Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar (42105 Views)

Need Help With My School Result, I'm Graduating Soon / My Waec Result....i'm Glad. / Only Smart People Should Read This - I'm Disappointed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Oni48: 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2018
The logic behind it is that, while using mobile phone to check ur results u should endeavor to use Google Chrome and put the browser on desktop view. Wit that u will b able to check ur results. Thank you.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 14, 2018
paulynpen:

There is no basis for that principles, its just sheer wickedness, in your earlier submission , you did said some differences which you repeated here yet you are still saying waec do not tolerates that, I want to ask you one question, did waec at any time sensitize the student on this? Or they kept it to themselves and just wait for the student to fall prey? Education in Nigeria is a scam. Have you ever taught? Have guys carry out a research on this? Do you people have a tested hypothesis to back it up?.
Yes I have taught students. Many students are being enlighten on waec rules and regulations hence they must study. Students depending on teacher's note for examination is not enough. They should study recommended textbooks. The teacher is there to guide the students while the student does the reading.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 14, 2018
paulynpen:

There is no basis for that principles, its just sheer wickedness, in your earlier submission , you did said some differences which you repeated here yet you are still saying waec do not tolerates that, I want to ask you one question, did waec at any time sensitize the student on this? Or they kept it to themselves and just wait for the student to fall prey? Education in Nigeria is a scam. Have you ever taught? Have guys carry out a research on this? Do you people have a tested hypothesis to back it up?.
A good student should follow waec syllabus instead of depending on teacher's note. It may shock you to know that few definitions were changed in the course of marking. Students who wrote those definitions failed them because they depended on teacher's note. I wouldn't blame the student but the teacher or the school that wasn't current
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by justifyme(m): 7:30am On Jul 14, 2018
asuustrike2009:

There must be difference. Let me give just one question that all the students were copying.This is an illustration
1. List and explain five factors that affect demand.
A good student might start with repeating or rephrasing the question as;
Factors that affect demand
The following are factors that affect demand
I.Price- when the price of goods goes up, the demand for it falls
ii.Price of other commodities- When the price of a product goes up there will demand for other products serving as a substitute.
iii. Advertisements- Constant advertisements of a product in most cases stimulate people to buy a more
iv.Government policy- high imposition of tax reduces demand for goods and services
v.Festivity.- There are high demand for goods and services during festive seasons.

Candidate B
Will answer same question as
I. Price- The higher the price the lower the quantity demanded
ii income- A customer with high level of income will be willing to purchase more goods and services than those with lower income
iii. Weather- During rainy season there are high demand for certain products .for example there are high demand for umbrellas during rainy season than dry seasons
iv. Expectations of future price- A commodity like gold may be bought due to speculative reasons; if you think it might go up in the future, you will buy now.

Candidate C
This candidate has same point listed by Candidate A and B yet he copied some words. He starts by saying
The following are factors that affect demand
1. Expectations of future price- A commodity like fuel may be bought due to speculative reasons. If you think the price of fuel will increase then you would buy now.
Note the underlined words in point 1 and 5 for candidate B and C. Candidate C copied point 5 from candidate B by changing few words but the content are the same. It takes a smart examiner to fishy this out when marking.
The above was what many students were doing in the exam hall but was detected by the examiner. Many examiners might over look it because of the time frame given to mark but few examiners will not.
Candidate were just changing words while the points remained the same
i still see no reason why you should say they copied each other!!!! Your focus should be if they answered the question correctly!!! Which they did!!!
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by principal21(m): 7:37am On Jul 14, 2018
trendymarseey:
What about those held? Can they also pay a visit to Ogba?
Absolutely NO. Waec may still release WITHHELD RESULTS after ascertaining that the candidate (s) did not participate in any form of malpractice. This may take up to three months. However, " HELD RESULTS " are never released cos of malpractices.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 14, 2018
justifyme:
i still see no reason why you should say they copied each other!!!! Your focus should be if they answered the question correctly!!! Which they did!!!
That is malpractice. It is not tolerated at all
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by fecta: 10:46am On Jul 14, 2018
Stan642:
I have been on sad mood since WAEC started rolling out their 2018, results. All the candidates in our centre are experiencing the same problem. Non have seen his/her own WAEC result. Below is the grammar I used to see whenever I check mine. "RESULT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS CANDIDATE IN THE SPECIFIED YEAR AND EXAM DIET" pls I need a better interpretation of this, I'm gradually loosing hope on this result since last week that I've been witnessing this, pls help!!!

Use computer (cyber cafe) you will see it
Phones are not allowed
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by venus4cupid: 5:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
Predstan:
Its on Diet. Can't you see it. Snake don't swallow your result. A whole examination body cannot spell date right

I am already hunting for the snake
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Idonije8(m): 7:56am On Jul 15, 2018
GidiWoodsMan:
So most of these posters making useless posts on nairaland are actually secondary school kids?

Damn! grin
whats wrong with you? you think everyone that write waec are kids? I wrote this year too because I wanted to use it for something very important...i had my first 2009 I had my certificate from auchi poly....think before you talk man
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 15, 2018
Idonije8:
whats wrong with you? you think everyone that write waec are kids? I wrote this year too because I wanted to use it for something very important...i had my first 2009 I had my certificate from auchi poly....think before you talk man

With due respect, I must express my observation that you have the mental development of a secondary school kid, still.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by durodee(m): 9:49am On Jul 15, 2018
grin grin grin cheesy grin
wizsolzy:

Wehdone sir grin. Commissioner in charge of Waec transmission
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Idonije8(m): 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2018
GidiWoodsMan:

With due respect, I must express my observation that you have the mental development of a secondary school kid, still.
i reserved my comments!!happy Sunday thanks anyway
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Predstan: 11:01am On Jul 20, 2018
paulynpen:

Brother you should have kept quite, we wouldn't have noticed that you are poor in English language. That term diet is very correct, you are confused because you are poor in English language skills. If you are a college student, well I will spank you but if you are a graduate, them whoever sent you to school got it wrong, he would have invested you school fees in buying pigs and goats
Well good to see your truculent act... Yes I don't know its correct. Can you explain what that means in context?
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by Afeezoladapo(m): 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2018
Predstan:

Well good to see your truculent act... Yes I don't know its correct. Can you explain what that means in context?
D DIET is used for EXAMS period.

It is widely used in d WORLD sef!

In WAEC, We have June/July Diet, Nov/ Dec Diet, etc.
Re: WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar by VskitAirtime: 11:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
Idonije8:
sorry to ask how old were you then??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oauife Admission List / ICAN Exam Docket: How Can I Print It? / Students Give FG Two Weeks To Announce Schools Resumption Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.