Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Obama's Unbiblical Declaration - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obama's Unbiblical Declaration (26178 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by tpiah: 2:34pm On Jun 14, 2010
Most of the great scientists of the past who founded and developed the key disciplines of science were creationists who took the Bible at face value. 

Physics:  Newton, Faraday, Maxwell, Kelvin

Chemistry: Boyle, Dalton, Pascal, Ramsay

Biology: Ray, Linnaeus, Mendel, Pasteur

Geology: Steno, Woodward, Brewster, Agassiz

Astronomy: Kepler, Galileo, Herschel, Maunder

true talk.

i also made similar points about the walking on water thing and was laughed to scorn by some ignorant folks.

now, when some military power starts working on the idea of surface tension and makes something out of it, all doubters will applaud.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by noetic16(m): 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2010
mazaje:

The fact is the Americans have learned to separate religion from their collective affairs as a people. And they are better for it. . . .

u miss the point. No nation on earth is a Christian nation or has ever been a Christian nation. perhaps u need to understand what Christianity entails in the first place. That a bunch of pagans who labelled themselves "Christians" ruled and abused others in the dark ages, does not make their colonies a Christian state. Religion has always been separate from any state, but has also been the major influence in the affairs of many state. America as a nation has been tremendously influenced by Christianity from its inception. Thats a FACT.

Since when did deist star believing in the bible? The American founding father were deist not christians. . . .

They claimed to be Christians (like many church-going persons do) but are really deists. Because they know there is a God, but have no relationship with Him.
On a lighter note, there is NO founding father of America who ever claimed on record not to be a Christian. . . prove me wrong and produce a link.

How did the bible help Newton in his exploits? Pls state how the bible helped him in his scientific exploits

How did the bible help these people in their scientific exploits as you stated?

Newton was inspired by his beliefs, convictions and source of Strength (Jesus Christ)

How is the universe in order?. . . . .
what u opine as CHAOS is what others opine as ORDER. Since there is no known parallel to compare the universe with, it is as such acceptable and factual that the universe is in ORDER.

What have all these quotes got to do with any thing? I can also provide quotes from other scientist who have contributed so much to the scientific field of knowledge who were atheist, but am more interested in your assertion that they got their inspirations from the bible, Which part of the bible helped dalton with his discoveries in chemistry?. . .I just want you to show me how their beliefs in the bible particularly helped them in their scientific finding, I saw you provide quotes from people like Albert Einstein, a person who does not even believe in the bible and is on record declaring that the bible and the God it talks about are childish fables.

Several biblical teachings must have inspired them. namely:
1. I can do all things through JC who strengthens me . . . phil 4:13
2. They that know their God shall do exploits , . Daniel 11:32
3. Every good and perfect gift comes from above . . . .James 1:17

do u need more? . . .
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by mazaje(m): 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Who is talking about religious dictators here?  Tell me one Christian nation that ever existed?  Christians were persecuted and scattered by emperors and religious dictators since the time of Christ.

I thought you were the one talking about the bible as a guiding principle for countries in Europe?

What we have today are nations that have developed as a result of taking the Bible seriously in the making of their constitutions.

Pls show me just one or any part of the bible that is contained in the US constitution, Just one part will do. . . . .

It was used in forming the constitution in Great Britain until the religious dictators took over and the real Christians had to escape to places like America for their religious freedom.

Which part of the British constitution contains anything from the bible? Who were the real Christians that founded America?. . .

It was the Christians in America that fought for the freedom of African slaves, and Abraham Lincoln who coincidentally was born on the same day and year as Charles Darwin made a glorious declaration proclamation for the freedom of slaves, it is a pity that these so called African brothers cannot remember that it was the so called left wing that fought to keep them in perpetual captivity.

Abraham Lincoln a christian? You don't know what you are talking about. He can best be described as a deist. . . .By the way the same slave trade was carried out mostly by the same christians using the bible as their best tool for enslaving people, no?

I
n Britain, Christians like John Wesley, Wilberforce and John Newton who for years fought relentlessy for the abolition of slave trade until it was eventually abolished.  It is a shame that Obama is now comparing the rights of ethnic minorities with that of sinful and abominable choices made by men such as the right of a woman to kill her unborn baby and the right of men to have anal s ex.

How does men having anal sexxx affect you in any way?. . . . .  

The difference is the seriousness and application of the Bible in the European and American countries in the writing of their constitutions.

Again show me one part of the bible that appears in the US constitution. . . ,

Look at Israel in the midst of Arab countries can you see the differences in their civilizations with that of their neighbours?

You are just jumping every where you don't even know what you are talking about, The Israelis do not believe in your God. . .They don't believe in your bible, and they don't worship the same God do. They are Jews and they don't believe in Jesus, the trinity or any of the things you believe in.

Do you know how many of their scientists that have discovered or invented things compared to those who do not believe the Bible?

What exactly are you talking about? The Jews do not believe in the same bible as you? Besides Israel is a secular state not a religious state, There are so many scientist in other parts of the world that invented things without even knowing about the bible, no? What exactly are you talking about?

Nigeria would have been great if they had continued to develop on the constitution based on the Bible but what we have now is a multi cultural one where the sharia laws permits Adults to marry minors thus setting the country back for years.  I am sure that if not for the education that the missionaries brought with the gospel you would still be in the doldrums as we speak.  

Name one country whose constitution is based on the bible. . . . .Is it not the same bible that tells people to stone to death their disobedient children? Kill people that work on the sabbath, Never to challenge leaders because it is God that make them leaders, turn the other cheek when attacked, the same bible that tells women to shut up and never teach men anything etc. . . .Tell me one country that has developed by following these biblical principles. . . .

Sin is the transgression of the law.  What you now call freedom such as homosexuality, adultery, fornication, murder (abortion, euthanasia, [b]the theory of survival of the fittest [/b]etc), injustice, blasphemy, no respect for authority and the like.

Read the ,there is no book that encourages the survival of the fittest like the bible, half of it contains meaningless violence perpetrated by "God's chosen" over the others that were condemned by "God", no? Show me any group of christians that live better moral lives than non christians. . . .

You are still looking for evidence?  What about the millions of babies killed each year in the name of abortion? The violence, murder and maiming because they now believe your so called theory of evolution that says we come from nothing and that we end up as nothing?  The pop culture that glorifies immorality and vanity?  I know that you cannot see the moral depravity going on all around you because you are "enjoying" your so called "freedom" undecided

You don't know what you are talking about, You don't know what morality is at all as such you are not some one i consider to be a moral person, your morality is based only on fear and the us verse them mentality, What you consider immoral to you might be moral to another person because morality is NOT objective, it varies from place to place. . . .Since your morality depends on aged long myths you can keep on keeping on. . . .Just know that you can never have your way when you go about condemning others because you chose to hold unto some kind of mythical beliefs that they don't hold unto. . .
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by mazaje(m): 3:46pm On Jun 14, 2010
noetic16:

u miss the point. No nation on earth is a Christian nation or has ever been a Christian nation. perhaps u need to understand what Christianity entails in the first place. That a bunch of pagans who labelled themselves "Christians" ruled and abused others in the dark ages, does not make their colonies a Christian state. Religion has always been separate from any state, but has also been the major influence in the affairs of many state. A[b]merica as a nation has been tremendously influenced by Christianity from its inception. Thats a FACT.

Sure, where else did they learn how to enslave others but from the bible, where did they learn how to commit genocide but from the bible since the bible is full of stories where Yahweh tells his chosen men to go commit genocide. . . . grin grin Just kidding. . . .But on a serious note now, How has Christianity helped in influencing America? Which teachings of the Christ thought capitalism? Christs was a pacifist, are Americans pacifist?. . . .Take a look at the culture they have created,  and show me which one of them agrees with Christianity?. . . .

They claimed to be Christians (like many church-going persons do) but are really deists. Because they know there is a God, but have no relationship with Him.
On a lighter note, there is NO founding father of America who ever claimed on record not to be a Christian. . . prove me wrong and produce a link.

grin.Sure I don't know if there is any of them that formally declared that he was not a christian. Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Paine, James Madison ,George Washington, Abraham Lincoln etc. . . .Where deist from Judging from their writings. . . .

Newton was inspired by his beliefs, convictions and source of Strength (Jesus Christ)

Hmmm OK I accept. . . .I don't know much about Newton and his beliefs so I can just make comment over things I don't know. . . . .

what u opine as CHAOS is what others opine as ORDER. Since there is no known parallel to compare the universe with, it is as such acceptable and factual that the universe is in ORDER.

You just jumped into conclusion when you just accepted that its nothing but mere opinion. . . grin

Several biblical teachings must have inspired them. namely:
1. I can do all things through JC who strengthens me . . . phil 4:13
2. They that know their God shall do exploits ,  . Daniel 11:32
3. Every good and perfect gift comes from above . . . .James 1:17

do u need more? . . .

OK nice. . .This wasn't what I was asking but I'll let it pass. . . .
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:45pm On Jun 15, 2010
The Bible's answer to Obama's declaration.

Jesus said In Mark 10:6,

"but from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female."

Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.  shocked

Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 15, 2010
Edit
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

The Bible's answer to Obama's declaration.

Jesus said In Mark 10:6,

"but from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female."

Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.  shocked
In addition,during 2nd procreation, God was passing a message when he told noah to take in pairs of all living thing in opposite sex. Gen 6.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by princekevo(m): 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2010
thehomer:

Your claim about a referendum on how Christian he is will give as varying a response as that of any other American political leader.

You got me wrong here, i never meant a referendum on how christian Obama is. I mean a referedum being conducted on the issue of Gay's right. You will discover that an average american will vote against it. So why should Obama apply his veto power here, without considering first what an average American thinks abt it.

You do need to tell how he's a disgrace to Africans and humans. Not everyone believes in your bible or your principles.

This is a hypocritical comment, is jst like saying you are an american but following the laws of America is optional to you. Incase your religion was not clear abt its principles, Bible clearly specified the principles to us christians. There are not made of different standard, but one standard. So if you say you are a christian you must follow that standard and priciples laid down from the bible. Where by, you do something different from what you claim to believe on it make you nothing but a hypocrites. Go and check the meaning of christian Obama is self proclaiming himself to be. Christ-like, so ask yourself what Christ would have done if he were in Obama's position. Would he compromise to approve gay relationship?
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by princekevo(m): 7:58pm On Jun 16, 2010

Well what was the view of their founding fathers? Because from what I understand, they intended the country to be a secular one not a religious one.

You need to tell me the motto of America as discovered by their founding fathers. In satan they trust? If indeed they trust in God what does God say abt Homosexualism?

You should say he's not the kind of Christian you are or want him to be. But remember he is the president in a country of more than 150 million adults. They are not all Christians but all should have equal rights before the law. What makes you think that you are the best type of Christian?

I dont want him to be the kind of christian i want, but to be the christian he proclaim to be or do we have many type of chritians bible approved? Is either you are a christian or you are not. Like i said b4 I wouldnt have problem with him approving his homosexual if tml he denounce christianity. Moreover, Obama is not the first president at the white house both those that were christians and those that were not, non nationally approved the recognition of such immoral act. The question should be , why him and now?

Well what [b]does it say about abortion? Nothing the last time I checked.
And homosexuality?[/b] Well I think it says they should be murdered. Do you want him to honour this? You must really be living in the bronze age or something. And I guess adulterers, fornicators and others should also have their just reward since he's behind the bible.

Oh C'mon i think you need to read your bible again to see where bible said thou shall not murder or are you telling me a month old baby has no right to live? Ask me for where the bible condenmed homosexualism i will gladly show you. Mind you, bible never said we should murder them, so dont ask me if obama should aprove thier murder. But we should condenm it jst like every other sin you mentioned above, only by that they can be brought to repentance. When we embrace it jst like Obama did, they see it as a normal thing and see no reason to change from such immoral acts.

How do you know Obasanjo is not born again? Does he have to apply to you personally? A person being born again is not written on their forehead.
Probably you willl ask me did i know satan is not a christian. The bible said by their fruit you shall know them. So i dont need christiometer to know OBJ is not a christian and has never being a christian
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2010
'i make my post with no insult intent'
It baffles me to note that some posters on NL have eyes but doesnt use them well before posting or its just cos of unreasonable critical views that responsible for these perceived errors.
The topic is 'obamas unbiblical declaration' meaning what was declared by obama is not supported in the bible. If anyone feels otherwise that its biblical post same&if not just remain silent&let things be
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:52pm On Jun 17, 2010
mazaje:

I thought you were the one talking about the bible as a guiding principle for countries in Europe?

What do you see entrenched in the institutions in the U.S.? the 10 commandments.  It is only when the minority godless communists got into power that they began to remove the landmark that their fathers had laid.  Check out their constitution that was formed based on the scriptues you will find out that most of them have biblical underpinning in them.

mazaje:

Pls show me just one or any part of the bible that is contained in the US constitution, Just one part will do. . . . .

Go and read the constitution itself, it is awash with biblical principles.  This can be googled up if you so wish.

mazaje:

Which part of the British constitution contains anything from the bible? Who were the real Christians that founded America?. . .

If you don't know what the decalogue contains how will you be able to discern it in the constitutions of U.S. and the U.K.?  I will post a link of some of the founding fathers of America for your perusal.  Do you even know the significance of the St Georges' flag?  Read about the wise men who where the founding fathers of America and see that they believed in a Creator God.  http://www.icr.org/articles/view/400/313/

mazaje:

Abraham Lincoln a christian? You don't know what you are talking about. He can best be described as a deist. . . .By the way the same slave trade was carried out mostly by the same christians using the bible as their best tool for enslaving people, no?

Do you even know who a Christian is?  I don't know what you mean as a deist but I know a Christian by what he says and does which goes a long way in telling me what he believes and Abraham Lincoln certainly believed in God and His Word.  If you really want to know whether Abraham Lincoln was a Christian then read this article: http://www.icr.org/article/america-committing-suicide/

mazaje:

How does men having anal sexxx affect you in any way?. . . . . 

You being amoral would not know what it means to be moral but if anal se x is what you want to promote please keep it to yourselves and do not legislate that it should be institutionalised and taught to 5 year olds as se x education as a normal way of life.  Read what the Bible has to say on Obama's unbiblical declaration.  No Adultery

mazaje:

Again show me one part of the bible that appears in the US constitution. . . ,

It is there for you to read up.  Even Nigeria at the beginning of their federation before it got modified.

mazaje:

You are just jumping every where you don't even know what you are talking about, The Israelis do not believe in your God. . .They don't believe in your bible, and they don't worship the same God do. They are Jews and they don't believe in Jesus, the trinity or any of the things you believe in.

Christian and the Jews read the same Bible and believe in the same God (the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) the only difference is that we only share the same O. T. scriptures.  A lot of them are now Messiahnic Jews who believe the N. T. as well as Jesus as their Messiah, those who don't believe in Jesus as their Messiah now would soon believe as events begin to become clear to them in the future.

mazaje:

What exactly are you talking about? The Jews do not believe in the same bible as you? Besides Israel is a secular state not a religious state, There are so many scientist in other parts of the world that invented things without even knowing about the bible, no? What exactly are you talking about?

Without the Jews we would not have the Bible we are reading today.  The Bible was written by Jews unless you have been deceived by those claiming that their church wrote it.  I know that Israel is now a secular state but can you deny that their biblical heritage has not robbed off on them, seeing how they converted a barren land into the fruit basket of the world, do you know about their irrigation system and how they specialise in cutting diamond?  If you study the percentage of scientist who invented things today a considerable number of them are Jews scattered all over the world, what do you think is responsible for this? Abraham's blessings.

mazaje:

Name one country whose constitution is based on the bible. . . . .Is it not the same bible that tells people to stone to death their disobedient children? Kill people that work on the sabbath, Never to challenge leaders because it is God that make them leaders, turn the other cheek when attacked, the same bible that tells women to shut up and never teach men anything etc. . . .Tell me one country that has developed by following these biblical principles. . . .

I have not only mentioned one but more than two, can you figure them out?  Let me tell you of St. Georges flag of England.  The white background colour stands for forgiveness while the red cross stands for the cross of Jesus Christ, are you still telling me that the Bible has no influence on their country?

mazaje:

Read the ,there is no book that encourages the survival of the fittest like the bible, half of it contains meaningless violence perpetrated by "God's chosen" over the others that were condemned by "God", no? Show me any group of christians that live better moral lives than non christians. . . .

Survival of the fittest is a secular humanist agenda to keep others under control.  It is what evolutionists use to eliminate those they seem to be the weakest link read up on it.

mazaje:

You don't know what you are talking about, You don't know what morality is at all as such you are not some one i consider to be a moral person, your morality is based only on fear and the us verse them mentality, What you consider immoral to you might be moral to another person because morality is NOT objective, it varies from place to place. . . .Since your morality depends on aged long myths you can keep on keeping on. . . .Just know that you can never have your way when you go about condemning others because you chose to hold unto some kind of mythical beliefs that they don't hold unto. . .

The Bible shows us the absolute morality that cannot be matched with your humanist ethics.  Your so called ethics would end when a theif decides to use his own ethic to steal your wallet and would want to see you claiming that stealing your wallet is not immoral and that it is relative.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:29pm On Jun 17, 2010
toba:

'i make my post with no insult intent'
It baffles me to note that some posters on NL have eyes but doesnt use them well before posting or its just cos of unreasonable critical views that responsible for these perceived errors.
The topic is 'obamas unbiblical declaration' meaning what was declared by obama is not supported in the bible. If anyone feels otherwise that its biblical post same&if not just remain silent&let things be

The way they are going they would soon legislate for paedophiles and bestiality. undecided
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by thehomer: 11:36pm On Jun 17, 2010
princekevo:

You got me wrong here, i never meant a referendum on how christian Obama is. I mean a referedum being conducted on the issue of Gay's right. You will discover that an average american will vote against it. So why should Obama apply his veto power here, without considering first what an average American thinks abt it.

What do you mean by "an average american"? What sort of referendum do you have in mind? Also remember that he was just making a proclamation.

princekevo:

This is a hypocritical comment, is jst like saying you are an american but following the laws of America is optional to you. Incase your religion was not clear abt its principles, Bible clearly specified the principles to us christians. There are not made of different standard, but one standard. So if you say you are a christian you must follow that standard and priciples laid down from the bible.

No, not following the laws will make you end up in prison. What are the human effects of not following biblical laws that are not illegal in a state?
Who says they are just one standard?

princekevo:

Where by, you do something different from what you claim to believe on it make you nothing but a hypocrites. Go and check the meaning of christian Obama is self proclaiming himself to be. Christ-like, so ask yourself what Christ would have done if he were in Obama's position. Would he compromise to approve gay relationship?

I guess you seem to think that Christ would banish homosexuals but issue proclamations supporting the rights of adulterers and prostitutes. You still don't realize that he is a president of more than 350 million people. Out of which an estimate of 4% of voters is homosexual. If say half of the total population could vote, that would be about 7 million individuals.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by thehomer: 7:50am On Jun 18, 2010
princekevo:

You need to tell me the motto of America as discovered by their founding fathers. In satan they trust? If indeed they trust in God what does God say abt Homosexualism?

The original motto in 1782 was in latin and meant "From many, One". It was changed in 1956 during the cold war period. So what the founding fathers intended was a separation between religion and state. Also, you should understand that the God in this new motto is not defined. Your assumption that it is the God of the Bible is simply that. An assumption.

princekevo:

I dont want him to be the kind of christian i want, but to be the christian he proclaim to be or do we have many type of chritians bible approved? Is either you are a christian or you are not. Like i said b4 I wouldnt have problem with him approving his homosexual if tml he denounce christianity. Moreover, Obama is not the first president at the white house both those that were christians and those that were not, non nationally approved the recognition of such immoral act. The question should be , why him and now?

And what type does he proclaim to be? Since you feel it is either one is a christian or one isn't, then why is there such a fragmentation amongst christian groups?
The point is that homosexuality is not immoral. You may consider it immoral using your bible but for most of us, we do not consider it immoral.

princekevo:

Oh C'mon i think you need to read your bible again to see where bible said thou shall not murder or are you telling me a month old baby has no right to live?

This is a strawman. I'm not speaking of a one month old baby. I'm speaking of a foetus that still cannot live independent of the mother. You may show me where the bible states that you should not kill a foetus.

princekevo:

Ask me for where the bible condenmed homosexualism i will gladly show you. Mind you, bible never said we should murder them, so dont ask me if obama should aprove thier murder. But we should condenm it jst like every other sin you mentioned above, only by that they can be brought to repentance.

No my friend the bible does recommend that you kill homosexuals for being homosexual. Read it properly. Repentance? Why would someone who does not consider your bible that important or that does not believe in your God think they would need repentance for what they do not consider bad?

princekevo:

When we embrace it jst like Obama did, they see it as a normal thing and see no reason to change from such immoral acts.

Well has it occurred to you that it may just be a normal variation?

princekevo:

Probably you willl ask me did i know satan is not a christian. The bible said by their fruit you shall know them. So i dont need christiometer to know OBJ is not a christian and has never being a christian

Oh? So who is a christian? Benny Hinn? Or Ted Haggard who we now know is at least bisexual?
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2010
So much for the evolutionist's morality.

mazaje:

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20100326.gif[/img]
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by mazaje(m): 1:30am On Jun 19, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

What do you see entrenched in the institutions in the U.S.? the 10 commandments.

Which part of the US constitution says that the citizens should not have an God buy Yahweh? Where in the constitution of the US does it state that people should not take the name of Yahweh in vain or that they should not work on the sabbath? Every society knows that stealing and murder is wrong ,no?

If you don't know what the decalogue contains how will you be able to discern it in the constitutions of U.S. and the U.K.?  I will post a link of some of the founding fathers of America for your perusal.  Do you even know the significance of the St Georges' flag?  Read about the wise men who where the founding fathers of America and see that they believed in a Creator God.  http://www.icr.org/articles/view/400/313/

Most of the American founding fathers were deist, and deist believe in a creator God, no?

Do you even know who a Christian is?  I don't know what you mean as a deist but I know a Christian by what he says and does which goes a long way in telling me what he believes and Abraham Lincoln certainly believed in God and His Word.  If you really want to know whether Abraham Lincoln was a Christian then read this article: http://www.icr.org/article/america-committing-suicide/

Go read about Abraham Lincoln from credible sources not from the website of a renowned conspiracy theorists(Kent Hovind) who is presently serving time in prison for fraud. . . .

You being amoral would not know what it means to be moral but if anal se x is what you want to promote please keep it to yourselves and do not legislate that it should be institutionalised and taught to 5 year olds as se x education as a normal way of life. Read what the Bible has to say on Obama's unbiblical declaration. No Adultery

The bible is not a standard measurement for morality because the bible itself is filled with morally reprehensible acts carried out by the version of God the bible talks about and his alleged chosen men. . . .There are many injunctions that were issued out by the bible God that if you are to abide by them today you will be considered highly immoral. There are no moral absolutes, morality is not objective, it varies from place to place and changes or evolves with time. . . .Any standardized set of rules can be used to define actions or persons as "right" and "wrong," but does that really make them superior in any way to situational ethics? Some of the most ugly atrocities the world has ever seen were the result of standardized, concrete definitions of right and wrong. Christian orthodoxy = "right," witchcraft or homosexuality = "wrong," so according to you it's "right" to follow the bible's standardized "moral" admonition that "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live, or stone to death homosexuals" for example.

Christian and the Jews read the same Bible and believe in the same God (the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) the only difference is that we only share the same O. T. scriptures.  A lot of them are now Messiahnic Jews who believe the N. T. as well as Jesus as their Messiah, those who don't believe in Jesus as their Messiah now would soon believe as events begin to become clear to them in the future.

False, Christians and Jews DO NOT read the same bible or believe in the same God, go ask any Jew if he believe in a three in one God and he will tell you that he doesn't. . .Read the Old testament and you will see that Yahweh has no son, Jesus is NOT mentioned any where in the OT, The OT and NT Gods have nothing to do with each other, The OT God started out as a tribal, racist, warrior God of the Jewish tribe not the universal pacifist God of the new testament. . . .

Without the Jews we would not have the Bible we are reading today.  The Bible was written by Jews unless you have been deceived by those claiming that their church wrote it.  I know that Israel is now a secular state but can you deny that their biblical heritage has not robbed off on them, seeing how they converted a barren land into the fruit basket of the world, do you know about their irrigation system and how they specialise in cutting diamond?  If you study the percentage of scientist who invented things today a considerable number of them are Jews scattered all over the world, what do you think is responsible for this? Abraham's blessings.

I just want you to provide any objective evidence to show that any Jew wrote any part of the new testament. . . .All you have is what the church have assembled and provided to suite their mission. Church tradition dictated the names that were ascribe to the books of the NT. . . . . .The Japanese have also turned a barren Island into the 3rd biggest economy in the world ,no? That's to show you that they were also blessed by the Japanese God. . . .

Survival of the fittest is a secular humanist agenda to keep others under control.  It is what evolutionists use to eliminate those they seem to be the weakest link read up on it.

Kill the unbelievers and take over their land that is flowing with milk and honey is what is written in your bible, no? I see the deliberate elimination and stealing of the properties of other people who are weak, no?
 The Bible shows us the absolute morality that cannot be matched with your humanist ethics Your so called ethics would end when a theif decides to use his own ethic to steal your wallet and would want to see you claiming that stealing your wallet is not immoral and that it is relative.

Yeah absolute morality like telling parents to stone to death their disobedient children, Morality like telling people to stone each other to death for breaking trivial laws like picking sticks on a sabbath day, absolute morality that tells people to stone gays to death and kill witches, morality that tells you to, kill others and take their lands, no?. . . .Absolute morality indeed. . . .
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by mazaje(m): 1:45am On Jun 19, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

What do you see entrenched in the institutions in the U.S.? the 10 commandments. Go and read the constitution itself, it is awash with biblical principles.  This can be googled up if you so wish.

OK, lets have a look and see. . . .

1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me."

Huh. Why don't Americans observe Passover, the commemoration of YHWH bringing His People out of the Land of Egypt and the house of bondage? It seems to be pretty important to YHWH that He be associated with the Exodus, but it does not get any mentioning in the US constitution. Funny how that works.

2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them."

Wait just a minute here! This Commandment flat-out says that people are not to make any statues, pictures, or other art forms which depict nature. Americans follow this? Since when? Where does it appear in the US constitution?

" . . . For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments."

Good old YHWH, punishing the children and grandchildren and even great-grandchildren for the sins of their forefathers. Feel the love!. . .By the way in which part of the US constitution does this drivel appear?

3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

What does that even mean? I did not see this in any part of the US constitution, I'll be very glad if you can show it to me. . . .

4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it."

In what part of the US constitution does this appear?

5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you."

Hmmm where does this appear in the US constitution?. . . .

6 “You shall not murder."

But capital punishment is OK.

7 “You shall not commit adultery."

I didn't see this any where in the US constitution. . . .

8 “You shall not steal."

Good idea. I think most people are down with property rights. They didn't need YHWH to tell them that.

9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."

OK, I'll let this one pass. . . .

10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

I did not see this in the US constitution. . . .Coveting is the engine behind the capitalist system. And even the conservative Christians in the US are firmly on the side of capitalism. Because everyone know that sharing everything in common like those goddam commie bastards in Acts 2 is pure evil. . . . .
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 19, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

The way they are going they would soon legislate for paedophiles and bestiality. undecided
So long as the slogan 'in God we trust' is still proclaimed, it may be difficult to have a legislation in favour of the above.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:43am On Jun 19, 2010
toba:

So long as the slogan 'in God we trust' is still proclaimed, it may be difficult to have a legislation in favour of the above.

I don't trust them as long as long as they have people like Obama who are willing to change the landmark which the founding fathers have laid. If he can legislate in favour of the homosexuals what stops him from legislating that marriage between humans and animals since they believe that we are all animals?
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:44am On Jun 19, 2010
mazaje:

Which part of the US constitution says that the citizens should not have an God buy Yahweh? Where in the constitution of the US does it state that people should not take the name of Yahweh in vain or that they should not work on the sabbath? Every society knows that stealing and murder is wrong ,no?

Have you heard of blasphemy laws? Why do you think all nations on earth use the seven day week in their calenders and not eight or nine? Where do you think the idea came from if not from God's example laid down at the beginning of creation? How about those who have their own philosophy that stealing is right according to their own rules? If you want to make your own rules what them stops others from believing that stealing your wallet is wrong?

mazaje:

Most of the American founding fathers were deist, and deist believe in a creator God, no?

I am talking about those who believe in the Creator God and His Words (The Bible) or do you want to claim that they are atheists? They were not evolutionists they believed in the Infinite Creator of heaven and earth.

mazaje:

Go read about Abraham Lincoln from credible sources not from the website of a renowned conspiracy theorists(Kent Hovind) who is presently serving time in prison for fraud. . . .

For you information, the website was not from Kent Hovind and for you to say so means that you always get your facts wrong. Kent Hovind may be in prison but that does not detract from the truth that he preaches. He is in prison because of people like you and Obama who hate with a passion anything thing or person that is identified with God. Paul was in prison and he wrote about half of the N. T. which Christians read and believe today to the dismay of you skeptics.

mazaje:

The bible is not a standard measurement for morality because the bible itself is filled with morally reprehensible acts carried out by the version of God the bible talks about and his alleged chosen men. . . .There are many injunctions that were issued out by the bible God that if you are to abide by them today you will be considered highly immoral. There are no moral absolutes, morality is not objective, it varies from place to place and changes or evolves with time. . . .Any standardized set of rules can be used to define actions or persons as "right" and "wrong," but does that really make them superior in any way to situational ethics? Some of the most ugly atrocities the world has ever seen were the result of standardized, concrete definitions of right and wrong. Christian orthodoxy = "right," witchcraft or homosexuality = "wrong," so according to you it's "right" to follow the bible's standardized "moral" admonition that "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live, or stone to death homosexuals" for example.

The Bible reveals God's absolute standard of morality otherwise everyone will have to make up their own rules as I depicted in the cartoon posted earlier. If a theif decides that it is his rule to steal from you who are you to argue that he is not right? If you want to know about God's standand start by reading the decalogue and see how depraved the fallen human race are.

mazaje:

False, Christians and Jews DO NOT read the same bible or believe in the same God, go ask any Jew if he believe in a three in one God and he will tell you that he doesn't. . .Read the Old testament and you will see that Yahweh has no son, Jesus is NOT mentioned any where in the OT, The OT and NT Gods have nothing to do with each other, The OT God started out as a tribal, racist, warrior God of the Jewish tribe not the universal pacifist God of the new testament. . . .

I do not have to argue this with you since you neither read nor believe the Bible. The Jewish Torah and the Christian's O.T. are one and the same and as I opined before that the only difference is that the Jews have not come to the realisation of the fact that the N. T. is the revelation and fulfillment of the shadows and types in the O.T. They are still following the shadows, but as I said the N. T. was written by Jews who believed in Jesus Christ as their Messiah and as a result this truth has been revealed to the Gentiles the world over and you are still there kicking against the goads.

mazaje:

I just want you to provide any objective evidence to show that any Jew wrote any part of the new testament. . . .All you have is what the church have assembled and provided to suite their mission. Church tradition dictated the names that were ascribe to the books of the NT. . . . . .The Japanese have also turned a barren Island into the 3rd biggest economy in the world ,no? That's to show you that they were also blessed by the Japanese God. . . .

Why don't you show me a single evidence that proves that the apostles and disciples used in writing the N.T. are not Jews? As I said you have swallowed the lies of those who think that the RCC wrote the N.T. and since you have chosen to believe that lie there is little or nothing I can do to change your mind. Can you name one nation that got scattered and then came back together again as the Jewish prophets prophesied? This prophecy was partly fulfilled when Israel came back together in 1948 and if you read your history books well you will know what happened in 1967, if this part was fulfilled then the part where Israel will accept Jesus as their Messiah will surely happen after they realise that they have been duped by a gay world leader.

mazaje:

Kill the unbelievers and take over their land that is flowing with milk and honey is what is written in your bible, no? I see the deliberate elimination and stealing of the properties of other people who are weak, no?

It is the evolutionists that teach you guys that you are all animals who have to scratch your way to the top regardless of whose ox is gored. That is where you got your capitalism from, that is why such secular countries are now putting the third world countries on their knees hoping that you will control the population by so doing. Other means of population control is why they support the homosexual lifestle, teaching and sponsoring abortion and even teaching anal sexx to teenagers so as to prevent child pregnancy since it appears that your abortion campaign has not been successful.

mazaje:

Yeah absolute morality like telling parents to stone to death their disobedient children, Morality like telling people to stone each other to death for breaking trivial laws like picking sticks on a sabbath day, absolute morality that tells people to stone gays to death and kill witches, morality that tells you to, kill others and take their lands, no?. . . .Absolute morality indeed. . . .

You get absolute morality from the Bible and you will need the grace of God to meet the standard as no one can keep this high standard by themselves. That is why we should take advantage of cross of Jesus Christ where He shed His precious blood so that we can be forgiven and then receive diving impartation of the Holy Spirit to go and sin no more. Let me remind you here that the national flag of England is a red cross with a white background, the cross is the cross of Jesus Christ and the red typifies the blood of Jesus while the white background means forgiveness, that should tell you something about their Christian background, no?
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2010
mazaje:

OK, lets have a look and see. . . .

1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me."

Huh. Why don't Americans observe Passover, the commemoration of YHWH bringing His People out of the Land of Egypt and the house of bondage? It seems to be pretty important to YHWH that He be associated with the Exodus, but it does not get any mentioning in the US constitution. Funny how that works.

If you don't understand the King James English then let me spell it out for you in the American street language. "I'm God. Don't play me."

mazaje:

2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them."

Wait just minute here! This Commandment flat-out says that people are not to make any statues, pictures, or other art forms which depict nature. Americans follow this? Since when? Where does it appear in the US constitution?

How do you read, did you read the last few words you quoted? Permit me to say it in a language clear to you: Don't be makin no hood ornaments and charms out of me, or like me.

mazaje:

" . . . For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments."

Good old YHWH, punishing the children and grandchildren and even great-grandchildren for the sins of their forefathers. Feel the love!. . .By the way in which part of the US constitution does this drivel appear?

Why don't you tell that to the children suffering from the AIDS epidemic due to the adventures of their parents who were exploiting the so called freedom that you glory in?

mazaje:

3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

What does that even mean? I did not see this in any part of the US constitution, I'll be very glad if you can show it to me. . . .

Don't be callin' me for no reason.

I don't think that you know anything about blasphemy laws. Why do you think people react negatively when they swear or cuss their momma out?

mazaje:

4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it."

In what part of the US constitution does this appear?

Y'all betta be in church on Sunday, and not just the Sundays when it's Mother's day, Easter and Christmas

Do you realise that the Sabbath day, the day of rest is the seventh day of the week? Tell me where we got the idea of the use of a 7 day week and not 8, 9 or a 10 day week?

mazaje:

5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you."

Hmmm where does this appear in the US constitution?. . . .

Don't Diss or cuss out yo momma, and if you know who ya daddy is, don't Diss him neither.

If you want to live long observe this one.

mazaje:

[i]
6 “You shall not murder."

But capital punishment is OK.

Don't be goin' on no drive bys.

I hope you heard of capital punishment in the news recently by firing squad. If they kept this law there would be more respect for human life unlike it is today.

mazaje:

[i]7 “You shall not commit adultery."

I didn't see this any where in the US constitution. . . .

How will you see it? If Obama and Clinton saw it they would have known better. So, Stick to ya own Boo.

mazaje:

[i]8 “You shall not steal."

Good idea. I think most people are down with property rights. They didn't need YHWH to tell them that.

Don't be borrow'n stuff and don't give it back.

I still need you to tell me how you will feel when someone feels that taking your money is his own rule of morality.

mazaje:

[i]9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."

OK, I'll let this one pass. . . .

No, you cannot get away with this: Don't be snitchin' on the otha' man to save your behind.

mazaje:

[i]10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

I did not see this in the US constitution. . . .Coveting is the engine behind the capitalist system. And even the conservative Christians in the US are firmly on the side of capitalism. Because everyone know that sharing everything in common like those goddam commie bastards in Acts 2 is pure evil. . . . .

There is no long story there, Don't be eyein' (skeeming) yo homie's crib, ride, woman, or nuffin.

Capitalism is as a result of your belief in evolutionism which is saying we are animals that need to scratch their way to the top. This is what you see happening in the so called super powers of the world who think that they can fight and stay at the top at the expense of the downtrodded. Christians who shared among themselves would rather share the wealth to the underprivileged so that food can go round instead of dumping the excess in the ocean so as to keep up to their status quo.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2010
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by mazaje(m): 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Have you heard of blasphemy laws?  Why do you think all nations on earth use the seven day week in their calenders and not eight or nine?  Where do you think the idea came from if not from God's example laid down at the beginning of creation?  How about those who have their own philosophy that stealing is right according to their own rules?  If you want to make your own rules what them stops others from believing that stealing your wallet is wrong?

You are running out of gas my friend. . . .Where in the US constitution does the blasphemy law appear?. . . .Stealing is wrong because it affects every society negatively, there are societies where people have never heard about the version of your God yet they still know that stealing is wrong, no?. . . .

For you information, the website was not from Kent Hovind and for you to say so means that you always get your facts wrong.  Kent Hovind may be in prison but that does not detract from the truth that he preaches.  He is in prison because of people like you and Obama who hate with a passion anything thing or person that is identified with God.  Paul was in prison and he wrote about half of the N. T. which Christians read and believe today to the dismay of you skeptics.

Kent Hovind is a prison because he is a fraud. . . . .

The Bible reveals God's absolute standard of morality otherwise everyone will have to make up their own rules as I depicted in the cartoon posted earlier.  If a theif decides that it is his rule to steal from you who are you to argue that he is not right?  If you want to know about God's standand start by reading the decalogue and see how depraved the fallen human race are.

Every body makes his or her own standard of morality, societies decide what is moral and what is not, not Gods. . . .You can not drink freely in Saudi Arabia because the society frowns at such, you can drink in freely in lagos, child marriage is allowed in some parts of the middle east but not in other parts of the world, people are allowed to marry up to 4 wives in some parts of the world but not in others, capital punishment is allowed in some parts of the world but not in others etc. . .Societies determine what is moral and what isn't not imaginary Gods. . . .People set down their moral laws and ascribe to their imaginary laws, a quick look at the bible shows you that as the morality of the people changed so also did the morality of their God, their God started out as a malevolent, racist, blood thirsty tribal deity who was the God of the Jews alone and commanded them to do crazy things like stone to death their disobedient children or kill others that worship other Gods. . .As their morality improved so did that of their God. . . .

I do not have to argue this with you since you neither read nor believe the Bible.  The Jewish Torah and the Christian's O.T. are one and the same and as I opined before that the only difference is that the Jews have not come to the realisation of the fact that the N. T. is the revelation and fulfillment of the shadows and types in the O.T.  They are still following the shadows, but as I said the N. T. was written by Jews who believed in Jesus Christ as their Messiah and as a result this truth has been revealed to the Gentiles the world over and you are still there kicking against the goads.

The God of the OT is NOT the same God as that of the NT. . . .Jews do NOT believe in Jesus and do NOT believe in the Christian trinity God. . . .They believe in Yahweh who does NOT have a son and is not a 3 in one God. . . . . Christianity just like Islam is an offshoot of Judaism. . . .

Why don't you show me a single evidence that proves that the apostles and disciples used in writing the N.T. are not Jews?  As I said you have swallowed the lies of those who think that the RCC wrote the N.T. and since you have chosen to believe that lie there is little or nothing I can do to change your mind.  Can you name one nation that got scattered and then came back together again as the Jewish prophets prophesied?  This prophecy was partly fulfilled when Israel came back together in 1948 and if you read your history books well you will know what happened in 1967, if this part was fulfilled then the part where Israel will accept Jesus as their Messiah will surely happen after they realise that they have been duped by a gay world leader.

Your onjective evidence to show that Matthew wrote the book of Matthew? Where in the text does it say that the authors name is Matthew?

It is the evolutionists that teach you guys that you are all animals who have to scratch your way to the top regardless of whose ox is gored.  That is where you got your capitalism from, that is why such secular countries are now putting the third world countries on their knees hoping that you will control the population by so doing.  Other means of population control is why they support the homosexual lifestle, teaching and sponsoring abortion and even teaching anal sexx to teenagers so as to prevent child pregnancy since it appears that your abortion campaign has not been successful.

Are you out of gas or something? Did you read the bible where your God told his chosen men to commit genocide, obliterate other people and steal their land and possessions including virgins?

You get absolute morality from the Bible and you will need the grace of God to meet the standard as no one can keep this high standard by themselves.  That is why we should take advantage of cross of Jesus Christ where He shed His precious blood so that we can be forgiven and then receive diving impartation of the Holy Spirit to go and sin no more.  Let me remind you here that the national flag of England is a red cross with a white background, the cross is the cross of Jesus Christ and the red typifies the blood of Jesus while the white background means forgiveness, that should tell you something about their Christian background, no?

Morality is not absolute, Morality varies from place to place and is always evolving. . . . Absolute morality does not exist any where in the world. . .What might be moral to you might be immoral to me. . ,
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:16pm On Jun 19, 2010
mazaje:

You are running out of gas my friend. . . .Where in the US constitution does the blasphemy law appear?. . . .Stealing is wrong because it affects every society negatively, there are societies where people have never heard about the version of your God yet they still know that stealing is wrong, no?. . . .

God who created us has hardwired His moral laws in our consciences and in that way those who are without the law can still do the things that are in the law, it is because folks have tried to silence their consciences with the opinions of sinful godless men thinking that they will feel good by stiffling the alarm bell ringing in them.  The conscience is the police man alerting you of what is right and wrong.

mazaje:

Kent Hovind is a prison because he is a fraud. . . . .

It's no big deal that Kent Hovind is now in prison, did the Pharisees not accuse Jesus falsely and crucify Him, was Peter, Paul and the rest of the apostles and disciples not incarcerated by people who hated God the way you atheists do?  The fact that Mandela (who is not even a Christian) got imprisoned for 27 years does not make what he stood for of no relevance.  God permitted Kent Hovind to go to prison and whether for himself or for the inmates sake God's purpose will surely be fulfilled.  The way you atheists such as Obama and Cameron are going you will soon see uncompromising Christians imprisoned for preaching against sin and this is in preparation for the man of sin who is said to be an homosexual.

mazaje:

Every body makes his or her own standard of morality, societies decide what is moral and what is not, not Gods. . . .You can not drink freely in Saudi Arabia because the society frowns at such, you can drink in freely in lagos, child marriage is allowed in some parts of the middle east but not in other parts of the world, people are allowed to marry up to 4 wives in some parts of the world but not in others, capital punishment is allowed in some parts of the world but not in others etc. . .Societies determine what is moral and what isn't not imaginary Gods. . . .People set down their moral laws and ascribe to their imaginary laws, a quick look at the bible shows you that as the morality of the people changed so also did the morality of their God, their God started out as a malevolent, racist, blood thirsty tribal deity who was the God of the Jews alone and commanded them to do crazy things like stone to death their disobedient children or kill others that worship other Gods. . .As their morality improved so did that of their God. . . .

Regardless of how you choose to silence your conscience and close your eyes to the decalogue you will still have to face the Judge who created you.  God who created heaven and earth as seen in the book of Genesis is the same Judge who will judge those who have rejected His grace in the N.T.  God is love and also a righteous Judge.

mazaje:

The God of the OT is NOT the same God as that of the NT. . . .Jews do NOT believe in Jesus and do NOT believe in the Christian trinity God. . . .They believe in Yahweh who does NOT have a son and is not a 3 in one God. . . . . Christianity just like Islam is an offshoot of Judaism. . . .

The God of the N.T. is the same as the God of the O.T.  The Bible says that He never changes.  He is just as merciful in the O.T. as He is in the N.T.  He killed a husband and wife in the book of Acts, simply because they told one lie.  Jesus warned that He was to be feared because He has the power to cast the body and soul into hell.  Read more of the dreadful judgments of the N.T's Book of Revelation.  The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.  If you repent God, will forgive and grant you eternal life in heaven with Him.

mazaje:

Your onjective evidence to show that Matthew wrote the book of Matthew? Where in the text does it say that the authors name is Matthew?

It is obvious that the title Matthew was taken from the book's author who possibly wrote in Antioch sometime between A.D. 50 and 70.  For your information Matthew was a Jewish tax collector for the Roman government before he was called by Jesus to become one of the 12 apostles.  His gospel often gives an eye-witness account of his testimony.  While skeptics like you point to the different genealogies of Jesus as "errors" Matthew gave the paternal genealogy while Luke gave His maternal genealogy.  Only if you had taken your time to read the contents of the gospels and not just the titles you would have been in a position to know what you are talking about when it comes to the "authors" of the gospels.

mazaje:

Are you out of gas or something? Did you read the bible where your God told his chosen men to commit genocide, obliterate other people and steal their land and possessions including virgins?

The most fearful display of God's wrath is seen in the cross of Jesus Christ, which I told you of earlier, I mean the national flag of England, the St Georges sign which depicts where God's fury came on the Messiah that it seems God enshrouded the face of Jesus in darkness so that creation couldn't gaze upon His unspeakable agony.  Whether you like am whether you no like am the thing be say God is a consuming fire of holiness (Read Hebrews 12:29 The Evidence Bible).

mazaje:

Morality is not absolute, Morality varies from place to place and is always evolving. . . . Absolute morality does not exist any where in the world. . .What might be moral to you might be immoral to me. . ,

It is your choice either to believe the fallible opinions of sinful men or the infallible Word of God.  Once again take a look at the cartoon of the fish that had different set of rules to the other and look at what happened to it.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by CHARLOE(m): 9:01am On Jun 20, 2010
@ Thehomer & mazaje, from ur vocal support and defense of this despicable, unnatural act, i deduce u are gays! Feel free to come out of d closet afterall this is d 'faceless' internet.
No matter what anybody says, no matter how u try to bend nature in an attempt to get support (from animals) 4 ur abominable act , what u do remains a misnomer, unnatural, sick & abominable!
If u're reading this and u'r gay, listen, don't let anyone decieve u, deep down in ur heart u know it just ain't right! u know it's not natural. Now here's d bad news- God hates it with a passion, why, cos it goes against His original plan (procreation). For this reason, He destroyed d cities of sodom (where they got d word sodomy) & gomorah with fire! (If u don't believe in God pls look at nature critically and decide within ur heart if He exist or not.)
As for Obama, what do u expect from a liberal? They accomodate just anything in an attempt to please everyone, but that doesn't make them right all d time.
I percieve very soon some crazy pple will start fighting for their right to marry animals they sleep with them already Disgusting? that's where all this is leading to, that's why we must not allow d voice of a few drown d voice of d majority. dis na 1 of d few reasons i still luv ma naija
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by CHARLOE(m): 9:24am On Jun 20, 2010
Posted by: OLAADEGBU
Insert Quote
Quote from: mazaje on Yesterday at 02:02:20 PM

God who created us has hardwired His moral laws in our consciences and in that way those who are without the law can still do the things that are in the law, it is because folks have tried to silence their consciences with the opinions of sinful godless men thinking that they will feel good by stiffling the alarm bell ringing in them.  The conscience is the police man alerting you between what is right and wrong.
  @ olaadegbu, God bless u man, keep telling them d truth.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by thehomer: 10:04am On Jun 20, 2010
CHARLOE:

@ Thehomer & mazaje, from your vocal support and defense of this despicable, unnatural act, i deduce u are gays! Feel free to come out of d closet afterall this is d 'faceless' internet.

People like you are really baffling. So someone in support of equal rights for all people must belong to the group they support? Well I might as well tell you that I also support Women's Rights, Animal Conservation and Biodiversity, while being against slavery.
So what do you deduce from this? That I'm a woman, an animal and a slave?

CHARLOE:

No matter what anybody says, no matter how u try to bend nature in an attempt to get support (from animals) 4 your abominable act , what u do remains a misnomer, unnatural, sick & abominable!

What do you mean by misnomer? How is it unnatural, sick or abominable? Homosexuals are as healthy as any other group of people. The fact that you are willing to use your religious affiliation to suppress them shows just how backward you really want to be. So if you're given a chance, will you go about murdering homosexuals? Because that is what you Bible recommends. Also, if you cannot keep that commandment, why should you be considered a Christian?

CHARLOE:

If u're reading this and u'r gay, listen, don't let anyone decieve u, deep down in your heart u know it just ain't right! u know it's not natural.
Now here's d bad news- God hates it with a passion, why, cos it goes against His original plan (procreation). For this reason, He destroyed d cities of sodom (where they got d word sodomy) & gomorah with fire! (If u don't believe in God pls look at nature critically and decide within your heart if He exist or not.)

You're trying to force your opinion on God. If it is against his original plan, then why has he given these people such urges? I don't think that you would feel attracted to other people of the same sex. Understand that the way you feel towards the opposite sex is the way they feel towards people of the same sex.
Also, I wonder why God has decided to make some people sterile and others with various anomalies of their reproductive system.

CHARLOE:

As for Obama, what do u expect from a liberal? They accomodate just anything in an attempt to please everyone, but that doesn't make them right all d time.

So I guess you feel it is ok to discriminate against other humans because they do not feel the same way about your religious opinions.

CHARLOE:

I percieve very soon some crazy pple will start fighting for their right to marry animals they sleep with them already Disgusting? that's where all this is leading to, that's why we must not allow d voice of a few drown d voice of d majority. dis na 1 of d few reasons i still luv ma naija

So do you think that a majority supporting an action makes it right? I hope you realize that at one time, the majority of opinions was that blacks were inferior and that slavery and genocide was acceptable.
I guess it's because of people like you that people tend to dislike your type of religious practitioner. You keep trying to use it as a basis for oppressing and controlling other people's lives.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by MadMax1(f): 11:22am On Jun 20, 2010
Deists arrive at their knowledge of God by pure reason, and don't accept the supernatural or miraculous as any kind of evidence. They believe God set up the laws that made and guide the universe and then retreated from it all. They aren't atheists because the word happens to rhyme with 'atheist'. There have always been atheists, even in the mythology rich and deeply superstitious ancient Greece of thousands of years ago. That great men believed in God from pure logic and reason alone, while atheists would claim 'reason' and 'rationality' as their exclusive property, does not make atheists their religious brothers in arms.  Bottomline: Deists believe in God, which meant America's founding fathers believed in God. But they weren't st.upid men and did not seek to impose religion on secular affairs that involved others that didn't share their beliefs. They kept their religion out of their politics, as the best political leaders do. 

Would it that the atheists who committed horrific atrocities, the mass murder of millions and forced  renounciations of God in mental hospitals in the name of eradicating religion and imposing atheism and communism had learnt from them. Mao may have killed as many as a 100 million of his countrymen in his pursuit of atheist communist utopia. Stalin didn't even bother with rhetoric, he just murdered non-atheists by the hundreds  of thousands and threw them in mass graves. One grave found in 1989 in mines near Chelyabinsk yielded the remains of 300,000 people. A grave in Volhynia found in October 1997 holds 15,000 bodies. Children were told in school to report any action that suggested a parent was religious. It was illegal to preach religion. All children were taught only atheism. Churches and temples were torn down or turned into stables or dance halls or museums. All books about religion were banned or burned. But never mind, atheism is inherently 'moral', 'rational', 'tolerant', 'superior' and 'humane'. Absolute nonsense. Atheism is a belief like any other, with its zealots and intolerants and psychopaths like any other, with its history of mass murderers and forced religious conversions like any other.

But the religious mindset that believes others must walk, talk and believe as he/she does, or such people are 'demonic'/ 'hellbound' is just disgraceful. Holier than thou religious police, Christ sees into all hearts and knows our motivations. He knows his own across all religions and all creeds, all of which are man-made any way. You'll get a shock when you find more humane and mankind-loving agnostics, atheists, buddhists and other non-Christians in heaven with God than the smug, intolerant, hate-propagating, self-righteous lot who think playing God and giving other people grief is what gets them there.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:17pm On Jun 20, 2010
Mad_Max:

But the religious mindset that believes others must walk, talk and believe as he/she does, or such people are 'demonic'/ 'hellbound' is just disgraceful. Holier than thou religious police, Christ sees into all hearts and knows our motivations. He knows his own across all religions and all creeds, all of which are man-made any way. You'll get a shock when you find more humane and mankind-loving agnostics, atheists, buddhists and other non-Christians in heaven with God than smug, intolerant, hate-propagating, self-righteous, divisive empty vessels who think playing God and giving other people grief is what gets them there.

This is where I disagree with you, there is no way non-christians are going into christian heaven, its either heaven is there for christians to go into or its not, I dont think there is any sort of lee way in between.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by MadMax1(f): 12:29pm On Jun 20, 2010
There isn't a 'Christian heaven' anymore than there is a 'Chrisbenogor heaven'. Even if Chrisbenogor believes in his heaven very hard for several minutes a day and is certain all those who don't have 'Chris' in their names are going to 'Chrisbenogor hell'. What's true for some may not be true for others, but what's true for God remains true always, and it's what has always counted, not our ideas of 'rational' atheism or our exclusive religious clubs.  It's a perfectly free world though, so everyone's free to think as he wishes. Just don't impose your beliefs and wishes on others, or cause them heartache because you want to play God and model all men in your own religious or non-religious image.
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:02pm On Jun 20, 2010
It just does not make sense to me, simple
Re: Obama's Unbiblical Declaration by Jenwitemi(m): 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2010
Mad_Max:

There isn't a 'Christian heaven' anymore than there is a 'Chrisbenogor heaven'. Even if Chrisbenogor believes in his heaven very hard for several minutes a day and is certain all those who don't have 'Chris' in their names are going to 'Chrisbenogor hell'. What's true for some may not be true for others, but what's true for God remains true always, and it's what has always counted, not our ideas of 'rational' atheism or our exclusive religious clubs.  It's a perfectly free world though, so everyone's free to think as he wishes. Just don't impose your beliefs and wishes on others, or cause them heartache because you want to play God and model all men in your own religious or non-religious image.

Excellently formulated post, mad_max.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pastor Paul Enenche Holds Crusade In Zambia, Meets V/president Mutale Nalumang / Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi / Sex Scandal: I Stand By All My Claims, Stephanie Otobo blasts Apostle Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 302
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.