Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,025 members, 7,828,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times (32000 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Fake NYSC Exemption Certificate And Other Credentials (Photos) / Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2018
baby124:
She just needs to claim that she paid someone to handle it for her, and this was the certificate she got. If it’s fake, she didn’t know... then she can go ahead and apply for a real exemption. Case closed cheesy

It's not as "case closed" as you think.

1. Claiming she paid someone to handle it for her does not exempt her from the charge of conspiracy to forgery. She claiming ignorance will not fly because ignorance of the law is not a remedy for breaches.

2. She is not eligible for exemption, thus even when she applies, she will be denied.

As a consequence of submitting a certificate she is not eligible for, and likely forged, she can be prosecuted for the criminal charges of legal misrepresentation, conspiracy to forgery and forgery.

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by remigiusizunna(m): 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
The woman's purported certificate is clearly a forged one.
It is clear someone just received a pinch of sense.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by BlackDuke(m): 6:57pm On Jul 10, 2018
NYSC data office may soon be gutted by fire, this is Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by aribisala0(m): 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2018
baby124:

If she relocated to the country after 30, she is not required to do NYSC is she? The exemption certificate was not even necessary. She could say she had the wrong information at the time so she applied for exemption and got the certificate. Which she did not realize was fraudulent
She was not well advised.
The law as it is written does not make provision for that so she is required to serve otherwise go to court

I think there may be exceptional grounds but the only way to realize those is to go to court.

There are some loopholes which I identified but hell she does not pay me so I do not give my ideas for free.

What seems likely is she arrived as a tiro in Nigeria in the country and that document was procuredd by the likes of Amosun.

Very likely it was a forgery but as the guy who signed it is dead we may never know. Even if he signed it he was not empowered to do so by law.

Not even the president can grant an exemption and so many other political heads should rol e.g Tinubu and Saraki
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by paramakina202: 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2018
Our finance minister is a criminal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by ensamy(m): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2018
If the presence of Jonah as Kemi Adeosun is rocking the government boat then itit's better to throw Jonah into the water to safe the boat or allow Jonah in the boat then the government's boat will eventually sink with Jonah in it as kemi Adeosun. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by mathinips(m): 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2018
Ok oooo we waiting

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by mickeymimi: 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2018
Notin go happen jhor .. no be Niger ..When most of our senators no even finish secondary school....but they have forged university certificates and start forming big men up and down.......when the big thieves among them are the ones ruling the country
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by aribisala0(m): 7:11pm On Jul 10, 2018
boostdom:

It's not as "case closed" as you think.

1. Claiming she paid someone to handle it for her does not exempt her from the charge of conspiracy to forgery. She claiming ignorance will not fly because ignorance of the law is not a remedy for breaches.

2. She is not eligible for exemption, thus even when she applies, she will be denied.

As a consequence of submitting a certificate she is not eligible for, and likely forged, she can be prosecuted for the criminal charges of legal misrepresentation, conspiracy to forgery and forgery.
She is not eligible for exemption you are 100% correct

The forgery thing is more diffiicult to prove since the alleged signatory is dead. She does not have to claim she "paid" and even if she does that is not a defence of "ignorance of law" but acting in good faith.

If someone comes to my shop to spend fake money and I in turn go out to spend it in ignorance that the money is fake that is a reasonable defence

That is not a claim of gnorance of law so there is a need to make a distinction between a defence of ignorance of law and ignorance of facts.

If I give you a glass of water in good faith and it turns out to be poisoned and kills you that is unfortunate but without Mens Rea there is no crime
I am sure some illiterates will soon say I am defending her grin
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by degamemaster(m): 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2018
Aunty Kemi is going home. Everything about this daura born idiot is fraud and fraud and more fraud.

Buhari is going down as the most corrupt and fraudulent president of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by tiredoflife(m): 7:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
baby124:
She just needs to claim that she paid someone to handle it for her, and this was the certificate she got. If it’s fake, she didn’t know... then she can go ahead and apply for a real exemption. Case closed cheesy

So if I rape u
I just need to tell the judge I didnt know u are not my girl friend
And remove my sperm from ur body
And I can go home abi undecided

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by Adagba1: 7:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
The same people supporting Dino's certificate the other time are crucifying Kemi.What an irony.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by deomelo: 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2018
Built2last:
Gradually but steadily. Premium times has taken over investigative journalism in Nigeria from Sahara reporters.

Sowore has joined badt gang.

Premium times should keep it clean if they want to last

..but PT is not keeping it clean and it's obvious that they have their own agenda, political association and affiliation.

1. They painted the result of their investigation as proof of wrongdoing, indictment and conviction instead of the standard journalistic phrase, ALLEGED/ALLEGEDLY, that was very unprofessional because responsible and credible news outlets all over the world and basic principle of Journalism says until there is conviction in a court of law or legislative body, they must restrict their views to ALLEGED/ALLEGEDLY. PT basically arrogated to itself the prosecutor, jury and the judge.

That was dirty, slimy, unprofessional, crude, crass and grossly unbecoming.

2. When the NYSC issued a statement on the matter, acknowledging that the Minister indeed properly applied for an exemption, Premium Times chose a false and sensational and most unprofessional headline to report the news, alleging that the NYSC had ‘disowned’ the Minister, when what the NYSC did was the complete opposite of disowning her.

3. PT know they goofed, fumbled and acted very very unprofessional hence their scrambling with new and meaningless stories to justify their already badly handled flawed story.

4. The NYSC is the only designated body allowed to make any direct and final right or wrong proclamation, not PT and this is why at the end of the day, I see nothing but law suits in their future.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by ivandragon: 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2018
lol...

the tribal touts are as usual, defending their own favoured criminals...

hypocritical louts...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2018
aribisala0:

She is not eligible for exemption you are 100% correct

The forgery thing is more diffiicult to prove since the alleged signatory is dead. She does not have to cconstitutes she "paid" and even if she does that is not a defence of "ignorance of law" but acting in good faith.

If someone comes to my shop to spend fake money and I in turn go out to spend it in ignorance that the money is fake that is a reasonable defence

That is not a claim of gnorance of law so there is a need to make a distinction between a defence of ignorance of law and ignorance of facts.

If I give you a glass of water in good faith and it turns out to be poisoned and kills you that is unfortunate but without Mens Rea there is no crime
I am sure some illiterates will soon say I am defending her grin

The forgery thing is not as difficult to prove as you may think. The DG does not physically sign certificates. His signature specimen is available in the system and this is mass appended on the ELIGIBLE certificates.

Now, what constitutes "ELIGIBLE" certificates? Certificates that satisfy the discharge or exemption requirements. Kemi's does not.

Also, I think you are poorly informed on what constitutes defence of ignorance. If you are caught spending fake money because you want to claim someone spent it in your shop, then be aware that this does not exempt you from the charge of counterfeiting. Ignorance is not a valid excuse in itself. This is why those caught with stolen items are charged for possession of stolen items.

If you give me a glass of water and it turns out to be poisoned and I drink and die, you will be charged for manslaughter. This is why people who are commissioners in accidents where another dies are charged with manslaughter, if murder can't be proved.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by Icon2007: 7:45pm On Jul 10, 2018
If nysc should cover this case up nysc should be charged to court for double standard. Because I know some people that did something like this and after they were dismissed from their well paying job Nysc still charged them to court it was even in the news paper. So they should judge her based on the Law of the land.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by aribisala0(m): 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2018
boostdom:

The forgery thing is not as difficult to prove as you may think. The DG does not physically sign certificates. His signature specimen is available in the system and this is mass appended on the ELIGIBLE certificates.

Now, what constitutes "ELIGIBLE" certificates? Certificates that satisfy the discharge or exemption requirements. Kemi's does not.

Also, I think you are poorly informed on what constitutes defence of ignorance. If you are caught spending fake money because you want to claim someone spent it in your shop, then be aware that this does not exempt you from the charge of counterfeiting. Ignorance is not a valid excuse in itself. This is why those caught with stolen items are charged for possession of stolen items.

If you give me a glass of water and it turns out to be poisoned and I drink and die, you will be charged for manslaughter. This is why people who are commissioners in accidents where another dies are charged with manslaughter, if murder can't be proved.

I am talking academically . If and when a time to do any proving comes that is a business for Mrs Adeosun. I do not represent her. What I said is what I believe and you have written what ou believe.

Hahaha.

I am well informed, by case law, of the kinds of defences that have formed the Jurisprudence used to teach law students as defence exemplars

Anyone can be charged for anything. Ask Tinubu,ask Saraki.
I mentioned MENS REA it appears to have eluded you. Being charged is not the same as being guilty.

Let us not speculate on what might or might not happen. I respect your opinion I just disagree with them. I do not even want to persuade you to change your mind

My mindset is what I would expect to find in a trial judge willing to understand and listen to to both sides and not in a hurry to form opinion. How can one sit in trial if one is of the number that forms an opinion on hearsay. What does it take to be a judge/justice. Genuine intellectual neutrality. In law the starting poin is ALWAYS innocent until proven guilty.Always

Fine. I hear you and I am sure you hear me and we will have to agree to disagree and move on.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by freeze001(f): 7:59pm On Jul 10, 2018
Lomprico2:

Is this sarcasm or u are just a plain asshole? cheesy

The latter fits the bill to a tee.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by Lomprico2: 8:03pm On Jul 10, 2018
paramakina202:
Our finance minister is a criminal.

Yeeparipa!! shocked

She don tif our monie finish be dat!!

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by Munzy14(m): 8:12pm On Jul 10, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

First tie i will be on the same page with you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
As in eeeh. lol. ngene na Certified BMC. with small pay.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by aribisala0(m): 8:12pm On Jul 10, 2018
Politically ,
It is another matter.
Her and the government's silence brings into question the moralizing pposture of the government.

She should resign. That would be the smart thing to do politically. It is almost 4 years, the budget is passed and it makes Buhari look decisive.

However Bhari is weak and would be afraid of offending her godfather

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by goaldynboy: 9:05pm On Jul 10, 2018
CohenJane:

How can you expect Folakemi ADEOSUN to be on the list when she was not married to Mr Adeosun then

Olodo!

EWU!!

Kemi got married to NIYI ADEOSUN in the 1980s! So she was already bearing her husband's last name by 2009!!

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by MarijuanaLORD: 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
The woman's purported certificate is clearly a forged one.
Ngene e be like them never pay u ur bmc stipend

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by CharlotteFlair: 9:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
Masterppower:
It can not happen.

I say it will never happen...

What kind of sophistication is this...
Don't you just mean "sufferistication""??

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
You voted in the post of a whole President of the Republic of Nigeria to a man who could not show his class 3 standard 6WAEC certificate........ And now we are here discussing about his minister who didn't go
have NYSC certificate.....
This country is now a joke............

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by braine(m): 9:23pm On Jul 10, 2018
Fools were looking for "Foluke Adeosun".. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by deomelo: 10:05pm On Jul 10, 2018
PT don enter second chance. Na so so helter skelter all over the place.

grin grin grin
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by Truthcat: 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2018
Igbos should stop being hypocrites and lead by example by post Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's Nysc certificate or shut the hell up. If your sister didn't need nysc certificate why should mine need it? You can only address this issue from the ground up.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by AseleAsele18(m): 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2018
Premium Times great job. We await the defence already undergoing surgery. We hope they do it well.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by Jokerman(m): 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2018
Truthcat:
Igbos should stop being hypocrites and lead by example by post Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's Nysc certificate or shut the hell up. If your sister didn't need nysc certificate why should mine need it? You can only address this issue from the ground up.

So this is about supporting your own tribe now??
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by Truthcat: 11:26pm On Jul 10, 2018
No, it's about supporting yours! You must be dumb to think all your games won't have an end.
Jokerman:

So this is about supporting your own tribe now??
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Name Not On NYSC 2009 Exemption Register - Premium Times by yinnyme(m): 4:18am On Jul 11, 2018
homesteady:

If you can upload a picture of your certificate, blur out your name, then this matter would be concluded immediately.

my brother check my twitter handle @yinnimi
https://twitter.com/yinnymi/status/1016632475538337794?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview / Orji Kalu Convicted Of N7.2 Billion Fraud / Yunusa Yellow: Bashir Ahmad Retracts His Statement, Condemns The Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.