Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:40 AM

Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? (6301 Views)

Fayose To FG: Keep Your TSA, We Are Not Interested. / I'm Not Interested In Amaechi's Appointment- Wike / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by cuteass1(f): 9:13pm On Mar 26, 2007
McKren:

I take a different view

Girls are less interested in politics not because they are any less intelligent but I think its because politics comes with intrigues, strategies, maneuvering and manipulation and these are characteristics girls generally are not into. They tend to follow their hearts and attach emotions in most of what they do and thats basically the difference.

sweetheart, if what you are saying is what i think you're saying, then for this particular minute, i love you kiss

Seun:

Behind every corrupt politician, there is a more corrupt and apathetic, greedy and shallow-minded woman!

there is also a saying incase you forgot:

that behind every successful man, there is a woman
, but i guess that dosen't count, abi??
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by LadyT(f): 9:15pm On Mar 26, 2007
I agree.  Men are more power hungry whereas women tend to be more emotional so a woman will either want to ruin something or fix it.  Its a ego trip for some guys to have such power it has nothing to do with them being superior.  Its to do with power and greed.  

McKren:

I take a different view

Girls are less interested in politics not because they are any less intelligent but I think its because politics comes with intrigues, strategies, maneuvering and manipulation and these are characteristics girls generally are not into. They tend to follow their hearts and attach emotions in most of what they do and thats basically the difference.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 1one: 9:18pm On Mar 26, 2007
LadyT:

You will find many of my posts in the political section. But there are too many dumb guys on here who will tell you to go back to the romance section! angry

Its hilarious some of you guys believe you are superior because you discuss politics I hope you are proud that it is your sex that has run Nigeria into the gutter where it currently resides.

SO THEY tell you to go to the romance section and you too you would listen to them and carry all you have to offer away, it's so unfortunate that the world as a whole doesnt give many opportunities to women, but many women who have become as great as they are today didn't give into castigations and demoralizing comments, they pressed on to cut out an enviable niche in whatever field they chose, i'm not saying you should continue streaming posts into the politics section just to prove to some guys that you are intelligent ! far from it, you just have to be impervious to some people's opinions about you
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Seun(m): 9:20pm On Mar 26, 2007
Seun you just lost a hell of a lot of cool points for this stupid post.
Were you going to marry me if I didn't make that point? Oops, I didn't know. being sarcastic

that behind every successful man, there is a woman , but i guess that dosen't count, abi??
It doesn't count because we were talking about how many 'supposedly superior' men are corrupt politicians.

I agree. Men are more power hungry whereas women tend to be more emotional so a woman will either want to ruin something or fix. Its a ego trip for some guys to have such power it has nothing to do with them being superior. Its to do with power and greed.
What do you call a woman that allows such 'greedy' men to rule her in order to get their "love" and money?

You will find many of my posts in the political section. But there are too many dumb guys on here who will tell you to go back to the romance section!
If a girl tells a guy in the romance section to 'go back' to the political section, do you think he would obey?
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 9ja4eva: 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2007
Of course they are interested in politics.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by jgirl3: 9:31pm On Mar 26, 2007
Let me make something clear to you all. Females have as much thirst for politics as they want to. Not all of us are into fashion like that. If we go to romance section, we see a lot of girls there and if we go to sex section, don't even get me started on the number of guys there. For you people to now say that we prefer manicuring to politics is just so sexist. Not every girl is a desperate housewife-wannabe.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 9ja4eva: 9:34pm On Mar 26, 2007
Female politicians will top Politics soon.Nigeria watch out.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Seun(m): 9:37pm On Mar 26, 2007
For you people to now say that we prefer manicuring to politics is just so sexist. Not every girl is a desperate housewife-wannabe.
Of course, there are exceptions to every rule. My female friends are all exceptions, or we won't be friends.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 9ja4eva: 9:37pm On Mar 26, 2007
lmao.Yeap yu right.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 1one: 9:45pm On Mar 26, 2007
@ cuteass
saying you checked some other threads and found out that i send my posts without being backed up by facts?, that statement in itself mirrors lack of facts on your own side

22 posts?, i have many other things to do, i realllly enjoy myself on this forum, alot, but i'm also a very busy person, on the other hand, i prefer reading than sending, in sync with the fact that there is more wisdom in listening than in talking, , i only send posts when i deem fit .speaking about my response to the thread you said you read, well, i didnt need to beat around the bush, i'm a very blunt person and i was just saying what i felt at the moment, without apology
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by LadyT(f): 9:49pm On Mar 26, 2007
God. Just because some fool tells me to go back top the romance section doesnt mean I do it. Im just stating the bigoted and foolish comments a few guys make when the see a girl talking politics.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by cuteass1(f): 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2007
1one:

@ cuteass
saying you checked some other threads and found out that i send my posts without being backed up by facts?, that statement in itself mirrors lack of facts on your own side

22 posts?, i have many other things to do, i realllly enjoy myself on this forum, alot, but i'm also a very busy person, on the other hand, i prefer reading than sending, in sync with the fact that there is more wisdom in listening than in talking, , i only send posts when i deem fit .speaking about my response to the thread you said you read, well, i didnt need to beat around the bush, i'm a very blunt person and i was just saying what i felt at the moment, without apology

it had nothing to do with beating about the bush, but the fact that the thread had gone to a higher level, the initial mood of the poster had changed due to certain circumstances, and if you had read the whole thread patiently, you'd have seen that your post was a minute or more too late wink

@ topic

sweetheart, who ever said we women were not good listeners as well??

the thing is that you generalized all of us without exceptions or human-realization to the fact that some do participate

i remember trying out the "current affair game"on this forum sometime back, and after some trials and getting most answers wrong, i decided to be more of a listener, afterall you did say there was wisdom in listening right??

well some women prefare to listen , at the same time you have to agree with me that there are some women making efforts on politics as well, so for you to just scoop all ladies/girls/women in the same spoon was knid of harsh and hurtful too sad

assuming things just like that does not cut the cake wink
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 1one: 10:08pm On Mar 26, 2007
i apologize for being rude, generalization?, i'm sorry too.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by cuteass1(f): 10:21pm On Mar 26, 2007
1one:

i apologize for being rude, generalization?, i'm sorry too.

apology accepted dearie wink cheesy

@ topic

we'll try our best to participate(at least when we have a thing or two to contribute to the topic), its our country too afterall cheesy
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by McKren(m): 10:49pm On Mar 26, 2007
love you too, cute-ass
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by ghettochyk(f): 11:14pm On Mar 26, 2007
originally posted by 1one
if you care less about technology and politics , what else could you possibly care more about, perharps, fashion, cookery , pleeeeeese spare me that crap, i'v e gone through many other girly post and what i've drawn from them is that most girls don't even like hanging out with their girl fellows, giving the cliched response that girls don't talk about serious things, so tell me, what could be more serious and intellectually challenging as technology and politics, HELLO ! are you even living how can you possibly care less about technology in this era , i'm afraid for you, the PC you are using -Technology, the Internet - Technology, your cellphone (if you have one) - Technology - your Tv - technology, the list is endless, if you care so less about technology perharps you might not even know the meaning of "PC"

you should just listen to yourself. you sound like a complete ignant jack-ass. you can only make such a stupid and retarded argument in the village you're living in. technology might be so "amusing" to you because the presiden't has just allowed light into your little hole. what have YOU contributed to the REAL world of technology??!!! you are such a narrow-minded bigot!! running your mouth bout "cookery" and "fashion". how many of the females on nairaland do you actually know in person? who the hell are you to judge a groups knowledge? so you think you are into intellectually challenging material because you have an impotent penis? GIVE ME A FXCKING BREAK!!!! do yourself and the rest of us a favor and get a damn job, maybe with aol, maybe they can use your oh-so-powerful knowledge in technology.

@all the other creatures on here with joysticks
you all sound like narrow-minded jack-asses. i guess you do believe a woman's place really is in the kitchen. stop being so stereotypical. this is the 21st century. and i feel so bad for the unlucky lady that will have to deal with dat from her "intelligent" husband.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Mustay(m): 11:37pm On Mar 26, 2007
she really is from d ghetto. Haba! y d names? u were making sense to me but it's rather pitiable a woman should be writing like this. make ur opinion count in a sane manner. Ghetto chick, you really need to get outta d ghetto. ahn ahn!
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by ghettochyk(f): 11:45pm On Mar 26, 2007
Mustay:

she really is from d ghetto. Haba! y d names? u were making sense to me but it's rather pitiable a woman should be writing like this. make your opinion count in a sane manner. Ghetto chick, you really need to get out of d ghetto. ahn ahn!
my opinion sounds pretty sane to me hun. now am insane for speaking my mind? i'm sure you'd prolly beat your wive for speaking up cus she might be going crazy huh?!!! and i guess it would be "less pitiable" if a man was writing like me huh? don't worry bout where i live, you don't know nuthin about that!! TRUST ME!!!  wink
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by jgirl3: 12:57am On Mar 27, 2007
Ghettochyk, stop wasting your time on the guys jare. Let their ancient minds continue thinking that we're still living in the 17th century.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 9ja4eva: 1:26am On Mar 27, 2007
Chai u harsh oh
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by jgirl3: 1:46am On Mar 27, 2007
Give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar. He deserved it.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 9ja4eva: 4:47am On Mar 27, 2007
I like dt quote oh.Wateva jare.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 1one: 5:48am On Mar 27, 2007
@ghetto chick, ur posts?, well, it shows that you are really living up to the expectation of your name, GHETTO CHICK AKIN TO GHETTO THINKING = GHETTO MINDED POST !, YOU NEED REHABILITATION,
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by jgirl3: 5:52am On Mar 27, 2007
don't get mad at her for putting you in your place. Just accept it. Only ignorance would make you talk the way you did
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by texazzpete(m): 7:02am On Mar 27, 2007
what are the women doing? Plenty! it's just that they get distracted what with the wave of romance centred stickies on the nairaland front page!
Besides, many gals are frequent contributors on the sports and technology sections.
also, i believe the 'politics' section is overrated, it's become an avenue for people to argue and rant about issues, for people to show off their 'stratospheric' IQs. IMHO, 70% of the posts in the politics section aren't what i'd call intelligent!
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 9ja4eva: 7:22am On Mar 27, 2007
Hmm dey wld rule
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by tijehi(f): 8:49am On Mar 27, 2007
Guys are talking about girls not interested in politics, that it is mianly for them, cus of the way it's been played. This is total crap. it is a saddening situation that guys will think like that. Anyway, Iam not surprised, knowing all their tricks to see that women are never seen or heard when it comes politics. I and my friends discuss politics, and I tell you guys u'll be imprees when u hear us talk. Dont get thinking that its the latest fashion we discuss. I was watching news on a local tv sation, and there was this particular news that i was so interested in, it was all about some women politician, who came out to voice their objection to the way they were being treated by INEC (THE ELECTORAL COMMISSION). One of these women said that her name was removed from INECS list of contenders for the senate, that when she confronted INEC, they could not give her a cogent reason why her name was removed. Another said the State Chairman of her party, called her and said she should drop the ambition of going to the senate, that they will give her a better position in the state when they win (that is if they win o). These women were bitter, because of these treatments. Why would men want to push them out of what is free for all. Since they have the right and capability to contest for, they should contest.
The fact that I'm a woman, does not mean I should spend all my life in the kitchen, or that I should spend preciouse time discussing fashion. Men have a sterotypical idea of who women are, and how they should reason. this is wrong. Please guys know that we are as intelligent (in some cases 'more') as you are.
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Seun(m): 8:50am On Mar 27, 2007
Please guys know that we are as intelligent (in some cases 'more') as you are.
Prove it. It's not what you say you are, but what you do, that determines who you are!
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by Razorr(f): 8:57am On Mar 27, 2007
Here we have it again. This egotistic, dumb, annoying and out rightly irritating boys. 4play, why am I not surprised at your post?

Who says women do not comment in politics? Go and read all the threads on this forum. Note how many political threads women have started. Also note the number of posts from women. You guys mostly ignore the posts we make anyway.

Dump and irritating thread!
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 9ja4eva: 8:58am On Mar 27, 2007
You don wake.Wld u run for presidency?LOL
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by sweetchick(f): 9:04am On Mar 27, 2007
Hey ghettochyk, don't sink to their level. No matter what, the guys are entitled to their narrow- minded opinions. Besides we all know that "what a woman can't do, can't be done."
Re: Our Girls Are Not Interested In Politics? by 9ja4eva: 9:04am On Mar 27, 2007
What a Man can do a woman can do better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

kwara politics / Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print / A C N Rejects Kogi Polls Result, Alleges "scientific Rigging"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.