Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,809 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

"Don't Allow Yourselves To Be Intimidated." -senator Anyanwu Charges Delegates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Don't Allow Yourselves To Be Intimidated." -senator Anyanwu Charges Delegates (287 Views)

Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike / PDP Hails Imo Governorship Candidate, Senator Anyanwu On His Birthday / Uzodinma’s Desperation, Greed Has Destroyed Imo – Senator Anyanwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Don't Allow Yourselves To Be Intimidated." -senator Anyanwu Charges Delegates by PeterOnu(m): 11:10am On Jul 11, 2018
A leading governorship aspirant in the PDP primaries, Distinguished Senator Samuel Anyanwu has charged PDP delegates in the forthcoming primaries to refuse any form of intimidation in their choice of candidates for the party.

Sen. Anyanwu gave the charge while addressing PDP delegates and party leaders at Obowo LGA on his consultative visit. He told them to consider the overall interest of the party in making their choice based on the candidate that can compete favourably with candidates of other political parties and deliver the party, and not be coarsed by any individual or group into voting based on parochial interests.

The lawmaker who represents Owerri Zone in the Senate told the delegates that the era of threats and impunity is over in the party, especially now that the party leadership both at the State and National levels have repeatedly reinforced their commitments to a free and credible primaries.

"As far as I am concerned all of us in the governorship race in the party are good and qualified, but I urge you to consider the person with a track record of winning elections, a person that can win the election for the party if given the ticket. This is because everyone in the State is tired of APC and their bad government, and is only looking for the candidate the PDP will present. In a football match if a team is losing a match they will introduce a good striker. Now that our dear party is in opposition in Imo State what we need at this time is a top striker like me" he said.

"I have always insisted that it is your right to choose your candidate, and I cannot force you to vote for me even as the highest elected political leader of our party in the State. "That is why I have come with my team with the permission of your leaders in Obowo to beg you for your votes. This is in the interest of our party, this is in your interest. I am assuring you that if you give me the ticket I have the capacity and goodwill to deliver the party in the general elections, he told the delegates.

Sen Anyanwu said he will restore party supremacy when he assumes office as the Imo State governor. He challenged the party officers to work hard and make good decisions that will ensure the victory of the party in the general elections as this is the only way they can remain relevant in the scheme of things.

He lauded the achievements of Chief Sam Mbakwe when he was the governor of the old Imo State which is still indelible in the State, and noted that fourty years after, God has brought another Samuel to bring smiles to the faces of Imo people.
Sen. Anyanwu informed that as the governor of the State, Obowo will be developed into a statelite town because of its strategic location. He said he will reconstruct the Mbakwe road to link communities in the area, as well as revive the Avutu poultry in order to create jobs.

In their separate speeches, Hon Barr. Chris Okewulonu and other party leaders in the area testified to the capability of Sen Samuel Anyanwu to deliver the party and urged the delegates to vote for him. They agreed that Senator Anyanwu is a good party man with the goodwill and mentality to win the general election.

(1) (Reply)

Why Not Create A Website For Your Political Party / 2019 Will Determine If The Future Is Secured For The Nigerian Youths -MFR / Court To Decide Fayose's Fate - EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.