual, things have gotten better.. my only regret is that I have lost time and I can't recoup it..

I now have a school in a small village up north where I teach (Hausa kids) pro bono (free) I also have 4 other staff members.. i now have an international partner/mentor who believes in me.. and we 're cooking up something. Not quite long.. I won a 1 million naira entrepreneurship competition...(I have once applied for this competition nd failed). I will be 24 soon and I am so grateful.

Crazy parents ��
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Amberon11: 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
Ok
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by ademoladeji(m): 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2018
Greenarrow01:

Lol I am fine past that level.. I have seen as much as that in the last 6 months and I have not even tried to imagine playing it...

Then I say Congratulations.... Explore but gamble no more
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Greenarrow01(m): 1:13pm On Jul 08, 2018
Haryourjb:

Crazy parents ��

Lol I mean with all the stuffs I did to them.. both and bae won't lose hope on me... it totally crazy
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by TroubleMaker47(m): 1:14pm On Jul 08, 2018
The very 1st step to ending virtual bet addiction is

1) FORGIVING YOURSELF OF ALL THE MONEY YOU LOST AND NEVER TRY TO RECOVER IT.

2) FIND YOURSELF ANOTHER ADDICTION, BE IT WRITING, READING, DRINKING OR EVEN WOMANIZING grin. (Funny but it's true, in my case i exchanged the time i would have spent in the betting shop on chasing women!)

3) AVOID OLD GAMBLING BUDDIES.

4) MAKE AN ERNEST RESOLUTION NEVER TO ENTER A BETTING SHOP, EVEN IF IT IS JUST TO LOOK!

#GOODLUCK

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Feli2015: 1:14pm On Jul 08, 2018
[quote author=McBrooklyn post=69188712]Y'all gamblers should learn from this guy post...

[/quote Interesting story bro. Thank God for you
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 08, 2018
I bet, I have a job and I have won severally. I Dont bet always. I Dont play virtual. Whenever I am free I forecast matches and play them online and most of the time win. Stop shouting addiction. It's just greed and stvpidity. Use ur sense and gamble. Example, cough syrup contains codeine which helps the sufferer to get better, is only an !di0t will take it to get high.

13 Likes

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Aboguede(m): 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
Many things are addictable but common sense is enough.

Pekin wey go spoil even if u dash am give pastor, em go still spoil.

Life is all about experience. Fail and learn but always use ur head
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Lexusgs430: 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
What is virtual betting? I know I can Google it, but for the benefit of entire Google shy novices.....

1 Like

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
Hidaa:
Thank God for that

Pls,how valid is this arrangement,I wish to go for my master's.

Can you tell me in details how much this will cost me to gain admission,visa fees,flight ticket lots more.

Also,i may change to nursing since this is lucrative there and if job opportunity is guaranteed after graduation.
Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by igwe44(m): 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2018
The truth is that people forget the number 1 golden rule of betting which is don't gamble what you can't afford to lose. Am an addict in nairabet but it have never affected my life negatively,am doing very fine in business, those people betting with 50 or 100 naira are not foolish,they just feel that is what they can freely loose without been hurt. Please don't gamble what you can't afford to lose. 1 love to every hustler in the house. Keep the faith,is gonna be OK 1 day

9 Likes

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by thatigboman: 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2018
Greenarrow01:

Thanks so much.. how long do you think this will take.. and i attended a state university.

I wanna resume next year. It will be 4 years after I left the university with no letter leave of absence or whatsoever
u dont need transcript, if u are continuing in the school u stopped.
Since u didnt finish school, u have to go to your uni and discuss with your HOD. He will assist.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Playing Virtual. How I Broke The Addiction by MrGoogle88: 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2018
Solidkay:
One word

Addiction kills,

gambling destroys visions and shatters dreams.

Stay away from gambling.
There are people making a comfortable living off football gambling those are the exception, the rule is that many waste time and money on it and it destroys them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Departmental Cutoff Mark For Uniport / FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU / JAMB CAPS Admission Status Guidelines: Accepted, Not Admitted And RECOMMENDED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.