Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials (26257 Views)

Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2018
abes:

SECTION 17
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the Directorate may, with the prior approval of the National Defence and Security Council, by an order published in the •Gazette exempt any person from all or any of the provisions of this Decree, and may subject thereto and with such approval impose, in relation to any exemption, such conditions as it may think fit.

Section 2 talks call to serve (by the way, did you apply for call up letter?)

Section 17 speaks about exemption which is the bone of contention here, many people that finished from NOUN got their certificates of exemption even when some are under 30 years old.

I'm tired of going round in circles grin. Was she exempted this way? If she was please provide proof. The exemption letter Certificate grin states she was granted based on Age(which is the 1st condition stated).

If she has the approval of the National Defence and Security Council and has a gazetted order Exempting her for whatever reasons..they should kindly show us. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Theonlycoolmonk: 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2018
geometricaxis:

Some things are really not worthy of response, despite the fact that i did. If an educated person comes here an says (amongs other irrational and illogical assertions) that it is illegal to be in possession of a document that a legitimate govt agency gave you, is there really any point in responding to such a person? Nonetheless I responded for the sake of others.

Bros I am really not in the mood of name calling but it is fun to see how adamant people could be even when their understanding of issues are flawed. I would like you to remember this: that ignorance is not excuse before the law as I am not going to respond to you again since you are bent on turning this into a "cursing match"

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2018
Theonlycoolmonk:

I am glad you agreed that prosecutor could claim collusion. I agree with you that proving collusion in this case may be almost impossible.

This is why i initially refused to respond to you, you lack the capacity to understand issues. where did i agree with you? How d*mb are you? i simply stated what would befall your ridiculous assertion and still you dont get it. My friend go back to school, you need to study English again. At the very least dont bother responding to my post
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by abes(m): 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

I'm tired of going round in circles grin. Was she exempted this way? If she was please provide proof. The exemption letter states she was granted based on Age(which is the 1st condition stated).

If she has the approval of the National Defence and Security Council and has a gazetted order Exempting her for whatever reasons..they should kindly show us. Case closed.

Exactly, wait for NYSC to clear the air instead of shouting upandan.

You did not answer whether to you personally applied to serve.

Another question, what happens to people that becomes Nigerian citizen after 30 years of age and wants to apply for work in Nigeria?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 2:11pm On Jul 10, 2018
abes:

Exactly, wait for NYSC to clear the air instead of shouting upandan.

You did not answer whether to you personally applied to serve.

She clearly doesn't have any Gazetted order grin but whatever rocks your boat.

My University Applied for me.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by abes(m): 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

She clearly doesn't have any Gazetted order grin but whatever rocks your boat.

My University Applied for me.

Another question, what happens to people that becomes Nigerian citizen after 30 years of age and wants to apply for work in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 2:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
abes:

That's a special case and might have to apply for exemption based on his circumstances. It will be up to NYSC to grant him/her. An easier shortcut my be getting employed in the Armed forces.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by abes(m): 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

That's a special case and might have to apply for exemption based on his circumstances. It will be up to NYSC to grant him/her. An easier shortcut my be getting employed in the Armed forces.

What makes it special according to section 2 that is so dear to you and not section 17 that is so dear to me.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by emmaitive(m): 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2018
id911:

During my NYSC days, I saw a 47 year old man on camp. Out of curiosity, I asked him why he didn't go for an Exemption Certificate instead of wasting his time on camp. He told me he graduated before 30 but didn't want to do NYSC then but now, he's about giving a government job. So, he applied to NYSC for an exemption but he was told he can't be given since he graduated before he was 30 years old except he wants to go to jail anytime they discover it. NYSC management therefore advised him to go and serve

I've discovered that Nigerians claimed to be religious but most of us are hypocrites and support evil esp when it concerns 'our own' everytime this sort of things come up.

I'm from the Niger Delta but God will forever punish those who put us together as one country
my broda tnk u jor...let lugard rot in hell
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2018
abes:

What makes it special according to section 2 that is so dear to you and not section 17 that is so dear to me.

it's all on the basis for the exemption. For Kemi, there is NO valid basis for an exemption. If she had a gazetted order, it will already be available for public viewing grin( or what's the meaning of a Gazette grin) so there will be no case.

The only reason I said its special is because it is very hard to be a Nigerian by Naturalisation. You need to stay for 15 years continuously and be approved by the President so that's tough and that might constitute a reason by the Directorate to get the foreigner a gazette or they may decide he must follow the law and go on the 1 year programme. it's there prerogative.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2018
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-plot-thickens-blame-dead-ex-nysc-dg-adeosuns-certificate-mess

before nko?

Either way she needs to resign, because if their position is that it was issued in error it confirms what we all know i.e her certificate is invalid.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by famosh: 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-plot-thickens-blame-dead-ex-nysc-dg-adeosuns-certificate-mess
Nawa for you! You're still quoting a biased source, Premium Times, WHO HAD ALREADY MISLED YOU for reference!
You initially came here making noise about how you can't be qualified for exemption except you graduated at above 30. Now that you've been educated that it's a big lie with section 17 of the same act as proof, you still post this same crap!

Even the claim in this your link that Bomoi's signature couldn't have been on the certificate since he resigned in January 2009 is a big lie. The guys who finished in March 2009 had the same Bomoi's signature.
The claim that they want to cover up by pushing the blame on the dead ex-dg is also crap. They aren't that stupid as they know about section 17 of the act & can tailor their defence to suit that if they wanted to!
Stop posting crap here, man!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2018
geometricaxis:

before nko?

Either way she needs to resign, because if their position is that it was issued in error it confirms what we all know i.e her certificate is invalid.

Yeah grin
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 3:26pm On Jul 10, 2018
famosh:

Nawa for you! You're still quoting a biased source, Premium Times, WHO MISLED YOU for reference!
You initially came here making noise about how you can't be qualified for exemption except you graduated at above 30. Now that you've been educated that it's a big lie with section 17 of the same act as proof, you still post this same crap!
Even the claim in this your link that Bomoi's signature couldn't have been on the certificate since he resigned in January 2009 is a big lie. The guys who finished in March 2009 had the same Bomoi's signature.
Stop posting crap here, man!

I actually have your time, ordinarily zombies like you shouldn't be replied to but I will indulge you grin

So I should quote you a zombie for reference shey, U that dont know how to even interpret common requirement posted on NYSC website. So in your Zombified state, Kemi was granted exemptions by Gazette order approved by the National Defence and Security Council grin

Abeg park well jare. Your hyperventilation is noted

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by famosh: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

I actually have your time, ordinarily zombies like you shouldn't be replied to but I will indulge you grin

So I should quote you a zombie for reference shey, U that dont know how to even interpret common requirement posted on NYSC website. So in your Zombified state, Kemi was granted exemptions by Gazette order approved by the National Defence and Security Council grin

Abeg park well jare. Your hyperventilation is noted
Boy, you should be humble enough to acknowledge the fact that you displayed crass ignorance by claiming you can't be granted exception except you graduated above 30 years! You should thank us for exposing you to section 17! grin
And if the FG is going to tailor their defense to her being exempted based on section 17, what are you & the other wailers gonna do about it? Isn't that the reason we're telling blockheads like you to calm down & wait for their response before nailing them properly instead of jumping the gun & pouring spit all over Nairaland?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by abes(m): 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

it's all on the basis for the exemption. For Kemi, there is NO valid basis for an exemption. If she had a gazetted order, it will already be available for public viewing grin( or what's the meaning of a Gazette grin) so there will be no case.

The only reason I said its special is because it is very hard to be a Nigerian by Naturalisation. You need to stay for 15 years continuously and be approved by the President so that's tough and that might constitute a reason by the Directorate to get the foreigner a gazette or they may decide he must follow the law and go on the 1 year programme. it's there prerogative.

Gazette or Kangaroo, all join... cheesy

We should not jump into conclusion. The law has loopholes so let's wait for NYSC to do their investigation. I'll take official NYSC verdict not anonymous Premium Times sources.

By the way, how do you think NOUN graduates get their certificates of exemption from NYSC? Section 2?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2018
famosh:

Boy, you should be humble enough to acknowledge the fact that you displayed crass ignorance by claiming you can't be granted exception except you graduated above 30 years! You should thank us for exposing you to section 17!

I said Kemi isn't entitled to it because she was given based on Age(Have you even seen the purported certificate) when it is an irrevocable clear fact she graduated at 22 years of age. There is no basis for exemption for Kemi adeosun under Nigerian Laws.

I am not ignorant of other ways of collecting the said exemption. What you are quoting to me I have seen and read several times. I wasn't shown here and She was never granted based on the other exemptions.

There is no Gazetted order approved by the National Defence and Security Council given out by the Directorate on her behalf. If that were the case, this wont be an issue. It will be public knowledge for us all, that's what a Gazette is.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by famosh: 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2018
abes:

We should not jump into conclusion. The law has loopholes so let's wait for NYSC to do their investigation. I'll take official NYSC verdict not anonymous Premium Times sources.

By the way, how do you think NOUN graduates get their certificates of exemption from NYSC? Section 2?
No mind the guy jare!
Instead of them to chill & let the FG respond so they can nail them properly, they all over Nairaland forming intellectual!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
abes:

They already want to blame the dead DG and claim he gave her in error grin. We all know that's a lie but even that still makes some sense and is better than what the zombies have been suggesting here that fly in the face of any sane intelligence.

It's also probably the only way for NYSC as an institution to save face. Blame a dead man but at least they acknowledge what is incontrovertible that Kemi Adeosun has no basis for obtaining an exemption certificate.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Edge1(m): 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
CSTR1005:

They are only for anti -corruption when it concerns the igbo people or PDP.

The way they were shouting their voice hoarse over Allison maduekwe, you would think these Yoruba scumbags on nairaland actually like this country more than everybody.

Tinubu worshippers.

Don't mind the educated illiterate cone headed hypocrites
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by abes(m): 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

They already want to blame the dead DG and claim he gave her in error grin. We all know that's a lie but even that still makes some sense and is better than what the zombies have been suggesting here that fly in the face of any sane intelligence.

It's also probably the only way for NYSC as an institution to save face. Blame a dead man but at least they acknowledge what is incontrovertible that Kemi Adeosun has no basis for obtaining an exemption certificate.
Can you give a name, who are "they"? You mean those that did their POP in March 2009 with the same DG's signature on thier certificates?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2018
abes:

Can you give a name, who are "they"? You mean those that did their POP in March 2009 with the same DG's signature on thier certificates?

No I mean NYSC as an institution.

http://punchng.com/noun-graduates-now-eligible-for-nysc-law-school/
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by famosh: 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

They WILL NOT blame any dead DG like your "reliable" paper is suggesting & you're gullible enough to believe! This certificate is pre-signed & blaming the DG, whether dead or alive, in this case, isn't smart enough! They know most of us know such certificates are usually not directly issued by the DG since they're pre-signed!
They'll tell you that in response to her request to be exempted from service, an NYSC official issued the certificate inappropriately (which wouldn't be Kemi's fault) without waiting for a Gazetted order & will issue out a backdated Gazetted order based on section 17 of the NYSC act just to properly validate the certificate she's holding. So what will you then do about that?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by mknigeriagreat: 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2018
Ytea:
'If' she did was what I said, I don't have anything against her, my issue is injustice, thinking a set ppl can't be prosecuted isn't fair at all.

In my opinion, the first set of people to be held responsible for this whole mess and unfortunate calamity is the Senate screening committee. How did this slip through their noses? The whole ministerial screening was a joke when it was done. I watched it and I'm not surprised something like this is happening. This could even be the least fraudulent case of all the accredited ministers.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by dyydxx: 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2018
famosh:

They WILL NOT blame any dead DG like your "reliable" paper is suggesting & you're gullible enough to believe! This certificate is pre-signed & blaming the DG, whether dead or alive, in this case, isn't smart enough! They know most of us know such certificates are usually not directly issued by the DG since they're pre-signed!
They'll tell you that in response to her request to be exempted from service, an NYSC official issued the certificate inappropriately (which wouldn't be Kemi's fault) without waiting for a Gazetted order & will issue out a backdated Gazetted order based on section 17 of the NYSC act just to properly validate the certificate she's holding. So what will you then do about that?

They should employ you, as you seem smarter than them grin grin...all these things you are saying shouldn't take forever to do. It can all be done in 30mins grin

What a joke grin
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by AbelDjassi: 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2018
abes:

This was a point I made yesterday.

Come to think of it; AbelDjassi himself falls into this very category - much like John Fashanu, who once contested for the chairmanship of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA), and the likes of Lara Oshiomole (http://punchng.com/oshiomholes-wife-gets-nigerian-citizenship/). grin

P.S - Now this is not to say that Kemi Adeosun did not bend the rules to hasten the lengthy and unwinding process for exemption. In fact I suspect she did just that, in the characteristic manner of a returnee not reposed with the legendary patience of an average Nigerian. It is simply a suggestion that most commentators here are barking up the wrong tree!

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by CioAngels(f): 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2018
The silence from both sides is to buy time to cook up stories to tell for money to change hands. While some are saying not to worry, this is Nigeria where all odds takes place, others are saying truth must be told. Lets see which sides wins the tales that is very common with the government establishment.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by famosh: 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
dyydxx:

They should employ you, as you seem smarter than them grin grin...all these things you are saying shouldn't take forever to do. It can all be done in 30mins grin

What a joke grin
What if it's the true story (which it most likely is since NYSC hasn't told us they declined her application for exemption) and they're taking their time to release a proper statement?
That's why we told you wailers who're always too quick to spit all over Nairaland whenever anything that'll indict Buhari's government comes up to chill for their response & stop posting some incoherent crap from premium times just because it suits your bias! If they then release anything wey no gel, then you can bash them as you wish!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by codedguy1(m): 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

the fact that the NYSC has confirmed she applied for an exemption but investigating the 'purpoted" certificate should tell you it was forged

She must have applied and was told that she can't get an exemption because she finished before she was 30. She then opted for the oluwole way. grin
Re: Kemi Adeosun Silent Over NYSC Certificate Scandal, Meets IMF Officials by Ytea(f): 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

In my opinion, the first set of people to be held responsible for this whole mess and unfortunate calamity is the Senate screening committee. How did this slip through their noses? The whole ministerial screening was a joke when it was done. I watched it and I'm not surprised something like this is happening. This could even be the least fraudulent case of all the accredited ministers.
Apt!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Will Probe Fayose's Activities For The Past Four Years -- Fayemi / Dapo Abiodun Visits Otunba Gbenga Daniel, Others (Photos) / Makinde Sacks SSG, Commissioners, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.