Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,366 members, 7,836,476 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials (26255 Views)

Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by BeejayManny(m): 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2018
Madam abeg
u no get mouth 2 say anything.
Anything u say will be used against u in the court of LAW
grin grin
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

The fact she applied for an exemption certificate when she's not qualified already means she is guilty. There is no other way to look at it. Ignorance of the Law is no excuse. If she truly applied for an exemption?... on what basis? she doesn't qualifiy... that means she was trying to game the system

If some criminal elements in NYSC gave her a genuine exemption certificate albeit illegally, It means the Agency is stained and the exemption certificate should be withdraw forthwith. Eitherway, it still doesn't look good on her credibility....parading an illegal certificate around.

read what i wrote again:

If she applied legitimately and the legal body responsible granted heran excemption, she is free of blame....blame the incompetence (or corruption) at NYSC

However, she worked in Nigeria between 2000 and 2009 as a managing director of a finacial institution WITHOUT either a discharge or exemption certificate. That is where she is guilty, this is where she has commited a crime.

Al capone wasnt convicted of murder, running a mob trafficking etc, he was convicted of tax evasion.

if you took Kemi to court on the basis of her illegal excemption, you will lose, because it was granted by a government agency responsible for granting excemptions. She applied and she was granted...you cant fault her for that. The worst that can happen is that the exemption she has would be declared null and void because there was no basis for it, no court can find her guilty.

However, if you sue her for working in Nigeria for 8 years without a valid certificate, then thats a different matter.... she would be found guilty. The documents she herself has tendered would convict her.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by saltoasis: 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
This kemi's NYSC hasn't stopped me from crushing on her
Are you aware the person you are crushing on is a grandmother. Many think she is in her 30's
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2018
geometricaxis:

read what i wrote again:

If she applied legitimately and the legal body responsible granted heran excemption, she is free of blame....blame the incompetence (or corruption) at NYSC

However, she worked in Nigeria between 2000 and 2009 as a managing director of a finacial institution WITHOUT either a discharge or exemption certificate. That is where she is guilty, this is where she has commited a crime.

Al capone wasnt convicted of murder, running a mob trafficking etc, he was convicted of tax evasion.

if you took Kemi to court on the basis of her illegal excemption, you will lose, because it was granted by a government agency responsible for granting excemptions. She applied and she was granted...you cant fault her for that.

If you sue her for working in Nigeria for 8 years without a valid certificate, then she would be found guilty.

It can be withdrawn especially as it has been made manifest that even though the government agency gave her she got it under false pretenses. We can say lack of due diligence or corruption/bribery made her get it, if the former is the case she might be blameless but it still doesn't change the fact she's parading an illegal certificate so she can't win a court case on it. There are no grounds for her getting it in the first place, so even if she maybe blameless(and this is a best case scenario) the certificate itself is still illegal and should be withdrawn.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2018
skales67:

Forget her face and bogus grammar! That woman puna dey smell like rotten fish!
If you know...you know
I read somewhere that age is nothing but a number
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

It can be withdrawn especially as it has been made manifest that even though the government agency gave her she got it under false pretenses. We can say lack of due diligence or corruption/bribery made her get it, if that is the case she might be blameless but it still doesn't change the fact she's parading an illegal certificate so she can't win a court case on it. There are no grounds for her getting it in the first place, so even if she maybe blameless(and this is a best case scenario) the certificate itself is still illegal and should be withdrawn.

please argue with sense not emotion. I am on your side but be logical in your arguments, argue what you can prove and is logical under the law. There is nothing to suggest false pretense under the law.

She applied which is her right as a citizen (NYSC have publicly acknowledged she applied) and it was granted (unless they come out and say it was forged) and it was granted. As far as the law is concerned she has a legal document until it is withdrawn. NYSC can decide it was granted in error and revoke it but until then it is a legal document duly granted and signed by the body responsible for issuing it.

Like I said focus on 2000-2009 when she worked without having NYSc papers, that is where her crime was committed, that is what you should focus your energies on as this Certificate thing is dead on arrival.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2018
skales67:

Forget her face and bogus grammar! That woman puna dey smell like rotten fish!

If you know...you know
Haba bros, why you bad like this na

Her puna cannot smell badly bro

Puna wey alws dey inside AC
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by kunyeo(m): 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2018
Jobless people on the social media, while Kemi continues her good job.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Badeku: 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2018
NYSC MY FOOT. COMPLETE ONE YEAR OF.................
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by abes(m): 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

The fact she applied for an exemption certificate when she's not qualified already means she is guilty. There is no other way to look at it. Ignorance of the Law is no excuse. If she truly applied for an exemption?... on what basis? she doesn't qualifiy... that means she was trying to game the system

If some criminal elements in NYSC gave her a genuine exemption certificate albeit illegally, It means the Agency is stained and the exemption certificate should be withdraw forthwith. Eitherway, it still doesn't look good on her credibility....parading an illegal certificate around.

Here a link to NYSC decree, please quote a section that makes her illegible to apply for exemption certificate..

https://www.nysc.gov.ng/downloads/nysc-decree.php
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

Nigerians should stop arguing with emotion and try and be logical and sensible. I applied to the the legal body responsible for granting exemptions and they gave me in error (lets say it was in error) until they revoke it, my certificate is legal and I cannot be blamed except you can prove that I bribed someone to obtain it.

A nigerian passport is valid for 5 years, if for some reason i apply for a passport and they make a mistake and put 10 years on it, do you think any country will turn me back at their border? NO!!! because the document has the the legal backing of the GOVERNMENT AGENCY established by law to issue such documents. Their incompetence is not my problem and I cannot be held responsible for their error. In fact technically speaking it we were in a civilised society Kemi could sue for the distress and damage to reputation caused by the govt incompetence in granting her an excemption she wasnt entitled to. yes beleive it or not!!!!!

if youve ever lived abroad youll know the importance and legal backing behind of a govt issued document. it's only in this country that we do anyhow and people start arguing emotionally. Its only in this country that a govt agency will give you license plates and another will be asking for costums duty. legally I have license plates it is implied I have paid duty.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 1:07pm On Jul 10, 2018
geometricaxis:

please argue with sense not emotion. I am on your side but be logical in your arguments, argue what you can prove and is logical under the law. There is nothing to suggest false pretense under the law.

She applied which is her right as a citizen (NYSC have publicly acknowledged she applied) and it was granted (unless they come out and say it was forged) and it was granted. As far as the law is concerned she has a legal document until it is withdrawn. NYSC can decide it was granted in error and revoke it but until then it is a legal document duly granted and signed by the body responsible for issuing it.

Like I said focus on 2000-2009 when she worked without having NYSc papers, that is where her crime was committed, that is what you should focus your energies on as this Certificate thing is dead on arrival.

It's all logical my bro. NYSC has acknowledged she applied, they haven't said whether it was granted. They were curiously silent on that(and for good reason too). For argument sake, let's assume she was indeed granted.

If NYSC is indicted(which is even worse) then an accounting has to be made on how such an error occurred and someone must take the fall. It is very unlikely that this was just a lack of due diligence error. That's where other secrets such as how the bribery occured might surfaces. If this is the case, this is proof of Intent. Solid Proof.

Even if she just tried her luck and applied and got so extremely lucky to get the certificate, the process is an illegality. You can't build on an illegality. She can be challenged to lose that certificate if she got it that way in a court of Law of competent jurisdiction and she will lose. Not prosecuted for any crimes, I mean challenged to get the certificate revoked. So eitherway, she's still dented by this.

I do agree though since we are fantastically corrupt in this country, it may be swept under the carpet and Mr Anti Corruption himself with turn a blind eye.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2018
abes:

Here a link to NYSC decree, please quote a section that makes her illegible to apply for exemption certificate..

https://www.nysc.gov.ng/downloads/nysc-decree.php

In accordance with the National Youth Service Corps Decree 1993 section 2 subsection (1) it is stipulated that;

"With effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall NOT be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification" :

He is over the age of thirty (30) years
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by famosh: 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Bunch of hypocrites.I will note all this monikers and call you hypocrites out any day i see you making any comment about kwarapshun
You've just been yarning dust all over the thread thinking you're making sense. You Jonathan sycophants should better calm down & don't give yourselves high BP!
NYSC has confirmed she indeed applied for exemption & are still investigating the certificate. The rubbish talk that no other person except those who graduated at over 30 years can be exempted is a big lie! Read & digest section 17 of the NYSC act below & you'll see why NYSC could have considered her application for exemption & exempted her from service.

Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by famosh: 1:13pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

In accordance with the National Youth Service Corps Decree 1993 section 2 subsection (1) it is stipulated that;

"With effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall NOT be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification" :

And what does section 17 of the same NYSC act say?
Na people like una go dey pick one verse of Bible to drive home their bias instead of reading the entire chapter to get the real message! Nawa!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
geometricaxis:

Nigerians should stop arguing with emotion and try and be logical and sensible. I applied to the the legal body responsible for granting exemptions and they gave me in error (lets say it was in error) until they revoke it, my certificate is legal and I cannot be blamed except you can prove that I bribed someone to obtain it.

A nigerian passport is valid for 5 years, if for some reason i apply for a passport and they make a mistake and put 10 years on it, do you think any country will turn me back at their border? NO!!! because the document has the the legal backing of the GOVERNMENT AGENCY established by law to issue such documents. Their incompetence is not my problem and I cannot be held responsible for their error. In fact technically speaking it we were in a civilised society Kemi could sue for the distress and damage to reputation caused by the govt incompetence in granting her an excemption she wasnt entitled to. yes beleive it or not!!!!!

if youve ever lived abroad youll know the importance and legal backing behind of a govt issued document. it's only in this country that we do anyhow and people start arguing emotionally. Its only in this country that a govt agency will give you license plates and another will be asking for costums duty. legally I have license plates it is implied I have paid duty.

We are on the same page.

If I can prove bribery, I can charge you with crimes. If the agency was responsible, let's say an honest mistake..you can still be challenged for it to be revoked.

The point I am making is if the process of acquisition is clearly illegal, then it can be voided by a court of Law. Finish
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

It's all logical my bro. NYSC has acknowledged she applied, they haven't said whether it was granted. They were curiously silent on that(and for good reason too). For argument sake, let's assume she was indeed granted.

If NYSC is indicted(which is even worse) then an accounting has to be made on how such an error occurred and someone must take the fall. It is very unlikely that this was just a lack of due diligence error. That's where other secrets such as how the bribery occured might surfaces. If this is the case, this is proof of Intent. Solid Proof.

Even if she just tried her luck and applied and got so extremely lucky to get the certificate, the process is an illegality. You can't build on an illegality. She can be challenged to lose that certificate if she got it that way in a court of Law of competent jurisdiction and she will lose. Not prosecuted for any crimes, I mean challenged to get the certificate revoked. So eitherway, she's still dented by this.

I do agree though since we are fantastically corrupt in this country, it may be swept under the carpet and Mr Anti Corruption himself with turn a blind eye.

There is no basis for the exemption. So it should be revoked. However until it is revoked it remains valid. However my contention is that no court of law will find her guilty for obtaining an exemption through the official channels. My contention is that as the person incharge of the countrys finances, the focus should be on the years she worked illegally without an exemption or a discharge certificate as that shows a propensity for criminality.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 1:16pm On Jul 10, 2018
famosh:

And what does section 17 of the same NYSC act say?
Na people like una go dey pick one verse of Bible to drive home their bias instead of reading the entire chapter to get the real message! Nawa!

Oga have you seen the purported exemption certificate? she was granted on the grounds of AGE and soley AGE. I am aware of other means to being exempted but she wasn't given by other means...If she was please state it. Dont try to be clever by half

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by famosh: 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

Oga have you seen the purported exemption certificate? she was granted on the grounds of AGE and soley AGE. I am aware of other means to being exempted but she wasn't given by other means...If she was please state it. Dont try to be clever by half

Boy, so you wanted them to type a whole booklet full of reasons why she was granted based on age inside the same small certificate, ba?
If the NYSC is granting her exemption based on the fact that she returned to Nigeria for the first time at over 30 years of age, what reason do you want them to type in the exemption certificate THAT THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO GIVE HER OR ANYONE ELSE BASED ON WHATEVER REASON THEY DEEM FIT?

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Theonlycoolmonk: 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2018
abes:

Is this your evidence her certificate is forged?

She can't go down alone. The reason NYSC is not keen in giving the the public the true position is simple both NYSC and Kemi are in the wrong.

If Kemi graduated before turning 30 she has no business having an exemption certificate in her possession whether it is forged or not. Being forged is a different case.

If it is genuine and was issued by NYSC then whoever issued it to her is going down with her because on her part she hasn't earned it and not allowed under the law to be in possession of one. NYSC on their part are not allowed based on the law to issue her one.

So whichever way it swings Kemi has a case to answer as for NYSC if they admit it was genuinely issued by them, then both NYSC and Kemi are in trouble. But this being Nigeria NYSC may want to save their image and deny issuing such to Kemi which will put Kemi in double wahala: being in possession of exemption certificate that she is not qualify to have and also being in possession of a forged one at that.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2018
geometricaxis:

There is no basis for the exemption. So it should be revoked. However until it is revoked it remains valid. However my contention is that no court of law will find her guilty for obtaining an exemption through the official channels. My contention is that as the person incharge of the countrys finances, the focus should be on the years she worked illegally without an exemption or a discharge certificate as that shows a propensity for criminality.

I agree with you and you are right.

This is the reason why many think it is forged, it seems almost unreal for her to truly get it through the official channels as there is clearly no basis for it. This is the main reason why it is strongly believed to have been forged. But this is Nigeria, anything is possible grin

On the propensity for criminality, that's up to MR Anti corruption to fire her even for her illegal working from 2000-2009 but he himself has some issues with showing us his certificates grin so nothing may come of it
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2018
famosh:

Boy, so you wanted them to type a whole booklet full of reasons why she was granted based on age inside the same small certificate, ba?
If the NYSC is granting her exemption based on the fact that she returned to Nigeria for the first time at over 30 years of age, what reason do you want them to type in the exemption certificate THAT THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO GIVE HER OR ANYONE ELSE BASED ON WHATEVER REASON THEY DEEM FIT?

You are not making any sense. Conditions for granting exemptions are clearly stated. NYSC DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO GIVE HER OR ANYONE ELSE BASED ON WHATEVER REASON THEY DEEM FIT. That is why there are laws and Acts to guide issuance.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

I agree with you and you are right.

This is the reason why many think it is forged, it seems almost unreal for her to truly get it through the official channels as there is clearly no basis for it. This is the main reason why it is strongly believed to have been forged. But this is Nigeria, anything is possible grin

On the propensity for criminality, that's up to MR Anti corruption to fire her even for her illegal working from 2000-2009 but he himself has some issues with showing us his certificates grin so nothing may come of it

This is Nigeria, Nothing comes of anything.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by famosh: 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2018
geometricaxis:

Bros, pls can you explain what this section 17 of the NYSC act says about other possible reasons for exemption?

Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Theonlycoolmonk: 1:32pm On Jul 10, 2018
geometricaxis:

Don't be so sure about her not getting an indictment. Being in possession of government certificate that you are not entitled to is an offence. If you are not entitled to have then you can never be in possession of it through the proper channel. The "proper channel" specifies being over 30 at graduation and if it was issued to you when you were not then it was obtained via "proper channel". The prosecutor may claim collusion between Kemi and whoever issued it in NYSC (because at this point the only way she could have obtained it without meeting the requirement was to collude with an official)
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by famosh: 1:33pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

You are not making any sense. Conditions for granting exemptions are clearly stated. NYSC DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO GIVE HER OR ANYONE ELSE BASED ON WHATEVER REASON THEY DEEM FIT. That is why there are laws and Acts to guide issuance.
You're arguing with emotions, boy! I understand! But can you, please, explain section 17 of the NYSC act to us, as e be say na you get sense pass!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by TGM2015: 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
geometricaxis:
The more I think about this, the more I realise we are focusing on the wrong things:

1. NYSC has acknowledged that she indeed applied for an excemption certificate.
2. The certificate on display is indeed an excemption certificate. As for the dates and the dead Director, somebody here who actually served has said the dates on his certificate show the same anomallyi.e signed by the director who had already left office on the date of his discharge, so it seems the practice at the NYSC is to sign them in bulk before hand.
3. If I applied for an excemption certificate, why would I then go ahead and forge one when we know that worst case scenario there are many ways to serve without actually serving? it looks to me that she was indeed granted an excemption.
4. The real question is why did NYSC grant her an exemption if she wasnt entitled to an exemption? (ofcourse we know)

5. if I applied to the body that grants excemption and they give me one that's not my headache, question the person who gave me the excemption that I wasnt entitled to!!!

For me this is another example of a collapse of our institutions.

I suspect the certificate is real though it should never have been issued. For me Kemi Adeosuns crime is that according to evidence tendered herself,she worked in Nigeria as managing director of Chapel Hill between 2000 and 2008 without a valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.

I suspect she only bothered to regularise her NYSC status because she was appointed commissioner in Ogun state in 2009...which is when the certificate was issued.
You got it right at the last paragraph. The certificate is not forged by Oluwole as claimed by Premium Times. My assumption has been that the Exemption Certificate was issued by NYSC whether in error or not, just like Dino case, possibly with the influence of the then State government (officials). There might be irregularity in the issuance of the certificate that may have resulted in the her name not electronically updated for which PT relied on.
Well, time will tell.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2018
Theonlycoolmonk:

Don't be so sure about her not getting an indictment. Being in possession of government certificate that you are not entitled to is an offence. If you are not entitled to have then you can never be in possession of it through the proper channel. The "proper channel" specifies being over 30 at graduation and if it was issued to you when you were not then it was obtained via "proper channel". The prosecutor may claim collusion between Kemi and whoever issued it in NYSC (because at this point the only way she could have obtained it without meeting the requirement was to collude with an official)

absolute nonsense. Please my fellow Nigerians try to show you have put some thought into what you post, show that you are capable of analytic reasoning.

Presecutor can claim all he wants, he can only get a conviction for what he can prove. To prove Muder, you must provide a dead body similarly prove collusion you must provide the party to the collusion and proof that a bribe was given/obtained...good luck with that. Even if you manage to trace the person responsible at the NYSC all thy have to say is it was an oversight/mistake and your case crumbles.

Secondly there are many ways she could have obtained it without colusion, oversight being one of them. I hope you can now see how your case is dead before water and why many Nigerian high profile trials fail...emotional people rushing to court without evidence/legal argument that will stand scrutiny in a court.

What you know or what you feel is different from what you can prove. A court of law is only interested in what you can prove...beyond reasonable doubt.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Theonlycoolmonk: 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2018
geometricaxis:

absolute nonsense

I supposed we were sharing our opinions on the matter in a civil way. In line with that would mind giving your opinion on why you think my position on the matter doesn't hold water.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Theonlycoolmonk: 1:56pm On Jul 10, 2018
geometricaxis:

absolute nonsense. Please my fellow Nigerians try to show you have put some thought into what you post, show that you are capable of analytic reasoning.

Presecutor can claim all he wants, he can only get a conviction for what he can prove. To prove collusion you must provide the party to the collusion and proof that a bribe was given/obtained...good luck with that.

I am glad you agreed that prosecutor could claim collusion. I agree with you that proving collusion in this case may be almost impossible.

geometricaxis:

Secondly there are many ways she could have obtained it without colusion, oversight being one of them. I hope you can now see how your case is dead before water and why many Nigerian high profile trials fail...emotional people rushing to court without evidence/legal argument that will stand scrutiny in a court.

Being ignorant of the law does not excuse one from the law, so oversight does not excuse one from the law. If they claim oversight the issuer still have a case to answer for issuing government document to someone that is not qualified to have it. In addition the recipient is not excused from the law for not rejecting/returning government property that was in her possession which he/she is not legally entitled to have. Good luck telling the court ( I mean an impartial ) court that 'hey since the certificate was issued I decided to keep it and use it blabla".
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by abes(m): 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

SECTION 17
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the Directorate may, with the prior approval of the National Defence and Security Council, by an order published in the •Gazette exempt any person from all or any of the provisions of this Decree, and may subject thereto and with such approval impose, in relation to any exemption, such conditions as it may think fit.

Section 2 talks call to serve (by the way, did you apply for call up letter?)

Section 17 speaks about exemption which is the bone of contention here, many people that finished from NOUN got their certificates of exemption even when some are under 30 years old.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2018
Theonlycoolmonk:

I supposed we were sharing our opinions on the matter in a civil way. In line with that would mind giving your opinion on why you think my position on the matter doesn't hold water.

Some things are really not worthy of response, despite the fact that i did. If an educated person comes here an says (amongs other irrational and illogical assertions) that it is illegal to be in possession of a document that a legitimate govt agency gave you, is there really any point in responding to such a person? Nonetheless I responded for the sake of others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor AbdulRazaq Nominates Joana Nnazua Kolo, 26-year-old As Commissioner / SSS Operatives, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyers, Family Members Clash In Court. / Nigerian Nation In Disarray Because Of Goodluck Jonathan, Says Prophet Nwoko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.