Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,387 members, 7,836,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob (24650 Views)

Is It Proper To Boil Yam Before Peeling Or After Peeling? / How To Boil Eggs So They Peel Easily = Howto9ja / How To Boil Eggs Without Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by Puppetmaster08(m): 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2022
Best way to boil Agbado grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by dyera(m): 12:50pm On Jul 25, 2022
Thanks for the agbado recipe. Tinubu urchins really need this. With this they can stop eating raw agbado. Next is to wait for the cassava recipe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by princeemmma(m): 12:50pm On Jul 25, 2022
You dey teach us how to boil corn now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by VeryWickedMan: 12:52pm On Jul 25, 2022
They are teaching us how to boil corn now grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by seanwilliam(m): 12:53pm On Jul 25, 2022
Mariangeles:
For your corn to cook soft and faster, add salt after it is cooked.

Once you add salt at the beginning, it will take longer time to cook and it will still be hard...
hmmm
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by dontbothermuch: 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2022
Yummy
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by Vlibray: 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
You no add cassava ? grin

3 Likes

Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
Leave about 2-3 layers of leaves and trim off the tip. It gives it better taste.

vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFFeIB_GPK4

Hey guys! How do you enjoy your corn, boiled or grilled? I love mine boiled. Fresh corn on the cob can be a wonderful addition to any barbecue or special touch for a weeknight meal.

Boiled corn is simple to make, all you need is your fresh corn, salt and water. see the simple step below on how to properly boiled corn at home, this video above shows you the simple steps on how to boil corn on the cob.
What You Need

• 5 ears of fresh corn Red or white corn)
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• 3 cups of water

Steps on how to boil corn on the cob

1. Carefully remove all the peels and the silk from the corn into a bowl and rinse with water.
2. Place the corn in a large pot and add enough water to completely cover it. Add a little salt to taste if you love your corn with a taste of salt
3. Cook the corn for 10 minutes and lift the side facing up with a tong downward so that it get cooked evenly.
4. Cook the corn for 20 minutes on high heat until it becomes soft, you can pick one of the seeds with a fork to taste if it is soft.
5. Drain the corn from the liquid and serve with African bush pear (Ube)or fresh coconut.

Cc. Lalasticlala
Oboinascopy
Mynd44
Seun
Ishilove
Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
Jagugu88li
Fynestboi
Dominique
Angelsss
KimberlyWest
Queenitee. Come and eat corn

Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by swiych(m): 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
As a Bini guy, I find it interesting because in Benin, we don't peel off everything from the corn before cooking. Na only lagos I dey c dis style and particularly yellow corn, e be like say dem get beef with d white n purple corn.
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by OtunbaStixx23: 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
[quote author=kingsmac post=115071488]Indirectly training us to prepare for Tinubu's presidency.
I really pray this doesn't work out. [/quote

I swear...I think she is not Obidient, preparing us for the future hungry via our Drug baron
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by Mariangeles(f): 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2022
seanwilliam:
hmmm

From way way back? Damn! I'm consistent. cheesy
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by mannasseh(m): 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2022
out of experience put the salt only when the corn is done. if you put the salt from the beginning, it will toughen the corn and make it hard to soften
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by Antoeni(m): 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
Baba Agbado Comes to Mind,
The Future Food For 50 Million Youths When They Are Recruited into The Nigeria Army
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by FalseProphet1(m): 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2022
Mariangeles:

Once you add salt at the beginning, it will take longer time to cook and it will still be hard.
Hmmm...I've learnt something today.

3 Likes

Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by creolehunt: 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2022
Mariangeles:

Once you add salt at the beginning, it will take longer time to cook and it will still be hard.

If it is cooked already, what's the point of adding the salt?
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by Mariangeles(f): 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2022
FalseProphet1:

Hmmm...I've learnt something today.

I'm glad you did. smiley

1 Like

Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by Mariangeles(f): 1:39pm On Jul 25, 2022
creolehunt:

If it is cooked already, what's the point of adding the salt?

Salt balances the taste.
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by eteebanky1: 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2022
Nonsense and ingredients

Have you ran out of content, rubbish
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by wonder233: 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2022
I disagree with this video.
Firstly, when peeling off the corn, don't remove all its covering.. Boil it with at least the last two layers, that way, it locks in and maximises the freshness.

Secondly, corn has no business with salt.
The practice of boiling with salt or dipping in salted water is a poor hack by those desperate to recreate the unique taste of fresh corn which is lost when the corn is more than 24hrs old.

It was when I moved to lagos, I saw people eating tasteless stale salted corn.
In Benin and most other cities, even corn vendors know they can't sell boiled corn that is more than a day old
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by alizma: 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2022
Mariangeles:

100% correct.

1 Like

Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by Lama70(m): 2:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
You try. Especially with the timing.

Enjoy yourself.
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by blacknoir: 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
Flexherbal:
This is corn season.

Bon appetit !
Corn appetit
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by Adlac(m): 2:25pm On Jul 25, 2022
vinegurl:

Thanks I didn't know about this

This is Fact 100% CORRECT.
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by ednut1(m): 2:25pm On Jul 25, 2022
Make una come chop roasted ones

Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by Chienex24(m): 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2022
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFFeIB_GPK4

Hey guys! How do you enjoy your corn, boiled or grilled? I love mine boiled. Fresh corn on the cob can be a wonderful addition to any barbecue or special touch for a weeknight meal.

Boiled corn is simple to make, all you need is your fresh corn, salt and water. see the simple step below on how to properly boiled corn at home, this video above shows you the simple steps on how to boil corn on the cob.
What You Need

• 5 ears of fresh corn Red or white corn)
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• 3 cups of water

Steps on how to boil corn on the cob

1. Carefully remove all the peels and the silk from the corn into a bowl and rinse with water.
2. Place the corn in a large pot and add enough water to completely cover it. Add a little salt to taste if you love your corn with a taste of salt
3. Cook the corn for 10 minutes and lift the side facing up with a tong downward so that it get cooked evenly.
4. Cook the corn for 20 minutes on high heat until it becomes soft, you can pick one of the seeds with a fork to taste if it is soft.
5. Drain the corn from the liquid and serve with African bush pear (Ube)or fresh coconut.

Cc. Lalasticlala
Oboinascopy
Mynd44
Seun
Ishilove
Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
Jagugu88li
Fynestboi
Dominique
Angelsss
KimberlyWest
Queenitee. Come and eat corn

How long does it take roughly to boil agbado if one puts salt after it is cooked?
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by Ishilove: 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
Chienex24:

How long does it take roughly to boil agbado if one puts salt after it is cooked?
DON'T PUT SALT IF YOU WANT THE CORN TO BOIL ON TIME. I speak from practical experience.
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by Chienex24(m): 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2022
Ishilove:

DON'T PUT SALT IF YOU WANT THE CORN TO BOIL ON TIME. I speak from practical experience.

Yeah, I get... But like how long will it now take?? In minutes to hours?
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by 989900: 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
kingsmac:
Indirectly training us to prepare for Tinubu's presidency.
I really pray this doesn't work out.

I came here for this comment.
Re: Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob by CAPteencee(m): 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2022
This piece just popped up at the perfect time.
Mine is boiling as I type this. Thanks for the coconut reminder.
Getting it right away

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) / What Is KALE Leaf Called In Nigeria Local Market And Dialect? / Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.