Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

"Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) (32213 Views)

Gynaecologist Warns Women Not To Remove Their Pubic Hair / Cancer Prevention: Breastfeed Your Babies Not Men – Expert Warns Women / Stop Squeezing Your Woman's Breasts: Medical Doctor Warns Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by cococandy(f): 10:05pm On Jul 12, 2018
More like a promiscuous man makes himself a carrier to infect women

Because a faithful woman can get it from a man who is sleeping around. I’m surprised you don’t see it that way.

The penis is the organ that is carrying the disease around. A woman can stay with only one man yet get it from that man if he is philandering.

joeGH:
Bros the whole idea has to do with promiscuity (sexual intercourse with several women)...the organism responsible for Cervical cancer is the human papilloma virus (HPV) which is easily transfered from one infected female to the the other by a single promiscuous male partner through intercourse with both female .. So the male therefore becomes the career of the virus from the infected n therefore positive female to the negative female after sex...Therefore any promiscuous female makes herself liable to getting infected with the cervical cancer-causing organism.

1 Like

Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by Henitan24(f): 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2018
mimimile93:
NwanyiAwkaetiti oyindidi Henitan24

I think this thread will be important to y'all..

If I knock your head, my hand will enter your skull cheesy. i don't have multiple sexual partners ok. How are you?
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by Amazonboss(f): 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2018
*nd married gf like us who maintains one one but oga maintains 700 nko?

It's well

Reminds sef will go for my Hepatitis B vaccine as I missed the last one
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by mimimile93: 10:18pm On Jul 12, 2018
Henitan24:

If I knock your head, my hand will enter your skull cheesy. i don't have multiple sexual partners ok. How are you?

I'm fine.

I called you to come and learn something you today..

I didn't say you have multiple sexual partners..

Besides you are a virgin naa
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by Henitan24(f): 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
mimimile93:

I'm fine.

I called you to come and learn something you today..

I didn't say you have multiple sexual partners..

Besides you are a virgin naa

I'm not though not proud of that but can't lie. Thanks dearie for wanting me to learn cheesy
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by mimimile93: 10:27pm On Jul 12, 2018
Henitan24:

I'm not though not proud of that but can't lie. Thanks dearie for wanting me to learn cheesy

Always be proud.

Or were you raped?

Did you give it out willingly?
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by Henitan24(f): 10:30pm On Jul 12, 2018
mimimile93:

Always be proud.

Or were you raped?

Did you give it out willingly?

Yes I did willingly but pls no more question regards to that here. You should know my reason. I'm sorry
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by OttHin: 10:33pm On Jul 12, 2018
MorataFC:
Se this one na doctor or yahoo boy? cool cheesy tongue
TheICannotReadGang.
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by mimimile93: 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2018
Henitan24:

Yes I did willingly but pls no more question regards to that here. You should know my reason. I'm sorry

Your man is on nairaland..

Sorry I've forgotten.
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by joeGH: 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2018
cococandy:
More like a promiscuous man makes himself a carrier to infect women

Because a faithful woman can get it from a man who is sleeping around. I’m surprised you don’t see it that way.

The penis is the organ that is carrying the disease around. A woman can stay with only one man yet get it from that man if he is philandering.

I get ur point.. But the thing is the HPV has affinity for the female cervix as males do not av cervix.. For a man to be carrying it around means he should av picked it up from an already infected female through sex.. Therefore an uninfected female can pick it up from a promiscuous male partner even if she is not promiscuous herself...The point to note is that the female cervix is the primary reservoir among the human population.
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:54pm On Jul 12, 2018
Having multiple sex partners and having just one sex partner that fvcks multiple times, what's the difference?

1 Like

Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 12, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

Even with protection ? Lol

Nah, he is referring to raw discharges not condoms
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 12, 2018
Amarabae:
He didn't explain how, he just want attention.
Why only women?
The only cancer risk in sex for women is getting infected by HPV virus.
It increases the chance of cervical cancer in women.
I guess that's what he is driving at, I did my seminar topic on HPV, there are now some mad strains of HPV and not really established but they find out that some HPV strains affects females or show symptoms in females. A male can have it with no visible symptoms but it is aggressive in females.

Unprotected sex should never be encouraged + when one is getting married, its better to do HPV, Hepatitis and HSV test while doing HIV test also, this diseases are really life threatening than HIV itself.

The HPV that causes Wart can be transfered if touched by a broken skin, and there is no way a lady will have sex with no vagina bruises, so if a man has it and have unprotected sex with a lady, there is no way the lady won't catch it.
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 12, 2018
joeGH:
I get ur point.. But the thing is the HPV has affinity for the female cervix as males do not av cervix.. For a man to be carrying it around means he should av picked it up from an already infected female through sex.. Therefore an uninfected female can pick it up from a promiscuous male partner even if she is not promiscuous herself...The point to note is that the female cervix is the primary reservoir among the human population.
The thing is HPV affect people differently, it can cause a growth like tumor on any part of the body, its in the blood, some people have HPV but won't have symptoms (A tissue like growth) called Wart, which they could even have but won't know, it might be in their back but symptoms are more visible in women, like in the cervix of women.

it can be passed from person to person through sexual contacts, contacts with blood, the Wart or out growth is just symptoms.

The wart can also transfer infection too if touched by any part of a broken skin
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by mikidon(m): 11:48pm On Jul 12, 2018
you wan spoil some people source of income

For hilarious comedy videos check my YouTube channel @edofunniest comedy and watch two latest video that will crack your ribs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8V3_oTlX4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_GA3sg1sMs
If you like my videos subscribe to my channel
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 13, 2018
mimimile93:
NwanyiAwkaetiti oyindidi Henitan24

I think this thread will be important to y'all..

All d prostitutes don get cancer be that
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by mimimile93: 12:08am On Jul 13, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
All d prostitutes don get cancer be that

Na u know that one o..
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by donqx: 12:45am On Jul 13, 2018
hmm
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by obowunmi(m): 1:09am On Jul 13, 2018
cococandy:

Men can get genital warts, cancer of the penis or anus from HPV too. It’s just more common in women.

Thanks for this.

1 Like

Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by cococandy(f): 1:28am On Jul 13, 2018
joeGH:
and the male peniss is the transporter. So everyone should be careful not only women
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by cococandy(f): 1:30am On Jul 13, 2018
obowunmi:

Thanks for this.

You’re welcome.

If you’re interested in detailed information about it, visit the CDC website. It’s a reliable USA government health website that carries factual health information for the public. And it’s not based on political or religious affinities.

2 Likes

Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by obowunmi(m): 2:09am On Jul 13, 2018
cococandy:

You’re welcome.

If you’re interested in detailed information about it, visit the CDC website. It’s a reliable USA government health website that carries factual health information for the public. And it’s not based on political or religious affinities.

Na wa...you are fine ooo
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by obowunmi(m): 2:11am On Jul 13, 2018
cococandy:
and the male peniss is the transporter. So everyone should be careful not only women

You even get it with a condom on. So condoms don't protect you.

But then they have HPV vaccines. I wonder how effective they are.
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by cococandy(f): 3:45am On Jul 13, 2018
obowunmi:

You even get it with a condom on. So condoms don't protect you.

But then they have HPV vaccines. I wonder how effective they are.

Condoms do some protection. Not 100%

Herpes is the one that condoms don’t matter at all if you use it or not.

Yes the vaccine is the best choice. It’s highly recommended right now for girls 9-26 years. (For boys up to 11- 21 years). I don’t even know why I didn’t get it when I should have. Too late now.
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by cococandy(f): 3:46am On Jul 13, 2018
obowunmi:

Na wa...you are fine ooo

Yes I am smiley . Thank you

2 Likes

Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by ademijuwonlo(f): 4:14am On Jul 13, 2018
Babiboy:

Only women, during penetration nothing goes inside the man

While researching the topic, I came across a website that a claim a woman’s uterus is like a computer that stores the code of men she mates with. Each sperm or man carries a unique code. When the computer is infested with many codes, they become virus like and infect the whole computer. This is why all prostitutes will eventually suffer from cervical cancer.

According to research, Females' bodies tend to store/absorb the DNA of the multiple partners they have had and can even make the child they have for their husbands to have genetic make up or look like the ex-partners they have been with before their husbands.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16084184/
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by ademijuwonlo(f): 4:27am On Jul 13, 2018
eyinjuege:
Multiple sexual partner also includes being married to a man or being in a relationship with a man who has had many sexual partners. That's why as a young girl or boy, always ensure you use protection
It is the HPV virus being transmitted that causes it.
Meanwhile, we have the gardasil vaccine for the young girls from age 11 or so. Please ensure your children are vaccinated.
Also remember to vaccinate your boys, as they are also at risk of having hpv infection from sexual encounters.
Certain HPV strains have been linked to various cancers and not just cervical cancer
The vaccine itself has it own challenges and it efficacy is not 100%. I ll advocate for A for abstinence for singles, B for Be faithful for married folks and C for Condom use for people who can't help it.
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by ademijuwonlo(f): 5:00am On Jul 13, 2018
The human papillomavirus(HPV) is the main cause of cervical cancer. HPV is a common virus that is passed from one person to another during sex. Most sexually active people will have HPV at some point in their lives, but few women will get cervical cancer.
Cervical cancer begins with abnormal changes in the cervical tissue. The risk of developing these abnormal changes have been linked to infection with human papillomavirus (HPV). Early sexual contact, MULTIPLE SEXUAL PARTNERS, and taking oral contraceptives ( birth control pills) also increase the risk of cervical cancer because they lead to greater exposure to HPV.
Forms of HPV whose different types cause skin warts , genital warts , and other abnormal skin disorders, have been shown to lead to many of the changes in cervical cells that may lead to cancer over time. Certain types of HPV have also been linked to cancers involving the vulva, vagina, penis, anus, tongue, and tonsils. Genetic material that comes from certain forms of HPV (high-risk subtypes) has been found in cervical tissues that show cancerous or precancerous changes.
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by eyinjuege: 5:13am On Jul 13, 2018
ademijuwonlo:

The vaccine itself has it own challenges and it efficacy is not 100%. I ll advocate for A for abstinence for singles, B for Be faithful for married folks and C for Condom use for people who can't help it.

Goodluck with your advocating abstinence and faithfulness. ABC of prevention sounds very nice on paper, but Your advocacy has done little, and Nigeria is now one of the gonorrhea capitals of the world. HIV prevalence seems to be rising too instead of coming down, despite your ABC. The only practical one there is the use of condoms.
Gardasil vaccines is one of the vaccination schedule of developed countries. Yes, it may need booster doses, but its cost effectiveness is still better than having to treat cervical cancer. Nigeria has no screening programs for cervical cancers, the responsibility lies with parents to ensure they protect their children.
You can't change human behaviour on things like abstinence and faithfulness.

2 Likes

Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by ademijuwonlo(f): 5:57am On Jul 13, 2018
eyinjuege:

Goodluck with your advocating abstinence and faithfulness. ABC of prevention sounds very nice on paper, but Your advocacy has done little, and Nigeria is now one of the gonorrhea capitals of the world. HIV prevalence seems to be rising too instead of coming down, despite your ABC. The only practical one there is the use of condoms.
Gardasil vaccines is one of the vaccination schedule of developed countries. Yes, it may need booster doses, but its cost effectiveness is still better than having to treat cervical cancer. Nigeria has no screening programs for cervical cancers, the responsibility lies with parents to ensure they protect their children.
You can't change human behaviour on things like abstinence and faithfulness.

It has been estimated that Condom has 69 to 94% effectiveness but not 100% effective in the prevention of STDs. Condoms can fail to prevent an exposure to STDs if they break, slip or leak during sex. It has to be used consistently and correctly.It is much less protective if used inconsistently and/or incorrectly.

Being faithful and abstinence are still the best!!!

Pap smear test can be done in teaching hospitals in the country....the only problem is inadequate info/awareness about it.
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by eyinjuege: 7:41am On Jul 13, 2018
ademijuwonlo:

It has been estimated that Condom has 69 to 94% effectiveness but not 100% effective in the prevention of STDs. Condoms can fail to prevent an exposure to STDs if they break, slip or leak during sex. It has to be used consistently and correctly.It is much less protective if used inconsistently and/or incorrectly.

Being faithful and abstinence are still the best!!!

Pap smear test can be done in teaching hospitals in the country....the only problem is inadequate info/awareness about it.

Any trained nurse or health care assistance can do a pap smear, but is it a program in Nigeria?
Is it free in the teaching hospitals? Ideally, the health centers should do it, as it doesn't take rocket science to do.
Information and awareness isn't the problem.
The main thing is the cost implication.
Is it free? If it's not how much is it?
Lagos state used to do a cervical screening program for its staff, but not the pap smear, they were more about using the liquid based cytology. But that was just for their staff. I'm not sure if they even still do it.
Compared to the whole population of women in Lagos state, I'm sure less than 1% are Lagos state staff.
There are some other centers in surulere and ?akowonjo which offer similar services free once a month or so just for a select few.
Pap smear in teaching hospitals are not free, it used to be about 5K or so many years ago. You need to do it every 3 years. How many can afford it?
Now, regarding the Abstinence and be faithful slogans, even the people who formulated it are not abstaining and are not being faithful to their partners.
Are you abstaining yourself? Keep the answer to yourself, just reflect on it.
For every 100 people you advocate abstainance to, maybe 2 of them will do it, meaning 2 of them are 100% free from the risk. The remaining 98 persons are still exposed.
For every 100 people you preach faithfulness to, maybe 45 of them will take your advocacy (You can be faithful and still carry the HPV virus from previous exposure before marriage btw) meaning 55 of them will still be exposed out there with no protection.
Now, for condom users- out of a 100, you can still get 80 people who will take your advocacy about using condoms.
The preaching of abstinence and faithfulness has been on longer than HIV through religion, and even many of the religious leaders preaching it don't practice it. It efinitely didn't stop people from having sex. Even with HIV, it hasn't stopped anyone.
Africa adopts that because we're hypocritical and still love to pretend we don't do sex. Preaching condoms will make it seem we are endorsing promiscuity, but better that than putting people's health in jeopardy.
Face the reality that the Abstinence thing is dead on arrival. Nowadays, children as young as 12 are having sex with themselves in that same Nigeria, despite the advocacy of abstinence going from one secondary school to another teaching them about it. Being there, done that and it's made little difference.
Re: "Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) by ademijuwonlo(f): 8:23am On Jul 13, 2018
eyinjuege:

Any trained nurse or health care assistance can do a pap smear, but is it a program in Nigeria?
Is it free in the teaching hospitals? Ideally, the health centers should do it, as it doesn't take rocket science to do.
Information and awareness isn't the problem.
The main thing is the cost implication.
Is it free? If it's not how much is it?
Lagos state used to do a cervical screening program for its staff, but not the pap smear, they were more about using the liquid based cytology. But that was just for their staff. I'm not sure if they even still do it.
Compared to the whole population of women in Lagos state, I'm sure less than 1% are Lagos state staff.
There are some other centers in surulere and ?akowonjo which offer similar services free once a month or so just for a select few.
Pap smear in teaching hospitals are not free, it used to be about 5K or so many years ago. You need to do it every 3 years. How many can afford it?
Now, regarding the Abstinence and be faithful slogans, even the people who formulated it are not abstaining and are not being faithful to their partners.
Are you abstaining yourself? Keep the answer to yourself, just reflect on it.
For every 100 people you advocate abstinence to, maybe 2 of them will do it, meaning 2 of them are 100% free from the risk. The remaining 98 persons are still exposed.
For every 100 people you preach faithfulness to, maybe 45 of them will take your advocacy (You can be faithful and still carry the HPV virus from previous exposure before marriage btw) meaning 55 of them will still be exposed out there with no protection.
Now, for condom users- out of a 100, you can still get 80 people who will take your advocacy about using condoms.
The preaching of abstinence and faithfulness has been on longer than HIV through religion, and even many of the religious leaders preaching it don't practice it. It efinitely didn't stop people from having sex. Even with HIV, it hasn't stopped anyone.
Africa adopts that because we're hypocritical and still love to pretend we don't do sex. Preaching condoms will make it seem we are endorsing promiscuity, but better that than putting people's health in jeopardy.
Face the reality that the Abstinence thing is dead on arrival. Nowadays, children as young as 12 are having sex with themselves in that same Nigeria, despite the advocacy of abstinence going from one secondary school to another teaching them about it. Being there, done that and it's made little difference.
Good healthcare is not cheap anywhere in the world...what is important is to encourage people to go for important tests and not take their health for granted. There is no spare to life.

Condoms are made free to schls and readily available to people to purchase in pharmacies....has it now stopped STDs from spreading?
Advocating for the use of condoms cannot work for married people because 98% of them still want to have children and would have to stop using condom to procreate. Since condoms effectiveness is high only when it is correctly and consistently used then,...you can only preach being faithful to that set of people and also encourage women to routinely do check up for it.

I'm practicing 100% abstinence till date and that's my personal conviction even before I was introduced to the red cross program on STDs to sec sch in my SS 1. Abstinence has been good for me cos I don't bother about unwanted pregnancy nor being infected with STDs. I also make it a point not to share sharp object.

Abstinence is doable.....if I can do it anybody who sets his/her mind on it can do it too.

I believe nothing is unachievable and I think you should stop projecting your belief on others....they have the power to choose whichever works for them between the ABC of prevention of STDs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do / Mosquito Farm Owner Believes That Enzymes From Mosquitoes May Cure HIV/AIDS / Man Hit By Mouth Cancer In Kaduna (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.