Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,894 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? (1516 Views)

How Can You Convince Atheists/agnostics That Your God Exist / Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by calculator123(m): 8:26am On Jul 14, 2018
VivaLaFrans:
If this is the end of this discussion, then I win. Please acknowledge that Jesus Christ came to earth for all mankind
One question for you, if God knows the beginning even before it began and knows the end even before it ends, why did he allow so many religion in this world knowing fully well that you would practise the religion of your parents a.k.a indoctrination. Why allow us go through so much stress to decipher the one through God ? How did sin even enter this earth sef,if you are christian you would mostly say stan,biko who created satan? why why why.
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by VivaLaFrans: 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2018
calculator123:

One question for you, if God knows the beginning even before it began and knows the end even before it ends, why did he allow so many religion in this world knowing fully well that you would practise the religion of your parents a.k.a indoctrination. Why allow us go through so much stress to decipher the one through God ? How did sin even enter this earth sef,if you are christian you would mostly say stan,biko who created satan? why why why.
You sound like a Yoruba guy in Netherlands, a transgender who cursed and called God all sorts of names... Well brother I want you to know that God is loving and also a disciplining God.... He created you and has the power to seize your breath and also your soul, which is very rare with him because his love is much more than his wrath... If you cannot call you earthly father an evil man, then don't call your creator evil.... If he decide to chase you who will you run to for help...
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by GodSon34(m): 9:12pm On Jul 17, 2018
Firstly I don’t call the Supreme Being or deity God anymore. HIS name is El..El Elyon (Most High). El is a Negro when in human form. When not in human form, El is Spirit and Spirit is Consciousness. Every human has a Spirit and a soul. Adam represents the Spirit and Eve represents the Soul. The soul and spirit exist within the Mind of man. We know the Spirit or Consciousness exists because we have a conscience. That quiet voice that opposes the Soul (free spirit). If you ever had an accident, near accident or near death experience or even been spooked by someone, your Spirit gets perturbed. You know this. When we marry or unite our Soul and Spirit, we become One with the Spirit or Consciousness. That is one with El/God.
Martinez19:
We atheists don't believe in god because there are no evidences to believe in god. Not just that, religions and other world mysticisms are flawed, have no basis in reality and can't survive scrutiny. However, we are ready to have a change of heart if and only if there is proof. Let me speak for myself, how can I be convinced? Simple, you simply have to do the following:

1) DESCRIPTION OF YOUR GOD: there must be a description of your god. If available to you, rely his attributes and other details. For christians that would be your bible, for muslims that would be the q'uran etc. From there we can know the god you are talking about.

Before I go on to the next and final step, I would like chip in something. there are two kinds(as I classified them) of proof, here are want I call them:
a) evidence based proof : here, a material proves a claim.
b) non-evidenced based/logic sufficient proof : here, sound logic and reasoning is just sufficient to prove a claim eg. "I know my grandfather existed because I exist", "every living human had a grandmother" etc. No material is needed. Here we go cheesy

2) PROVE YOUR CLAIM : to convince me, you must do the following completely:
a) provide a sound, unshakeable and irrefutable logical pathway that leads from my observable reality to the conclusion of your god ie. in what way can I logically infer, from my observable reality, that your god exists. This inference/pathway must be both logically sufficient and evidence based. Come to think of it, this is what scientific proof is all about. If you or your god can't do this, I have no because believing in your idea of god. wink

A summary of both steps: you tell me your idea of god then WHY you believe in his existence. You reason for believing in must satisfy the conditions in step 2 for me to become a believer like you or else I remain an atheist.
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by Martinez19(m): 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2018
GodSon34:
Firstly I don’t call the Supreme Being or deity God anymore. HIS name is El..El Elyon (Most High). El is a Negro when in human form. When not in human form, El is Spirit and Spirit is Consciousness. Every human has a Spirit and a soul. Adam represents the Spirit and Eve represents the Soul. The soul and spirit exist within the Mind of man. We know the Spirit or Consciousness exists because we have a conscience. That quiet voice that opposes the Soul (free spirit). If you ever had an accident, near accident or near death experience or even been spooked by someone, your Spirit gets perturbed. You know this. When we marry or unite our Soul and Spirit, we become One with the Spirit or Consciousness. That is one with El/God.

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by GodSon34(m): 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2018
The Light shines in the darkness but the darkness comprehended it not!
Martinez19:
Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 18, 2018
Martinez19:
We atheists don't believe in god because there are no evidences to believe in god. Not just that, religions and other world mysticisms are flawed, have no basis in reality and can't survive scrutiny. However, we are ready to have a change of heart if and only if there is proof. Let me speak for myself, how can I be convinced? Simple, you simply have to do the following:

1) DESCRIPTION OF YOUR GOD: there must be a description of your god. If available to you, rely his attributes and other details. For christians that would be your bible, for muslims that would be the q'uran etc. From there we can know the god you are talking about.

Before I go on to the next and final step, I would like chip in something. there are two kinds(as I classified them) of proof, here are want I call them:
a) evidence based proof : here, a material proves a claim.
b) non-evidenced based/logic sufficient proof : here, sound logic and reasoning is just sufficient to prove a claim eg. "I know my grandfather existed because I exist", "every living human had a grandmother" etc. No material is needed. Here we go cheesy

2) PROVE YOUR CLAIM : to convince me, you must do the following completely:
a) provide a sound, unshakeable and irrefutable logical pathway that leads from my observable reality to the conclusion of your god ie. in what way can I logically infer, from my observable reality, that your god exists. This inference/pathway must be both logically sufficient and evidence based. Come to think of it, this is what scientific proof is all about. If you or your god can't do this, I have no because believing in your idea of god. wink

A summary of both steps: you tell me your idea of god then WHY you believe in his existence. You reason for believing in must satisfy the conditions in step 2 for me to become a believer like you or else I remain an atheist.
No one needs to be convinced about the existence of the blackholes,gravity and other UNSEEN forces because their presence can be EASILY felt!

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by akeensbussy(m): 12:18am On Jul 19, 2018
Religion is a Scam....
The bible says men fall into sin when Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit....Anybody born after that were born sinners.
Why is it that when Jesus Christ was crucify for the sin men, anybody born after that were not saint? if the death of Jesus Christ is for remission of sin..then automatically, everybody on earth today should be saint... not sinner again.
if all of us are still born sinner, what it is the purpose of the death of Jesus to appeal God?
Religion is a scam indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 19, 2018
akeensbussy:
Religion is a Scam....
The bible says men fall into sin when Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit....Anybody born after that were born sinners.
Why is it that when Jesus Christ was crucify for the sin men, anybody born after that were not saint? if the death of Jesus Christ is for remission of sin..then automatically, everybody on earth today should be saint... not sinner again.
if all of us are still born sinner, what it is the purpose of the death of Jesus to appeal God?
Religion is a scam indeed.
You have been misinformed just like billions of earth's inhabitants,think about what an indian said after a CAREFUL study of the life and ministry of Jesus. Surely it's either impatience or credulity that's your problem!

(1) (2) (Reply)

GOD hears our thoughts, are you still aware? / Today's Tonic / Is Christianity And Islam Against Men Weaving And Braiding Their Hair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.