Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,037 members, 7,828,641 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Would God Continue To Punish Christians ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would God Continue To Punish Christians ? (257 Views)

Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? / Why Would God Create Homosexuals And Direct Them To...... / Will God Continue To Forgive You If You Commit The Same Sin Over And Over Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Would God Continue To Punish Christians ? by Chosen59: 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2018
Would God Continue To Punish Christians ?

There is no doubting the fact that Christians are harmless people, those who follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. We have on record how greatly God used, especially the early Christians, to do positive wonders to humanity. Why would God hate them and cause hatred between them and Muslims?

The Qur'an specifically draws an open battle between the Muslims and the Christians, when it says: " O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people (Qur'an 5:51).

Even though the Jews and Christian have a slight difference in the way they worship God, yet the Qur'an says they are friends of each other. That is how it should be because they worship the same God but a different way. In the same vein, the Christians and Muslims have a different way of worship and that shouldn't create an enmity if the God they worship is the Spirit. Isn't that true? The totality of it is that Allah is not the God of the Christians, otherwise, he would not hate the Jews and the Christians.

Again, the Qur'an further states " Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low" (Qur'an 9:29).

If Allah is the God of the Christians, why would he continue to punish and kill them? Why would he tell Muhammad to fight and bring them low? There is an annual festival in Osogbo, Osun State. It is a festival for Osun worshipers but other idol worshipers do join them to celebrate. Sango, Oya, Egunfun worshipers go there to celebrate. Even though their ways of worship differ, but because they are worshiping the same god (i.e the same Deity), there is cooperation among them. Why is there no cooperation between Muslims and Christians if they worship the same God?

Were they worshiping the same God, why would Allah ask Muhammad and his jihadists to fight the people who received the Scripture earlier? Why would God tell any prophet to raise war against his own people?

If fact, Allah told Muhammad to tell the people that what he worshiped was different from what the Jews and Christian worship as in:

Say : O ye that reject Faith!
I worship not that which ye worship,
Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,
Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
To you be your Way, and to me mine (Qur'an 109:1-6 Yusuf Ali).

Who are those who reject Faith (Islamic faith?) Definitely, it is the Jews and the Christians. And to them Allah told Muhammad to say that what Muslims worship is not the same as the God of the Jews and Christians.

We all know that the Jews and Christians had been worshiping the true God long time before the advent of Muhammad and his Islam, then who is the God of Islam that said he is not the same as the God of the Jews and Christians and hates them very much?
Re: Would God Continue To Punish Christians ? by iSpread(m): 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2018
We all know that there's only one God. All religions of the world seek to know this great God- man's quest to know God which has brought about the several religion in the world today. That's the reason for the fighting and killings.

But, get this right, Christianity is not a religion. When once people get to know this the fighting will cease. There's religion in Christianity but Christianity itself is not a religion. It is the divine life of God at work in a man - divinity at work in humanity. That's what Jesus said, its a relationship with our heavenly father.

God doesn't need anyone to fight for him, his all powerful and mighty. He ask us to love and forgive genuinely, because we now have his same life in us, we are his children and he wouldn't want his children to behave wrongly. So he say to pray for others.

In Christianity we worship our heavenly father, we live and operate in the Name of Jesus. Now if you don't believe in Jesus, you're not a Christian cos that's our family name now.

So we are now God's children, and no father is expected to punish his children.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Soothsayers In The Churches Exposed!!! They Minister Death!!! / Angels / Giddinewz Brothers Twin Gospel Artist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.