Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike (28324 Views)

Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP / PDP: House Caucus Call For Buhari's Impeachment Is Constitutional / Buhari: 1966 Coup, Counter-Coup, I Was All In It, Says PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by chokekachy: 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike on Wednesday, November 1, told governors of the People Democratic Party (PDP) that he could not be intimidated.

He warned against any tampering with the political structure in Rivers state.

The Minister said this after a closed-door meeting with members of the PDP Governors’ Forum led by chairman and governor of Bauchi state, Bala Mohammed, on a courtesy visit to the minister’s office, accompanied by Governor of Adamawa state, Ahmadu Fintiri, Governor of Plateau State, Caleb Muftwang, and Governor of Taraba State, Agbu Kefas.

Recall that a crisis had erupted in Rivers State on Monday, October 30, after an attempt by the Rivers State Assembly, to impeach the incumbent Governor, Siminalayi Fubara.

However, Wike while addressing the PDP governors, said he would not be intimidated, noting that impeachment moves were not equivalent to a military coup, but was a provision in the country’s Constitution.

He dismissed rumours of interest in monies belonging to Rivers state, adding that nobody could take away the political structure in the state.

He said: “Nobody can intimidate me. If I want to do something, I will do it. Impeachment is not a military coup; it is provided under the Constitution. I’m not interested in all the rumours, money, this, and that. Rubbish. Absolute rubbish. I just left office how many months ago? And I’m FCT Minister, so which money?

“But nobody can take away our political structure. No one. You cannot work and people will begin to bring enemies, those who fought you when you were struggling for the person to be in office. Nobody does that. I’m not a political ingrate, but don’t touch the political structure of the state. I will not shut my eyes.”

Wike also appreciated the Governor’s Forum for the courtesy visit and appreciated President Bola Tinubu for the privilege to serve as FCT Minister, while reiterating his support for the President’s Renewed Hope Agenda.

Earlier, the Chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum, thanked Wike for his willingness to resolve issues, noting that the Forum had “waded into the matter”, which showed the importance of Rivers State.

He also commended the President for his appointment of Wike as FCT Minister, noting that his antecedents spoke volumes about his ability to lead.

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-rivers-crisis-nobody-can-intimidate-me-wike/?fbclid=IwAR1q2f0CXErpbJpTy8qJTfal-95YzJygdEypEcsF3njT1TQF-LOTocllnCk#google_vignette

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by BigBlackPreek(m): 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2023
Lord Wike himself has spoken!

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Simdyofficial(f): 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2023
PDAPC WIKE.... I LOVE THE DRAMAS THOUGH

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Okwyjesus(m): 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2023
Which structure? Structure of criminality

176 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by JPmore: 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2023
But why are PDP stakeholders afraid of Wike?
Is the visit necessary?

I am Obident and careless

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by KenOne: 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wait, is it that PDP is afraid of Wike or confused. Because i don't really understand the homage and respect accorded to someone that has aligned with APC as your member. What happens to expulsion.

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Pakute: 5:10pm On Nov 01, 2023
Okwyjesus:
Which structure? Structure of criminality
That Agulu fraud also wanted to maintain his structure but Obiano destroyed it and kicked him out. so, no dey come here to dey talk like a saint.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by brain54(m): 5:14pm On Nov 01, 2023
“If I want to do something…

I will do it”!

9 Likes

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Nonny95: 5:14pm On Nov 01, 2023
Pakute:

That Agulu fraud also wanted to maintain his structure but Obiano destroyed it and kicked him out. so, no dey come here to dey talk like a saint.

This obsession with Obi is now turning you to a psychopath.

The news is Wike, Rivers and PDP Governors.

Stick to it Rice Bandit

195 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Eteka1(m): 5:19pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wike is right.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:22pm On Nov 01, 2023

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Akano5(m): 5:25pm On Nov 01, 2023
He's not even ashamed of saying such rubbish, he is justifying his damning actions...

Nigeria has been turned to a business corporation for this greedy fools -- see what they have turned the country to

SMH

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by oluwaseyi0: 5:25pm On Nov 01, 2023
Impunity

What's really happening to PDP, to afraid of Wike that's an ex PDP member

Atiku is truly clueless just like Buhari, he can't lead a party yet he's always hell bent on having the presidential ticket

See as Wike is playing PDP like ball

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by princeade86(m): 5:26pm On Nov 01, 2023
U can imagine this wike. He even let people know his behind d impeachment

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Peterobi90: 5:26pm On Nov 01, 2023
In as much as this is from "The Nations news" Well, it's all on SIM now... he better take the Obaseki route and build his base with the people because Wike is out to finish him.. he wants to lure you to the court and use his judiciary puppets to bury you..

4 Likes

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Guyman01: 5:27pm On Nov 01, 2023
He is talking about Political Structure of rigging elections in Rivers State being destroyed.
The reality is that Wike is shocked by the dirty moves made by Sim to counter his impeachment moves copied from Obaseki vs Oshiomole playbook.

The advertiser below me, why are you always on Nairaland and on every thread, how many people patronise you here that you have been using heavy graphics to finish our data, are you working for MTN and Glo data department?

16 Likes

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by MantlePro: 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2023
C

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Godstiger(m): 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2023
The man is not alright upstair

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by ronalmagic10(m): 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wike understands the game and that's why he's on top. He dealt ruthlessly with ipob and pan.dora and they've been wishing him evil since but God is on his side

Carry on FCT 003

34 Likes

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by SoNature(m): 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2023
Rivers people need to come together and treat Wike fvckup! This man has totally lost it because of power and money.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Artscollection: 5:29pm On Nov 01, 2023
It is upto upland
Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Gianeh: 5:29pm On Nov 01, 2023
Thus man should rest

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Morbeta11(m): 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
Last kick of a dying horse....

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Sunisonflex39(m): 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
He just implicated himself about the issue

3 Likes

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by mrvitalis(m): 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wike needs to understand that the political structure of any state is always with the governor of that state

Wike talking didn't he take over Ameachi and odili political structure?

When you have over a state to the next governor you also hand over the political structure

GDI wike used to become governor was he the founder? Smh

I hate when people can't take what they do to others

The only thing sim owes wike now is to support his political structure.... That's all

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Godstiger(m): 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
Nonny95:

This obsession with Obi is now turning you to a psychopath.
The news is Wike, Rivers and PDP Governors.
Stick to it Rice Bandit
Ouch..that hurts

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by ufuosman(m): 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
Dis people
Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Boyooosa(m): 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
Really?
Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Emeskhalifa(m): 5:31pm On Nov 01, 2023
What is bemusing here is how a whole PDP is afraid of Wike cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by emmabest2000(m): 5:32pm On Nov 01, 2023
JPmore:
But why are PDP stakeholders afraid of Wike?
Is the visit necessary?

I am Obident and careless

Emeskhalifa:
What is bemusing here is how a whole PDP is afraid of Wike cheesy

PDP is not afraid of Wike
They are just ignoring him and his madness
Silent is the best answer to a fool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by AmazingELixir: 5:32pm On Nov 01, 2023
grin grin grin

Ipob miscreants will invade this thread now....the name Wike intoxicate them.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: Impeachment Is Not Military Coup, I Can Never Be Intimidated - Wike by Kcfresh2103(m): 5:32pm On Nov 01, 2023
grin This is what i was telling someone earlier today.
Wike wey me i know will deal with Fubara blue, black and what have you.
The reason is because the ode of a governor has lost that sympathy protest he got all over the state on monday.
He was doing well not on till he ran to Abuja to meet with Wike and then came back to start reversing the sack of those
commissioners and other aids.
The man no get mind, the next impeachment na for broad day light Wike boys go do am. Everybody is angry with Fubara seriously, because
that first move shake Wike no be small, now he has given Wike time to restrategize.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Insecurity: CAN Rally Has A Political Undertone - MUSWEN, MURIC / Bandits In Sokoto Burn 42 Passengers / Bishop Okonkwo: Men Of God Failed To Deliver Ex-President Jonathan From A Spell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.