Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,872 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Who Do You Give Credit To: Apostle Peter Or Paul! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Do You Give Credit To: Apostle Peter Or Paul! (955 Views)

Dr Paul Enenche's Visit To Agatu Land / Certificate Saga: Apostle Suleiman's 2015 Prophecies: See No 47- / Full Text Of Apostle Suleman's Prophesies For 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do You Give Credit To: Apostle Peter Or Paul! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2007
who would you give credit for the advancement of Christianity? Apostle Peter or Apostle Paul!
Re: Who Do You Give Credit To: Apostle Peter Or Paul! by stimulus(m): 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2007
1 Corinthians 3:5-8

'Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.'
Re: Who Do You Give Credit To: Apostle Peter Or Paul! by trinigirl1(f): 3:54am On Mar 26, 2007
stimulus:

1 Corinthians 3:5-8

'Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.'

@stimulus
Most excellent response.  Even though all of this antagonist babaearly's posts lack personal conviction and are unworthy of any intelligent consideration or debate.
Re: Who Do You Give Credit To: Apostle Peter Or Paul! by Bobbyaf(m): 5:55am On Mar 26, 2007
@ babaearly

While no credit belongs to anyone in delivering the gospel, I do believe that the apostle Paul accomplished more because the Lord used him more. Despite that fact neither Paul, nor Peter would have wanted us to think that either's ministry was to be more credited. His ministry was far different from that of the apostle Peter only in terrms of its extensiveness.

I believe you already know that much.

Bless.
Re: Who Do You Give Credit To: Apostle Peter Or Paul! by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 26, 2007
You guys should understand my english : i meant "advancement" of christianity. not who "founded" it!

@ trini

why the insult? can't i air my views and opinions?
Re: Who Do You Give Credit To: Apostle Peter Or Paul! by stimulus(m): 10:21am On Mar 26, 2007
babaearly:

You guys should understand my english : i meant "advancement" of christianity. not who "founded" it!

The humility of a fruitful servant of Christ:

For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that
commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing
themselves among themselves, are not wise
. 2 Cor. 10:12.
Re: Who Do You Give Credit To: Apostle Peter Or Paul! by Bobbyaf(m): 6:57pm On Mar 26, 2007
@

I figure that was what you meant, but I believe its the word credit that is posing a problem. Your statement suggests it is either one or the other that deserves the credit, when in truth and in fact both can be credited. I do believe though that Paul was more extensive in his ministry and evangelism.

Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Why Living A Righteous Life / I Was Told Tmc Are Hypocrites? / Where Would You Like To Live? Theocracy, Liberal Democracy Or Totalitarian State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.