Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) (45368 Views)

My Goat Gave Birth To A Premature Kid / Starting My Goat Farm / Beginning Of My Goat Farm(a-z) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by Yhemit(m): 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2019
jidestroud:
Farm Update:
My goats tied down after much destruction to my plantain plantation.
lol that's goat for you o #stubborn
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by oyetpel(m): 11:48am On Apr 04, 2019
Yhemit:

lol
that's goat for you o #stubborn
This animals called goats devastated my cassava garden and my two plantain plant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 10:21am On May 01, 2019
Updates:

So far so good, my goat rearing seems to be paying off. 7 goats in total now on the farm not forgetting, Patra is pregnant yet again.
I have got a few people coming around and asking to buy the kids but like I said earlier, selling or eating is restricted to 5years time. More update soon.

5 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jp130(m): 7:59am On May 03, 2019
Nice 1, dey were 6 b4, did u buy anoda 1?
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 9:15am On May 03, 2019
jp130:
Nice 1, dey were 6 b4, did u buy anoda 1?
Yes ooo, I got a male one.
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 9:59pm On May 22, 2019
Goat update!!!

I was at the farm earlier in the day to see my goats after a long while. Chai, my plantains don suffer grin grin grin . I'm thinking of disposing off the male kids. Just too troublesome. Probably get another Male goat for selective breeding.

1 Like

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by Stmiceel(m): 3:45pm On May 30, 2019
As an Intending goat farmer I will draw a plan from this your experience and take a step further to execute my project.

I love you spirit!

1 Like

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 5:37pm On May 30, 2019
Stmiceel:
As an Intending goat farmer I will draw a plan from this your experience and take a step further to execute my project.

I love you spirit!

Glad you are inspired.
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by Sniperghost: 10:13pm On Jun 19, 2019
kudos. starting somewhere is always a good step. After that we can learn along the way.

I just created a new telegram group called:@Goatbauernhof.

The intention is to discuss everything concerning goat farming. I'll be giving a lot of tipps about how to turn you farm profitable and different goat breeds and how to improve your herd and so on...

Goat farming is very much negleckted by us Africans even though its very profitable with the proper management.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 5:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
Great News My Beloved Goat Farmer*

Patra just went into labour. Presently on her 3 one now. Two safely delivered as at this min. I am so so excited. Pictures loading soonest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jp130(m): 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2019
Plz pics. She has really tried. Do u mean dat she is putti to birth 3kits?

1 Like

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2019
jp130:
Plz pics. She has really tried. Do u mean dat she is putti to birth 3kits?

She gave birth to 3 kids but unfortunately I lost the last one. So I am left with two, both male and female.

2 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 7:27pm On Jul 17, 2019
5 years project still very much in tact. Everything is going as planned. Patra's sis should put to bed anytime soon.
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by Farouq94(m): 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2019
jidestroud:
5 years project still very much in tact. Everything is going as planned. Patra's sis should put to bed anytime soon.

Great job! I enjoyed going through your thread. I am thinking about adding goats to my farm, and my only concern is cost of feeding in regards to their economic productivity. You mentioned you feed them pap waste and hay, is that the only feed you provide, or you supplement with another feed?
Thank you.
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2019
Farouq94:

Great job! I enjoyed going through your thread. I am thinking about adding goats to my farm, and my only concern is cost of feeding in regards to their economic productivity. You mentioned you feed them pap waste and hay, is that the only feed you provide, or you supplement with another feed?
Thank you.

Thanks.

Up until few weeks back, they had been eating spent grains gotten from Nestle too. Unfortunately, getting it now has been barely impossible. Made some good deals with potato/yam fryers around. I do get about a sack (25kg) or two for about N200 or free (with enough sweet talking biko grin ). Then ofcos, there's plenty of greens for them to feed on.

5 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 2:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
Good News loading soon.

1 Like

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 10:49am On Oct 01, 2019
Happy Independence

Great News everyone, Mitchell just gave me an independence/New month's gift. She delivered at exactly 7:32am (missed the first two coming out though) the last one. 3 healthy new kids added to the family on this remarkable day (2 males and a female).

4 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 10:55am On Oct 01, 2019
Update.

This is the second birth for both goats; and Patra is yet pregnant Again!!! shocked shocked

Note: This is a 5years project and so far so good, everything seems to be going according to plan.

2 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 01, 2019
I like your patience and consistency.

2 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 7:50pm On Jan 03, 2020
Great News Peeps!!!

New year gift came early. Patra just delivered yet another triplets for me just in the last 20mins. 2 males and a female.

Woah... I should be expecting Mitchell's delivery in coming months, April to be precise (Last birth was 1st of October, 2019). Last birth for Patra was 7th of July, 2019. (Feeling like Abraham already hehehehe)

Currently having 4 does pregnant on the farm already. It's definitely going to be an explosive year. 5years becoming a reality.

Happy New Year
God's speed to all

5 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 9:54pm On Jan 07, 2020
Quick Selfies From Patra & her yet to be named kids.

4 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 11:31am On Jan 13, 2020
Great News everyone, another of my goat just delivered me another set of twins; A male and a female. This is a female from the first set of offsprings.

This is definitely going to be an explosive year. 3 more years before selling commences.

2 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by obaaderemi: 3:50pm On Jan 13, 2020
Congratulations. So how many do you have now?
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
obaaderemi:
Congratulations. So how many do you have now?

Patra first birth two (A male & Female)

Patra second birth three lost 1 (A male & Female Remaining)

Patra's third birth three (2 Males & 1 Female)

(7 goats from Patra)

Patra's first female births 2 (A male & Female)

Total from Patra's + 1st daughter = 10 (all inclusive)

Mitchell's first birth 2 ( A Male & Female)

Mitchell's second birth 3 (2 Males & a Female)

Mitchell's (Heavily Pregnant)
Mitchell's first daughter (heavily Pregnant)

Total from Mitchell's = 6 (All inclusive)

Sum total: 16 goats (Excluding the bucks I got for breeding)

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by Gerrard59(m): 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2020
jidestroud:

(7 goats from Patra)

Interesting...

4 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by Hassan9786: 7:02pm On Feb 12, 2020
jidestroud:

(7 goats from Patra)

How long did it take you to achieve this, I mean years?
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 9:33am On Feb 29, 2020
It's been a long while, can barely keep up with projects happening behind the scene.

Quick update on my latest introduction sometimes last year. Two male goats where gotten from the north (Gombe precisely; my secind home grin) after I had castrated most of my bucks on the farm.

2 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by Blackbelly(m): 2:46pm On Feb 29, 2020
jidestroud:
It's been a long while, can barely keep up with projects happening behind the scene.

Quick update on my latest introduction sometimes last year. Two male goats where gotten from the north (Gombe precisely; my secind home grin) after I had castrated most of my bucks on the farm.

You are like a role model to me. Good to find an animal lover and one with a special interest in animal husbandry. I have some goats, turkeys, broilers and rabbits. For me it's more of a hobby that brings in occasional 'free money'. I'm following you like draw soup.
#Team5yrsproject

6 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by Blackbelly(m): 2:47pm On Feb 29, 2020
jidestroud:

How much did each of these bucks cost? What breed are they?

2 Likes

Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by jidestroud(m): 3:12pm On Feb 29, 2020
Blackbelly:

How much did each of these bucks cost? What breed are they?

Total cost would be around 74k (transportation cost inclusive). Had it brought down to Alaba Rago here in Lagos. Red Sokoto but the dude was telling was telling me something about it being Maradi goats. (I guess they are both same)
Re: My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary) by Blackbelly(m): 4:36pm On Feb 29, 2020
jidestroud:

Total cost would be around 74k (transportation cost inclusive). Had it brought down to Alaba Rago here in Lagos. Red Sokoto but the dude was telling was telling me something about it being Maradi goats. (I guess they are both same)
I heard the red sokoto isn't as hardy down south as the WAD breed. Do you have any intentions to vaccinate them against any disease they're susceptible to? What is the individual price of each goat aside the transportation cost? Forgive my plethora of questions, I'm of a curious mind

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Poultry Feed Formulation Experiment On Broilers. / My Goat Gave Birth To A Premature Kid / I Killed This Monitor Lizard In A Fish Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.