Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba (6422 Views)

Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash / Melaye Appears In Senate In Unusual Attire- Daily Trust / Senate Says President Has Not Declared Any State Of Emergency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by chardino(m): 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2010
God is the Almighty either you are a Muslim or a christian God is overall. So what is not good in the sight of God is also not good in the sight of every body. I wounder why such a person will be allow to contribute/make law to more responsible people of this GREAT Nation Nigeria. And  for yarima is a mistake and a disgrace to human race.
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by KnowAll(m): 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2010
If you seriously want me to reply you, you must consider reducing your font size. No point in "shouting" at others.

[size=14pt]This is my new trade-mark u are free to reply me if u want to or better still chicken out, it would not remove a hair from my head,  u must stop this your lynch mob mentality wiping up un-necessary emotions and sentiments as u go along.

What any sane person would do is engage in the rudimentary principles of Law, what u are yearning here screaming from the roof top with a sound blaster would not hold water in any court of law that knows its mandate.[/size]
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by Theblessed(f): 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2010
[b]Being a Senator does not prevent us from finding out who this guy really is - a paedophile. The act is inate and entrenched in him hence this consistent behaviour of not only raping but sexually and psychologically damaging these very young girls for his own evil gratifications. To me, his status as a Senator, is just a mask to cover up his wickedness on young women and I wonder, what might have been the experiences of young girls near where he lives/state that led him into going as far off a foreign land to seek out another innocent child for abuse.  Wait, your day shall come!!!!  

The sad thing is that after he has taken their purity, he discard them via divorce.  And I ask, where now is the young woman he took before the one in question - gone home to her Mama/Papa, eh? You see, this sadist must be stopped and if we don't, it won't be long his current catch would be discarded and he'll be back on it again - watch this space!  

It would be nice to make an example of him so that others like him who are lying low right now, waiting and watching the events/reactions in the country on this matter, learn their very own lessons.
Therefore, NBA I support you in every aspect and, urge you not to relent on this matter until this sadist smells his own blood. angry angry angry angry
[/b]
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by KnowAll(m): 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2010
Being a Senator does not prevent us from finding out who this guy really is - a paedophile. The act is inate and entrenched in him hence this consistent behaviour of not only despoiling but sexually and psychologically damaging these very young girls for his own evil gratifications. To me, his status as a Senator, is just a mask to cover up his wickedness on young women and I wonder, what might have been the experiences of young girls near where he lives/state that led him into going as far off a foreign land to seek out another innocent child for abuse.  Wait, your day shall come!!!! 

The sad thing is that after he has taken their purity, he discard them via divorce.  And I ask, where now is the young woman he took before the one in question - gone home to her Mama/Papa, eh? You see, this sadist must be stopped and if we don't, it won't be long his current catch would be discarded and he'll be back on it again - watch this space! 

It would be nice to make an example of him so that others like him who are lying low right now, waiting and watching the events/reactions in the country on this matter, learn their very own lessons.
Therefore, NBA I support you in every aspect and, urge you not to relent on this matter until this sadist smells his own blood. Angry Angry Angry Angry

[size=14pt]As u are a woman I can understand your emotional attachment to this unsual behaviour, but there is no law that stops a man from marrying and divorcing a 1000 times. We need to be less sentimental and be more objective ON issues like this. Your anger and discontent is meaningless b4 the law.[/size]
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2010
Who among ds“pro-Yerima”can marry d divorced 15 years old girl? cut d crap nd let face d reality, wat Yerima did has no moral justification, he is only hiding under d tenets of his religion in order to perpetrate his evil acts. God wil judge.
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2010
As u are a woman I can understand your emotional attachment to this unsual behaviour, but there is no law that stops a man from marrying and divorcing a 1000 times. We need to be less sentimental and be more objective ON issues like this. Your anger and discontent is meaningless b4 the law.[/size]
[quote][/quote]@poster, d issue isnt abt divorce, bt why must he married an under age girl, which i am very sure, is against d will of d girl. His act is morally wrong.
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by KnowAll(m): 6:31pm On Jun 13, 2010
@poster, d issue isnt abt divorce, bt why must he married an under age girl, which i am very sure, is against d will of d girl. His act is morally wrong.

[size=14pt]Under age marriage is not a sin according to Islamic teachings. His people have being pratising this weired sounding matrimony for 170 years, Who are we to question a man who has chosen to follow the tenents of his religion to the letter knowing his reverred prohet in no other person than Mohammed did the same thing to a 9 year old.

The fact remains today most mordern muslim have shied away from this old practise but some die hard we rather follow the teachings of the quoran word for word and letter to letter. This is a right the Mordern state of Nigeria cannot deny a people who have en-powered their reps to re-open and a revisit. We practise a democracy and we should adhere to the tenents of democracy.[/size]
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by redsun(m): 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2010
The reason why nigeria is a failed state is because we have perverts and mentally deranged individuals as leaders.It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that depriving a child of a future in the name marriage or whatever is immoral,and inhuman.

Any moslem that wants to commit such an abominable act in the name of primitive and barbaric doctrines should vie for a position among the taliban not in a progressive and rational nigeria
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by bowei(m): 7:24pm On Jun 13, 2010
Chief know all, i second your views bellow!!
[i]Under age marriage is not a sin according to Islamic teachings.(once the couple involved are sexually matured) His people have being practicing this weird sounding matrimony for 170 years, Who are we to question a man who has chosen to follow the tenets of his religion to the letter knowing his revered prophet in no other person than Mohammad did the same thing to a 9 year old.
[b]but i object to this

The fact remains today most modern Muslim have shield away from this old practice but some die hard we rather follow the teachings of the Qumran word for word and letter to letter. This is a right the Modern state of Nigeria cannot deny a people who have en-powered their reps to re-open and a revisit. We practice a democracy and we should adhere to the tenets of democracy.
[/i][/b]
We have Muslim and also christian who indulge in such,but its more common with the Muslim most of the Muslim females you see in purdah in both northern and southwestern part of Nigeria are underage and this in fact is common practice
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by SLIGHT(m): 7:25pm On Jun 13, 2010
Yarima shoulda resign honourably than take scorn and mockery daily on newspapers headlines
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by Osama10(m): 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2010
All these useless aboki looking for tight holes all the time.
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by Beaf: 7:27pm On Jun 13, 2010
@knowall
I see you have taken to idiocy in order to support paedophilia. Are you one too? Or why the foolishness and large font?
Like a fool, you are mentioning laws, but the law of Nigeria says very clearly that Yerima and anybody that took part in the marriage is a criminal.

In fact, the law to protect children from primitive se'xual predators and paedophiles is so wide that YOU TOO are guilty and liable to jail or a fine, for supporting the paedophile, Yerima.

Primitive !diot.
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by seanet02: 7:30pm On Jun 13, 2010
Removing yerimas balls is the only remedy to stop his useless behaviour, he is a real mad man. He deserved to be hanged in broad day light. We must remove his two balls at all cost.
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by SLIGHT(m): 7:32pm On Jun 13, 2010
Osama10:

All these useless aboki looking for tight holes all the time.

Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by hEvyAlien(m): 7:48pm On Jun 13, 2010
Clearly, Nigeria is a lie fed to the simple minded.
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by hEvyAlien(m): 7:59pm On Jun 13, 2010
@Knowall. I don't think state law can overrule federal law. Otherwise you would have state houses drawing up laws to suit them and then Imagine the chaos. That said, Yerima defying the laws of the federation means he does believe he should be governed by the laws made in the house where he sits. In that case, he should not be be there, and should either resign or be forced out.
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by seanet02: 8:00pm On Jun 13, 2010
@knowall, you are nothing but a mad man, a nuisance, a slowpoke. an idiot, you are completely daft man, you lack common sense and moral justification, so you knowall and you are still supportin that idiot for marrying a thirteen year old girl, no wonder you know nothing, how did the internet got so popular that animals that should be in the zoo are now abusing it, by the way how did you got to know of nairaland, you dont deserve to be here, you should be av either a pyschiatric hospital or at the zoo because you cant make simple reasoning. You are so foolish
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by pdozie: 8:16pm On Jun 13, 2010
Yerima is 100% wrong. NBA is 100% right. he shouldn't be sitting in the chambers where Laws are made and yet he is breaking the laws openly.

I really wonder why it is that each time a national issue arises people try to use tribe or religion to defend and abuse each other. Nothing as far as am concerned convinces me that the North and the South (at least) should be one country. Is there anything wrong in breaking up and each region having its sovereignty? If the northern Muslims believe certain laws suit them most, then as a separate entity/region/country they should have their laws and practices. The South (especially Niger Delta) wouldn't like anything better.

I really think we should either separate (break up) or regionalise. We do not have same culture, nor same values, nor same languages nor same temperament nor same ideology, then why aer we a nation?
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by Osama10(m): 8:20pm On Jun 13, 2010
The problem is Nigeria is just a joke, I cant even comprehend certain things about Naija.
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by bowei(m): 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2010
Chief know all, i second your views bellow!!
[i]Under age marriage is not a sin according to Islamic teachings.(once the couple involved are sexually matured) His people have being practicing this weird sounding matrimony for 170 years, Who are we to question a man who has chosen to follow the tenets of his religion to the letter knowing his revered prophet in no other person than Mohammad did the same thing to a 9 year old.
[b]but i object to this

The fact remains today most modern Muslim have shield away from this old practice but some die hard we rather follow the teachings of the Qumran word for word and letter to letter. This is a right the Modern state of Nigeria cannot deny a people who have en-powered their reps to re-open and a revisit. We practice a democracy and we should adhere to the tenets of democracy.
[/i][/b]
We have Muslim and also christian who indulge in such,but its more common with the Muslim most of the Muslim females you see in purdah in both northern and southwestern part of Nigeria are underage and this in fact is common practice
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by gerona: 9:10pm On Jun 13, 2010
@Mistakay - It is obvious you are as dumb as your Senator Yerima. Since he does not believe in Nigeria laws then he can go sit in the parliament of Al Qaeda, Taliban or Hamas so he can solely practice his sharia laws and pls Mistakay do not forget to go with him since you are a diehard supporter of his.

Agents of darkness, away with you both and your likes who hide under the cloak of religion to perpetrate evil.
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by gerona: 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2010
@ Knowall

My question is - Will you give out your 13year old daughter to a man of 51 years?

Religion, Yerima and the Nigerian laws aside, for the sake of morality, don't you think a 13year old child is not psychological, emotionally and and even physiologically matured to handle the challenges of marriage and its incessant issues?

What is wrong with marrying a virgin girl that is 18 whose organs have at least fully developed?
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by seyibrown(f): 10:10pm On Jun 13, 2010
Yerima (and any other man of his age who would sleep with a 13 year old) is clearly a paedophile! It is even sadder that he divorced a 15 year old to make way for the 13 year old wife! If he is not stopped, he would be marrying a new child-wife every couple of years! Who knows how many child-brides are hidden away in purdah - God have mercy!

He should not be seating in a senate that passes laws which he believes does not bind him but binds every other citizen!
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by zaragoza(m): 10:26pm On Jun 13, 2010
@mistakay, i dont really understand the point u are trying to make! What yerima did is bad and shld be condenmed in strong terms. I dont really buy into ur idea of catching the bigger thief b4 the small one or solving the bigger problem before the smaller one, it just doesn't make sense!!
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by KnowAll(m): 12:10am On Jun 14, 2010
[size=14pt]For anyone to come out in a public forum like this and say federal laws can overides state laws is making a mockery of the whole echos of federalism and is living a fools paradise with a hangover of dictatorial colonization which Nigerians have being subjected to for over a decade now.

The residual of such hangover are large swathe of men and women who are dunces who does not know their left from their right, scuh people have being militarized in their thoughts and in their actions such that reason becomes an ardious and incomprehensive task, these zombies are what we have as our intelligentsia today. A mob mentality is rife amongst our youths today and beaf is the Chief Hangman

Because we have had a long series of rogue military regimes over the past 25 years, the Federal structures and its apparatus including its uniqueness and blend has being eroded over time. There are 3 list of power segregation in a federal system, 1. IS THE CONCURRENT LIST- THIS ARE ITEMS BOTH THE STATES AND THE FEDS HAVE JURISPENDENCE OVER AND THEY WORK PARRALLEL TO EACH OTHER NO ONE AUTHORITY IS ABOVE THE OTHER.

There is a Residual list - the states has full autonomy on items on this list, religious inhibitions, customs and conventions come under this Law, No Federal law can over rule the sharia laws in operation  in the 9 states that are practising it. That is why OBJ was dumb founded when those states went ahead in adopting this legal code rather than the secular code we are use to in the south.

There is the exclusive list where the feds have supremacy of all items on the list, they include defence, police in nigeria, foreign affairs and internal affairs which covers prisons, Immigration and customs. In other climes states have police and prisons under their jurisdiction.

I REPEAT THE MAN HAS A RIGHT TO SIT IN THE SENATE AND TO ABSTAIN ON LAWS WHICH ARE CONTRARY TO HIS RELIGIOUS BELEIFS AND CUSTOMS. THIS RIGHT IS GURANTEED IN EVERY DEMOCRACY IN THE WORLD AND NIGERIA WOULD NOT BE AN EXCEPTION.
[/size]
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by AkoEja: 12:33am On Jun 14, 2010
You cannot come across as fair or sincere if, before you take a stand on this Yerima issue, you do not take into cognisance the provisions of the religion he subscribes to and the cultural practices of his people who have sent him to the senate to represent them.

This is the problem; people continuing to commit illegality and all sorts of atrocities; hiding under the name of religion and cultural practices. Their religion and culture, just a facade to allow them to commit crime, what a shame!
This is the 21st century, yet some people remain stuck in the 13th century!
Quote me the passage in the Quran(in English please and verbatim) where it says its ok to marry underage children.
Mohammed died in 572AD, nearly 1500 years ago, why do we have to do things exactly as he did them thousands of years ago? Why can't a person wait for the child to grow up?
When a man prefers sexual relationship with children than adults, he is simply a paedophile! He has a mental problem which makes him want to have sexual relationship with children, and he needs help. In a barbaric society however, he can cover this atrocity easily, using money, power, influence, etc.
We know this sort of thing happens a lot in the North of Nigeria, and even down South among mostly muslims, but not restricted to muslims alone, but when the person involved is a senator, the interest of all Nigerians is raised to a much higher level, for obvious reasons. These kind of practice must be stamped out. If there is a law protecting this disgusting man, that law needs to be changed, fast. There are many things in the Bible that a lot of christians have stopped practising as they do not fit into modern day living. Some people are worse than animals. Even animals don't defile their young!
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by Beaf: 12:35am On Jun 14, 2010
@KnowAll
[size=14pt]You show yourself to be really foolish, bloody paedophile lover![/size]
You can go on and on about your love for backwardness, criminality, child molestation and evil. The law will get you one day. cool

These are the first lines of the constitution, if you don't like them; declare war. . . Just that the Nigerian Federation will roundly defeat, smash and destroy you like Boko Haram and Maitatsine. grin grin grin grin grin

1. (1) This Constitution is supreme and its provisions shall have binding force on the authorities and persons throughout the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

(2) The Federal Republic of Nigeria shall not be governed, nor shall any persons or group of persons take control of the Government of Nigeria or any part thereof, except in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution.

(3) If any other law is inconsistent with the provisions of this Constitution, this Constitution shall prevail, and that other law shall, to the extent of the inconsistency, be void.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by AkoEja: 12:52am On Jun 14, 2010
SOME INFO FROM THE HOLY BOOK.
Consider the following verse,
4:24 - ,  And those of whom ye seek consent (by marrying them), give unto them their portions as a duty. And there is no sin for you in what ye do by mutual agreement after the duty (hath been done). Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Wise.

This verse talks about commencement of marriage and giving of dowry by the groom to the bride. This verse is stating that if bride and groom want - they can 'mutualy' agree on dowry. Now mutual agreement requires that both parties are mature enough to know what they are doing. Can a child possess this maturity? Does a girl 11 years old know what she is doing in terms of marriage? The answer is a 'No'. The 'mature' aspect of parties is not restricted to marriage only but also to Divorce (2:223) and matters related to Orphans (4:06).

Now the question is,  who is a 'mature' person? Or what is the age of 'majority'? Of course Islam does not mention it anywhere. Usually a person is called a 'major' if he/ she is 18 years of age or older - below than that is a 'minor'. This is the legal definition in most of the countries.
Many Islamic scholars do not believe that The Prophet did marry a nine-year-old Ayesha because it would have violated the requirement of the valid permission clause of the Islamic Marriage Decree. Therefore, the Prophet married an intellectually and physically mature lady Ayesha. Check further here , http://www.studying-islam.org/articletext.aspx?id=935
Drunkards sometimes justify their alcoholism by saying Jesus turned water into wine!
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by Nobody: 2:11am On Jun 14, 2010
I wanted to curse all the obvious pedophiles on this thread but I will restrain myself. It seems muslim women like being married as child brides that's why Yerima and his ilk on this thread can rationalize this disgusting act. Didn't the women protest against the actions taken against Yerima? If you like give your two year old child to a 70 yr old man, I can't be bothered again. Disgusting sets of human beings.
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by seanet02: 5:17am On Jun 14, 2010
@knowall you deserved to be hanged, i am also a muslim like you may be if i guess well, he committed the sin in abuja not his state. So you cant make simple thinking, what you are trying to say is that one can go to zamfara and drink beer in the public just because one is not from zamfara and ones states laws does not prohibit it even though it is against the laws of zamfara. You are so daft. how could you be supporting that mad senator, you must be from zamfara state, because only people from that region of daft land thinks the way you think. Your reasoning is so ugly and unpleasant. How did you got to know of nairaland? You are a disgrace to humanity. You just should been here.
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by zaragoza(m): 5:44am On Jun 14, 2010
@mistakay, i dont really understand the point u are trying to make! What yerima did is bad and shld be condenmed in strong terms. I dont really buy into ur idea of catching the bigger thief b4 the small one or solving the bigger problem before the smaller one, it just doesn't make sense!!
Re: Yerima Cannot Continue In Senate, Says Nba by adconline(m): 6:44am On Jun 14, 2010
Senator Yerima does not know that a federal law is utra vires of his self imposed Sharia law in Zamfara. Maybe he needs to be educated on the laws of Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of First Locallly Made Navy Warship! / Gunmen, Security Operatives Clash In Yobe / Gov. Yari Re-elected In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.