Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,344 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

I'll Resign If Anybody Can Prove God Exists - Philippines President Duterte - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'll Resign If Anybody Can Prove God Exists - Philippines President Duterte (431 Views)

BOMBSHELL: “I'll Resign As A Priest By October 1 If ...” — Rev. Fr. Mbaka / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Resign If Anybody Can Prove God Exists - Philippines President Duterte by pweshboi(m): 9:48pm On Jul 09, 2018
'Take a selfie with God and I'll resign': Philippine President Duterte doubles down on God is 'stupid' remark as he sparks fresh controversy by calling on people to prove existence

The Philippine president, who recently sparked outrage for calling God stupid, has courted new controversy in his largely Roman Catholic country by saying he will resign if anybody can prove that God exists.

President Rodrigo Duterte, who has had a thorny relationship with the church, questioned anew in a speech late Friday some of the basic tenets of the Catholic faith, including the concept of original sin, which he said taints even innocent infants and can only be removed through baptism in a church for a fee.

'Where is the logic of God there?' Duterte asked in a speech at the opening of a science and technology event in southern Davao city.

Filipino President Rodrigo Duterte questioned some of the basic elements of Catholicism in a speech on Friday
The 73-year-old leader said that if there's 'one single witness' who can prove, perhaps with a picture or a selfie that a human was 'able to talk and to see God,' he will immediately resign.

Duterte, however, suggested that there must be a God or a supreme being that prevents billions of stars and celestial bodies from colliding in a frequency that could have long threatened the human race.

Last week, he was slammed, including by some of his political allies, for calling God 'stupid' in another speech, with one Catholic bishop calling him a 'psychopath.'

'Who is this stupid God? This son of a bitch is then really stupid,' he said last week. 'You were not involved but now you're stained with an original sin ... What kind of a religion is that? That's what I can't accept, very stupid proposition.'

Opposition Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV shot back at Duterte by describing him as 'one evil man' and his remarks as 'very much consistent with the deceitfulness, heartlessness and ruthlessness of his policies.'

Duterte said he would resign if there was a single witness to prove the existence of a God

Presidential spokesman Harry Roque has defended his remarks, saying Duterte has the right to express his opinion on religion and cited the president's previous disclosure that he was once sexually abused by a priest.

Duterte on Friday recalled that experience, when he said he and other students were fondled by a foreign Jesuit priest, who has since died.

Amid the criticisms, officials have arranged a meeting between Duterte and the head of the largest association of Catholic bishops on Monday.

Filipino bishops opened an annual conference in Manila Saturday and were expected to address Duterte's tirades when they conclude their meeting on Monday.

Some Catholic bishops have been critical of Duterte's brutal crackdown against illegal drugs, which have left thousands of suspects dead in reported clashes with the police, along with his vulgar and expletives-laden speeches.

He once called Pope Francis a 'son of a bitch' for sparking a monstrous traffic during a 2015 visit in Manila that trapped Duterte for hours.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5927869/Duterte-vows-resign-anybody-prove-God-exists.html

Lalasticlala
Myndd44

Re: I'll Resign If Anybody Can Prove God Exists - Philippines President Duterte by lordm(m): 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2018
Hmmm
Re: I'll Resign If Anybody Can Prove God Exists - Philippines President Duterte by Sarkin: 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2018
I'm feeling sleepy.
Re: I'll Resign If Anybody Can Prove God Exists - Philippines President Duterte by shortgun(m): 10:13pm On Jul 09, 2018
Only a fool will say that the Most high doesn't exist.
I pray he encounters God one day.
Re: I'll Resign If Anybody Can Prove God Exists - Philippines President Duterte by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 10:29pm On Jul 09, 2018
angry
Re: I'll Resign If Anybody Can Prove God Exists - Philippines President Duterte by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:38pm On Jul 09, 2018
Only a fool says in his heart that there is no God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'll Resign If Anybody Can Prove God Exists - Philippines President Duterte by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:20pm On Jul 09, 2018
post=69230819]Only a fool says in his heart that there is no God.[/quote]He said it out loud, I guess the bible had no provision for such assertion.
[quote author=shortgun
:
Only a fool will say that the Most high doesn't exist.
I pray he encounters God one day.
Since your prayer have no specified date or time, how do we confirm if your prayer works.
You need to help this man by praying it's sooner than later... Like today!
Re: I'll Resign If Anybody Can Prove God Exists - Philippines President Duterte by Kayusonline(m): 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2018
I pray that God will show him self to the man

(1) (Reply)

1st Corinthians 5. / The Pressure To Have Sex And Be Attractive / The Mark Of The Beast - Watch As Pastor Obiora Uncovers The Reality...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.